No Christmas for my mustang. :( - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #36
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Sounds like you may have to trade the F250 for an SUV to keep the wifey happy. I traded my old F150 to buy my kids Mom a new F150. Then I traded her Expedition to buy my mustang. I liked my truck but I love my mustang.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 05:53 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: No Christmas for my mustang. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Haha! The F-250 is a great safe truck probably safer than any SUV out there. Just think how easy it is to get the stroller out of the back of an F-250.
Thats been my selling point but in all honesty I would feel like crap if I got something new to me to drive while my wife didnt get something new call me old school but my woman needs are above mine especially since she will be transporting our children the most!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #38
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco

Thats been my selling point but in all honesty I would feel like crap if I got something new to me to drive while my wife didnt get something new call me old school but my woman needs are above mine especially since she will be transporting our children the most!
In that case Ford invented ECO boost. I'd stick with the 3.5L Eco boost you will never know its a 6 especially when the turbo spools and it takes off. LOL.
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
In that case Ford invented ECO boost. I'd stick with the 3.5L Eco boost you will never know its a 6 especially when the turbo spools and it takes off. LOL.
I have hear from two sources that the V6 turbo works great unloaded but put a moderate load say 6K and its huffing hard to get moving, I will stick with my eights .
Old 12-19-2011, 07:31 PM   #40
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

I have hear from two sources that the V6 turbo works great unloaded but put a moderate load say 6K and its huffing hard to get moving, I will stick with my eights .
Yeah there are some disparities but to the average person its tough to tell. It's not an 8 but its close. I'm sure Ford is already working on the next generation of ECO boost.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

No christmas for me or my stang this year I can't afford to buy anything but next year will be better but getting or giving presents are not the most important thing being with family and loving each other is the most important thing in my book .merry christmas every one and happy new year.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

I hear ya ,most of us are on tight budgets
I plan on 1 mod per year for my Mach 1 , I've had it since new and doing it that way is a slow process ,but she's getting there ...
then I went and bought the v6 and I've done stuff to that ( couldn't leave it alone ,lol )
Old 12-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I will have our second kid by Christmas but trying to convince the wife again that a Mustang is a perfect family car for a family with two kids lol
I've got two sweet aftermarket baby seats in the back of mine! +20 horsepower!
JBillone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #44

The local theater is showing "A Christmas Story" Wednesday night. My kids have only seen it on TNT's 24 hour marathon so they'll be surprised by the parts that got cut for various reasons.
MCPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #45
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
It looks like my mustang is going to have a Christmas after all! A very late Christmas! So, at tax time I usually owe and this year is no different. But for some strange reason The Ice Queen (My Ex) just dropped $3,000 on me from her tax return! So after I pay off my taxes and my Old Navy store card. I'll have just under $2,000 left to blow on the mustang! I thought about wheels but I've been dying to see how it runs with the Boss Intake and Steeda CAI + tune. Yeah, I'm sure my mind is made up but I'll sit on the cash for about a week before I make my order.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar