Jena 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Jena 6

Could someone care to explain to me why there's such a huge rally and protest over this case? Apparently 5 black students beat up 1 white student, and everyone is in an uproar about how these black students are going to be charged or something?

Could someone explain to me what's going on if I am missing the real point, I tried looking at CNN and Fox News about this but I'm not sure if I'm missing the details about this.

Because if people are rallying for these students who beat up on one student and wanting them to get away with it, I think it's bull****.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Jena 6

Jesse Jackson showed up.

Nuff said.

Let the extremists begin.

I say we hang em hi.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Black people are the reason racism still exists today.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

3 white students hung a couple nooses from a tree.

6 black students took it upon themselves to beat the **** out of one of the white students in retailiation. 6 vs 1....several weapons vs none. White kid was beat nearly to death. Was unconscious...in hospital...etc.

Said black students were all charged with attempted murder as it was a pre-meditated act.

5 of the six were tried as juveniles as they were under age. the sixth was charged as an adult even though at the time of the incident he was also under age...however he was determined to be more responsible than the others.

Appelate court over ruled the conviction of the black student stating he should not have been tried as an adult.

Jessie and the gang have dertermined that this is southern justice at work...are protesting against it as being the 1960s all over again and picking up MLK Jr's fight.

They are going to march on washington as well in november as they are demanding, along with some wanna be democrats, that the senate judiciary committy summon the louisiana attorney general to testify before the senate as to why the one dude was tried as an adult.

The one whose conviction was over turned by the court is still in jail on $90k bail. The prosectution is still forming their appeal of the over turn.

Jessie and crew are looking for their glory.

There, that's about the sum of it all.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
+1
Old 09-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to crazeflier07

Quote:
You know I never thought that until the black guy that got fired today at my work seemed to try to make it seem like use managers and head chefs, who are white, were prejudice towards a fellow hatian co worker who is our lead cook. Kinda stupid since the guy only worked at the company for like a month while our fellow coworker had worked with everyone at the company for years and are all close.
~Jon~

Sinister Six
1998 3.8L V6
Done So Far:
~CAI, True dual exhaust, UDPs, MGW Shifter, H&R springs, Stage 1 & 2 supension kit, performance rotors & pads, steel braided lines, 1 inch rear spacers, A.R. Rebel 17x9s with BFG rubber! :thumbs2:
crazeflier07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:41 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

Thousands rally in La. to support Jena 6

Quote:
Indianapolis - College students from Louisiana to Indianapolis voiced their support for the six black teens at the center of a beating case drawing national attention. The case is known as the Jena 6.

Students from IUPUI, Butler and Ivy Tech took part in a local protest with calls for equal justice and songs commemorating past civil rights struggles.

The battle cry for justice was reminiscent of the 1960s, but these students were too young to remember when Martin Luther King led marches. Still, they're old enough now to take a stand with protest and petitions for six African-American teens in Louisiana - known as the Jena 6.

IUPUI Black Student Union President Dominic Dorsey helped organize the event.

"It's important that we stand up as a nation at the same time and take this as a teaching and learning lesson and let America know that we won't allow these types of injustices stand," said Dorsey.

The Jena 6 initially faced charges of attempted murder in the beating of a white classmate, even though the injured student attended a school function the same night of the incident.

The charges were later reduced to aggravated battery. The violence erupted after what some call "hate crimes" including nooses hung on school grounds.

"It's a sign of hatred, it's a sign of intimidation and all they got for it was 'This is a harmless prank,'" explained Dorsey.

Thousands of college students nationwide descended on Jena from universities across the region, including historically black colleges like Morehouse College, Spelman College, Clark Atlanta University, Howard University, Hampton University and Southern University. Days ago an appeals court tossed the first battery conviction of the one juvenile tried as an adult.

But that development isn't enough for Indianapolis resident Jacquie Carpenter, who spent her lunch hour at the protest. "We're not down where the incident took place, we're not in Jena, but knowing that we're somehow connected," she said, is important.

"I can still see some things that need some improvement. Just from the number of faces back here you can tell where the focus still kind of lies - there needs to be some awareness raised," added Peter Hofstetler, a senior majoring in history.

Several representatives from local organizations also attended, including Jonathan Carpenter, President of IDAAC, the Indiana Democratic African American Caucus. He told Eyewitness News, "Social conscience of our youth, that's our future. So to see the students doing what they're doing, bringing light to this situation is the most incredible thing."

The thousands of signatures collected will now be sent down to Louisiana's governor with a request to intervene and review of this case. The students are also sending money to the Jena 6 Fund.

The district attorney who is prosecuting the teens, Reed Walters, denied on Wednesday that racism was involved in the charges.

He said he didn't charge the white students accused of hanging the nooses because he could find no Louisiana law under which they could be charged. In the beating case, he said, four of the defendants were of adult age under Louisiana law and the only juvenile charged as an adult, Mychal Bell, had a prior criminal record.

"It is not and never has been about race," Walters said. "It is about finding justice for an innocent victim and holding people accountable for their actions."
Quote:
But that development isn't enough for Indianapolis resident Jacquie Carpenter, who spent her lunch hour at the protest. "We're not down where the incident took place, we're not in Jena, but knowing that we're somehow connected," she said, is important.
Thats from here in indy, My Gf's school had a BSA gather for support also....
Old 09-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Truly, honestly, I try hard to not be racist...then things like this happen and I realize I am for a reason. I know a few black people personally, and they are great guys. But you know what? They weren't raised by a typical black family/ghetto group. One was a foster child raised by a white family, and another was raised by a very hard working conservative family.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:09 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I am fed up with this bull****.

A crime was committed, charges were brought, charges were modified, and everyone in the world gets pissed off because the charges were modified.

**** Jesse Jackson, **** Al Sharpton, **** the NAACP, **** rainbow coalition, **** it all.

I think the charges should be modified back to all 6 being charged as adults for attempted murder, that's what their ultimate goal was wasn't it? Kill the kid.

Makes me want to go down there with a few signs, "Hang the Jena 6" and "Racism sucks, get used to it"
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #10
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Black people make me racist.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:25 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ah. I can see why they'd get pretty pissed. What were the reasons for putting up the nooses?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 AM   #12
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Because the white kids were white trash ****ing idiots. They deserved the *** kicking they got. Jena 6 deserve to be charged for the *** kicking they dished out.

Both parties are ignorant pieces of ****.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

First - While I am sure those nooses were aimed towards the black population, I have not read that they actually were intended towards blacks. If it's the whole noose = lynching analogy obviously History isn't taught anymore since lynching is one of the oldest forms of execution. The Wild West was infamous for them and it was one of the more popular forms of capital punishments up until the electric chair was invented and it's bugs were worked out. Lynchings actual became a public get together and many families would come from all over to see Justice served.

Second there was no, reread NO, as in None, nada, zero, zilch form of physical violence. Was the prank in bad taste? Yes it was, however I see it categorized under two tenses; (1) Free speech, which this country has obviously lost or (2) As said prank and disciplinary action is in order such as University suspension or the likes.

Nowhere in this prank was physical abuse, violence or other type of physical action committed. It was also pre-meditated and planned out so therefor the charges should be much harsher since the aim and goal of the group was obviously to harm, maim, or otherwise hurt a or the students. Six versus one is not self defense and is assault. One beating is bad but six is overkill. Murder was the agenda of the group; Said and Done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:19 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ah I get it. I can understand why they got their asses kicked, but if a black man did something to that type of nature and he was beat on by white kids, I highly doubt the black community would say "Oh let the white kids go they had every right to do that"

Old 09-21-2007, 01:36 AM   #15
Regular

No the black community so called "Leaders" doesn't give a damn about what happens to white people. That's why you'll never see Jesse Jackson marching for anything that doesn't somehow involve helping a black person out or making a white person look bad.

It's not going to happen.

Reddit
Old 09-21-2007, 04:58 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

What a bunch of racist fagg0ts.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

Yea every nigga at my work was wearing all black yesterday with a little purple ribbon and I ask one of them what it stood for and he said Jena6 and I was like wtf is that and he was like you dont know. I was like ummm no so he proceeded to explain and at the end of his story I said thats why I dont know I dont give a ****......

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I am fed up with this bull****.

A crime was committed, charges were brought, charges were modified, and everyone in the world gets pissed off because the charges were modified.

**** Jesse Jackson, **** Al Sharpton, **** the NAACP, **** rainbow coalition, **** it all.

I think the charges should be modified back to all 6 being charged as adults for attempted murder, that's what their ultimate goal was wasn't it? Kill the kid.

Makes me want to go down there with a few signs, "Hang the Jena 6" and "Racism sucks, get used to it"
I'm up for a road trip !!! I gotta agree with Nate "Black people make me racist. "

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Phhtt. While sitting in a doc's office today I saw on CNN the Irreverent Al Sharpton was calling for the main kid's freedom from jail. Of course when the story came on, all the blacks in the room had to look up and look all concerned like this actually affected them and that, if indeed, they were to gang up on beat a white boy to near death, they might also be put in jail because this is such a racist country. There is no way that you can deny that what happended was wrong and was a CRIME. I'm not saying what the white kid did was necessarily undeserving of some retribution, but he got punished for it. Now it's their turn.

Um...and why the hell is this not a hate crime BTW?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Because it is being classified as southern justice trying to get even with the black man. Let some white kids beat the hell out of one of the 6 and watch the race peddlers pull the hate crime card.

It was funny when they protested, there was a black dude on o'reily saying this protest was ridiculous and justice was served...yeah, I'm sure he was disowned by the black community after that show.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Hey anyone rememember when Sharpton and Jackson defended the Duke lacrosse players? Oh wait they never did that, they were white and the other person was black, excuse me, a dirty ******. Oh and what was that other civil case where they stood by the other ****** and just focused on other things when it was discovered the ****** was lying?

And to quote n8r and most other of you: black people make me racist, as long as there are blacks (and this civil rights movement bull****) there will be racism.

Gahhh! this all hurts. Oh and just in case, dirty ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:06 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'll quote a saying that was carved into the side of a bathroom wall. "Blacks are cool, ******s sucks."

Old 09-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #23
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

unfortunately for the cool blacks, the black community is represented by a bunch of ******s
Old 09-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

The only black friends I have are all cool as ****.

Basically, they act like everyone else. And to the black community, they act like white people. Instead of doing stereotypical things a black person should do, they are just like anyone else and they are looked down upon by their own people.

I find it really stupid.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
unfortunately for the cool blacks, the black community is represented by a bunch of ******s
'nuff said.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #26
Regular

This is pissing me off more and more each day. That dumbass comes out of the court house smiling after beating the **** out of a white guy and has Al Sharpton there to support him.

What a sorry piece of **** Al Sharpton is.

Reddit
Old 09-27-2007, 09:51 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Some of the **** said in here makes me not even want to post in here. I disagree with what's happened here from the nooses, to the beatings, to the NAACP (and the rest of the protesters') reaction, all of it. Racism isn't an excuse for racism. Those that have taken the side of the beaters haven't picked the right side, but neither have many (or any) of y'all...

Bit of news from the Britts: link

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:35 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Um...and why the hell is this not a hate crime BTW?

b/c black people beat up a white person...........

thats not a hate crime, didnt you get the memo? however its a hate crime when a white guy beats up a black guy.

hate crime is an oxymoron though, all crimes are hate crimes. they are all committed out of hate.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

they also made a big deal out of the all white jury... i laughed, the state sends out jury duty packets to people of every race... the white ones were the ONLY ONES THAT SHOWED UP

sharpton was also goin on about the defense lawyer... "he sat there in silence" ...and conveniently forgot to mention that the lawyer was a black guy

****ing hypocrites man. **** them

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar