For non-believers - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraGuy

Humans when they were supposedly created by god were "perfect"
Perfect things, which there is no such thing, cannot make a mistake. The bible tells us that humans were "perfect"
not necessarily. perfect things are perfect until they make a mistake. they (adam and eve) had a choice, and were perfect up until they chose to sin.
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #212
Road Trip!

Region: Other
Re: For non-believers

Here is another verse about an angry god.......

"I have wiped out many nations, devastating their fortress walls and towers. Their cities are now deserted; their streets are in silent ruin. There are no survivors to even tell what happened. I thought, 'Surely they will have reverence for me now! Surely they will listen to my warnings, so I won't need to strike again.' But no; however much I punish them, they continue their evil practices from dawn till dusk and dusk till dawn." So now the LORD says: "Be patient; the time is coming soon when I will stand up and accuse these evil nations. For it is my decision to gather together the kingdoms of the earth and pour out my fiercest anger and fury on them. All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy. "On that day I will purify the lips of all people, so that everyone will be able to worship the LORD together. My scattered people who live beyond the rivers of Ethiopia will come to present their offerings. (Zephaniah 3:6-10 NLT)
93CobraGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143

not necessarily. perfect things are perfect until they make a mistake. they (adam and eve) had a choice, and were perfect up until they chose to sin.
+1
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also, look this one up.....

The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies! The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet. At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt. In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before his fierce anger? Who can survive his burning fury? His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence. The LORD is good. When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge. And he knows everyone who trusts in him. But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood. He pursues his foes into the darkness of night. (Nahum 1:2-8 NLT)
I could give you my belief on this now, or you could give me a little time to do some studying of Nahum and get back to you. I apologize, because this is part of my past not being a true Christian showing. I have not yet done a study of Nahum, so what I say now may be inaccurate and not true.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #215
Road Trip!

God commanding humans to kill other humans, a breach of his commandments.......

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)
Old 05-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #216
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I could give you my belief on this now, or you could give me a little time to do some studying of Nahum and get back to you. I apologize, because this is part of my past not being a true Christian showing. I have not yet done a study of Nahum, so what I say now may be inaccurate and not true.
That's very mature and responsible of you. I'm impressed you admitted that.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #217
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:

God created perfection, we, by choice, brought in sin, and with it death, sickness etc.
Heck yes my God has the power to stop it, but it is not time yet. He will some day though. unfortunately, when He does stop it, there will be judgement on those who have not accepted Him. that is why I spread this message, because I (and God much much more so than I) dont want you or anybody to suffer in hell for eternity.
Wrong again sorry, you can't ignore the first choice just because it doesn't fit your story. Your all knowing God made that choice for you. He made the first choice and had full knowledge of all the consequences of that first choice. Proof that free will and choice are a lie...boom
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 AM   #218
Road Trip!

God slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:37 AM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Wrong again sorry, you can't ignore the first choice just because it doesn't fit your story. Your all knowing God made that choice for you. He made the first choice and had full knowledge of all the consequences of that first choice. Proof that free will and choice are a lie...boom
I don't think that is accurate and cannot be used as proof. Your sarcasm of the others view is clouding your message.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #220
Road Trip!

Do you believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."
Old 05-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #221
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshy

I don't think that is accurate and cannot be used as proof. Your sarcasm of the others view is clouding your message.
Stop ignoring the first decision. It is EVERYTHING.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 AM   #222
Road Trip!

While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 AM   #223
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."
No, I do not.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 AM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Stop ignoring the first decision. It is EVERYTHING.
What?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 AM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

there is a lot of controversy within the church, let alone everyone else, about free will. once again, i believe that God created perfection, and we screwed it up. God didnt screw anything up. God is all knowing, so He wouldnt create perfection knowing that He would screw it up...that makes no sense.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:40 AM   #226
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.
Lol.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:41 AM   #227
Road Trip!

The Messiah must be a physical descendant of David (Romans 1:3 & Acts 2:30). Yet, how could Jesus meet this requirement since his genealogies in Matthew 1 and Luke 3 show he descended from David through Joseph, who was not his natural father because of the Virgin Birth. Hence, this prophecy could not have been fulfilled.

Isaiah 7:16 seems to say that before Jesus had reached the age of maturity, both of the Jewish countries would be destroyed. Yet there is no mention of this prophecy being fulfilled in the New Testament with the coming of Jesus, hence this is another Messiah prophecy not fulfilled.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:42 AM   #228
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

there is a lot of controversy within the church, let alone everyone else, about free will. once again, i believe that God created perfection, and we screwed it up. God didnt screw anything up. God is all knowing, so He wouldnt create perfection knowing that He would screw it up...that makes no sense.
This is a difficult thing to talk about. I see what your saying. I think just because he is all knowing doesn't mean he didn't create us to be imperfect on purpose in order to achieve some other type of prefectures. Idk if this goes with the bible or not. Just saying what I think.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:44 AM   #229
Road Trip!

Does Jesus support peace, or war? Matthew 5:39 "Resist not evil, but whoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."
Also note Matthew 6:38-42 & 26:52 where Jesus teaches non-resistance, Non-violence.
Now read (Luke 22:36-37) Where Jesus commands people to take arms for a coming conflict. (John 2:15) Jesus uses a whip to physically drive people out of the temple.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:44 AM   #230
Road Trip!

I'll make it simple for everyone. If I build a a 20 foot track that ends directly over my brothers head and than take a bowling ball to the other end. If I release this bowling ball onto the track it will start to roll. When it gets to the end, it will fall on my brothers head and kill him. Am I responsible for my brothers death?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:45 AM   #231
Road Trip!

Quote:

Stop ignoring the first decision.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:45 AM   #232
Road Trip!

Matthew 6:13 Jesus recites a revised prayer and states, "Don’t bring us into temptation." God is the cause of everything, even Satan.
God has been leading people into temptation since the Garden of Eden. Otherwise, the trees of life and knowledge would have never been there.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:46 AM   #233
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll make it simple for everyone. If I build a a 20 foot track that ends directly over my brothers head and than take a bowling ball to the other end. If I release this bowling ball onto the track it will start to roll. When it gets to the end, it will fall on my brothers head and kill him. Am I responsible for my brothers death?
In my opinion, Yes. I don't see how that was clear at all. Your posts are based off of oddities and insignificant riddles. Lol
Old 05-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Stop ignoring the first decision.
What?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #235
Road Trip!

Quote:

In my opinion, Yes. I don't see how that was clear at all. Your posts are based off of oddities and insignificant riddles. Lol
No, they are not.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #236
Road Trip!

I guess my points are going on ignored?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #237
Road Trip!

My points are from your precious book.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:50 AM   #238
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am having a hard time following your pints bro. Haha. Make it real obvious for me.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:50 AM   #239
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
what are you talking about? modern science and physics: laws of thermodynamics disprove the theory of evolution and the big bang.
history: the bible has been proven historically accurate many, many times by many different people, Christians and not.
geology: there are fossils of sea animals on the tallest mountains in the world, explaining the flood. Biology: our DNA has a pre-written code in it that knows what do do, some thing called "A Priori" knowledge, meaning that the only way for that to exist, is for something outside of itself to give it that knowledge.

i said originally i didnt want to do this. I wont be able to prove everything to you in Christianity. at some point, you have to choose what to believe, like you already have. I am just asking you to reconsider without bias.

...I will ignore your comment about the " idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in tounges"
Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 AM   #240
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My points are from your precious book.
I havent read the "precious book" I have gone through 10 years of catholic school just to be called a part of the church and a few years of christian school too.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 AM   #241
Road Trip!

Everyone will have to worship Jesus -- whether they want to or not. Philippians 2:10

A Christian can not be accused of any wrongdoing. Romans 8:33
Old 05-02-2011, 01:52 AM   #242
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Everyone will have to worship Jesus -- whether they want to or not. Philippians 2:10

A Christian can not be accused of any wrongdoing. Romans 8:33
Taken out of context. I think
Old 05-02-2011, 01:52 AM   #243
Road Trip!

Quote:

What?
Why can't you guys understand? If God is all knowing, than he knows everything you will do before he creates you. All the way to death. He knows all of your decisions before you make them. Once he creates you, he has made all those decisions for you.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:53 AM   #244
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
no, but when you throw around useless insults, it takes me a while to be able write without saying something I will regret
Old 05-02-2011, 01:53 AM   #245
Road Trip!

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar