Lets discuss something - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Post Lets discuss something

I was talking with another associate at a store over the weekend while on my break. We heard some cheering from the nearby break room over the college game and he mentioned about the V-tech playing or something. Then we got into the discussion about the V-tech shootings and basically, we as America and how we are seen overseas.

The associate worked overseas and was in Japan for 3 years so he got to see how we are really portrayed and what others think of us out of the country and I felt it was pretty interesting.

Firstly, I wanna talk about V-tech. Obviously it was a big tragedy, but nobody wants to put blame on themselves for this. Just like at Columbine, everyone wanted to blame someone other than themselves. Nobody said, "Let's blame the students for harassing the kid(s)." or "Let's blame the school for sort of ignoring the warnings that the kid(s) were showing at the time." Oh no, it was mostly, "Let's blame the media, video games, and the government for not having more strict gun laws."

What really does that do? You can blame the media, video games, and the government all you want, and right now did we see a change with the V-tech shootings? Hell no. The student was harassed by other students at the school, calling him China Boy and other racial comments. The professors knew about how twisted he was by the stories he wrote, and the councilors knew about his anger management. And as for Columbine, the students harassed the two boys, and I'm more than sure the teachers and other students knew they were troubled and full of angst. It's easy to blame others, and that's how we were raised. It's simple to point the finger at everyone but ourselves, but that's not solving anything.

Now onto the topic of our country.

The associate talked about our country as a very violent and military driven type of society. Which, if looking at it from another country, is true. From what the they hear is from the media saying on a daily basis is troops attacking whomever, creating new weapons of war, and basically a consumerism built society as well. New products constantly coming out that we need to get. iPods for example. You saw the rush, some of us gave in, took me years to get one only because it had everything I wanted as an MP3 player.

But other countries see this, and our own media from movies and all they see is violence. Now combine this violence with an immigrant coming into this country. They see how we take action to our problems, and the student from V-tech took in that knowledge and built upon it and it turned into what happened those months ago.

So.. I dunno, it all makes a lot of sense to me. Now I'm becoming more aware as to what our Country is being seen as. I am still a proud American, but I'm starting to realize what kind of portrait we are displaying as ourselves. Proud.. turning into an ignorant citizen, not really seeing what needs to be fixed. I think we just have a really bad image, and I think we should try fixing ourselves before we try fixing other countries and try helping them.

But like I said, I don't know. This all makes sense to me, but being one person I doubt I could make a difference to make change. Our country was probably at it's highest after World War 2 ended. Everyone was happy, things are a bit calmer than they are now.. but nowadays.. I wish I could kinda jump into a time machine and live in the past and try to forget about what is going on in the future ya know?

I dunno.. I'm heading out for a bit.. Catch ya guys later.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Re: Lets discuss something

Sorry man, I am not reading all that. I am too drunk. Perhaps I will try again tomorrow.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post

The associate talked about our country as a very violent and military driven type of society. Which, if looking at it from another country, is true.
laughable at best. compared to any other countries past, we are pretty tame. we have NEVER invaded other territories or countries for gains. the only time America gets involved is when we get picked on.

as far as violent, hardly. Militaristic? **** yeah. if it wasnt for America, alot of countries would be up ****s creek without a paddle. IMO the rest of the world should be ****ing grateful we are there 120% of the time to bail their asses out of trouble. half the countries around today might not be even existent if the US had never became anything more than a 2nd world country (like we were post WWII)

Quote:
and basically a consumerism built society as well. New products constantly coming out that we need to get. iPods for example. You saw the rush, some of us gave in, took me years to get one only because it had everything I wanted as an MP3 player.
Were a materialistic society because we can. you should be grateful you are in such a society, and anyone that tells you less or looks down upon America is just jealous they cannot do the things we can. Our forefathers had to work hard to build this country up to where it is today, if the rest of the world stopped *****ing about us and actually put some work into their own countries they can be here too.

the rest of the world should be grateful America is there to have its back. if America fell today, tomorrow would be anarchy, and the weeks that follow would likely lead to the extinction of the human race. America is the foundation the entire modern world is built upon. we are the Internet, we are the Economy. what happens here happens to the rest of the world.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I actually find it quite ironic that someone from Japan would consider our country militaristically driven. :hmm:

They were the ones that were following General Tojo while the emporer was going "Huh? ok" with eyes wide shut as to what they were trying to do, and heck they might have actually succeeded if not for us. They were kicking China in the balls and if we hadn't stepped up after Pearl Harbor, much of Asia might be called Japan right now.

Also, as far as being materialistic goes, Japan IS the leader in new technology and gadgets, nearly all of the gadgets that we are raving over right now, the Japanese have 2 of for 6 months now. All cultures have to change eventually, but unfortunately in a way, Japan is not the honor and tradition centered civilization it used to be. If anything the are our western Pacific counter parts now. So, to me coming from that country anyway, it's a bit pot calling the kettle black.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
laughable at best. compared to any other countries past, we are pretty tame. we have NEVER invaded other territories or countries for gains. the only time America gets involved is when we get picked on.

as far as violent, hardly. Militaristic? **** yeah. if it wasnt for America, alot of countries would be up ****s creek without a paddle. IMO the rest of the world should be ****ing grateful we are there 120% of the time to bail their asses out of trouble. half the countries around today might not be even existent if the US had never became anything more than a 2nd world country (like we were post WWII)
And it's this mentality, "We have the best, we can do what we want" attitude that makes our country be hated against so much. Don't you hate ******** who prance around in their high powered car and trashmouth other people's weaker cars?

Quote:
Were a materialistic society because we can. you should be grateful you are in such a society, and anyone that tells you less or looks down upon America is just jealous they cannot do the things we can. Our forefathers had to work hard to build this country up to where it is today, if the rest of the world stopped *****ing about us and actually put some work into their own countries they can be here too.
That was one thing I discussed about that associate about. I told him, "Don't you think of the other countries were doing as well as America is doing they'd turn into a consumer type country likes ours?" He kind of ignored the reply on that one, but I believe it's true.

Quote:
the rest of the world should be grateful America is there to have its back. if America fell today, tomorrow would be anarchy, and the weeks that follow would likely lead to the extinction of the human race. America is the foundation the entire modern world is built upon. we are the Internet, we are the Economy. what happens here happens to the rest of the world.

True, but to have that constantly paraded in front of other countries can build up a lot of hate towards us don't you think?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:32 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
And it's this mentality, "We have the best, we can do what we want" attitude that makes our country be hated against so much. Don't you hate ******** who prance around in their high powered car and trashmouth other people's weaker cars?
The only response to that can be....

"Don't hate the playa...Hate the game." /Booker T.

Personally, I don't give a **** what other countries think of us. They will think we are the big bad bully. Then, some **** will go down...a natural disaster...militant coup...terrorist attack...etc...and then those same countries will come crying to us to bail them out...like they always do. We will bail them out...at which point we will be the big bad bully again. No thanks for help. Nothing. Just a "Help us...Help us..." .... "You suck again"

So, **** the other countries of the world. Personally, we should go ahead and withdraw from the entire world community and watch the comedy ensue...and just enjoy our popcorn.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i have decided that this thread is too long to hold my attention. unless pictures of comp orange roush stage3s are in there, or pictures of wentworth miller, i'm gonna have to pass

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post

Personally, I don't give a **** what other countries think of us. They will think we are the big bad bully. Then, some **** will go down...a natural disaster...militant coup...terrorist attack...etc...and then those same countries will come crying to us to bail them out...like they always do. We will bail them out...at which point we will be the big bad bully again. No thanks for help. Nothing. Just a "Help us...Help us..." .... "You suck again"

So, **** the other countries of the world. Personally, we should go ahead and withdraw from the entire world community and watch the comedy ensue...and just enjoy our popcorn.
That's how I honestly feel about it too. Bring everything back and watch people complain we weren't doing so much anymore for everyone else. I think we should just lock down the borders and try to fix ourselves and make our society even better than before.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:54 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
And it's this mentality, "We have the best, we can do what we want" attitude that makes our country be hated against so much.
personally i dont care what country hates us, they hate out of jealousy for what they could have if they stopped *****ing about not having it, and actually tried to get it.

Quote:
Don't you hate ******** who prance around in their high powered car and trashmouth other people's weaker cars?
i did, then i realized it was jealousy and i too could have such items. then i worked hard, got a better job, and got a better car. now i am that *******. unless you are in a vette, a viper, another mustang or a $200k+ sportscar, i dont know you exist next to me at a light. i saw the kind of person i wanted to be, and instead of hating on him, i am figuring out what he does to get where he is at, and following in his footsteps. if im an *******, so be it, i will still sleep tonight.

Quote:
That was one thing I discussed about that associate about. I told him, "Don't you think of the other countries were doing as well as America is doing they'd turn into a consumer type country likes ours?" He kind of ignored the reply on that one, but I believe it's true.
whats funny is were half as bad as Japan. what we have here today, Japan had two years ago.

Quote:
True, but to have that constantly paraded in front of other countries can build up a lot of hate towards us don't you think?
if they hate us out of ignorance then so be it. im not going to lose any sleep over it tonight. if they hate so bad, they should try to turn that hate into figuring out how to become better.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Okay, here we go. No one will probably read this. Take it in strides. lol

While I am not 100% sure of this, I thought the V. Tech shootings was a result of a (ex)girlfriend or something along the lines. I do agree that America now has the habit and blaming others and Media Hype has driven the wrong ideologies to the Public. American majority has no respect for the rest of their countrymen. I hate the human race simply because there is no such thing as respect anymore, only BS P.C. respect that will ultimately be the countries downfall. The media doesn't help since (and what the rest of the world sees our news as) it's all geared towards subscriptions and selling papers. There is no such thing as news anymore. As for the shooter at V. Tech: People have to grow up. Is there a difference between hatred and evil name calling and learning that some people are asses and are gonna' make fun of anything, of course. However there is also a difference between insanity and sanity and people don't want to infringe on others so we are left with the unstable people where if you don't say "God Bless" when they sneeze will snap. I'm sure the shooter was singled out but at the same time that school had a big Asian population, I do believe. Why aren't all the others shooting the school up? Are you telling me this kid was the only kid that was called Chinese? He was called China Boy, big whoop. He was Asian and perhaps it wasn't P.C. since he was from Korea or whatever, last time I checked they were pretty close together. And if this is the case then I guess the English and Irish and Scottish are all different races. Germans and French, Italians and Greeks, hell Spanish and the rest of Europe for that matter. Where does that leave Portugal? Secluded from all of Europe from Spain yet the Portuguese aren't Spanish? What I'm saying is where do you draw the line? I have Italian, Irish and German ancestry in me but was born on American soil. However I'd be referenced as a "white" person. Grow up, stop crying. Quite so everyone is on the defensive, so it seems, besides middle-aged white males. Soon we won't even have that.

As for Japan's view (and for the World as well) they don't know anything until they look at themselves. Are Americans perfect? Absolutely not. Japan especially has a lot of nerve telling us what we consider materialistic. A country that became recognized as a world power only after they followed what Britain and America had already done and that was industrialize. Eastern wisdom and philosophy got them far alright. It seems after they Westernized however (as did China and Korea) were they seen as actual emerging countries and able to compete globally. And Japan goes on inventing things no one needs and advertising it to its own masses. A country which probably eats dogs and grows cats in square boxes so the cats actually become square. A country where no matter where you are from and what your culture is, nothing you do is any stranger than what that country puts out. I think the entire world will agree that the Asian region exports some strange and useless things.

Military wise, America is the only country that has an all volunteer military. Most countries require you to put in service for your country or face legal action. However it's our military that has changed the world. The American Revolution, the Civil War, WWI and II, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf, Iraq. While all these wars may not be the greatest example of our country they all show the strength and will and determination which our country exhibits to fight for ourselves and beliefs. Beliefs people, a non-physical attribute. Not land, money, power, or resources but instead the notion of thought and free thought at that. Our country has made more history and more global involvement in the past 200 years than all of history. [As for the Greek/Roman era; the known world was what was conquered]. I believe the United Nations troops is heavily consisted of Americans troops. We are the world police, but then again we kind of have to be. We have to stop N. Korea from Nuclear capabilities because we've been there done that and since we know the end result is bad we have to stop it from happening again. Americans fight for honor despite how you define honor.

I see a lot of immigrants come in and completely exploit our system and have the nerve to turn around and point fingers at Americans. I don't want to downplay immigrants since diversity has made this country (almost) great, but those who help destroy our Country need to be kicked out.

And yes we do need to watch ourselves more closely, but we are also getting way to comfortable where we are and have to remember our roots.

Of course we will make enemies. We are somewhere everyone else wants to be. Instead of being bitter they can just join in or have friendly competition instead of having such a negative attitude. They should be examining themselves before being so judgmental.

Surely if our countries experienced our success they'd be more like us. However wealth is not easily distributed everywhere else as it is here, and the distribution isn't that great here to begin with. Other countries do not allow wealth to go straight to its own citizens i.e. communism, socialism, dictatorships or police states. Instead we are a country with a full blown capitalistic economy. Unfortunately many people have had 200, perhaps more, years to capitalize while today most have had 30 years to make a healthy living. Once you are on top you gotta' stay there and so they have. However we put the notion that it is up to YOU to live. No one is responsible for yourself besides you. That's another fault America has, we do not accept responsibility and leave it up to others to pick up our slack. We need to go back to that notion and ideology.

So with that and without repeating Thomas', Dark Shadow's and PureVenom's comments since I support that as well (although I feel Thomas' first post was a bit exaggerated, no offense Tom) I conclude my speech.

/ramble no one will read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

any culture that glamorizes the thug and bullies the nerd has something wrong with it.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post

I'm with you !!! **** the other countries

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
i did, then i realized it was jealousy and i too could have such items. then i worked hard, got a better job, and got a better car. now i am that *******. unless you are in a vette, a viper, another mustang or a $200k+ sportscar, i dont know you exist next to me at a light. i saw the kind of person i wanted to be, and instead of hating on him, i am figuring out what he does to get where he is at, and following in his footsteps. if im an *******, so be it, i will still sleep tonight.
Not everyone has that mentality though. You begin to hate the person, not just for owning the vehicle, but because they are an ******* who thinks they are great for having the car. In this case, an ******* who thinks they are great because they are in the US. Someone from another country sees this, and it turns into a "Typical American thinking their country is so great, but they have so many problems of their own they should fix themselves before they try policing the rest of the world" crap. Which like posted before, many other countries need us anyway. Sure we police the world, because nobody else has the military strength and technology to do anything about it.

Quote:
if they hate us out of ignorance then so be it. im not going to lose any sleep over it tonight. if they hate so bad, they should try to turn that hate into figuring out how to become better.
Alright, but ignoring someone's hate towards us leads to things like suicide bombing and more killings. And it's not hate towards how "good we have it" it's how ignorant we are to other people. This, "We can do what we want attitude" enrages people. They might think their way of life is just fine, but with corporations like McDonalds, Starbucks, Walmart.. coming into their country and changing things so it's turning into America and no longer what they had, I can see why they would get pretty upset over it and think so badly about this country.

But I still have that, "**** you, we're doing so much for other people and nobody takes that into consideration." idea that the associate I talked to kinda opened my eyes abit about the V-tech shootings, but as far as other countries hating us, whatever.

You go anywhere outside the country and tell them you are from California and people treat you like a God

Old 09-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
Okay, here we go. No one will probably read this. Take it in strides. lol

While I am not 100% sure of this, I thought the V. Tech shootings was a result of a (ex)girlfriend or something along the lines. I do agree that America now has the habit and blaming others and Media Hype has driven the wrong ideologies to the Public. American majority has no respect for the rest of their countrymen. I hate the human race simply because there is no such thing as respect anymore, only BS P.C. respect that will ultimately be the countries downfall. The media doesn't help since (and what the rest of the world sees our news as) it's all geared towards subscriptions and selling papers. There is no such thing as news anymore. As for the shooter at V. Tech: People have to grow up. Is there a difference between hatred and evil name calling and learning that some people are asses and are gonna' make fun of anything, of course. However there is also a difference between insanity and sanity and people don't want to infringe on others so we are left with the unstable people where if you don't say "God Bless" when they sneeze will snap. I'm sure the shooter was singled out but at the same time that school had a big Asian population, I do believe. Why aren't all the others shooting the school up? Are you telling me this kid was the only kid that was called Chinese? He was called China Boy, big whoop. He was Asian and perhaps it wasn't P.C. since he was from Korea or whatever, last time I checked they were pretty close together. And if this is the case then I guess the English and Irish and Scottish are all different races. Germans and French, Italians and Greeks, hell Spanish and the rest of Europe for that matter. Where does that leave Portugal? Secluded from all of Europe from Spain yet the Portuguese aren't Spanish? What I'm saying is where do you draw the line? I have Italian, Irish and German ancestry in me but was born on American soil. However I'd be referenced as a "white" person. Grow up, stop crying. Quite so everyone is on the defensive, so it seems, besides middle-aged white males. Soon we won't even have that.
Yeah at first I thought they guy shot his ex, then realized he was ****ed and just shot up some students as a "If I'm going down, I'm taking as many people with me" idea. But it was all that harassment, the fact that he was in a country that promoted violence, and he was mentally unstable that brought this upon them. I personally would have liked to have seen the students who made fun of the kid be expended and booted out of the school to show things like that will not be tolerated.

Quote:
As for Japan's view (and for the World as well) they don't know anything until they look at themselves. Are Americans perfect? Absolutely not. Japan especially has a lot of nerve telling us what we consider materialistic. A country that became recognized as a world power only after they followed what Britain and America had already done and that was industrialize. Eastern wisdom and philosophy got them far alright. It seems after they Westernized however (as did China and Korea) were they seen as actual emerging countries and able to compete globally. And Japan goes on inventing things no one needs and advertising it to its own masses. A country which probably eats dogs and grows cats in square boxes so the cats actually become square. A country where no matter where you are from and what your culture is, nothing you do is any stranger than what that country puts out. I think the entire world will agree that the Asian region exports some strange and useless things.
Oh yeah trust me, whatever Japan thinks of the US, I could careless because of all the weird backward **** that they allow over there.

Quote:
Military wise, America is the only country that has an all volunteer military. Most countries require you to put in service for your country or face legal action. However it's our military that has changed the world. The American Revolution, the Civil War, WWI and II, Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf, Iraq. While all these wars may not be the greatest example of our country they all show the strength and will and determination which our country exhibits to fight for ourselves and beliefs. Beliefs people, a non-physical attribute. Not land, money, power, or resources but instead the notion of thought and free thought at that. Our country has made more history and more global involvement in the past 200 years than all of history. [As for the Greek/Roman era; the known world was what was conquered]. I believe the United Nations troops is heavily consisted of Americans troops. We are the world police, but then again we kind of have to be. We have to stop N. Korea from Nuclear capabilities because we've been there done that and since we know the end result is bad we have to stop it from happening again. Americans fight for honor despite how you define honor.
I remember in one of my history classes of the Greeks constantly being attacked by this other country until they got so sick of it they sent a massive army to their homeland, destroyed every piece of literature, left no prisoners, leveled the buildings, and salted the land so it would be useless to make crops and live there. That's pretty ****ed up, but it stopped the attacks and everyone was happy at the end. I mean, who would really miss North Korea and Iran if they disappeared one day?

Quote:
I see a lot of immigrants come in and completely exploit our system and have the nerve to turn around and point fingers at Americans. I don't want to downplay immigrants since diversity has made this country (almost) great, but those who help destroy our Country need to be kicked out.
I think we have to change our rules and update them. I'm the original founders would agree that a change is in order to be updated with the times.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah at first I thought they guy shot his ex, then realized he was ****ed and just shot up some students as a "If I'm going down, I'm taking as many people with me" idea. But it was all that harassment, the fact that he was in a country that promoted violence, and he was mentally unstable that brought this upon them. I personally would have liked to have seen the students who made fun of the kid be expended and booted out of the school to show things like that will not be tolerated.
Should people be disciplined for negative actions? Of course, but we have to look at more than the "We made him do it" mentality. The funny thing that society and religion find important is free thought and action, yet we both downplay the notion. Ask "What is a free society?" "What are both the negative and positive consequences of my actions?" and going back to Genesis the story of Adam and Eve is a story of really either free choice or following blind, but perhaps the Religion is another debate both story wise and what it means.

The REAL problem was that he was not mentally stable and America now has this attitude that even if you can't do something you can still do it. So people who need help get off with perhaps a prescription and bi-annual check ups or we ignore these signs.

Yes our history has a very violent background, but it's that background and violent necessity that has defined us as who we are. Recently it's been noticed that "average" people are becoming more violent and doing more harm, i.e. Columbine and V. Tech but again life is hard and that's something we've both agreed on is that people don't work for their earnings. Because it's America everything has to be handed over on a silver plate, to Americans or immigrants and it must be instant because that's how we've come to be. I don't like New York because people don't have patience, however I could never live somewhere else because I'm used to a more fast paced lifestyle. This is all cultural definitions on who we are though. Let me regather my thoughts for a second since I did go a bit off track lol. What I'm trying to say is that we ignore our surroundings and I'd just be reinforcing the whole we are all too P.C. to actually do anything. And like I said before people have to learn to laugh at themselves and not take the world seriously. Perhaps this man was driven to excess by others but at what point in your life have you've been tormented so much in such a short period of time that you must shoot anything that moves which is in shooting range. I feel a big problem is that we let whoever wants to roam the country do so, immigrants with undefined pasts and little or no records, the mentally unstable. I'm not saying to keep them out and/or locked away but we must draw a line of healthy and safe and unhealthy and unsafe. They have to be healthy and safe for both themselves and th rest of the public.

In short nobody makes you do anything, everything you do is under your own actions and your own free will. Those who are unstable are an exception of course. And that's what America loves, the exception and not the rule. We exploit the exception and make it seem like the norm when there is really nothing normal about it. Even if you have a gun to your head though you still have free will however the consequence are much more dramatic and these are situations which we cannot physically control.

I also want to note that I've been though darker times in my life as I'm sure many others have. I can relate very well to the idea of being an outsider however I handled it differently and I feel most do. What defines us is where we choose to go in life, to find of "clique" if you'd like to say.

Quote:
Oh yeah trust me, whatever Japan thinks of the US, I could careless because of all the weird backward **** that they allow over there.
Word. lol

Quote:
I remember in one of my history classes of the Greeks constantly being attacked by this other country until they got so sick of it they sent a massive army to their homeland, destroyed every piece of literature, left no prisoners, leveled the buildings, and salted the land so it would be useless to make crops and live there. That's pretty ****ed up, but it stopped the attacks and everyone was happy at the end. I mean, who would really miss North Korea and Iran if they disappeared one day?
Here's something to think about then lol. The Greeks and Romans were quite violent. Ancient Greece had the city of Sparta which lived and breathed war and often fought with their own countrymen, mostly the Athenians while Athenians focused more on intellect than brute force, their was this balance. I can also go on about these two and how the defined the rest of history until the present day. Ancient Rome would feed people to the lions for entertainment and punishment. Centuries ago and even today in many countries, public execution was an all day thing. People would cheer or degrade the prisoners and take their children to see hangings, decapitations, and stoning. Now Ancient Greece and Rome were considered the greatest periods of time by many, free thought, religion, ideas, life and love. Why aren't other nations condemning them? A bit hypocritical to me. Yes we are the only industrialized nation with the death penalty but we have so much more to lose because we have so much more to offer. We see our values differently and this is how we are going to protect them.

As for missing Iran and N. Korea I agree. Who would? However this is unfair for me to say because I believe we should rid anything or anyone that does not promote the advancement of the human race and a better life for ourselves (as well our environment). With that said about 75% of the world would have a lot more leg room

Here's the thing about humans. We are animals. The difference between us and a dog? We stand upright, Dogs have tails, we have opposable thumbs, and evolution has given us different ways to survive. And I forget what point (or counterpoint) that was for but it should be kept in mind of who we really are.

Quote:
I think we have to change our rules and update them. I'm the original founders would agree that a change is in order to be updated with the times.
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 09-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Whatever happened to the days when a friend was a friend. And I know every one is thinking right now "What the heck is he talking about, I AM a good friend!". And I can honestly say, I am not the best friend I want to be, but truly almost no one else is anymore either. No more are the days when true friends were closer than brothers, they knew everything about each other, their best and their worst times, they are always there for each other and stay that way for the rest of their lives. Making sacrifices, and even laying their lives down for each other. A 100% pure friendship with no ulterior motives, no minced words, just honesty.

This kind of devotion you don't even see in marriages anymore. Let alone man to man or woman to woman.

If we were to actually go back to making worthwhile sacrifices for each other, unity would be the least of America's problems and that is the biggest problem with her right now. Everyone is out for themselves and **** every one else. Selflesness is gone.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Whatever happened to the days when a friend was a friend. And I know every one is thinking right now "What the heck is he talking about, I AM a good friend!". And I can honestly say, I am not the best friend I want to be, but truly almost no one else is anymore either. No more are the days when true friends were closer than brothers, they knew everything about each other, their best and their worst times, they are always there for each other and stay that way for the rest of their lives. Making sacrifices, and even laying their lives down for each other. A 100% pure friendship with no ulterior motives, no minced words, just honesty.

This kind of devotion you don't even see in marriages anymore. Let alone man to man or woman to woman.

If we were to actually go back to making worthwhile sacrifices for each other, unity would be the least of America's problems and that is the biggest problem with her right now. Everyone is out for themselves and **** every one else. Selflesness is gone.
WOW !!! I have a whole new respect for you I like what your saying

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

My eyes are hurting now...

Thomas and Osiris said pretty much everything I would have had to say
Old 09-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
My eyes are hurting now...

Thomas and Osiris said pretty much everything I would have had to say
this is scary. we need a IRS vs Solid Rear or some sort of argument to close the hole that has now opened in the space-time continuum. **** i dont think we have had an argument in so long i forget what we even argued about. damn. ****ed up world we live in for sure.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:23 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

IRS ftw
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

dat wheelhopillgetcha tho
Old 09-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I think these other countries need to suck our big, hard American cocks.

If they were in our position, they would be just as materialistic as we are. But, they are not. So they are jealous. So they try to make us out to be some evil nation of evil people doing evil things. In all reality, they would do the exact same damn things we do.

Actually, I take that back. They probably wouldn't do the exact same things we do. After all, of all the superpowers the world has seen, the United States of America is easily the most benign and friendly of all of them.

When is the last time we went out and attacked someone just for their land and/or resources (and if you say Iraq, you deserve to be shot in the face by a whale)? That was common practice for the British, French and Spanish empires, the Romans, the Greeks, etc etc etc all the way back to the dawn of civilization. Instead, we try to promote peace and democracy, and people still hate us?

I say **** 'em.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #23
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I think these other countries need to suck our big, hard American cocks.

If they were in our position, they would be just as materialistic as we are. But, they are not. So they are jealous. So they try to make us out to be some evil nation of evil people doing evil things. In all reality, they would do the exact same damn things we do.

Actually, I take that back. They probably wouldn't do the exact same things we do. After all, of all the superpowers the world has seen, the United States of America is easily the most benign and friendly of all of them.

When is the last time we went out and attacked someone just for their land and/or resources (and if you say Iraq, you deserve to be shot in the face by a whale)? That was common practice for the British, French and Spanish empires, the Romans, the Greeks, etc etc etc all the way back to the dawn of civilization. Instead, we try to promote peace and democracy, and people still hate us?

I say **** 'em.
I'm gonna have to agree with this guy.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

****in' right bbunt, ****in right. :yup:
Old 09-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

"Oh you Americans have very large penises. Girls! Look at this man, he is American. He has very large penis."
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 09-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

"We Japanese, have vedy smmmmallll penises. No reallly see, we have vedy smaaaalll penises."

I loved that episode.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar