Fitness Thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Fitness Thread

Apparently there are several people on here that are interested in keeping heathy, building muscle, toning up, or something of that nature... So I figured why not start a thread dedicated to it....

Post what you like but I'll put this up as our routine...

5 sets on each machine going up in weight and last 3 sets do as many as possible... On 3rd set peak out on weight and start moving back down

Sunday: Bicepts, back, abs, forearms
Monday: Cardio 40 mins(soon to move up to 45 minutes) on stationary bike, atleast 10 miles and/or burn over 275 cal(I know the machine is off). But I really go by is keep my heart rate over 157 bpm for 35 min of the workout(I'm 26, so that's about where I burn the most fat)

Tuesday: cardio as well same as above(Brandy has class late and we don't have time to work out)

Wednesday: LEG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday: Delts, tris, shoulders, chest

Friday: Day off

Saturday: Cardio

I started at about 27 percent body fat at 207 lbs. and have been working out 5 weeks and am down to 199 lbs. and have dropped substantial excess fat. Probably going to check my body fat percentage again tonight to see why I'm not dropping more weight(hopefullly gaining muscle).

I am taking whey protein with amino acids(cheap stuff for now) and going to move to the good stuff when this runs out. Also taking, multivitamins(centrum), NO fast food, and maybe one soda(real one) every few days. Atleast a half gallon of water a day is a must.......

So what are you guys doing out there to drop the weight from last year?
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: Fitness Thread

i work with a trainer 4x a week.....usually 2 hour work outs. i'm down 30lbs and about 6 inches on my waist

i'll post a more detailed workout when i get some more time

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I was doing a lot of weight lifting, not heavy weights, just a lot of reps with about 60-70% of my max. Now though, I am focusing exclusively on my running and martial arts (about 6 hours of that a week).

I used to be in really good running shape when I was 14-17, but since then I quit doing it until just the last 6 months. Then I was only focusing on a mile, but now with going to basic training here pretty soon, I've been focusing on a mile and a half since that is the focus of graduation...and it sucks. I used to be able to run the mile in under 6 minutes with no problems. Now, I can barely do it in 8 minutes and my mile and a half is about 15 minutes.

The minimum to graduate is a mile and a half in 11:57. To graduate as the best (Warhawk), it needs to be in under 8:55. I had really had my heart set on this until I started training at a mile and a half. Now I'm pretty disappointed. I want a minimum of being able to the 11:57 before I go in, but I'll still half to shave off 2 full minutes before I go. I'm pretty irritated with myself because I used to be a really good runner and can't seem to get it back.

As for diet, lots of water, milk, and fruit juice. I eat pretty healthy but I need to improve my meal plan. IE: I only eat twice per day. I need to be eating 3 times a day and having 2 snacks according to my activity level.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I tried working out once.

It didn't work out.... get it?

haha

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

sunday- chest/triceps/abs
monday- back/biceps/abs
tuesday- shoulders/traps/abs
wednesday- off
thursday- legs/abs
friday- abs
saturday- abs

i am down from 15% body fat to 6% in 2 yrs..........
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

monday - chest/tris

benchpress (dumbells), incline, decline, flies, tricep extensions, etc.

wednesday - back/bis

curls standing, curls sitting, flies, rows, etc.

fridays - shoulders/legs

works for me *shrug*

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

12oz curls. Wooptey-woop, mutha****a.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
12oz curls. Wooptey-woop, mutha****a.
FTW!!!

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Drinking beer...And on occasion, I go so far as to drink light beer; That's about the extent of my working out...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to topless67 Send a message via Yahoo to topless67

Bullitt you are wonderful!

For all your fitness fanatics....there's a sweet workout tracker on bodybuilding.com. I like it because I work out on a 5 day split, but I don't work the same muscle groups on the same day every week, nor do I do the exact same exercises for that muscle group each week....so it helps keep track.

A sample week for me:

Monday: back- pull-ups, lat pull downs, bent over dumbell row, seated machine row, hyperextensions; for cardio 30 mins on treadmill running

Tuesday: shoulders- seated dumbell shoulder press, dumbell upright row, dumbell front raises & dumbell lateral raises; 30 mins on treadmill

Wednesday: legs- wide leg squat, lunges, stiff legged deadlift, thigh ab & adductor, calf raise; 30 mins on Elliptical (legs too sore to run- tried it before was sore for a week)

Thursday: none, work 9 hrs then have class till late

Friday: Chest- bench press, incline bench press, cable flies, push-up on an incline to failure; cardio 30 mins on treadmill

Saturday: Arms (biceps, triceps)- dumbell Hammer curls, Skull Crushers, EZ bar curls, dips, cable curls (alt reverse grips for some forearm work) and cable pull downs; cardio 30 mins on treadmill

Sunday: already lifted 5 days, only cardio- 30 mins treadmill, 15 rower, 15 stair stepper

I usually do 4 sets of every exercise & vary from 8-15 reps depending on if is something I lift more heavy or reg weight. I also do at least 2 ab exercises with every workout. I stretch only when I feel tight....I really should make more time for it. I supplement with a women's daily multivitamin and Whey protein. I try to keep my diet @ 1500kcals/day, 45% carbs, 30% protein, 25% fat.
topless67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM   #11

Region: Illinois

hey DarkShadow, dont worry about not making the time, when i went into basic training i never ran, i wasnt even that good of a long distance runner in highschool, but you run almost every day there, and it'll work you up. I was running the mile and a half in nine and a half minutes, getting close to the thunderbolt level
Old 10-25-2007, 10:26 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

darkshadow, i'd just run and build up to going 6 days/ week. Do a slower paced longer run some days etc...i'm sure you know about scheduling. just do what you can before basic and dont worry about it.

I know what you mean about being in great shape back in the day. I used to run a ton in high school. Got my mile time to 5:04 my senior year and i'm afraid that's the best it will ever be ...ran 3 in 17:12. Wow..i'm getting inspired to start again..i still run for soccer, but not nearly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

You gain running speed and endurance a whole lot slower than you loose it.

When I'm not curling 12oz.ers I try to hit the elliptical for 30 minutes a day. Running is pretty rough on my knees and ankles.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

this is what i need to start doing. i really need to tone and tighten up. i don't really want to bulk up though, i want to stay lean(ish)
Old 10-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
Drinking beer...And on occasion, I go so far as to drink light beer; That's about the extent of my working out...
12 oz curls for me as well...only time I touch the diet beer is when that is all the person offering me the beer has...

Every once in a while I will go for the heavy lifting and try some 22 oz curls...but I don't want to bulk up too fast so I don't hit those as often.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
You gain running speed and endurance a whole lot slower than you loose it.

When I'm not curling 12oz.ers I try to hit the elliptical for 30 minutes a day. Running is pretty rough on my knees and ankles.
Agreed, I just can't do it, my knees feel like powder after I run for more than 20 min.... And they almost always get swollen after I run. I think I get my weak knees from my dad, he had the same problem when he was in the military.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by topless67 View Post

For all your fitness fanatics....there's a sweet workout tracker on bodybuilding.com. I like it because I work out on a 5 day split, but I don't work the same muscle groups on the same day every week, nor do I do the exact same exercises for that muscle group each week....so it helps keep track.
I'll have to check that out on bodybuilding.com.. I've been meaning to stop by over there and see what is working best for everyone...

I just want to be the typical big mofo that you don't want to **** with... I'm going to consider some sort of fight training when funding allows.

I'm noticing that some of you guys work the same muscles days in a row... I have ALWAYS heard that working the same muscles two days in a row is bad for them and won't give them proper time to heal up... Maybe I need to start doing more research?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topless67 View Post
hehe, I feel special now.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse_dude27 View Post
hey DarkShadow, dont worry about not making the time, when i went into basic training i never ran, i wasnt even that good of a long distance runner in highschool, but you run almost every day there, and it'll work you up. I was running the mile and a half in nine and a half minutes, getting close to the thunderbolt level
Thanks for the encouragement, that makes me feel a lot better. It's just that when I was first looking at the requirements, I was thinking, the Warhawk wouldn't be a huge deal, based off what I USED to be able to do. I can already do the push ups, sit ups, and chin ups, but the running is waaayyyy off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF View Post
darkshadow, i'd just run and build up to going 6 days/ week. Do a slower paced longer run some days etc...i'm sure you know about scheduling. just do what you can before basic and dont worry about it.

I know what you mean about being in great shape back in the day. I used to run a ton in high school. Got my mile time to 5:04 my senior year and i'm afraid that's the best it will ever be ...ran 3 in 17:12. Wow..i'm getting inspired to start again..i still run for soccer, but not nearly enough.
That 3 mile is EXTREMELY impressive. When I was running I did a short period of 3 mile training and could only get about 25-28 mins on average. Not sure what my all time best mile was because the only time it was ever timed was on a treadmill and it would only go 10mph so Viola, 6 minutes I might have been able to do a 5:30 if I completley exhausted myself. Now I sound like I'm reliving high school football glory days
Old 10-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

I run 2 miles a day (well I did till my Doc said u run hard and u wont have a leg to run on) but now i am in need to get back into a work out. I was in sports in HS, then the FD i worked out a few but now I am working 40+hrs (suck *** pay so i need OT) and then the time off I am out of town to see my Gfand then she is not into working out (she is like 5'4" 100 ish Lb's does not see the need to work out i am 6'4" 185 (maybe 190 ish now) but I need to get my upperbody in to gear, and i use a book called Firefighter work out but how in the hell do you guys keep it in ur head to work out.. btw when i did run it was under 13 min miles due to when i hope to go into the acadamy for PD its 10 miles a day.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Haven't been to the gym in a bit, but I've been on that South Beach diet and I've already lost 15 pounds. So that's a plus. I gotta get back though so I can lose it even quicker and things will turn out nicer with the diet.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Here's my workout tips

REMOVING CLOTHES
With partner's consent... 12 calories
Without partner's consent... 187 calories

UNHOOKING BRA
Using two calm hands... 7 calories
Using one trembling hand... 36 calories

GETTING INTO BED
Lifting partner... 1.5 calories
Dragging partner along floor... 16 calories
Using skateboard... 3 calories

ACHIEVING ERECTIONS
For normal healthy man... 2.5 calories
Losing erection... 14 calories
Searching for it... 115 calories

PUTTING ON CONDOM
With erection... 1.5 calories
Without erection... 300 calories

POSSIBLE INTERCOURSE SIDE EFFECTS
Bouncing... 7 calories
Sliding around... 9 calories
Serious skidding... 12 calories
Whiplash... 27 calories

ORGASM
Real... 27 calories
Faked... 160 calories

ORGASMIC INTENSITY SCALE
Shoes flew off... 35 calories
Expression didn't change... 0.5 calories
Orchestra swelled... 6 calories
Birds sang:
Large birds... 7 calories
Small birds... 3 calories
Earth moved... 30 calories

PULLING OUT
After orgasm... 0.5 calories
A few moments before orgasm... 500 calories

PENIS ENVY
For woman... 3 calories
For men... 72 calories

GUILT
Banging your boss for a promotion... 30 calories
Sex during a 'sickie'... 10 calories
Bonking each other with parents in other room... 7 calories
Putting it on your expense account... 9 calories

AGGRAVATION
Partner keeps showing plant... 5 calories
Partner insists on dog cuddling during foreplay... 14 calories
Partner just visited bathroom for 7th time... 10 calories
Partner is taking phone calls... 7 calories
Partner is making phone calls... 40 calories

GETTING CAUGHT
By partner's spouse... 60 calories
By your spouse... 100 calories
Trying to explain... 55 calories
Trying to remain calm... 100 calories
Leaping out of bed... 75 calories
Getting dressed in one motion... 500 calories

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar