LSU vs Alabama - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
LSU vs Alabama

Six years in a row now the SEC will walk away with a National Championship.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Honey badger takes what he wants!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #3

Region: Alabama
Roll Tide Roll.
Bama blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: LSU vs Alabama

I am excited to see this one!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Me too, it's going to be good

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
ROLL TIDE! Pop's went to Bama, pops pop went to Michigan. I went to community collage lol
Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
ROLL TIDE! Pop's went to Bama, pops pop went to Michigan. I went to community collage lol

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Six years in a row now the SEC will walk away with a National Championship.
Yeah too bad my team (Tenn) has been sucking
06greystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06greystang View Post
Yeah too bad my team (Tenn) has been sucking
It's been a rough few years to be a UT fan.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
I have a real bad feeling that Alabama is going to smoke the tigers. They are definitely not going to make the same mistakes again.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
I have a real bad feeling that Alabama is going to smoke the tigers. They are definitely not going to make the same mistakes again.
I hope so. Every down inside the opponent 50 should be four down territory.

Reddit
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I hope so. Every down inside the opponent 50 should be four down territory.
I hope LSU has their act together by the championship. I know they won't buy I can hope. Lol

Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #13
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

It will be different! I think if Georgia had played them earlier they could have won last night. It will be exciting to see if bama can shake off LSU.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
It will be different! I think if Georgia had played them earlier they could have won last night. It will be exciting to see if bama can shake off LSU.
If LSU plays like they did last night there won't be a chance for them at all. No first downs in the first half with less than ten yards offense, that's a joke.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

this game is going to be a waste. 9-6 last time in overtime. safe to say I will not be watching this game, and i predict one of the lowest televised crowds in a while. I hate rematched in games like this Ok St should be playing, not Alabama. You had your shot, sorry you lost. Because think of it this way. What good does it do when LSU wins again... nothing. Everyone will say what is being said now and that is. Well this happened already this season, we just wasted the biggest game of the season on this.

this is why Basketball is SOO much better. I was at the Ohio State Duke game, and the best part is, when we won, the duke fans and I looked at eachother shook hands and said good game, because we know that as long as you are in the top 64, your going to get the chance you deserve to EARN your National Championship. Not be Like alabama where your just given another shot at a rematch.

sorry to rant, but this is BS at its finest and proof why they need to go to a playoff.

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:23 AM   #16
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT View Post
this game is going to be a waste. 9-6 last time in overtime. safe to say I will not be watching this game, and i predict one of the lowest televised crowds in a while. I hate rematched in games like this Ok St should be playing, not Alabama. You had your shot, sorry you lost. Because think of it this way. What good does it do when LSU wins again... nothing. Everyone will say what is being said now and that is. Well this happened already this season, we just wasted the biggest game of the season on this.

this is why Basketball is SOO much better. I was at the Ohio State Duke game, and the best part is, when we won, the duke fans and I looked at eachother shook hands and said good game, because we know that as long as you are in the top 64, your going to get the chance you deserve to EARN your National Championship. Not be Like alabama where your just given another shot at a rematch.

sorry to rant, but this is BS at its finest and proof why they need to go to a playoff.
Oklahoma St had their shot too. They controlled their destiny but couldn't manage to beat a 6-6 27 point underdog Iowa State.

What if Alabama wins? You completely left that logic out of your whole statement. Did you even watch the original game or did you just look at the score like the rest of the moaners did? Alabama had an INT on the 1 yard like and multiple missed field goals. That game was not a domination by LSU by any stretch.

Sorry you get to see the two best teams in the land play each other again. Both LSU and Alabama would be favored against Oklahoma State and that right there says it all.

Reddit
Old 12-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

no i watched the game from beginning to end. I guess im just upset that 2 teams that have already played are playing again, its not as exciting the second time around, and honestly I just dont see the logic in setting it up that way either.

i guess i started to steer this topic in a different direction because it goes back to my basis where they need to adapt a playoff system, even if it is like ESPN was talking about where it is only 6 teams. Even then it gives the chances to settle who is really the best team, and at the same time we wont have to hear the bellyaching of the teams like boise when they go undefeated. Lets just say I am glad Houston finally lost so we wouldnt have to hear that BS all over again, even though their strength of schedule was piss poor, and included such teams as St Agnus School for the Blind.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:02 AM   #18
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
no i watched the game from beginning to end. I guess im just upset that 2 teams that have already played are playing again, its not as exciting the second time around, and honestly I just dont see the logic in setting it up that way either.

i guess i started to steer this topic in a different direction because it goes back to my basis where they need to adapt a playoff system, even if it is like ESPN was talking about where it is only 6 teams. Even then it gives the chances to settle who is really the best team, and at the same time we wont have to hear the bellyaching of the teams like boise when they go undefeated. Lets just say I am glad Houston finally lost so we wouldnt have to hear that BS all over again, even though their strength of schedule was piss poor, and included such teams as St Agnus School for the Blind.
I agree we need a playoff system. In 2008 the SEC proposed one but every other conference shot it down. They have no one but themselves to thank for their conferences current situation.

At least OK State can say what if instead of actually being embarrassed in the NC game by LSU.

Reddit
Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I with Brent here. I'm tired of hearing "they had their chance", and "I don't want to see another 9-6 game...". Every other team in the nation had their chance too and lost to someone. If there was a single undefeated team left outside of LSU, I'd say give them the nod over Bama. Fact is... there isn't. I understand Iowa State has one of the great teams in college football... but I still don't think a loss to them quite compares to not only taking LSU to overtime, but really out playing them for the majority of the game.

As far as the "boring" argument, I honestly fail to see how a game in which the difference in score was never greater than a single touchdown could be boring, but I guess that's just personal opinion. It's probably a lot less boring than watching LSU spank Oklahoma State by 30+ points though...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I with Brent here. I'm tired of hearing "they had their chance", and "I don't want to see another 9-6 game...". Every other team in the nation had their chance too and lost to someone. If there was a single undefeated team left outside of LSU, I'd say give them the nod over Bama. Fact is... there isn't. I understand Iowa State has one of the great teams in college football... but I still don't think a loss to them quite compares to not only taking LSU to overtime, but really out playing them for the majority of the game.

As far as the "boring" argument, I honestly fail to see how a game in which the difference in score was never greater than a single touchdown could be boring, but I guess that's just personal opinion. It's probably a lot less boring than watching LSU spank Oklahoma State by 30+ points though...
so your telling me that had houston not lost. you would have wanted an LSU vs HOUSTON NCG? now the topic has drifted a little out of understandable.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

LSU and Bama would be favored over every other team in the land, by more then one score! Who is this better team that no ones ever herd of?

I agree with a play off system, but we don't have that yet so what if flies had machine guns????
Old 12-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LSU and Bama would be favored over every other team in the land, by more then one score! Who is this better team that no ones ever herd of?

I agree with a play off system, but we don't have that yet so what if flies had machine guns????
again I laugh when the conversation gets completely unrealistic (flies... machine guns... stay on topic here champ). All I am saying is that I believe Ok St deserves a chance at LSU because Bama has already lost.

when you look at OS they lost in a double overtime yes. but to a 6.6 team who also recently only lost by 7 to #1 KSU in the 4th quarter. Iowa state was a strong team that had some ****ty losses. So to say they are weak is an understatement.

OSU also just WORKED Oklahoma by 34 points!

OSU played 4 ranked teams this year 3 within the top 14

avg strength is a 13.5 ranking

Alabama played 5 but had only two within the top 13!, one within the top 12.

avg strength is a 14.8 ranking

strength of schedule goes hands down to OSU and when you look at it in plain text;

LSU beat Alabama

Neither Alabama nor OSU played eachother

Neither OSU nor LSU played eachother

Should be LSU OSU in the Championship game... plain and simple

Old 12-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:

Oklahoma St had their shot too. They controlled their destiny but couldn't manage to beat a 6-6 27 point underdog Iowa State.

What if Alabama wins? You completely left that logic out of your whole statement. Did you even watch the original game or did you just look at the score like the rest of the moaners did? Alabama had an INT on the 1 yard like and multiple missed field goals. That game was not a domination by LSU by any stretch.

Sorry you get to see the two best teams in the land play each other again. Both LSU and Alabama would be favored against Oklahoma State and that right there says it all.
I agree with Brent. I hate LSU and BAMA isn't my fav (thanks for taking out our QB! ) but I'd like to see the fame and have BAMA win. It's a good game, good match up and would be a great game to watch.

and basketball is so NOT better than football.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

again I laugh when the conversation gets completely unrealistic (flies... machine guns... stay on topic here champ). All I am saying is that I believe Ok St deserves a chance at LSU because Bama has already lost.

when you look at OS they lost in a double overtime yes. but to a 6.6 team who also recently only lost by 7 to #1 KSU in the 4th quarter. Iowa state was a strong team that had some ****ty losses. So to say they are weak is an understatement.

OSU also just WORKED Oklahoma by 34 points!

OSU played 4 ranked teams this year 3 within the top 14

avg strength is a 13.5 ranking

Alabama played 5 but had only two within the top 13!, one within the top 12.

avg strength is a 14.8 ranking

strength of schedule goes hands down to OSU and when you look at it in plain text;

LSU beat Alabama

Neither Alabama nor OSU played eachother

Neither OSU nor LSU played eachother

Should be LSU OSU in the Championship game... plain and simple
Blah blah blah.. What I Meant is it's all what if.. BAMA and LSU are the best two teams, period. Facts are LSU and BAMA would be 14+ point favorites against OSU.. OSU lost to who???? Lmfao OSU v LSU would be a BLOW OUT. OSU v BAMA would be a BLOW OUT 'champ'. Who wants to watch a blow out? Not me. I'd rather watch the #1 and #2 teams in country.

At the end of the day who's playing for the title.. Champ?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Blah blah blah.. What I Meant is it's all what if.. BAMA and LSU are the best two teams, period. Facts are LSU and BAMA would be 14+ point favorites against OSU.. OSU lost to who???? Lmfao OSU v LSU would be a BLOW OUT. OSU v BAMA would be a BLOW OUT 'champ'. Who wants to watch a blow out? Not me. I'd rather watch the #1 and #2 teams in country.

At the end of the day who's playing for the title.. Champ?
so 18 points... out of 1400 constitutes your ability to measure a blowout... thats whats funny. You have no way of telling what could be a blowout for OSU, but I can tell you plain and simple... win column, loss column, ALABAMA LOST to LSU... this is now just turning into a makeup game. and nothing more. the fact that OSU was told before their game... your playing for the Big 12 and nothing more, you arent making it to the NCG was bull**** and you know it. They still went out and walked all over oklahoma.

this is just another reason why we need a playoff system. because then this argument wouldnt be held now would it. Enough said. I am over this topic because there are truths to both sides of the story, and in this case, you have yours, I have mine. Back to mustangs where everyone is happy. Goodnight

Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

so 18 points... out of 1400 constitutes your ability to measure a blowout... thats whats funny. You have no way of telling what could be a blowout for OSU, but I can tell you plain and simple... win column, loss column, ALABAMA LOST to LSU... this is now just turning into a makeup game. and nothing more. the fact that OSU was told before their game... your playing for the Big 12 and nothing more, you arent making it to the NCG was bull**** and you know it. They still went out and walked all over oklahoma.

this is just another reason why we need a playoff system. because then this argument wouldnt be held now would it. Enough said. I am over this topic because there are truths to both sides of the story, and in this case, you have yours, I have mine. Back to mustangs where everyone is happy. Goodnight
Hey back to reality.. There is no playoff, kind of like flies and machine guns..
BAMA lost to LSU, not Iowa lmmfao.

So again, at the end of the day the BEST two teams are playing for the title. IMO you'd have a better chance making a case for an unbeaten team.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

This argument will NEVER end unless a couple of things happen:

1. If OK State loses to Stanford, the discussion will likely be closed, regardless of what happens in the NC game.
2. If Alabama beats LSU by a substantial margin to show their previous loss was a fluke.

If neither of the above happen, this will turn into a big "What if" discussion with no end in sight. However, here's a thought: What if OK State beats Stanford by a substantial margin & Alabama just barely edges out a close win over LSU? Will there be the possibility of two national champions? Similar to the LSU/USC dispute (in 2004, I believe).
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

haters gonna hate

i still think were gonna take bama considering the superdome will be pretty close to a home game and les miles isnt gonna play it so close to the vest this time with the play calling. and even tho we only had 10 yards on offense the 1st quarter of the georgia game, we still ended up winning by 32 with 42 unanswered points and over 200 rushing yards against one of the best run defenses in the nation. and thats how lsu is built to play, just keep pounding the ball while your defense and special teams take care of the rest.

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1

It's been a rough few years to be a UT fan.
I hear that
06greystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
haters gonna hate

i still think were gonna take bama considering the superdome will be pretty close to a home game and les miles isnt gonna play it so close to the vest this time with the play calling. and even tho we only had 10 yards on offense the 1st quarter of the georgia game, we still ended up winning by 32 with 42 unanswered points and over 200 rushing yards against one of the best run defenses in the nation. and thats how lsu is built to play, just keep pounding the ball while your defense and special teams take care of the rest.
Yeah but Alabamas defense is no joke and doesn't get beat down that easily. Their first game was proof of that. With no passing game in the mix Alabama will probably shut us down big time this go round.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
Yeah but Alabamas defense is no joke and doesn't get beat down that easily. Their first game was proof of that. With no passing game in the mix Alabama will probably shut us down big time this go round.
yea but we proved the 1st time were able to so im not worried

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
If you wreck and kill yourself trying to jerk off on the way to her house I will put it all over the internet.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #32
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718 View Post
yea but we proved the 1st time were able to so im not worried
That is bold.

Reddit
Old 12-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That is bold.
lol its true tho jefferson was able to move the ball somewhat effectively. more effectively than against georgia. thats what i meant by that comment. he was able to get it going more than lee was able to

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:
Old 12-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #34
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercrazy718 View Post
lol its true tho jefferson was able to move the ball somewhat effectively. more effectively than against georgia. thats what i meant by that comment. he was able to get it going more than lee was able to
Yea he passed for 37 more yards and ran for 48 more. A grand total of 67 yards passing and 45 yards rushing against Alabama. Technically, that is more effective lol.

If you aren't worried about Alabama beating LSU you are kidding yourself, considering everyone is aware that because of our inability to kick a field goal and an INT on the 1 yard line you won the game.

Reddit
Old 12-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yea he passed for 37 more yards and ran for 48 more. A grand total of 67 yards passing and 45 yards rushing against Alabama. Technically, that is more effective lol.

If you aren't worried about Alabama beating LSU you are kidding yourself, considering everyone is aware that because of our inability to kick a field goal and an INT on the 1 yard line you won the game.
im worried but i dont think its gonna happen. we have more things going our way this time than the last meeting. but honestly the way weve been playing i dont believe alabama will beat us. they can beat us, i just dont think itll happen this time. and god if they do and the AP gives us the title anyways i will be so pissed. well be no better than god damn USC if that happens lol

2008 V6
204 RWHP
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
alabama