Shahrum's 1999 V6 Invader Mustang *DUW* - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2003, 01:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to Shahrum
Shahrum's 1999 V6 Invader Mustang *DUW*

Welcome to my official car page lol. I'll keep updated pics of the ride here as well as descriptions detailing what was done to the car in each pic! This will be underconstruction constantly, so if you have any questions, please PM or email me Thanks.

2003 Shogun: Invader body kit painted to match Installed by your's truly and my stepdad. In addition to the bumper, I've also had custom tags ordered ("NoLim1t"), and have installed fog lamps.

A side shot. 35% tint has been applied to both driver and passenger windows (VA state legal) and 20% to the rear. The body kit included side skirts that I have yet to install. The decal on the door is for Magnaflow, the brand of exhaust system my stepdad and I installed. You'll also notice the hidious stock 15" wheels!! I'm going to have those replaced with nice 17" chrome ones once the winter is gone.

A shot from the rear, you'll notice the Invader rear bumper and the Shogun spoiler. After being shown 1000's of Honda Civics with that same spoiler, I've been convinced to go after a new one. I'm planning on either putting a Saleen S281 or Black Widow 2 spoiler on the car at the same time I put on the side skirts.

A shot from the rear. 3.8 emblem and Mustang decal along the rear bumper.

Here you can see my exhaust tips better. The system uses 2.5 inch piping with two stainless steel Magnaflow XL mufflers. The tips are dual DTM exhaust tips.

NEW! V6stangs.com decals in red!

Down firing sub enclosure with 2x 10" Sony P5 subs. The box was taken from a demo vehicle at a local sound store that did my audio install. I'm going to have them build on to the box soon that way it will be more flush in the trunk. Otherwise, the subs sound outstanding! I have also put sound deadening material (those black pieces) which are basically the same as Dynamat on the trunk and along all rattling body panels.

Power!!! mmmmm yummy!!!

The interior has had quite a bit of work to it. The first things done were the Eurolite/Ractive Blue EL gauges, then the Streetglow Red EL pedals (not shown). After that I begun painting. I also ordered UPR's automatic shift knob and installed a shift boot. The interior has changed since this picture was taken. The bezel arround the shifter has been restored to black (I had oversprayed before and I was waiting on a replacement) and I have replaced the boot with an authentic leather boot, and not cheap vinyl look-a-likes. I plan on getting real racing seats soon and getting MGW's new auto gripper shift knob.

Here's an updated shot of the interior that I took on X-Mas day 2003. My parents bought me the new MGW auto-gripper and also a genuine leather boot, no more cheap immitation stuff!! As you can see, I also replaced the part that I had painted red (the shifter bezel) in the previous photo. I think it looks much better this way.
Shahrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2003, 02:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

:no:

1999 V6 5-speed
14.6 @ 95 w/ 2.22 60'
Wrecked
stangin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 02:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangin99
:no:
lol I guess nuff said heh 8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2003, 02:25 PM   #4
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
Your next mod needs to be

Wheels!!!!

Rolling on 15's is a damn shame with all the money and effort you've put into your car
Old 11-03-2003, 02:29 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
All it needs is some nice rims.....and S281 Spoiler look really nice
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 02:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Seriously man. I want the wheels real bad. I just don't want them to get damaged during the winter. So I'm going to hold off and get them in March once I get my tax return. In the mean time, I have from now till then to get body work done and work on the sound system and computer that I'm going to put into my car. Yes... computer I have it already built, it's about the size of a PS2. Just gotta get the LCD, and then I'll have mp3s, gps, games, and DVDs (divx, etc) in my car yay w00t w00t
Old 11-03-2003, 03:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
paint look good...need rims, those tips just gotta go asap...the rear looks too crowded with parts...all and all a work in progress
Autobadges.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 03:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eval00
paint look good...need rims, those tips just gotta go asap...the rear looks too crowded with parts...all and all a work in progress
Don't like the tips huh? Here's a better shot during the daytime. It's an old pic, but shows the tips from the rear.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:16 PM   #9
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
yeah im not a huge fan of the tips either. Like you said, that spoilers on a million and 1 hondas... but at least youre getting rid of it. Maybe throw the stock one on in the meantime ??? lol

Looks good man, just need a lil bit more done to it. I might suggest some black honeycomb mesh stuff in your front bumper that matches whats in your grill. That would look really clean.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:45 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
I like it, and i am also getting a computer for my car.. ur not the only one. hahaha
Old 11-03-2003, 07:17 PM   #11
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Yo man, that front bumper is growing on me. It needs a intercoler in there though.

I say go with the S-281 Wing and the '01 Cobra hood. Plus, might wanna think about Bullitt side scoops. Give it a new clean look. And get them side skirts on.

As far as the tips, might wanna ask your step-dad about taking the rear bumper off and cutting and sanding down the parts where the exhaust tips are supposed to sit, and do a center style exhaust with two 2.5" rolled tips. I think that would look good.

Get some racing seat and get them in either black and red or grey or red. And go ahead and get the rear bench to match em. Or, fiberglass the subs in and take the bench out.

Now, hurry up with that design for that Ford Chick. I want her on my rear window.

Plus, it's always great to see someone do something different. You get tired of the Stangs with Cobra Rs and a cowl hood.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
yeah im not a huge fan of the tips either. Like you said, that spoilers on a million and 1 hondas... but at least youre getting rid of it. Maybe throw the stock one on in the meantime ??? lol

Looks good man, just need a lil bit more done to it. I might suggest some black honeycomb mesh stuff in your front bumper that matches whats in your grill. That would look really clean.
I would, except my car came without a spoiler. How sad!! Anyways, you're right about the mesh. I bought real cheap thin stuff and it's falling apart. I plan on redoing that as well. That will go along with the body work.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:07 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
hey man, whats the deal with the ford chick?? i want one, where can i get one???
Old 11-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
man, a saleen s281 spoiler will make your car look 100x better
Old 11-04-2003, 07:02 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to DropTop_Stang
you can get the ford chick on ebay
the interior paint looks really good.
I hate the spoiler.
Like the computer Idea, about to hook up my laptop to a screen I'm gonna buy and mount.
Recarpet the sub enclosure to the same color.
Why is one upside down?
How's the sony amp and subs doing? I've had some **** with mine. I have the EXACT same amp/sub combo as you.
Also, why a "car page" thing here? Why not cardomains or something?
DropTop_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTop_Stang
you can get the ford chick on ebay
the interior paint looks really good.
I hate the spoiler.
Like the computer Idea, about to hook up my laptop to a screen I'm gonna buy and mount.
Recarpet the sub enclosure to the same color.
Why is one upside down?
How's the sony amp and subs doing? I've had some **** with mine. I have the EXACT same amp/sub combo as you.
Also, why a "car page" thing here? Why not cardomains or something?
Yeah, I need to get the box recarpetted, and at the same time, I'm going to have the sides expanded so that it fits flush in the trunk. The boxes faces downwards so that the subs pound in an up-and-down motion. This results in the maximum ammount of bass. Of course, you lose the visual appeal, but then again, you gain more bass and it looks hidden so it's not obvious that you have subs. My Sony gear has been working wonderfully, despite all of the negative things that you hear about Sony. I gotta hand it to my installers tho. They did a great job of tuning everything, and if I ever need anything handled, they take a look at it and fix it up for me. Fortunately, I've never had to call upon those free services
Old 11-04-2003, 07:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, and I wanted to be different, so that's why I stayed away from CarDomains. Plus I don't want them tagging my photos 8)
Old 11-04-2003, 08:00 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to DropTop_Stang
kewl. Maybe we should make this a regular thing. But in a seperate forum if so. People allready have trouble getting their photoshops done.
DropTop_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 08:15 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTop_Stang
kewl. Maybe we should make this a regular thing. But in a seperate forum if so. People allready have trouble getting their photoshops done.
i believe its in the works :thumb2:
Old 11-09-2003, 12:36 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
that car looks like a spaceship...but everytime i look at it i seem to like it more
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:50 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

hehe ty man 8)
Old 11-24-2003, 11:11 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Only thing about having one look like that is you need the Warp Drive under the hood to go with it, "Beam me up Scottie".
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 08:04 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
that invader kit looks intimidating on a stang... i always laugh when i see it on a civic lol

behold the power of stang!
Old 11-26-2003, 10:53 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
just reverse for me....I think the person must have had a Honda at some point and instead of selling his old after market items, he installs them on the mustang...

But its your to do with, no reason it should be like everyone else...

I do agree you do need some differant rims to go on there after adding some bodykit pieces, replicas or sumthing...
Old 11-29-2003, 04:41 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

get some cobra rims and remove the spoiler... it would even look sweet w/o a wing at all (or atleast better than the one you've got)

very sweet car though, i like the body kit

Garaged:
1990 Ford Mustang GT
5.0L V8
4-Speed Automatic Overdrive
ItWouldAppearSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 07:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man. Im planning on getting the rims in about feb, once my tax return comes through. Chrome 17" Yeah... I donno... without the spoiler the car definately seems to be missing something, so I'm trying to find a low profile spoiler, which is why I'm considering either the Black Widow or the S281.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:11 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Look at our sponsor Cross Roads Direct at his Chrome Bullitts in 9" and 10.5 in 17s and 9" an 10" in 18" rims. Have you thought about an 03 Cobra spoiler for it?
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:12 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

I am going to get two 10.5X17s to match my stock ones from him to go on the rear of my GT.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:19 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Can you post picks of what an 03 cobra spoiler looks like? I don't think I've seen one before... And do you know how much Cross Roads Cirect is selling the 17x9 chromes for?
Old 11-29-2003, 11:19 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Home WRBULLITTCHR
MUSTANG CHROME DEEP DISH BULLITT WHEELS
Price: $235.00

DESCRIPTION: This is an Awesome 18x9" (Also Available in 18x10, 17X8, 17X9 & 17X10.5) Mustang Bullitt

The prices vary some depending on the different sizes, I think 235 is the right price for 17X9, not sure though.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:32 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

http://www.stangnet.com/2003cobramustang/indexpage1.htm There are a bunch of thumbnails here of 03 Cobras, just click on them to enlarge, you should be able to get an idea of what the rear spoiler is like.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:32 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
damn, i want bullitt rims, but i don't care for chrome
Old 11-30-2003, 11:54 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

darkling, he has the ones like mine too, in the same sizes as the chrome for a lot less, I am getting two of the 17X10.5 like mine from him in January.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:28 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I donno... what do you all think would look better with my body kit... cobra rims or bullit rims?
Old 12-10-2003, 08:54 PM   #35
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom
Borla dual tips. That's what it needs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar