Dennis Kucinich is a sorry pos - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Dennis Kucinich is a sorry pos

Quote:
Rep. Dennis Kucinich, Democratic presidential candidate and no stranger to contrarian views, was the sole congressman Tuesday to vote against the House's Sept. 11 commemoration resolution.
FOXNews.com - Rep. Dennis Kucinich Stands Alone Opposed to Sept. 11 Commemoration Resolution - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Re: Dennis Kucinich is a sorry pos

What a ****** bag.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
What a ****** bag.
agreed

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Filth
Old 09-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

I realize that I am going to take a lot of heat for saying this, which is fine, but to all I will offend, I mean this in the nicest and sincerest of ways...

I semi agree with his voting against passing that "9/11 Commemeration Bill", but I don't agree with his reasoning at all...I am all for kicking a$$ and taking name for those who have wronged us...

BUT I will say that I would vote against the bill because I am the type of person that doesn't like to "live in the past"...I was there for 9/11, I had family there and close friends there...I grew up just a stones throw outside of the city...It was an awful day, a day that I would rather not think about or "commemorate" if you will...Unfortunately, awful things happen EVERY DAY and that is just part of life...

It's very simliar to the who idea about people in the news making big deals about plane crashes that kill 100+ people at a shot, meanwhile you have far more people dying in car wrecks every year from simple traffic accidents, yet no one commemorates them or makes a holiday for them to remember their "awful day"...

What happened on 9/11 was an awful day where a lot of people died in one event, but far more people die in other events that are just as tragic but never get a day to commemorate their awful events...

As I said, I am sure that I am going to take a lot of heat for this, but the way I see it and the way that I live my life is simply the idea that I don't live in the past...I live in the now and make way for the future...The only way that you can "change" the past so-to-speak is to accept it and move on...sh!* happens, but that's life...

All of that said, I still think Kucinich's justification for voting against the bill is completely LUDACRIS...

sorry for the rant...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Moving on is not in the vocabulary in today's world. To move on means you are not compassionate.

Noteables of late are:

Virginia Tech (even the team says we don't need a ceremony before each game...just let us play ball)
9/11
Oklahoma City

Yes, each of these are terrible in their own rights...however, do we really need congress to waste time discussing/voting on legislation that does nothing more than say "Something bad happened today at some point in history...we should recognize it". I would much rather they discuss how to fix the situation, not remember that it happened. It would be like a resolution about pearl harbor. You don't need a BS resolution in order for people to know some bad **** happened on December 7th in history. The only resolution that is important around Dec. 7th is the declaration of war that was a result of it.

Basically, I guess my point is that was this really something that congress needed to pass? Aren't there much more important items on their plates than to remind everyone some really bad **** happened on this day that people aren't really going to forget anyhow?

As a side note...I think his reasoning is BS...and he is a POS for walking the political line and regurgitating the rhetoric about WMD being a lie and all that garbage...however, I do think this whole resolution stuff is a pile of steaming turds...
Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

+1^ rob, you and i are on the same page it seems lol...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:45 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

true, but we got a Pearl Harbor memorial don't we?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

But a large problem with support of the war today is that people have forgotten how they felt that day. Like Toby Keith's song "Angry American". Everyone was singing along to it and remebering how mad and hurt they felt. Now we have all moved on already and have forgotten why we are in Iraq now. I do think there should be at least the recognition that Pearl Harbor got. IE a named day, but not neccesarily a day off, and a memorial.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
true, but we got a Pearl Harbor memorial don't we?
I'm all for memorials...but the lawmakers don't need to be wasting their time bloviating about something that doesn't accomplish anything other than waste time. Use that time to fix something....or do something useful...we don't need resolutions stating something ****ty happened on such and such a day in history. It just wastes time and paper.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #11
Regular

Region: Tennessee

While that's true, that's not why he voted no on it and why I made the post.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:36 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
While that's true, that's not why he voted no on it and why I made the post.
I agree...which is why I also added to my first post that I still think his reasoning makes him a ******...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar