More evil Pits: - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
More evil Pits:

FOXNews.com - Pit Bull Terriers Kill Owner in Florida - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2007, 06:55 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: More evil Pits:

O noes
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:13 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

She shouldn't have fed them and taken care of them. That crazy ***** deserved it. Such a bad owner...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

what the hell is redbone pit bull ive heard of rednose..:dunno:

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

I know their are some people on here that like Pits but it's just not a dog that can be trusted for a pet and I think that they need to set special laws for them

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

I don't know... I can't trust a news source that can't even name a breed of dog correctly. Out of all of the pitbull's I have played with and been around, even when I was at a vet, in a whole new territory where they would be at their highest aggression, I've yet to encounter one like so. My girlfriend's neighbor was attacked by one... but he provoked it to attack him. The dog was in an electrically fenced in yard... the kid walked in to play with it, the dog growled at the boy to keep him away (because pitbulls are VERY territorial dogs), the kid kicked it, and hince he was attacked. I can't stand stupidity that results from people soloing out a breed of dog because of stupidness. For a while it was the dobermans, then the rottweilers, now its pitbulls. When you take an animal to be a pet, remember, never was an animal to be tamed for a house. It happens that through generations they are tamed down, taken out of the wild, and has grown fond and used to humans. Any minute, any animal can turn on you. They don't know right from wrong, and when you provoke it, well, it's the same thing as a human. You provoke someone, you'll be in a fight in a minute. Seriously though, that article is the least informing article I have ever read in my life. Her son couldn't help... bull****. When I was at the vet clinic we had a rottweiler that was the meanest dog I've ever seen. You can easily retrain a dog, even when attacking you. Maybe the lady had dogfood on her face and said eat... I don't know, but I find it very very very odd how they can have this article, and almost no sources listed, and not a detailed story. Sorry for the rant, I love animals, and its retarded how they are bashing this dog as if you own a tiger.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:13 AM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Some breeds are naturally more aggressive than others. It is in their DNA whether they are a 10th generation pet or not. It is no different that the engrained "Hunter and Gatherer" instinct all males have. It is there no matter what.

Pits, Dobermans, Rotts, German Shepards...these are all breeds that are known for their aggressive abilities. Yes, you can make them tame, but, there is always that chance when the instinct kicks in whether provoked or not. Once that instinct kicks in, it is hard to break them of it later. This is the reason why retired police dogs are not just freely handed out to anyone.

Personally, I believe if you are going to own a dog of certain breeds, you should be forced to take a training/safety class to learn about that breed before you can own it and must present you certificate of completion before you can obtain that breed. Kind of like a hunter's safety course...only this would be a dog owners safety course.

Then, I also believe that if the dog does end up attacking someone, the owner should be held 100% responsible as if they themselves were the one that attacked the individual...and charged with all applicable charges whether it be assault or murder. This would place all responsibility on the owner so that they will really examine their choice of pet.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

/\ Actually the ENTIRE terrier breed is known for aggression and hyperactivity. You have to keep the dog VERY active. Ever mess with a Jack Russell?? Same breed characteristics..... Difference is, a Jack Russell usually weighs around 15 lbs, Pit Bulls(the generalization, not the breed, because A PIT BULL is not a breed, but an American Pit Bull Terrier is) are over twice that size.

Quote:
"Aggression in Rottweilers is associated with poor breeding, poor handling, lack of socialization, natural guarding tendencies, and abuse."
from wikipedia....

And the reason the police dogs aren't released to the public is because they are a trained weapon....... Thousands of dollars are spent training those dogs to react one way to each situation and to listen specifically to its owner/controller. Not because of the bread...... If the breed is so bad then why are they used to help the blind, trained as rescue dogs, aid handicapped people and so on?????? WTF kind of comment is that?

Those familiar with the breed consider well-bred and properly socialized Doberman Pinschers to be excellent pets and companions, suitable for families with other dog breeds, excellent with young children, and even cats. The modern Doberman Pinscher is well known as a loyal and devoted family member.

Quote:
Regardless of size a properly bred, socialized and trained dog will have the right mix of mental traits to defend its charge. It will have great courage, be able to withstand the mental stress of confrontation and have the good judgement to determine friend from foe.

A vicious dog of any breed should never be bred, Doberman or otherwise.
The first part of the quote was wiki commenting on the Doberman..... The second is the smartest comment ever made.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
natural guarding tendencies
:rollseyes:

That and being ****ing crazy.

Scary stuff.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Personally, I believe if you are going to own a dog of certain breeds, you should be forced to take a training/safety class to learn about that breed before you can own it and must present you certificate of completion before you can obtain that breed. Kind of like a hunter's safety course...only this would be a dog owners safety course.

Then, I also believe that if the dog does end up attacking someone, the owner should be held 100% responsible as if they themselves were the one that attacked the individual...and charged with all applicable charges whether it be assault or murder. This would place all responsibility on the owner so that they will really examine their choice of pet.
I agree with EVERYTHING you say right here..... People should HAVE to know what kind of dog they are getting, what characteristics they have, what kind of attention they require to keep them happy, and what situations you should avoid in order to prevent STUPID situations....... Although I trust my dogs quite a bit, I would still NEVER leave them in a room, unattended, with a newborn baby or child.... That's just asking for it. Also, people should always research the parents of the puppy(ies) they are getting. They give a large semblance of what the puppies might be like fully grown.......
Old 10-04-2007, 05:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
:rollseyes:

That and being ****ing crazy.
So we should wipe out Rotts now to huh?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
So we should wipe out Rotts now to huh?
Yes, and poodles.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

poodles are ****ing mean dude... holy ****
Old 10-05-2007, 08:28 AM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
And the reason the police dogs aren't released to the public is because they are a trained weapon....... Thousands of dollars are spent training those dogs to react one way to each situation and to listen specifically to its owner/controller. Not because of the bread...... If the breed is so bad then why are they used to help the blind, trained as rescue dogs, aid handicapped people and so on?????? WTF kind of comment is that?
I'm not saying the breed is bad, I'm saying they aren't used for police dogs because of their gentle traits. They are used because of their loyalty, strength, and ability to handle its business when needed.

As for the releasing, I know that is why they don't get offered out to the public. That part of my comment was to Cajun's statement that "You can easily retrain a dog, even when attacking you. ". It is not easy to retrain a dog to not attack once that is the way it knows.

As for the terriors, I had a wired hair terrior / chihuahua mix ankle biter...mean little sucker...but the level of danger from a terrior to a pit, rot, etc. is a lot less as the person's size increases.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #15
Road Trip!

that wa supposed to say restrain lol
Old 10-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
that wa supposed to say restrain lol
Ever been attacked by something like a shepard, rott, or even a boxer sized dog? It may not be quite as easy to restrain a large breed as you are thinking either. I know shepards are a ***** to get off you...
Old 10-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #17
Road Trip!

im talking about pits for attacking, they are not the size of a shep
Old 10-05-2007, 08:43 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

Miniature Pinscher's are mean as **** to, mine just attacked and killed a rather large rat in our back yard two days ago

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

My neighbor has a pit. It's pretty laid back and seems okay. I'm still awfully leary of it though because it's a ****ing animal. I don't think that it could kill me if it decided to snap, but it would probably be able to **** me up pretty good. What I really worry about, though, is his baby. He's got a ~1 year old kicking around the house that the dog would definitely be able maul to death. Hopefully she'll never accidentally do anything to set the dog off...

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #20
Road Trip!

the avg pitbull: 40 lbs
the avg shep: 88 lbs
Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 AM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
im talking about pits for attacking, they are not the size of a shep
Dude...you really need to work on your story telling then.

Your statement, in fact, sets the stage as if you are talking about a rott

Quote:
When I was at the vet clinic we had a rottweiler that was the meanest dog I've ever seen. You can easily restrain a dog, even when attacking you.
But, even a pit, if it is going nuts on you, it isn't going to just go away. It is going to take a couple of good shots to get it off you....so hopefully it doesn't get inside your reach.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #22
Road Trip!

i was quoting you who said sheps would be hard to pull off if attacking... yes they would, they pull grown men down easily, being they are double the size of a pitbull.

as for the restraining, there are several ways to grab a dog when its attacking you and it can't do a thing. you learn this working at a vet.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #23
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well, when a dog is going psycho on you, its a good thing that it will hold still for you to grab it in the right place...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Well, when a dog is going psycho on you, its a good thing that it will hold still for you to grab it in the right place...
That is the first rule of engagement. The dog must make sure that you are aware it is coming....let you position yourself accordingly...prepare your defense...and then attack.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #25
Road Trip!

asses...
Old 10-05-2007, 02:03 PM   #26
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydog View Post
Miniature Pinscher's are mean as **** to, mine just attacked and killed a rather large rat in our back yard two days ago
I had a mixed breed Minature Pinscher. We don't have it anymore because it was so aggressive. No way it could live with us in the house with our cats.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I'm not saying the breed is bad, I'm saying they aren't used for police dogs because of their gentle traits. They are used because of their loyalty, strength, and ability to handle its business when needed.

As for the releasing, I know that is why they don't get offered out to the public. That part of my comment was to Cajun's statement that "You can easily retrain a dog, even when attacking you. ". It is not easy to retrain a dog to not attack once that is the way it knows.

As for the terriors, I had a wired hair terrior / chihuahua mix ankle biter...mean little sucker...but the level of danger from a terrior to a pit, rot, etc. is a lot less as the person's size increases.

Gotcha, Gotcha, and agreed. Like I was saying, the threat from a JR terrier and a Chihuaha and like size animals, increasing exponentially with size.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
My neighbor has a pit. It's pretty laid back and seems okay. I'm still awfully leary of it though because it's a ****ing animal. I don't think that it could kill me if it decided to snap, but it would probably be able to **** me up pretty good. What I really worry about, though, is his baby. He's got a ~1 year old kicking around the house that the dog would definitely be able maul to death. Hopefully she'll never accidentally do anything to set the dog off...
Agreed also..... People need to realize that these are still ANIMALS. I would not any animal with any kind of threating power and/or size near children of any age. It's comparable to a loaded gun with no safety. Even though the parent/owner has taken precautions to not get the child hurt, if the child does by some chance(like they always do, finding trouble whereever they can lol) get a hold of that weapon, or grab the pit/terrier/shepherd/rott/etc. the wrong way, all it takes is once. I am an animal lover to the core, but human life is not worth the chance, especially a child who doesn't know any better. Plus, children should NEVER have to pay for the irresponsibility of an adult.

I've had one dog with a food aggression. I gave it one week(one week too long). It was a Rott/Chow mix that was more than likely inbred. As it was a mut from the pound, who knows it's history. That little mother ****er bit me once, I let it slide, it bit me again a few days later as I was feeding her by hand and I choke slammed the little bastard to the floor and stood over it, till it realize what was going on.. The next day it went back to the pound, and down it went.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Agreed also..... People need to realize that these are still ANIMALS. I would not any animal with any kind of threating power and/or size near children of any age. It's comparable to a loaded gun with no safety. Even though the parent/owner has taken precautions to not get the child hurt, if the child does by some chance(like they always do, finding trouble whereever they can lol) get a hold of that weapon, or grab the pit/terrier/shepherd/rott/etc. the wrong way, all it takes is once. I am an animal lover to the core, but human life is not worth the chance, especially a child who doesn't know any better. Plus, children should NEVER have to pay for the irresponsibility of an adult.

I've had one dog with a food aggression. I gave it one week(one week too long). It was a Rott/Chow mix that was more than likely inbred. As it was a mut from the pound, who knows it's history. That little mother ****er bit me once, I let it slide, it bit me again a few days later as I was feeding her by hand and I choke slammed the little bastard to the floor and stood over it, till it realize what was going on.. The next day it went back to the pound, and down it went.
Agreed. So let's kill all them ****ers.

Scary stuff.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar