Idiots R- US - Page 30 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #1016
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
<a href="
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #1017
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Idiots R- US

local civic as well. Street car none the less. They are always out at track and love when some V8 pulls talking ****. 99% time V8 gets crushed.



---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------




I live in Ft hood area spend all my time racing in SAR though. A lot these guys live in Killeen area or Austin area. In Fort Worth area you should know the car MINIVETTE?
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #1018
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
local civic as well. Street car none the less. They are always out at track and love when some V8 pulls talking ****. 99% time V8 gets crushed.

<a href="
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #1019
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict

Nope haven't heard of it. Haha
Its just a black miata. You will know if you run into it. You'll see its rear real fast. LOL. LS swap Turbo.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Trailblazer SS has:
TVS 2300
Built LS2
Auto Stall (Don't know details...)
16+ psi Boost
RWD
93 Octane
800+ rwhp
Runs 10.6's @ 129-130mph
2 Passengers (300lbs total)

White Turbo Camaro SS 5th Gen Has:
Stock LS3
76mm Turbo
10psi
680+rwhp
6 speed
93 + Meth
1 Passenger (120'ish lb's)

Orange Camaro SS 5th Gen has:
Forged 416ci LS3
10-11psi D1SC
6 speed
93 Octane
700-720rwhp
1 Passenger (110lbs)

MNIVET: (Turbo LS1 Miata)
346ci LS1 Forged
76mm Rear Mount Comp OIL LESS Turbo Triple Ball Bearing 0.96 A/R Billet Wheel
6 Speed
680'ish rwhp
250lb passenger

these guys playing around on way to the track. nothing like cop escort to play around....

wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #1020
Registered Member
Regular
 
FordAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Its just a black miata. You will know if you run into it. You'll see its rear real fast. LOL. LS swap Turbo.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Trailblazer SS has:
TVS 2300
Built LS2
Auto Stall (Don't know details...)
16+ psi Boost
RWD
93 Octane
800+ rwhp
Runs 10.6's @ 129-130mph
2 Passengers (300lbs total)

White Turbo Camaro SS 5th Gen Has:
Stock LS3
76mm Turbo
10psi
680+rwhp
6 speed
93 + Meth
1 Passenger (120'ish lb's)

Orange Camaro SS 5th Gen has:
Forged 416ci LS3
10-11psi D1SC
6 speed
93 Octane
700-720rwhp
1 Passenger (110lbs)

MNIVET: (Turbo LS1 Miata)
346ci LS1 Forged
76mm Rear Mount Comp OIL LESS Turbo Triple Ball Bearing 0.96 A/R Billet Wheel
6 Speed
680'ish rwhp
250lb passenger

these guys playing around on way to the track. nothing like cop escort to play around....

<a href="
FordAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #1021
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Idiots R- US

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordAddict View Post
Lol I like the monster miatas!
there is a guy here with a RX7 that has a LS2 cmmed out and a Maggie on it. Makes around 700whp. He never races it jut shows it. But every once in while he gets on it. It sounds super nasty.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #1022
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

there is a guy here with a RX7 that has a LS2 cmmed out and a Maggie on it. Makes around 700whp. He never races it jut shows it. But every once in while he gets on it. It sounds super nasty.
I wonder why no one puts a mustang motor in their car?
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #1023
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Idiots R- US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady View Post
I wonder why no one puts a mustang motor in their car?
cause they want to go fast...LOL..Until the 5.0 there was no Ford motor worth having really. What a 4.6..nope don't do it. The LS1/LS2 are great engines. Cheap to mod and make a lot of power. stock 02 SS's and WS6's was still faster then every GT till 2011.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

and right now the 5.0 is just to expensive right now to do swaps.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #1024
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

cause they want to go fast...LOL..Until the 5.0 there was no Ford motor worth having really. What a 4.6..nope don't do it. The LS1/LS2 are great engines. Cheap to mod and make a lot of power. stock 02 SS's and WS6's was still faster then every GT till 2011.
>_> why didn't I buy a Camaro or ws6 then?
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #1025
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Idiots R- US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady View Post
>_> why didn't I buy a Camaro or ws6 then?
why would I want a older car when I can buy a new one. and the LS3 in the 5th gen is great engine. The 5th gen camaro its self sucks to heavy.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #1026
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yellow50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 449
Ok first of all not everyone drag races. Since thats out of the way i can say that the civic si was NEVER meant to be dragged, period. It was designed to handle and take corners a fun entry level sporty car nothing more nothing less stop making it into something its not.

Its the same concept as the frs. Frs has only 200hp yet it has 50/50 weight incredible low center of gravity. Its all for the spirit of driving and handling not 1/4 times. Alot of local japanese road race and drift and local tracks. Thats what these cars are coming from. The frs can fit four full spare tires and rims in the rear for this exact purpose. Theres a bigger world out there than just drag racing. That being said i own a mustang with over 450whp but i also own a miata for different reasons. To each his own
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #1027
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Re: Idiots R- US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50 View Post
Ok first of all not everyone drag races. Since thats out of the way i can say that the civic si was NEVER meant to be dragged, period. It was designed to handle and take corners a fun entry level sporty car nothing more nothing less stop making it into something its not.

Its the same concept as the frs. Frs has only 200hp yet it has 50/50 weight incredible low center of gravity. Its all for the spirit of driving and handling not 1/4 times. Alot of local japanese road race and drift and local tracks. Thats what these cars are coming from. The frs can fit four full spare tires and rims in the rear for this exact purpose. Theres a bigger world out there than just drag racing. That being said i own a mustang with over 450whp but i also own a miata for different reasons. To each his own
agree. Miata's are great handling cars. helps they are light as a feather.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #1028
Registered Member
Regular
 
MedicDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

>_> why didn't I buy a Camaro or ws6 then?
O no don't say that Mady.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #1029
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3281317988.png
Views:	185
Size:	552.0 KB
ID:	53925
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #1030
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yellow50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

>_> why didn't I buy a Camaro or ws6 then?
Cuz there ugly and everything else on them is subpar quality
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #1031
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.0MustangMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50

Cuz there ugly and everything else on them is subpar quality
'02 ws6'a are not ugly at all! One of the best cars I've owned accually.
5.0MustangMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #1032
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50

Cuz there ugly and everything else on them is subpar quality
Cause it took Ford till 2011 to out run 00-02 cars. NA/NA.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #1033
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 566
Sigh sometimes I think I should have bought a 05 GTO instead
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #1034
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady
Sigh sometimes I think I should have bought a 05 GTO instead
05-06 was the better GTO. 04's sucked.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #1035
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

05-06 was the better GTO. 04's sucked.
I typed in 05 lol and the 04 still beat our mustangs >_>
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #1036
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

I typed in 05 lol and the 04 still beat our mustangs >_>
Actually they did.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #1037
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Actually they did.
Lol ur a funny person when in 04 the GTO made 350hp and torque and our v8's back then only made 260hp and 300 torque
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #1038
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

Lol ur a funny person when in 04 the GTO made 350hp and torque and our v8's back then only made 260hp and 300 torque
Just shows how much the mustang sucked then.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #1039
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Just shows how much the mustang sucked then.
Uh haha mustang still looks better and sounds better heard one tonight n it didn't sound good at all
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #1040
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
That's not idiotic... That's how you do it!!! Lmao!

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Just shows how much the mustang sucked then.
I lost interest in the mustang after they stopped making the 5.0. When the '05 came out, I was really hopping for the return of the 5.0 because I really liked that body style. When the '10 came out I just about gave up on Ford. I didn't like the body changes and I was unamused with the same 4.6 in a different dress.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #1041
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

That's not idiotic... That's how you do it!!! Lmao!

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------



I lost interest in the mustang after they stopped making the 5.0. When the '05 came out, I was really hopping for the return of the 5.0 because I really liked that body style. When the '10 came out I just about gave up on Ford. I didn't like the body changes and I was unamused with the same 4.6 in a different dress.
Lol I still think its lame the mustang got serious in 2011 and lacked any real power na before that
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #1042
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

Lol I still think its lame the mustang got serious in 2011 and lacked any real power na before that
Agreed, which is why I never bought any of them when I had the chance.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #1043
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Agreed, which is why I never bought any of them when I had the chance.
Idk I still bought one lol and I have a nice sounding good looking car which was all I really worried about
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #1044
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Agreed, which is why I never bought any of them when I had the chance.
Neither did I.

It sucks when a 4dr car G8 is spanking mustangs stock to stock. It was just bad luck for me so had to.go.

If the 5.0 wouldn't have came out I would most likely bought a EVO. That or a used c6 vette. Just was not a fan of the 5th Gen camaro.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #1045
Registered Member
Regular
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 991
Its like everyone is bent out of shape about ls1's... There really wasn't much else in the GT's price range at the time (sn95) that outclassed it. I enjoy my 04, I know it isn't all that fast, but its still above average and I get a ton on compliments because I picked such an attractive color. I'll upgrade it one day, but until then no regrets.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #1046
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 566
Idk for my next car I want one that has 400hp and torque so I may have to get a 05-06 GTO to be in my budget
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #1047
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
My next car will most likely be a used Z06, GTR. If I don't decide to buy a truck to just tow the mustang to the track.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #1048
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Go with the truck, gotta keep the mustang
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #1049
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0
Go with the truck, gotta keep the mustang
Yeah .. Gotta have a truck ... So convenient
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #1050
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50
Ok first of all not everyone drag races. Since thats out of the way i can say that the civic si was NEVER meant to be dragged, period. It was designed to handle and take corners a fun entry level sporty car nothing more nothing less stop making it into something its not.

Its the same concept as the frs. Frs has only 200hp yet it has 50/50 weight incredible low center of gravity. Its all for the spirit of driving and handling not 1/4 times. Alot of local japanese road race and drift and local tracks. Thats what these cars are coming from. The frs can fit four full spare tires and rims in the rear for this exact purpose. Theres a bigger world out there than just drag racing. That being said i own a mustang with over 450whp but i also own a miata for different reasons. To each his own
Exactly! And also any car can be built into a 9-10 second car but big deal. And really a built gutted little light civic built by a speed shop that runs 9-10s who cares. Is this a drag race forum or a mustang forum?

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50

Cuz there ugly and everything else on them is subpar quality
Actually the ws6 and the camaro of that year are awesome cars! And FAR from ugly! Subpar quality? That's why a they dominated the mustang until the 2011?

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
My next car will most likely be a used Z06, GTR. If I don't decide to buy a truck to just tow the mustang to the track.
I would be driving a z06 right now if I didn't have a kid and a baby on the way! I need a back seat! A a truck and 5th wheel is a must because family time is more important that any car.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.