I don't think they should've killed Bin Laden - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:51 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
Arrow I don't think they should've killed Bin Laden

He was unarmed and was no threat to the united state or anyone for that matter. I'm not saying that we should've let him go but there was no need in Murdering him. Two wrongs don't make a right. I think they should've brought him to the united state and put him through trial so he could get his punishment in prison.

What do you guy's think?
stangman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I agree to an extent...but according to the rules of engagement, if there is a real or perceived threat then action to prevent injury or death is appropriate. Also, military personnel cannot shoot to wound...if they shoot, it is with the intent to kill. There is a saying that goes , "it is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

It's difficult to make that decision in combat operations...in the time used to think about it, you or your battle might not be going home...It's a judgment call that can only be made by the people there at the time.

Yes, I wish bin laden would have been captured...but there are valid reasons that could have made that a non- option...
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: I don't think they should've killed Bin Laden

I THINK they should have took him prisoner , then publicly executed him (firing squad style) right at ground zero , on Sept 11th !!!!!
Just Sayin '
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT View Post
I agree to an extent...but according to the rules of engagement, if there is a real or perceived threat then action to prevent injury or death is appropriate. Also, military personnel cannot shoot to wound...if they shoot, it is with the intent to kill. There is a saying that goes , "it is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

It's difficult to make that decision in combat operations...in the time used to think about it, you or your battle might not be going home...It's a judgment call that can only be made by the people there at the time.

Yes, I wish bin laden would have been captured...but there are valid reasons that could have made that a non- option...
I think you covered it best right there. Shoot to kill and ask questions later when it comes to combat.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #5
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib View Post
I think you covered it best right there. Shoot to kill and ask questions later when it comes to combat.
+2 even in law enforcement your taught the same thing.... im glad they didnt take him prisoner.. if we had, we'd have every fukn muslim extremist group bomb'n planes, trains, and automobiles.... as well as taking american citiizens and american interest hostage to try to negotiate his release. that situation would create more problems than it would solve, as well as more heartache than closure for others.

he had a 25 million dollar bounty on his head... to be taken dead or alive. you dont kill thousands of americans, and im sure thousands of muslims... and think it's not gonna be "hot nickels" when an american soldier or contractor see's you. noone is gonna attempt to take you prisoner if you or anyone in your enterauge poses a remote threat.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

he wouldve been put to death anyways no?

2004 3.9L v6
Black on black on black

MAC Cold Air Intake, 4.10 gears + T-Lok, SCT Tuner, dual H piped flowmaster super 40's
blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
+2 even in law enforcement your taught the same thing.... im glad they didnt take him prisoner.. if we had, we'd have every fukn muslim extremist group bomb'n planes, trains, and automobiles.... as well as taking american citiizens and american interest hostage to try to negotiate his release. that situation would create more problems than it would solve, as well as more heartache than closure for others.
+1 better off dead.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I am sure there are tons of factors that played into why and how it went down, many we wont ever know so just to assume they did it for a single reason and that the right answer was to not do it is in accurate without all the information.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman94
He was unarmed and was no threat to the united state or anyone for that matter. I'm not saying that we should've let him go but there was no need in Murdering him. Two wrongs don't make a right. I think they should've brought him to the united state and put him through trial so he could get his punishment in prison.

What do you guy's think?
Two wrongs? I've never read such an idiotic statement. The United States is always capitalized and the United States has an s at the end. Try showing some proper respect to your country, if it is your country. My guess is, it's not.
11SHELBYGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

If you were a family member of a person who died in 9/11 or a fallen marine you would say different. I think he got what he had coming to him. We just need to exterminate the rest of the terrorist now.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Kill them ALL , Let Ali sort them out .........
Old 05-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
I think this response pretty much addresses the original post perfectly. I would like to add this...how many of the 3000+ in the twin towers were armed? How many in the 4 planes were armed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonblack View Post
he wouldve been put to death anyways no?
Yes, he would have been put to death. However, in our useless legal system, getting sentenced to death means you have about 20+ years worth of appeals to go through before the day finally comes. 20 years of us paying for him to live. 20 years of us paying for his dialisis as well as other medical needs.

That 20 cent bullet was all the extra expense we needed to pay. In fact, had I been there I probably would have gone full auto and unloaded on him...but, that's just me.

Should we have killed him? You betcha. Like the guy from the whitehouse said yesterday....you don't need a gun to pose a threat.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

I think this response pretty much addresses the original post perfectly. I would like to add this...how many of the 3000+ in the twin towers were armed? How many in the 4 planes were armed?

Yes, he would have been put to death. However, in our useless legal system, getting sentenced to death means you have about 20+ years worth of appeals to go through before the day finally comes. 20 years of us paying for him to live. 20 years of us paying for his dialisis as well as other medical needs.

That 20 cent bullet was all the extra expense we needed to pay. In fact, had I been there I probably would have gone full auto and unloaded on him...but, that's just me.

Should we have killed him? You betcha. Like the guy from the whitehouse said yesterday....you don't need a gun to pose a threat.
I agree with this completely.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

The alternative would have been leveling the compound and probably some of the adjoining area regardless of who was inside or outside...

Four men went into a hostile environment inside a country that had only JUST found out they were there and risked everything they had and would ever have, to minimize collateral. They encountered armed resistance and were attracting a LOT of attention with choppers in the air. Their timeline was very tight considering the longer those choppers were in the air posed a great risk to them and to the guys on the ground getting lifted out. Like Pete said, if a shot is fired by the military, it's to kill.

To judge what these men did in a situation where most of the information being released has not been completely verified, is asinine. It's bad enough when law enforcement gets judged like this, and military operations are a totally different beast.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #15
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Two wrongs? I've never read such an idiotic statement. The United States is always capitalized and the United States has an s at the end. Try showing some proper respect to your country, if it is your country. My guess is, it's not.
No need to get all hostile.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

That son of a ***** got what he deserved we did not need him in the us to spend money on a trial I think they did the right thing to kilkl tha mother****er as soon as they found him I just wish they would have found him sooner , But they should have sot him by firing sqwad on national tv so we all could have seen it, **** him
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry about the rant but that just that guys face pissied me off.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #18
Tib
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post

Agree'd, you said it best...we already spent how much money over the past 9 years looking for him, no need to now support him in prison.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #19
Regular

For what its worth I have no problem with how this happened either. Him being alive is just a disaster waiting to happen. If he would have walked up with a white flag I'd still be ok with the kill shot.

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #20
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman94

What do you guy's think?
Umm he was armed that's why they shot him the asked him to surrender and he refused and he was still a terror threat not only to the us but globally. Now I don't think people should celebrate that's wrong and un-American
16218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom

And with special cases like this his trial would be immediately like sadam but sent back to his country for his death I think it's a good thing he died there being the ace of spades I Belive there would have been multiple attempts to free him
Old 05-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #22
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009 View Post
Umm he was armed that's why they shot him the asked him to surrender and he refused and he was still a terror threat not only to the us but globally. Now I don't think people should celebrate that's wrong and un-American
He wasn't armed. Everyone around him was, but he was not armed.

Osama unarmed when shot dead, US admits

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #23
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drodriguez2009 View Post
And with special cases like this his trial would be immediately like sadam but sent back to his country for his death I think it's a good thing he died there being the ace of spades I Belive there would have been multiple attempts to free him
No, Saddam was a different case. It was Iraq that tried him and under law there, you must die immediately after conviction. Had we brought him back here, he would have went through OUR due process of trial, appeal, trial, appeal, rinse, repeat until eventually he ran out of appeals or the bad guys hijacked enough planes to force us to release him.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Damn I'm late on my news
Old 05-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I wish they wouldn't have killed him either. He should have been tortured for about a year or so before any of us found out he was captured... and then killed.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to JB3nd3r

They said they won't release the photos
Old 05-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
I wish they wouldn't have killed him either. He should have been tortured for about a year or so before any of us found out he was captured... and then killed.
+20,000
Old 05-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

It's just my opinion, but If he was captured he would have went to GTMO and waited for a trial...this takes years. The result of the trial would have been death. It would have cost millions of dollars to do what was already done. Either outcome would have been right...one is quicker, cheaper, and more utilitarian than the other. The other would have been job security for me and lots of others... purely selfish reason. It this case...screw my job security. The result was the same in the end. I don't like all the celebration though...makes us look like the ones we are fighting.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #29
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete08GT View Post
It's just my opinion, but If he was captured he would have went to GTMO and waited for a trial...this takes years. The result of the trial would have been death. It would have cost millions of dollars to do what was already done. Either outcome would have been right...one is quicker, cheaper, and more utilitarian than the other. The other would have been job security for me and lots of others... purely selfish reason. It this case...screw my job security. The result was the same in the end. I don't like all the celebration though...makes us look like the ones we are fighting.
wut? are you serious? wrong for celebrating? he killed thousands of americans! what response do you think ppl shoulda had for a mass murderer? has 9/11 been that long ago that it's not ok to be excited bout justice finaly being dispensed.... he practically got away. u know how many cops and firefighters where killed? i promise u that anyone that has a lost relative on that fatefull day would most likely try to physically assault you for that statement.

im not try'n to be overly criticle, and i realize it's just your opinion... but geesh bud... lotsa ppl lost their lives because of this individual.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #30
Regular

Quote:
wut? are you serious? wrong for celebrating? he killed thousands of americans! what response do you think ppl shoulda had for a mass murderer? has 9/11 been that long ago that it's not ok to be excited bout justice finaly being dispensed.... he practically got away. u know how many cops and firefighters where killed? i promise u that anyone that has a lost relative on that fatefull day would most likely try to physically assault you for that statement.

im not try'n to be overly criticle, and i realize it's just your opinion... but geesh bud... lotsa ppl lost their lives because of this individual.
Can you not (along with everyone else who shares this opinion), at the very basic level, have respect for why the entire Middle East hates America, based on the statement you just made?

Instead of the Middle East hating themselves and their leaders for killing and taking their rights away, America, for the last several decades, have been responsible for many deaths due to either conflicts we have engaged in over there or people whom we supported, even at a basic level (such as Libya's leader and Saddam), and put into power whom have killed and taken away rights.

Next time you see people in the Middle East chanting down to America and burning American flags, I ask everyone to take their bias away from the situation and look at our history as it concerns the Middle East.

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas

I agree with Brent on this. We have brought a lot of this on ourselves meddling in the Middle East.

07 Roush 427R, Brembo 14" rotor and four piston calipers

05 GT Mustang, FRPP, FR X pipe, Hurst short throw,
American Racing Torque Thrust 10X20 wheels,
Granettelli tower brace, custom painted flat black grafix, Yellow Optima
Beav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent

Can you not (along with everyone else who shares this opinion), at the very basic level, have respect for why the entire Middle East hates America, based on the statement you just made?

Instead of the Middle East hating themselves and their leaders for killing and taking their rights away, America, for the last several decades, have been responsible for many deaths due to either conflicts we have engaged in over there or people whom we supported, even at a basic level (such as Libya's leader and Saddam), and put into power whom have killed and taken away rights.

Next time you see people in the Middle East chanting down to America and burning American flags, I ask everyone to take their bias away from the situation and look at our history as it concerns the Middle East.
It would be great if every country was ruled by decent individuals who either didn't get corrupted with power or have a religious belief to kill all infidels. It would be great to live in peace and trust everyone on the planet would want the same, but that's not reality. Have we helped and supported certain people? Yes, if it were easy to see the future and see how these crazy mutha frackers would end up, than things would be different. If we want to keep on LIVING, than we have to keep these virus infected frackers in check. The alternative is to leave everyone alone until they drop a nuke on our @ss. Until they can come up with a peaceful cure for the crazies, we'll have to continue treating it with led.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

My unit had the most KIAs since Vietnam. I have my demons that keep me up at night because of things that happen in combat to bad and deserving people. We never celebrated death...just wanted to call home, get some chow, and defrag. We need to set an example. Of course I am pleased he is dead...but our public reactions resonate world wide and in this situation have a direct impact on the safety of our military and civilian personnel in the middle east. I will NEVER forget 9/11...but I will not allow myself to act in such a way as to motivate fundamentalists to harm more Americans. Understand this...they HATE us. They will use video of our celebrations to recruit more people that hate us. An eye for an eye is fatally flawed because perpetual escalation of force is the only outcome...they kill and celebrate; we kill more and celebrate more; they kill even more...on and on...until everyone loses. Moral and Ethical Philosophy 101...know your history...you gonna fix it or be part of the problem?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #34
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 View Post
It would be great if every country was ruled by decent individuals who either didn't get corrupted with power or have a religious belief to kill all infidels. It would be great to live in peace and trust everyone on the planet would want the same, but that's not reality. Have we helped and supported certain people? Yes, if it were easy to see the future and see how these crazy mutha frackers would end up, than things would be different. If we want to keep on LIVING, than we have to keep these virus infected frackers in check. The alternative is to leave everyone alone until they drop a nuke on our @ss. Until they can come up with a peaceful cure for the crazies, we'll have to continue treating it with led.
I would like to point out a few things:

1) The United States of America is the only country in the world to have ever dropped a nuclear weapon on anyone.
2) I at no point said anything about sitting around a camp fire singing kumbaya. I simply ask people who celebrate Osama Bin Laden's death and who chanted "USA! USA! USA!" to understand what I wrote above and the consequences.
3) If we want to keep on living, we need to understand our enemy and why they are our enemy. Propping up dictators for our own benefit in the Middle East counteracts this goal. Giving Saddam Hussein chemical weapons and supporting Osama Bin Laden, even on the most basic level, during the 1980's counteracts this goal.

You are suppose to learn from the past, not make the following statement:

Quote:
Yes, if it were easy to see the future and see how these crazy mutha frackers would end up, than things would be different.
and then continue to support the same policy that got us where we are right now. The only glimpse into the future we have is the actions of our pasts. While some of these actions obviously contributed to where we are today, it is clear that there are enough actions, that we continue today, that are detrimental to our country, on a moral and economical level.

Reddit
Old 05-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

BTW...for those of you celebrating in the streets...smile...you are now on a terrorist recruitment video with pictures of dead and wounded Iraqi and Afghani civilians, followed by celebrating americans in D.C. Followed by the images of 9/11 that will be used for years to brainwash more terrorists.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar