I don't think they should've killed Bin Laden - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #71
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: I don't think they should've killed Bin Laden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
He hates America, I don't.
Where did he say he hated America?

Quote:
If being an american means giving away all your rights and taking it up the *** from the government, yeah i'm anti-american.

If being an american means chanting USA after our government murdered a man, 10 years after he was relevant, for political gain and because the media manufactured him into a symbol of all evil and terrorism in the world, then yeah i'm anti-american.

If being an american means that i have to turn off my brain and think everything would be hunky-dory if only my political party was pulling the strings, then yeah i'm anti-american.

Pretty much everything portrayed as "the american way" these days is a huge embarrassment to me, and I make it a point to tell my international friends that much like the south is not all rednecks in mobile homes, america is not all stupid religious jingoistic weirdos.

Some of you people disgust me.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Why is everyone always worried about offending the middle east? I was more offended when my brother died on 9/11, when they decapitated Daniel Pearl on video ,and when they take a religion and pervert it into an excuse to kill innocent men, women and children on a daily basis. They are going to hate us no matter what we do. They cheered in the streets on 9/11 when they killed us so if we cheer for one death ,they can get over it!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidfast5.0 View Post
You are ignorant. OBL has been incredibly relevant for the past 10 years.
Judging by your avatar of a man in military dress, I know this is going to fall on deaf ears, since you have been trained to accept whatever you are told, but give me one instance of OBL being "incredibly" relevant to the life of an average american in the last 10 years. He was barely relevant on 9/11/01.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang1
Why is everyone always worried about offending the middle east? I was more offended when my brother died on 9/11, when they decapitated Daniel Pearl on video ,and when they take a religion and pervert it into an excuse to kill innocent men, women and children on a daily basis. They are going to hate us no matter what we do. They cheered in the streets on 9/11 when they killed us so if we cheer for one death ,they can get over it!!!
+1000
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Saw this on Facebook... Thought you guys might enjoy it
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #76
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow

L O L

That's what you got out of that?
You guys are so antigovernment it's recockuless
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #77
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

Where did he say he hated America?
Ok I restate. He just hates being American.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #78
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Can you not (along with everyone else who shares this opinion), at the very basic level, have respect for why the entire Middle East hates America, based on the statement you just made?

Instead of the Middle East hating themselves and their leaders for killing and taking their rights away, America, for the last several decades, have been responsible for many deaths due to either conflicts we have engaged in over there or people whom we supported, even at a basic level (such as Libya's leader and Saddam), and put into power whom have killed and taken away rights.

Next time you see people in the Middle East chanting down to America and burning American flags, I ask everyone to take their bias away from the situation and look at our history as it concerns the Middle East.
Quote:
I would like to point out a few things:

1) The United States of America is the only country in the world to have ever dropped a nuclear weapon on anyone.
2) I at no point said anything about sitting around a camp fire singing kumbaya. I simply ask people who celebrate Osama Bin Laden's death and who chanted "USA! USA! USA!" to understand what I wrote above and the consequences.
3) If we want to keep on living, we need to understand our enemy and why they are our enemy. Propping up dictators for our own benefit in the Middle East counteracts this goal. Giving Saddam Hussein chemical weapons and supporting Osama Bin Laden, even on the most basic level, during the 1980's counteracts this goal.

You are suppose to learn from the past, not make the following statement:

and then continue to support the same policy that got us where we are right now. The only glimpse into the future we have is the actions of our pasts. While some of these actions obviously contributed to where we are today, it is clear that there are enough actions, that we continue today, that are detrimental to our country, on a moral and economical level.
Quote:
That has nothing to do with my initial post you responded too. If we drop a nuclear bomb in the Middle East, they are not going to suddenly like us. There is no logical point in your sentence here.

I actually agreed with you on this, already.

Absolutely not. This statement right here makes it quite clear you have no understanding of who we are actually fighting in the Middle East. The people we are fighting do not hate us because we "have".

They hate us because for the last 60-70 years the United States of America has meddled in the affairs of the countries in the Middle East. Propping up dictators to support our interests, funding unorganized rebels such as Osama Bin Laden and handing over chemical weapons to leaders such as Saddam Hussein who in return used them on his own people.

During the Egypt protests, tear gas was being shot into crowds of protesters with canisters labeled "Made in U.S.A.", while in America our citizens can't go into our closet or fridge and find a single item labeled "Made in U.S.A.".

That is why people hate us. The only thing we export is our Military. Everything else we "have" comes from outside.
Quote:
The point was that argument is unfounded. In the history of the world, the United States of America is responsible for the majority of nuclear and chemical weapons distributed across the world. We created this monster.

Germany and Japan are not the Middle East. They were defined enemies, with specific agendas defined by borders. Those countries had one leader who, onces removed allowed for the entire collapse of the agenda that they held.

Osama is dead and we are no closer to getting out of the Middle East. If anything, everyone downplayed this death and said he was a non issue when he died.

Please stop using the two World Wars to validate future wars, just because those were the last two wars we actually won AND issued a declaration of war on a nation.

I am giving you my opinion. In your sarcastic response are you indeed conceding that you have nothing else to offer to me other than sarcasm?
Quote:
I'm sorry, I thought that was clear at this point. Let the Middle East deal with the Middle East. History shows they did not start messing with us until we decided to reach outside of our borders and start messing with them.

The United States of America had no historical ties to the Middle East when this country was founded. We ran away from England because of tax and religious oppression. We then kicked the Indians out and took this country as our own. We didn't give a **** about the Middle East until about the time everything we were producing relied on Oil. Our industrial era (which China is now entering) brought on our involvement in the Middle East. Why does anyone think we care about the Middle East to this day? We have never given a **** about Africa. Ever. The only people that give a **** about Africa are celebrities who want tax write offs. No, our "concern" with the Middle East, as a country, started about the time everyone on Planet Earth realized they were sitting on the next Gold mine. It is the same reason everyone left the east coast and ran to the west coast of America without stopping anywhere in the middle. People in this country have always gone where the money is.

We are there for a reason and it has nothing to do with our "safety" as a country and everything to do with how profitable oil is and how we refuse, as a country, to try to move away from it. At least, in the recent years we have attempted to make progress, but with everything in America it is a constant fight between our two party system. You make some progress and then it is removed. How many times do we have to have gay marriage approved only to be overturned. We still can't smoke weed in this country legally but we can go to a bar and get **** faced anytime we want.

I can't tell you what exact steps this country needs but I can tell you ignorance to how ****ed up we actually are is what keeps us going down the path we are. Consider this a therapist telling America what its issues are and some starting steps on how to get the ball rolling to improvement.

The cry of America is that people have fought for what we have today in America. It is time we stop that broken record and start realizing that what we have today is a pretty bleak future, at our current pace and that it isn't muslims fault that we are where we are. Only our own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang1 View Post
I am not going to type it all over again.

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #79
Regular

Quote:
You guys are so antigovernment it's recockuless
That's a great thing to say to someone currently serving in the military.

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

They probably said the same thing about Washington when they were playing armchair general in Britain.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #81
Road Trip!

Quote:

That's a great thing to say to someone currently serving in the military.
Serving in the military doesn't exclude you from being antigovernment.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #82
Regular

Quote:
Notice how you are the only one throwing out labels and accusations. If you want to talk about the issues we can do that. Otherwise, stop accussing people of being anti-American (and then saying I take it back) aw well as calling them anti-government. It doesn't do well for you.

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #83
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Well...except for this pesky thing which is an affirmation of why someone has joined the military in the first place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oath of Enlistment
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Just to break up the tension...
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #85
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow

Well...except for this pesky thing which is an affirmation of why someone has joined the military in the first place...
You're right, I guess everyone who takes an oath or affirms is telling the truth in court.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #86
Road Trip!

Quote:

Notice how you are the only one throwing out labels and accusations. If you want to talk about the issues we can do that. Otherwise, stop accussing people of being anti-American (and then saying I take it back) aw well as calling them anti-government. It doesn't do well for you.
I took back the anti-American, but you're without question antigovernment.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #87
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
My step brother Dave had a choice between Military or jail, guess where he is now?
As much as I understand that the military is full of more poor people or people that had little "choice" your step brother did actually have a choice. It was to not commit a crime

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I say that every person that was sent to war or assisted in the war effort, and families of all the victims of the attacks should have been given the option Of slapping that ***** one by one till he died.
Thank you soldiers and all emergency personell.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #89
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
You're right, I guess everyone who takes an oath or affirms is telling the truth in court.
I do. To accuse me of otherwise is not something I would advise. But this is all pointless anyway because your idea of what qualifies as antigovernment is an incredibly uneducated and short sighted assertion.

I'd get more out of arguing with someone who isn't even old enough to vote yet.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #90
Regular

Quote:
I took back the anti-American, but you're without question antigovernment.
I'm fine with that label, coming from someone who for the last few pages has just throw out childish comments and labels. It really means nothing to the majority of people who are reading this thread.

Even without your previous comments, our founders were anti-government. Please move on. All you are doing is repeating the same thing over and over again. You have brought no real discussion to this. I have answered your questions in depth.

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #91
Road Trip!

Quote:

I'm fine with that label, coming from someone who for the last few pages has just throw out childish comments and labels. It really MEANS NOTHING to the majority of people who are reading this thread
Thats how I fell about everyone on here reading this thread. I LOVE AMERICA
Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 PM   #92
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
Yah, you are right there. He beat a guy up pretty bad for raping his sister, my step sister. Guess he had it coming.....
He still had a choice. If you want to talk about how ****ty our judicial system is in America start another thread. I will more than likely agree with you. Otherwise, lets try to stick to a general area of American politics in this thread, which is our military.

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #93
Regular

Quote:
Thats how I fell about everyone on here reading this thread. I LOVE AMERICA
Good for you. You still haven't contributed much of anything to this thread. Again, I answered all of your questions. Please stop clouding up this thread with labels, childish remarks and exclamations to people about how much you love being an America.

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
Judging by your avatar of a man in military dress, I know this is going to fall on deaf ears, since you have been trained to accept whatever you are told, but give me one instance of OBL being "incredibly" relevant to the life of an average american in the last 10 years. He was barely relevant on 9/11/01.
Join the Marines and go to Afghanistan if you think he hasn't been doing anything in the past ten years.

I guess by "average American" you mean the sheeple living here in the US? If so, he hasn't done ****, because he has been so busy hiding from our global force that made a promise to find him, bring him to justice, and end his reign of terror. You live in your blanket of freedom and are too self righteous to understand what some people have endured to ensure your arrogance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman94 View Post

How the hell was he a threat? He was not the leader of alkaida"don't know how you spell it" anymore and he hid behind a damn woman with no and I'll repeat NO! gun. He was a coward and he needed to go to an american prison and meet old Bubba and they would've had a good old time until the day he had to die.

Also this celebrating his death is bull crap! Celebrate that people from 9/11 can feel better that its over but not his death. He diserves no! celebration.
He was the leader of Al Qaeda. You are too uneducated to even speak on the subject. Learn to spell before you try to enlighten me on subjects in which I am well versed.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree 100% on the military training their troops to shoot to kill but they are also trained in hand to hand combat and to protect themselves and to disarm their enemy. Well he may of had some guards that had guns wich I have no problem with them killing because that would've been self defense but they had the commen courtesy to shoot the woman in the leg then they decided to shoot bin laden in the chest I believe then decided to shoot him in the head also making sure he was dead. I call that murder.

If You were to come into my home murder my family then run and hide for 4-5 years and suddenly I see you one day at a bar then walk up and shoot you in the chest then blow your f'n brains out they would haul me to prison as fast as they could and call me a MURDERER for the rest of my life.
You are just a common idiot huh? You are comparing civilian violence to acts of war.

I was the designated marksman for my fire squad and fired many shots at enemy combatants who posed me no direct threat. So, am I a murderer? Should I be tried in court? Or was I following the ROE just like the team who killed OBL?
Old 05-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #96
Regular

Quote:
You are just a common idiot huh? You are comparing civilian violence to acts of war.

I was the designated marksman for my fire squad and fired many shots at enemy combatants who posed me no direct threat. So, am I a murderer? Should I be tried in court? Or was I following the ROE just like the team who killed OBL?
Please stop posting in this thread if you can not refrain from insults. There are other military people posting within this thread that do not feel the need to belittle other people for their opinion. Simply express your beliefs about the situation if you wish but throwing insults at people solves nothing and further makes a thread like this harder to follow for others.

This goes for everyone.

Reddit
Old 05-05-2011, 12:05 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not uneducated enough to speak of this. for one I made this thread and if you don't like it don't post on here duh? I'll learn how to spell Al Qaeduh when you learn some manners. Also I'm not trying to enlighten anyone.
He is dead. "Was" is the correct tense.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If they were not fireing at you then yes you are a murderer plain and simple. I think the real idiot here is the one behind the gun shooting at people that don't threaten him.
How old are you?

So, every sniper/designated marksman is a murderer?
Old 05-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #99
Regular

Alright guys. Lets not go this route with this thread please. If you want to accuse one another of being anti-american or murders do it via PM so the rest of us do not have to see it.

Reddit
Old 05-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Alright guys. Lets not go this route with this thread please. If you want to accuse one another of being anti-american or murders do it via PM so the rest of us do not have to see it.
I would really like to see his response if you don't mind. I'm guessing he is just some 18-20 year old kid that is just now learning the ways of the world now that mommy and daddy aren't around as much.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #101
Regular

Quote:
I would really like to see his response if you don't mind. I'm guessing he is just some 18-20 year old kid that is just now learning the ways of the world now that mommy and daddy aren't around as much.
Your comments are not far off from an 18-20 year olds. Stop throwing insults at people you disagree with on the internet.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how old I am. I'm old enough.

Every person no matter who, if they shoot someone with intent to harm or kill and they are no threat then yes they are a murderer.
Any other comments will be removed. Please stop ruining this thread. We are trying to keep this thread open for actual debate but all that has existed in the last few pages are childish comments and insults.

Reddit
Old 05-05-2011, 12:19 AM   #102
Road Trip!

I do think they should have killed Bin Laden. I do think the majority of Americans thinks we should have killed Bin Laden. I think that makes anyone who thinks differently, the minority. The United States is a democracy and that makes the minorities opinion mean zip. Understand
Old 05-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #103
Regular

Quote:
I do think they should have killed Bin Laden. I do think the majority of Americans thinks we should have killed Bin Laden. I think that makes anyone who thinks differently, the minority. The United States is a democracy and that makes the minorities opinion mean zip. Understand
That is incorrect. The supreme court has ruled on many issues in which the majority opinion was put down.

Reddit
Old 05-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #104
Road Trip!

Quote:

That is incorrect. The supreme court has ruled on many issues in which the majority opinion was put down.
Really, how many issues benefited by the minority vote?
Old 05-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #105
Regular

Quote:
Really, how many issues benefited by the minority vote?
None. Because it had to be given to them in Supreme court rulings.

If you think Americans get to vote on everything that happens in this country then you are sadly mistaken.

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar