Wow.. Have to go to court in Melbourne, Victoria Australia - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:31 AM   #1
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
Wow.. Have to go to court in Melbourne, Victoria Australia

OMFG! NEVER thought this would happen to me! This was a complete - HONEST - misunderstanding.. freaking accent, cultural differences, etc.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

I'm gonna be honest - well, maybe I shouldn't discuss this until after the process has run it's course.... it's really embarrassing, and I should have had a bit of a clue as to what was really happening, and I'm a bit of an idiot for being so naive

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

I'll give you a a few details, at least what I think is reasonable to share.. I FINALLY decided to rent a car in Australia - something I've been hesitant to do since the whole 'driving on the wrong side of the road' is really difficult... So I'm out exploring the eastern part of Victoria, looking for this "luminescent lake" ( Australia’s Mysterious Bio-luminescent Lake | NiceArtLife.com ) and my wife was somewhat "wifey" about not going to see the sights since I spend so much time here..

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

so you know, I have day to kill, figure I'll rent a car and drive the 300km's to check it out.. I pack a lunch, and (it's sunday, so traffic is minimal) cautiously head east :/

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Heading up the coast to find this lake, I finally realize that this is a stupid idea, since it's 300 freaking kilometers from the city, and ... ummm... it's freaking daytime!!!! so I do the calculations and decide that I can't possibly wait until nightfall, AND make it back to Melbourne

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

I never thought that this bad idea would turn into such a predicament! so I explore the country side, and decide that I packed a few bottles of wine (cheap Aussie Shiraz), so I find a place that looks nice to hang out for a bit... I find a neat place to park, and crack a bottle while just enjoying the view!

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

I'm gonna get in trouble for sharing this... Probably should just delete the whole thread! So I polish off the first bottle, it's probably 3pm.. good time to head back to the city.. so I pack up, get headed in the right direction and settle in for a good trip back to the hotel...

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

I let the time pass, but need to stop into a service station to use the 'facilities" (called Toilets here - don't use the term "rest room", because Aussies will mock you for that)... and knowing I have 250km back to Melbourne, I see what I think is hitchhiker.... Young/middle aged lady standing on the corner of the service station, looking somewhat "wanting".... well, I pick up hitchhikers in NH all the freaking time, and figure she needs a lift, so I slow down by her to offer her a ride

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

so you know, when you stop for a hitchhiker, they run up and jump in the vehicle, it's not unexpected... So this lady hops in.... this is such a frustrating situation.. I should probably wait until my "court date" tomorrow.... wtf!
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
That sucks...I am guessing the rest of the story... I know you can't comment any more but I hope it goes well.
Pete08GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Were you on failblog? Theres the same story there from not to long ago.
DrSalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 03:58 AM   #4
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Re: Wow.. Have to go to court in Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSalt22 View Post
Were you on failblog? Theres the same story there from not to long ago.

Was totally trying to lure everyone in.. Yeah, I stole the idea from failblog

DrSalt22 > Me
Old 08-18-2011, 06:00 AM   #5
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Re: Wow.. Have to go to court in Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Here's the link to my fail “John” from Nebraska - Failbook - Funny Facebook Status Messages ( Failbooking )
Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
That is the best Rick Roll'd ever!!!!
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhagan1980

That is the best Rick Roll'd ever!!!!
+1. Lmao.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Yes! I winnnn
DrSalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar