Halo 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Taywi
Halo 3

So... who's ready to "Finish The Fight"?

from old and busted to new hotness
Taywi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 12:53 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Re: Halo 3

Not me.

I'd rather they make the Halo series into a movie so I'd watch it. I absolutely hate playing the game on a console. The story is great, trying to play it gets me incredibly frustrated. Touchy controls and ****, give me a mouse and a keyboard and I'll kick everyone's ***.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:57 AM   #3
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Not me.

I'd rather they make the Halo series into a movie so I'd watch it. I absolutely hate playing the game on a console. The story is great, trying to play it gets me incredibly frustrated. Touchy controls and ****, give me a mouse and a keyboard and I'll kick everyone's ***.
You do know Halo is available for the PC
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2007, 01:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
x2 and they have more multiplayer maps on halo for PC

Old 08-23-2007, 01:53 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
yeah and they (the PC versions) come out 1-2 years after the console version.

i heard Halo3 was supposed to be released for the PC a month after the 360 version (since by then everyone would be on DirectX10 and Vista running dual cores, but thats yet to become the norm), but i believe that is now bunk, as i have not seen anything to support the claim.

if i had a 360 then id get Halo3 just because, but im not going to rush out and get a 360 and a HD-LCD tv just for Halo3.

I used to love the game, and i still do, to an extent. IMO it has one of the best storylines in FPS games ever, one of the first that truly immersed you in a world like never before. I used to be a console gamer but moved to PC's and ever since then its not the same. Halo feels rather slow and sluggish, the controls and movement is slower paced, perhaps to make it feel more like youre a average marine wearing 300lbs of Spartan armor, maybe not. after playing games like Half Life 2, Quake4, Doom3, Prey, etc. It feels alien to move that slow through combat situations.

btw i doubt Halo3 will "Finish the Fight". Halo has gone from being a one time deal to a ****ing franchise; if anyone remembers, the extra footage that came with the Original Halo Collectors Case whatever had them saying the next game would not be halo but would use everything they learned, and that MC's journey ended with Halo, but as we know, Money talks and M$ has it. if they end the storyline with Halo3 its dead, MS and Bungie arent retards, they know they have a cash cow on their hands and will continue to milk it till theres nothing left. IMO i would hope #3 has a ending but sets up for earth to bring the fight to the Covenant, which would set up a badass movie.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:14 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Read what Thomas said, **** comes out late and by then I'm already uninterested.

I do think though that Halo is a BIT overrated. It's a good story, but a great FPS game? Not at all. I think the Half Life series is much better in terms of story and game play. Quake was just a shoot'em up. Well, I did like Quake 2's beginning where you came in on a pod and tried to get off the planet. That was alright, Doom was alright. When it came out I was too young to give a crap about the story line, I just went around shooting things and using codes up the *** for kicks.

Anybody see the new Team Fortress 2 trailers? Meet Heavy Weapons Guy was very funny, and Meet Soldier was even better. Can't wait until that one comes out.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post

btw i doubt Halo3 will "Finish the Fight". Halo has gone from being a one time deal to a ****ing franchise; if anyone remembers, the extra footage that came with the Original Halo Collectors Case whatever had them saying the next game would not be halo but would use everything they learned, and that MC's journey ended with Halo, but as we know, Money talks and M$ has it. if they end the storyline with Halo3 its dead, MS and Bungie arent retards, they know they have a cash cow on their hands and will continue to milk it till theres nothing left. IMO i would hope #3 has a ending but sets up for earth to bring the fight to the Covenant, which would set up a badass movie.
I beg to differ.

Its just a trilogy, they will make halo wars, but that will be the end of it. No halo4. And companies keep picking up and dropping the rights for the movie. No one wants to do it. either they think it wont turn out as good as ppl think it would for a movie or they are affraid their movie will bomb and they will waste a ton of money and partially ruin the game for some. idk

And the halo series is great fps. I agree that half life was an awesome fps, but that wasnt for a console. Plus halo3 will be 4 plyr online co-op. Anyone who has played on legendary on split-screen w/ a buddy on legendary, knows how much fun co-op is with the halo series. So having 4 plyr will rly draw alot of ppl. I mean when i first started hearing rumors about their not being any rumors, i was thinking about cancelling my pre-order.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

meh, Haze looks like a better overall experience

Free Radical > *
Old 08-23-2007, 09:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Read what Thomas said, **** comes out late and by then I'm already uninterested.

I do think though that Halo is a BIT overrated. It's a good story, but a great FPS game? Not at all. I think the Half Life series is much better in terms of story and game play. Quake was just a shoot'em up. Well, I did like Quake 2's beginning where you came in on a pod and tried to get off the planet. That was alright, Doom was alright. When it came out I was too young to give a crap about the story line, I just went around shooting things and using codes up the *** for kicks.

Anybody see the new Team Fortress 2 trailers? Meet Heavy Weapons Guy was very funny, and Meet Soldier was even better. Can't wait until that one comes out.
Wake-up... Wake-up and smell the ashes Mr. i wouldn't know a good storyline if it hit me in the face... but its cool with me i you want to be some dude in a blue suits little ***** in a game....lol... granted i'll says half life 2 did have a great OH **** factor when you get rushed...and the Magnum is GREAT.. but IMO Gears of War is the only game that has ever challenged the GOD which is the Halo Franchise

Old 08-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taywi View Post
Wake-up... Wake-up and smell the ashes Mr. i wouldn't know a good storyline if it hit me in the face... but its cool with me i you want to be some dude in a blue suits little ***** in a game....lol... granted i'll says half life 2 did have a great OH **** factor when you get rushed...and the Magnum is GREAT.. but IMO Gears of War is the only game that has ever challenged the GOD which is the Halo Franchise
play Quake4, Doom3 or Prey and Halo will have zero "Oh ****" factor. especially since those games are light on the ammunition, so every shot counts and you cant just spray things with bullets like Halo.

Halo is very redundant. you walk for a minute, kill 5 enemies in a group (usually something like 4 grunts and one elite) and repeat. if you get shot too many times, you duck for cover until your shield recharges and go back out. Halo is a very easy FPS (even Legendary only equates to hard on any other game).

Old 08-23-2007, 05:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When it came out I was too young to give a crap about the story line, I just went around shooting things and using codes up the *** for kicks.

I still remember some of them. IDDQT, IDDKFA............... Oh memories
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
play Quake4, Doom3 or Prey and Halo will have zero "Oh ****" factor. especially since those games are light on the ammunition, so every shot counts and you cant just spray things with bullets like Halo.

Halo is very redundant. you walk for a minute, kill 5 enemies in a group (usually something like 4 grunts and one elite) and repeat. if you get shot too many times, you duck for cover until your shield recharges and go back out. Halo is a very easy FPS (even Legendary only equates to hard on any other game).
You should try Rainbow 6 Vegas.

And yes, I cannot wait till the game comes out. I'll be playing online, but not with a bunch of ****ing glitchin 10 year olds that shouldn't even have the damn game, but with a group of friends I've found playing RB6.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post

And the halo series is great fps. I agree that half life was an awesome fps, but that wasnt for a console. Plus halo3 will be 4 plyr online co-op. Anyone who has played on legendary on split-screen w/ a buddy on legendary, knows how much fun co-op is with the halo series. So having 4 plyr will rly draw alot of ppl. I mean when i first started hearing rumors about their not being any rumors, i was thinking about cancelling my pre-order.
*whispers* Half Life 2 the Orange box(I think that's the name) should be out in the next month or two for 360. Granted it's 3 years late, but then again the 360 wasn't out then.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #14
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

R6 kicks ***.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

I'm not the biggest fan of Vegas. It's alright. Playing it networked with brent, nate, and the will is pretty fun. Mostly because I can annoy the **** out of nate (and to a lesser extent, will).

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:45 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

OMG! You guys are tards. Campaign (unless you were playing co-op with a buddy) is NOT where Halo2's greatest strength came from. It was the online play and LAN MATCHES! It was the perfect game to get a bunch of your buddies and people you didn't even know, invite them over and have a MASSIVE lan match. That is what Halo2 was made for and the online experience was great until hacking became so wide spread. When your playing against a computer your not going to get the memorable experiences you get like when you play with buddies. You can't brag about the cross level sticky unless you had witnesses.

For me Halo was an on and off addiction. I would play it every night until about 4AM for weeks, and then get burnt out, but then I'd play at a lan match again and get hooked again over and over. Halo2 was great.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:35 AM   #17
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of Vegas. It's alright. Playing it networked with brent, nate, and the will is pretty fun. Mostly because I can annoy the **** out of nate (and to a lesser extent, will).
Bastard
Old 08-24-2007, 01:53 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
OMG! You guys are tards. Campaign (unless you were playing co-op with a buddy) is NOT where Halo2's greatest strength came from. It was the online play and LAN MATCHES! It was the perfect game to get a bunch of your buddies and people you didn't even know, invite them over and have a MASSIVE lan match. That is what Halo2 was made for and the online experience was great until hacking became so wide spread. When your playing against a computer your not going to get the memorable experiences you get like when you play with buddies. You can't brag about the cross level sticky unless you had witnesses.
i used to do the same thing. i used xbconnect instead of live though.

however i now play CS:S (thomas91169 is my sn). owning someone and leveling them down with the knife to the back>sticky grenading someone. i am teh king of sticking it to the man. when i was into halo, me and my neighbors had a special game type for just plasma sticking someone. we had the sheilds and life adjusted so that the only way one could die is from a direct stuck-on grenade blast, blasts from surrounding misses didnt do much unless you happened to run through three at a time. infinite grenades ftw. i like to drop one, wait a second, drop the other and run, when the first blows it flings the second whichever direction you had it pointing. used to work great around corners.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:03 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Eh. Socom is my game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:22 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

For me Halo was an on and off addiction. I would play it every night until about 4AM for weeks, and then get burnt out, but then I'd play at a lan match again and get hooked again over and over. Halo2 was great.
i agree with that. The co-op was what I loved about halo. but the massive 8v8 lan matches in college were nothing short of amazing.

and idk about the whole knife to the back>sticky grenade. I do play Cs:s ad well as dod:s. I think it depends on the circumstances, it takes more skill to sticky someone. But I know most ppl just wildly throw them and thats how they get the stick.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:08 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 03redfire cobra

counting down the days till it comes out

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8
03redfire cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:51 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Halo is the best franchise there is. Nothing you can say will make me change my mind. If you think I am wrong, I'd like to point out that you can dual wield shotguns in Halo 3.

And yeah, there is PC halo, but halo 2 came out on xbox like 3 years ago, and came out on PC like 6 months ago and requires vista. I almost want to buy a 360 to play this though.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:59 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

BF and UT series FTW.

Halo is overrated... its nothing new... nothing revolutionary... just a solid FPS that stands a bit higher than par on the quality FPS list.

i own 1 and 2... me and my friends would play it every now and then but its not enough to keep me away from my pc gaming. console FPS just arent the same.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:06 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
console FPS just arent the same.
Truer words have never been spoken (or typed...).

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:10 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaWill View Post
Halo is the best franchise there is. Nothing you can say will make me change my mind. If you think I am wrong, I'd like to point out that you can dual wield shotguns in Halo 3.

And yeah, there is PC halo, but halo 2 came out on xbox like 3 years ago, and came out on PC like 6 months ago and requires vista. I almost want to buy a 360 to play this though.
and you might be excited about dual shotguns...

but UT has tactical nukes and dismemberment/exploding corpses with a decent physics engine (nothing better than blowing someone up with a flak cannon in a low gravity environment).

Old 08-31-2007, 05:15 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

first one is the tactical nuke

and unreal tournament 3 is coming out this year... looks awesome

and lastly gameplay footage of 3...

Old 08-31-2007, 09:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

People that just look at Halo as an FPS are bound to think its overrated, its not the best FPS out there in terms of variety, graphics, gameplay(though it does have pretty good AI). You really have to get into the universe before you can appreciate it for the masterpiece that it is. There are 5 books, (i've read the first 3), a graphic novel (comic) done by marvel artists, and pre launch bungie always has some weird meta game bull**** going on (see, cortana letters, i love bees, iris). Halo 3 is bringing lots of fun stuff to the table like a packaged in "Garry's Mod" type deal called Forge, 4 player campaign co-op (think R6:vegas), lots of sweet new vehicles, maddenesque replays where you can zoom the camera around and ****, etc etc. There is even a ****ing mobile base that looks like the Jawa walker or whatever from star wars that houses one teams flag in one of the CTF maps, and it has a horn that sounds like the tripods from war of the worlds.

Long story short, for the uninitiated, Halo is a game where you are an near invicible cyborg slaughtering aliens in another Doom clone. For some crazies like myself, the Master Chief is really John-117, and I've known he and the rest of the Spartan-IIs since they were stolen from their parents at six years old and conscripted into the UNSC by Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey.

So yeah, from a purely "i want to kill some mother****ers right now with a boom headshot" halo is unimpressive, but if you want to be immersed in a game world, Halo is where its at.

(They even wrote biographies for the generic 3rd and 4th player models that you play in 4man coop)

/nerd
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

okay i have barely even started halo 2 so i'm not ready for halo 3

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

i will and i think most others will agree the one thing Halo has going for it is an addicting storyline and an immersive environment.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #30
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

halo3 is going to kick ****ing ***... the beta was amazing and it was just a preview... i cant wait for it

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Halo has always had a cool storyline, but what has set it above the bar and had other FPSs trying to catch it has been the multiplayer.

Run through beat the game. Call up your buddies with an xbox, get 16 people going on all night lan games.

I wont be playing H3 for awhile. I have to wait till I can find a 360 for next to nothing. Just like I did with my XBox. Only reason I bought it was for Halo, got it for about 50 bucks. I will stick to my PS3 and Wii.

Sony does have Resistance now which is a great game, good story, and great multiplayer. I think they have it on par with halo. Still trying to figure out how to lan party the game.

But besides the two, yes the computer is where it is at for FPS. Halo and Resistance were designed to be used on a console and their controls reflect it. I hate playing games like Ghost Recon on the console because they took the computer game and turned it to a console, so now to throw a grenade, instead of pressing "G", it is "L2" and Square...or **** like that, gotta press 2 or 3 buttons to do simple tasks. and aiming isnt as easy.

I need to get back into playing FEAR and Advanced Warfighter.

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i will and i think most others will agree the one thing Halo has going for it is an addicting storyline and an immersive environment.
Agreed. Everything else is overrated.

I went to the mall near my house to pick up my dad's friend's kids. They were standing in line back when Halo 2 was going to be released at midnight. They had been standing there since that morning, 2nd in line. Which was good thinking because when we got there, there were 4-5 separate lines after that.

Whatever. Halo's game play feels like James Bond 007 for the N64, and I didn't care for that either. While everyone was playing that, I was playing games online on my computer that were a **** load better graphics and the controls weren't slidey and lame.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

So... does anyone have a Gamertag??? mine is Thane of Cowdar

Old 09-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Whatever. Halo's game play feels like James Bond 007 for the N64, and I didn't care for that either. While everyone was playing that, I was playing games online on my computer that were a **** load better graphics and the controls weren't slidey and lame.
lol the almighty N64 controller, made for humans with 3 hands. i will say however Perfect Dark for the N64 was my favorite all time FPS. i wish i had never sold my N64.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #35
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

^ Perfect Dark was Goldeneye, just with different graphics.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar