Idiots R- US - Page 35 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #1191
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Comparing a civic and mustang is like comparing a bike to a civic or a smart car with a hybusa engine
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #1192
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

It gets the message across. There's no such thing as too much safety with a bike. Brights don't blind you they really are not that bright. They are annoying but that's about it. It's less annoying when a bikers life is in the hands of someone else's dumb driving.
Maybe they don't blind you but they blind me. My eyes adjust very slowly from dark to light and I've had plenty of motorcycles come at me with such bright lights that I seriously couldn't focus and immediately developed spots in my vision. I usually have to block them with my hand if they have their brights on, which means I can't see them at all.

I'm all about watching out for motorcycles and giving you guys extra room, but driving around with your brights on isn't a great way to get most drivers to be sympathetic to your cause or drive courteously towards you.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #1193
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Maybe they don't blind you but they blind me. My eyes adjust very slowly from dark to light and I've had plenty of motorcycles come at me with such bright lights that I seriously couldn't focus and immediately developed spots in my vision. I usually have to block them with my hand if they have their brights on, which means I can't see them at all.

I'm all about watching out for motorcycles and giving you guys extra room, but driving around with your brights on isn't a great way to get most drivers to be sympathetic to your cause or drive courteously towards you.
+11

Also there are just as many a$$hole bikers out there too!.. Just saying!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #1194
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

+11

There are and it's really unfortunate. They create a bad stereotype that all bikers are reckless which is just not true. I have plenty of friends that ride and they all do it responsibly.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #1195
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya well car vs bike car always wins. I've had too many friends die because people in cars are either texting or don't pay attention or just don't see a bike in general. Before I bought a bike I though most bikers are ******** until I finally bought and seen too many accidents where the biker dies and the person in the car lives happily even though it was their fault. I have more respect when it comes to bikes now. Have to do whatever you can to make sure you come home alive and safe. You can never expect or rely on the other driver to know that your around him. I've been right beside people and they have still coasted into my lane pushing me onto the sidewalk. When your a bike courtesy goes out the window because your life is at stake a person in a car isn't as much as they have protection all around them. Now if your in a car or a truck with bright lights etc then ya that's just being ignorant. I even bought under glow for my bike so people can see me even though it's illegal in my province. I've been ticketed for it all I say in court is I use it for safety purposes and they normally throw the ticket out. If I have to nearly blind someone to make them aware that I'm around so be it. Lost too many people due to drivers not caring or looking around.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #1196
Registered Member
Regular

Ok... If you feel that blinding oncoming motorists is the best way to keep them from hitting you then keep on keeping on I suppose. Doesn't sound like you want to hear any points of view that oppose your own, so let's just drop it.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #1197
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+11

@$$hole bikers are made from inconsiderate drivers....just sayin. The same goes for feelings between truckers and "4wheelers". People in cars just don't pay enough attention to anything...

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote:

I think he's more referring to daytime not nighttime...I used to ride around in the daytime with brights too...at night it was reg lights unless I needed brights.

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #1198
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT

@$$hole bikers are made from inconsiderate drivers....just sayin. The same goes for feelings between truckers and "4wheelers". People in cars just don't pay enough attention to anything...

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

I think he's more referring to daytime not nighttime...I used to ride around in the daytime with brights too...at night it was reg lights unless I needed brights.
Sorry bro but a$$hole bikers are NOT made from inconsiderate drivers!.. That's like a fat guy saying it's McDonalds fault for him being fat!...
Old 06-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #1199
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sorry bro but a$$hole bikers are NOT made from inconsiderate drivers!.. That's like a fat guy saying it's McDonalds fault for him being fat!...
First off explain I me how bikers are @$$holes in your opinion...also do you ride??

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
Old 06-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #1200
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok... If you feel that blinding oncoming motorists is the best way to keep them from hitting you then keep on keeping on I suppose. Doesn't sound like you want to hear any points of view that oppose your own, so let's just drop it.
I'm not talking about oncoming I'm talking about the ones in front of you in the same lane. Until you ride a bike and been through the near misses or have a ton of dead friends from it you won't understand it.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #1201
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

First off explain I me how bikers are @$$holes in your opinion...also do you ride??
First off read what I posted before then comment!..

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

And yes I do ride!..
Old 06-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #1202
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Back to the idiots?

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #1203
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
Back to the idiots?
We r talking about idiots...

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote:

First off read what I posted before then comment!..

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

And yes I do ride!..
I did read your comment...I have never met a @$$hole biker that had not gotten that way by the ignorance and carelessness of people on 4 wheels that think they can take up however many lanes they want, put makeup on, eat a full course meal, talk/text, ect while driving. Ive watched a truck run my buddy off the road by coming into his lane and pushing him off the road into sand and having to hold his hand till the ambulance got there cause his back was broke in three places...I myself have been pushed off the road as well I was just more fortunate. My father was a trucker and dealt with the same idiots in cars and I have been there to witness it as well. I have witnessed to many times a semi trying to get into the right hand lane and idiot drivers just keep passing them on the right which is actually against the law in most states just keep passing. There are some idiots out there on bikes that are just idiots, but MOST OF THE @$$holes were made that way by people in cars.

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
Old 06-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #1204
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Idiots R- US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Back to the idiots?
Here ya go! Another one stolen from FB (the lame instagram crap was already on it).

Click image for larger version

Name:	303578_484254158266718_424144752_n.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	54962
Old 06-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #1205
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

We r talking about idiots...

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

I did read your comment...I have never met a @$$hole biker that had not gotten that way by the ignorance and carelessness of people on 4 wheels that think they can take up however many lanes they want, put makeup on, eat a full course meal, talk/text, ect while driving. Ive watched a truck run my buddy off the road by coming into his lane and pushing him off the road into sand and having to hold his hand till the ambulance got there cause his back was broke in three places...I myself have been pushed off the road as well I was just more fortunate. My father was a trucker and dealt with the same idiots in cars and I have been there to witness it as well. I have witnessed to many times a semi trying to get into the right hand lane and idiot drivers just keep passing them on the right which is actually against the law in most states just keep passing. There are some idiots out there on bikes that are just idiots, but MOST OF THE @$$holes were made that way by people in cars.
So what your saying is that it is someone else's fault that your an A$$hole?!?... Sorry bud but I'm not buying that *****!!.. No one has any control over your actions BUT YOU!!!.... Blaming some one for YOUR OWN ACTIONS is total BS!!!...
Old 06-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #1206
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:

Here ya go! Another one stolen from FB (the lame instagram crap was already on it).
Hmmm bikers indeed!!! Lol
Untamed5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #1207
Registered Member
Regular

First rule to ridding a bike is!.. Ride like you are totally INVISIBLE yet completely VULNERABLE!!... Because you are!...
Old 06-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #1208
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
First rule to ridding a bike is!.. Ride like you are totally INVISIBLE yet completely VULNERABLE!!... Because you are!...
Sold my bike because my brother was badly injured because he got t-boned by a 1/4 ton truck. the person that hit him just got his license!!! Idiots or just ignorance? Lack of experience is a possibility
Untamed5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #1209
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed5.0

Sold my bike because my brother was badly injured because he got t-boned by a 1/4 ton truck. the person that hit him just got his license!!! Idiots or just ignorance? Lack of experience is a possibility
A friend of mine hit a car when he was on his bike!... He died a week later!.. He was doing about 75 in a 55 when the car pulled out in front of him!.. The driver of the car was charged with reckless driving!!... Yet my friend was one of those A$$hole bikers and was doing 20 over the posted speed limit!!... He was also stupid for wearing one of those Bennie Helmets!... Those are the reasons why he is dead!..
Old 06-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #1210
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

A friend of mine hit a car when he was on his bike!... He died a week later!.. He was doing about 75 in a 55 when the car pulled out in front of him!.. The driver of the car was charged with reckless driving!!... Yet my friend was one of those A$$hole bikers and was doing 20 over the posted speed limit!!... He was also stupid for wearing one of those Bennie Helmets!... Those are the reasons why he is dead!..
Well actually that's not the reason why he is dead. He is dead because someone pulled in front of him. It's their fault. He could hve been doing 55 and same thing happen. Just cause he's doing 20 over doesn't mean it's his fault. If he was doing like 100 over then ya that's pretty fast but 20 over is nothin at all. Bikers are not normaly ********. They are for a reason. Ether a fallen friend or fallen themselves. Most bikers are peaceful ad nimble. Then you hve your ****** squids that get on a bike and think they can do everything. The driver was charged of reckless driving cause it was reckless. He clearly didn't take the time to look and just went in the lane. 1 out of 10 people actually shoulder check and double check. That is why bikers are getting dropped like flies
Old 06-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #1211
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I never said all, and your right you are responsible for your own actions. However people who are riding like they are supposed to, like me the time I got ran off the road (entering freeway not even up to 50 yet due to the highway setup and traffic. Exiting traffic and entering traffic had to merge into single lane in side of highway to get to intended destination (dangerous to start with in my opinion)) and the car getting off came over without looking to see me there, after I was forced over the yellow line the whole time beeping my horn, cause yelling is pointless with a helmet, I kicked in their door panel. When they pulled away I took off. Was that a a$$hole thing to do...yes...did the a$$hole in the car deserve it..HELL YES!

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
Old 06-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #1212
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
I hear what you saying about being blinded but sounds like you might have a stigmatism. It seams like everything I freaking say you have something negative to say about it. I do respect your opinion but damn. I figured the brights on my bike are no worse than hids on low beam. If you've have ever rode a bike and had someone slam on their brakes or pull out in front of you then you know where I'm coming from. And if it's too damn bright flash me back at least I'll know that you see me.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #1213
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86custom

I hear what you saying about being blinded but sounds like you might have a stigmatism. It seams like everything I freaking say you have something negative to say about it. I do respect your opinion but damn. I figured the brights on my bike are no worse than hids on low beam. If you've have ever rode a bike and had someone slam on their brakes or pull out in front of you then you know where I'm coming from. And if it's too damn bright flash me back at least I'll know that you see me.
+1 point made

I still never rode with brights at night but daytime was a whole diff story.

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
Old 06-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #1214
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx

Well actually that's not the reason why he is dead. He is dead because someone pulled in front of him. It's their fault. He could hve been doing 55 and same thing happen. Just cause he's doing 20 over doesn't mean it's his fault. If he was doing like 100 over then ya that's pretty fast but 20 over is nothin at all. Bikers are not normaly ********. They are for a reason. Ether a fallen friend or fallen themselves. Most bikers are peaceful ad nimble. Then you hve your ****** squids that get on a bike and think they can do everything. The driver was charged of reckless driving cause it was reckless. He clearly didn't take the time to look and just went in the lane. 1 out of 10 people actually shoulder check and double check. That is why bikers are getting dropped like flies
Actually in Michigan some one has to be charged!.. That is why the driver was charged!.. And yes it was my friends fault!.. Had he not been speeding he would have most likely survived!.. From the skid marks (made from his bike from locking up the brakes) they estimated him to be doing about 40mph at the point of impact!.. So yes it was his fault!..

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote:

I never said all, and your right you are responsible for your own actions. However people who are riding like they are supposed to, like me the time I got ran off the road (entering freeway not even up to 50 yet due to the highway setup and traffic. Exiting traffic and entering traffic had to merge into single lane in side of highway to get to intended destination (dangerous to start with in my opinion)) and the car getting off came over without looking to see me there, after I was forced over the yellow line the whole time beeping my horn, cause yelling is pointless with a helmet, I kicked in their door panel. When they pulled away I took off. Was that a a$$hole thing to do...yes...did the a$$hole in the car deserve it..HELL YES!
I've had bikers ride right in my blind spot for several miles down the road!.. Like I said, there are also some A$$hole bikers that either don't know how to ride, or are just plain stupid and shouldn't be ridding!..

You have to ride like your invisible at all times!.. Never assume that what ever you are doing will cause you to be seen or heard!.. And those little horns that come on bikes are all but completely worthless!...
Old 06-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #1215
Registered Member
Regular

I do agree there are some idiot two wheelers out there. I think I look in my mirrors just as much as I look ahead of me. I never understood why some of them race around traffic like they're on a race course. And yes I drive with my brights on during the and night UNLESS I approach another vehicle in my lane.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #1216
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I do agree there are some idiot two wheelers out there. I think I look in my mirrors just as much as I look ahead of me. I never understood why some of them race around traffic like they're on a race course. And yes I drive with my brights on during the and night UNLESS I approach another vehicle in my lane.
Those that race around like that are just morons!.. Had a buddy that killed himself doing just that one week after he got back from Iraq!...
Old 06-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #1217
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Actually in Michigan some one has to be charged!.. That is why the driver was charged!.. And yes it was my friends fault!.. Had he not been speeding he would have most likely survived!.. From the skid marks (made from his bike from locking up the brakes) they estimated him to be doing about 40mph at the point of impact!.. So yes it was his fault!..

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I've had bikers ride right in my blind spot for several miles down the road!.. Like I said, there are also some A$$hole bikers that either don't know how to ride, or are just plain stupid and shouldn't be ridding!..

You have to ride like your invisible at all times!.. Never assume that what ever you are doing will cause you to be seen or heard!.. And those little horns that come on bikes are all but completely worthless!...
Agreed on the horns...I tried...eventually had to make myself known before I hit the sand..

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
Old 06-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #1218
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry to hear all about all of your friends. I've never had anyone real close to die on a bike hopefully never will. It kinda burns me up every time I hear someone dying cause acting careless on their bike. Most of them are so young and have a lot of things going for them. And the comment on the horn I believe a light tap on the throttle gets there attention better then our tiny "roadrunner" horns.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #1219
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
The only @$$hole bikers are the ones that are trying to be a nuisance to everyone else like weaving through traffic at high speeds or slowing down then speeding up. My dad told me a story about when a group of bikers slowed down to about 30 on the highway then took off down the road. He then saw three of them dead in the middle of the road. I can't say they got what they deserved, but they deserved something.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #1220
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes I do have a stigmatism, as well as a lot of adults in the us. Also most people with light colored eyes are sensitive to sudden bright lights. I'm not trying to argue with everything you say, just that potentially blinding other drivers isn't a great idea.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #1221
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
In some states if you are speeding you are put to blame.
Thors5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #1222
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
Back to the idiots?
Agreed. This is a tech section guys.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #1223
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Agreed. This is a tech section guys.
So we can't talk about idiots? just cars?

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
Old 06-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #1224
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So we can't talk about idiots? just cars?
Ya..... Also isn't this the "Idiots Are Us" section??.... Lol
Old 06-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #1225
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya..... Also isn't this the "Idiots Are Us" section??.... Lol
If we have to add tech talk in it can we talk about the idiots trajectory to make it techy?

4.10 Gear/RPM thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar