0-1 years 2 8.33%
1-2 years 7 29.17%
2-3 years 1 4.17%
3-4 years 0 0%
4-5 years 3 12.50%
longer than 5 years 2 8.33%
NEVAH!! MUWAHAHAHA!! 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Mike Vick:

How long do you think it will be before Mike Vick appears in another NFL football game?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Mike Vick:

I think the betting is going to get him kicked out for good. The dog stuff is only good for a year, but I Think the betting will make it a perma ban.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hopefully perma ban.t
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I initally voted 1-2 years, but then I remembered the whole Pete Rose thing. I think somone will still pick him up though, probably the Raiders if Al Davis has anything to say about it. He would fit the Raiders persona. But by that time, I think he will be a wash up and and end up not getting resigned.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:13 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I don't think the NFL will let him back in to get picked up. With the nba ref deal fresh, i think he is done.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:14 AM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Never. If he plays another game in the NFL I will wish horrible things upon the team retarded enough to pick him up. They don't want that.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:02 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

1-2 years is my guess.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

I don't think that the betting thing will come into play at all to be completely honest...The reason being Vick wasn't betting on the sport in which he played (i.e. football)...Pete Rose and Tim Donaghy (sp?) both were accused of betting not only on the sports they played, but also betting on specific games in which they played...that is a big no-no and a big conflict of interest...Most people don't realize it, but Michael Jordan had a bad problem with gambling for a long time, but no one ever did anything to punish him for it because he never actually be on basketball...

I think the Vick family has some serious problems with violence though as it seems to be a family tradition to make stupid choices that cost you everything...I say Vick turns into a story similar to that of say Mike Tyson...I do believe that Vick will serve a year or two in jail and try to make a serious comeback at football...He will play alright for a little while, and then people will realize that he is just not the athlete they thought he was and he will eventually be booed off the field...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #9
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

He'll never be allowed back in, and even if he was... if there was a team that was actually dumb enough to sign him on, that team would go down the ****ter. They'd lose their fan base, and the NFL as a whole would suffer IMO.

Considering pacman jones got suspended for a year for being accused of what he did, Vick isnt going to see a field ever again.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
I don't think that the betting thing will come into play at all to be completely honest...The reason being Vick wasn't betting on the sport in which he played (i.e. football)...Pete Rose and Tim Donaghy (sp?) both were accused of betting not only on the sports they played, but also betting on specific games in which they played...that is a big no-no and a big conflict of interest...Most people don't realize it, but Michael Jordan had a bad problem with gambling for a long time, but no one ever did anything to punish him for it because he never actually be on basketball...

I think the Vick family has some serious problems with violence though as it seems to be a family tradition to make stupid choices that cost you everything...I say Vick turns into a story similar to that of say Mike Tyson...I do believe that Vick will serve a year or two in jail and try to make a serious comeback at football...He will play alright for a little while, and then people will realize that he is just not the athlete they thought he was and he will eventually be booed off the field...

lol, I almost name dropped Mike Tyson as well, that's why I thought he would get back in but be a wash out.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:11 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
I don't think that the betting thing will come into play at all to be completely honest...The reason being Vick wasn't betting on the sport in which he played (i.e. football)...

Actually, I was reading today that the NFL has a no-betting policy. Nothing about betting on football alone, betting in general. Haven't had a chance to look for more info about it, but it is what I read on the interweb, so I know it is fact.

None the less, I don't see him coming back at all...unless the plea deal completely drops the betting charges...then the NFL will be lame and let him come back after a 1 year suspension after his jail time.

If the no gambling thing is true, then...As the person wrote in his column...it's funny, the NFL will allow felons on the field, but not gamblers.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

as much as i don't want to see him play ever again, i think for the fact that he has money and its going to probably bring ratings and people to the games if he comes back, that i bet they would allow it....everything is always based around $$$
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

The NFL's (and other professional sporting leagues) concern with gamblers has to do with their trying to maintain the credibility of the competition.

I like turtles.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #14
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
The NFL's (and other professional sporting leagues) concern with gamblers has to do with their trying to maintain the credibility of the competition.
I would think letting felons play the game does more damage to the credibility of the sport as whole, damn the competition.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:19 AM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
I would think letting felons play the game does more damage to the credibility of the sport as whole, damn the competition.
See, there you go thinking again. Rape, assault, felony DWI, and the many other felonies currently accounted for by players, are not nearly as bad as if someone were to bet on a game they have no control over. If it was their own game....then ok...but if a Bengal player bet on a baltimore vs cleveland game, they would have no control.

None the less...you need to stop thinking....you could pull a muscle.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

The moral standing of the players has nothing to do with the competitive outcome of the game. If you are involved with gambling (doesn't matter if it's on another game, or even on football, at all) then you are associated with people that have a definite interest in what the game's final score will be. That's why it's unacceptable. It doesn't have anything to do with the "image" of the game, the league, or the players. It's all about keeping the competition honest.

I like turtles.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

The NFL (and all professional sports for that matter) are inherently dishonest by the fact that players are playing for a paycheck and not because they love the game...Unfortunately, when you are getting a multi-million dollar contract, staying healthy so you can make more money becomes more important than playing hard and keeping the game "honest"...which is the exact reason I prefer college sports...The talent pool isn't nealy as good, but the percentage of players on the field giving it everything they have simply because they love to play the game and they want to win is much higher than it is in professional sports...I would sacrifice talent for effort any day of the week...

A player with 75% talent who gives 100% effort is much more exciting to watch than a player with 100% talent who doesnt give a ***** about anything other than getting his next paycheck...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
Old 08-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Actually, I was reading today that the NFL has a no-betting policy. Nothing about betting on football alone, betting in general. Haven't had a chance to look for more info about it, but it is what I read on the interweb, so I know it is fact.

None the less, I don't see him coming back at all...unless the plea deal completely drops the betting charges...then the NFL will be lame and let him come back after a 1 year suspension after his jail time.

If the no gambling thing is true, then...As the person wrote in his column...it's funny, the NFL will allow felons on the field, but not gamblers.
Once again you are correct Just the fact that he was gambling will get him kicked out of NFL So far as jail time I don't see more then 1-2 years Most state and federal system you gotta do 85% of your time

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

You can take the ****** out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the ******. :yup:
Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Well, it has been settled...Vick will definitely be back in the NFL once he serves his time...

FOXNews.com - NAACP: Michael Vick Should Return to the NFL - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Old 08-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #21
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

that is some bull****
Old 08-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I see any team hiring him back committing media and popularity suicide. From now on he will be remembered as the rich guy who got his jollies by hanging and beating dogs to death.

Any team that hires him will be instantly recognized as agreeing with his previous decisions.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

I new it as far Vick getting back in goes.

And as far as college supposedly being more "real" ...BS. They are no more playing for "love of the game" than NFL players. They are all playing for the hopes of getting drafted. Nearly all (if not all) of the players on big school teams got scholarships to go there, they got scholarships because they would have done well at the college level, if they figured to do well at the college level, it is expected that they might have the chance to play for the NFL. They are all playing for the paychecks they don't have yet. It is a pet peeve of mine for people to say they dont like the NFL because it's just players playing for a paycheck. I don't disagree with that, but in college, I see the same amount of "look at me", "I'm the all star", "I'm the best", "I carry the team" etc because they are trying to get drafted.

To me, 90% are playing for the check too, they just don't have the money yet.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I see any team hiring him back committing media and popularity suicide. From now on he will be remembered as the rich guy who got his jollies by hanging and beating dogs to death.

Any team that hires him will be instantly recognized as agreeing with his previous decisions.
Ahem, Oakland Raiders....Al Davis....
Old 08-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
The civil rights organization said animal rights groups, talk radio and the news media were vilifying the embattled athlete
LOL...um...yeah. That's kind of what happens isn't it?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Ahem, Oakland Raiders....Al Davis....
And they will always be remembered for that. You can't tell me the team's ticket sales went up after that glorious move.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:45 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Which move? Al Davis is the owner and has encouraged the "renegade" mentality that the Raiders had (at least up until recently). They have cooled down of late, but were always the thug team of football and their fans still love them and similar people with like attitiudes were atracted to the team. I could easily see Davis hiring someone like Vick.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:28 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
I new it as far Vick getting back in goes.

And as far as college supposedly being more "real" ...BS. They are no more playing for "love of the game" than NFL players. They are all playing for the hopes of getting drafted. Nearly all (if not all) of the players on big school teams got scholarships to go there, they got scholarships because they would have done well at the college level, if they figured to do well at the college level, it is expected that they might have the chance to play for the NFL. They are all playing for the paychecks they don't have yet. It is a pet peeve of mine for people to say they dont like the NFL because it's just players playing for a paycheck. I don't disagree with that, but in college, I see the same amount of "look at me", "I'm the all star", "I'm the best", "I carry the team" etc because they are trying to get drafted.

To me, 90% are playing for the check too, they just don't have the money yet.

you proved my point...they are playing to get to that point...they have to play hard to earn it, to show that the deserve to be playing for the big bucks...college players are playing at 100% to get the money, not to keep the money as they do in the NFL...you play harder for something you don't have yet, than you do for something that you do have but take for granted...

and I didnt say that all college players play simply for the game, i said that there are a higher percentage of ones that play for the love of the game...I would say at the professional level, you have maybe 15-25% playing because they love them game? but in college athletics, it's probably more like 40-50%?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

I don't watch little league baseball. It just isn't entertaining for me because 90% of the kids that are playing aren't playing because they love the game. Most of them are playing because their parents make them. That just ruins the game for me.

I like turtles.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol
Old 08-24-2007, 06:06 PM   #31
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Wow...I can't believe the NFL is going against the complainers...

FOXNews.com - NFL Suspends Michael Vick Indefinitely, Without Pay - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar