Europe moves ever closer to being the next middle east.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Europe moves ever closer to being the next middle east....

Bishop: Call God 'Allah' to ease relations - Europe - MSNBC.com

wow. just wow.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Europe moves ever closer to being the next middle east....

...wait... what? why?

thats like saying call celery hot dogs so kids will eat it.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

That is so ridiculous.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

To be completely honest, I understand his point...He is simply trying to say that "God" is God, whatever you decide to call Him/Her/It...It's not what you decide to call your god that matters...what matters is what god stands for and message that he brings...the idea that there is an "almighty power" somewhere out there that is far greater than any of us...All Judaeo-Christian religions (i.e. Christianity, Judaism, Islam primarily) have the same fundamental beliefs that there is one God/Yahweh (sp?)/Allah that rules the universe and that we should all live our lives by the same basic principles...Now some of the specific details of each may be a little bit different, such as what each of them call "God", but the fundamentals are the same...That there is an almighty god, there is a human whose purpose it is to save mankind from its sins and lead us all to the "promised land", and that we should all live by a certain set of standards...thats why I have always found the whole Jewish vs. Islam vs. Christian battle really ironic...They are all the SAME...

The difference between them is simply the "Human Factor"...meaning you have some radicals, whether it be Christian, Islam, or Jewish who think that they are the only ones that matter and everyone else that goes by a different name should burn in hell, as it were...Looking back through History, there have been just as many Christian and Jewish radicals as there are Muslim radicals today...It's the human factor of those in power and those who want power that ultimately dictate how things are interpreted...

Back to my point, I understand what this priest is trying to do...He is playing the "can't we all just get along" card...which I agree with to a point...in the fact that I see no reason that we all can't simply agree on a "name" for "god"...To pick Allah I believe would be forcing Christians, Jews and all non-Muslims to compromise while the Muslim radicals get what they want because they killed some people...to be honest, all of "us" should have to compromise...As I said before, the fundamentals are all the same, so the name we call our god shouldn't matter in the end...but in fairness to all Judaeo-Christian religions, we should all have to compromise on a "name" that no one currently uses...that way everyone compromises equally...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
To be completely honest, I understand his point...He is simply trying to say that "God" is God, whatever you decide to call Him/Her/It...It's not what you decide to call your god that matters...what matters is what god stands for and message that he brings...the idea that there is an "almighty power" somewhere out there that is far greater than any of us...All Judaeo-Christian religions (i.e. Christianity, Judaism, Islam primarily) have the same fundamental beliefs that there is one God/Yahweh (sp?)/Allah that rules the universe and that we should all live our lives by the same basic principles...Now some of the specific details of each may be a little bit different, such as what each of them call "God", but the fundamentals are the same...That there is an almighty god, there is a human whose purpose it is to save mankind from its sins and lead us all to the "promised land", and that we should all live by a certain set of standards...thats why I have always found the whole Jewish vs. Islam vs. Christian battle really ironic...They are all the SAME...

The difference between them is simply the "Human Factor"...meaning you have some radicals, whether it be Christian, Islam, or Jewish who think that they are the only ones that matter and everyone else that goes by a different name should burn in hell, as it were...Looking back through History, there have been just as many Christian and Jewish radicals as there are Muslim radicals today...It's the human factor of those in power and those who want power that ultimately dictate how things are interpreted...

Back to my point, I understand what this priest is trying to do...He is playing the "can't we all just get along" card...which I agree with to a point...in the fact that I see no reason that we all can't simply agree on a "name" for "god"...To pick Allah I believe would be forcing Christians, Jews and all non-Muslims to compromise while the Muslim radicals get what they want because they killed some people...to be honest, all of "us" should have to compromise...As I said before, the fundamentals are all the same, so the name we call our god shouldn't matter in the end...but in fairness to all Judaeo-Christian religions, we should all have to compromise on a "name" that no one currently uses...that way everyone compromises equally...
as much as i agree with your post in theory, in reality we both know that its not going to change anything.

...and the war isn't necessarily about religion and the name of god... religion is the "flag" people rally under. its really about money and land.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
as much as i agree with your post in theory, in reality we both know that its not going to change anything.

...and the war isn't necessarily about religion and the name of god... religion is the "flag" people rally under. its really about money and land.
exactly...the "human factor" that I eluded to before is soley about power and money...

money + land = power
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #7

Region: Illinois

while were calling god allah, lets call the Bible the Quran, and shoot while were at it we might as well call christians, muslims. or even better lets just have everyone become a muslim. God will understand, it'll help ease all of the tension between religions........ what a joke, lets all give in to a few extemeists just because someones scared and doesnt want to create any kind of violence, or tension. that whole concept is ridiculous.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

That is the *** way. :dunno:

Quote:
By following the rules of the Film Actor's Guild, the world can become a better place that handles dangerous people with talk, and reasoning; that is the *** way. One day you'll all look at the world us actors created and say, "wow, good going ***. You really made the world a better place, didntcha ***?" - Alec Baldwin
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar