Idiots R- US - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Idiots R- US

Thought I would share a verbal standoff I had with a local "Rice Burner"

I was at the gas station minding my business and a coffee can exhaust Scion pulls in behind me. The guy gets out of his car and starts drilling me on what mods I have done and what I should do. I am patiently watching the dials turn on the pump and half heartly giving the guy the occosional," Really? Oh !!! COOL" comments. I am not a mechanical wizard and I down played what I do know to complete the entire "Ignorance package" I was trying to present. I guess it worked. This guy literally told me he had a "Back Flanged rev matching poly-carbon fiber thottle body" a custom tune from Japan that increased his HP buy 123 HP and 80 Ftlbs, and a 94mm turbo direct from Mokigi racing. I asked to see it all and he said it was "Hidden from plain site" I asked him what it cost and what his dyno numbers were...... get this now.... He says he put 22k into the engine alone ( a scion only costs ... what like 6 dollars and 27 cents?) and he was pushing 340 hp with 23 lbs of boost. I shook my head in utter ignorant amazement and told him I had a CAI I paid 200 bucks for and I was putting out 400 hp....... he looked completely dumbfounded and quit conversing with me, got in his car and drove off.......... guess he did not really need gas.
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Typical rice burner
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Well, with all those modifications he probably gets about 167mpg.

I had a similar conversation at a fill station. Some genius in a Civic hatch with beyond excessive camber, I believe he called it "Hella Flush" he gave me a run down on what he was pushing then asked me what I had. I said, "I'm stock." Then, without me saying two words to him, he got defensive and he said, "My sh¡t is built, not bought!" I gave him a thumbs up and he got back into his built sticker infested wrong wheel drive Honda and with one wheel squealing he sped away, very slowly. Lmao, I know, I'm an as$hole!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Idiots R- US

That is some funny *****...
Old 12-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd
That is some funny *****...
+1. I'll bet he had a flux capacitor also.
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I don't usually have conversations with these characters-but I do, enjoy, 'dusting them off'..
2011 Sterling Gray GT: 5.0, 6speed, Security Pkg., 3:73 Limited Slip,HID headlamps, stripe delete,19" Nickle Luster Wheels, Magnaflow Street Series axle backs

Sold:2008 Vapor GT:Borla Stinger, Hurst, AFM PowerPipe,Velocity MAF,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Hyper-Black CS69 Wheels
jimbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Hahaha.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

I had a similar conversation at a fill station. Some genius in a Civic hatch with beyond excessive camber, I believe he called it "Hella Flush" he gave me a run down on what he was pushing then asked me what I had. I said, "I'm stock." Then, without me saying two words to him, he got defensive and he said, "My sh¡t is built, not bought!" I gave him a thumbs up and he got back into his built sticker infested wrong wheel drive Honda and with one wheel squealing he sped away, very slowly. Lmao, I know, I'm an as$hole!
That is funny!!... Hahahaha

I recently had a similar conversation with some guy and his GranPrix GTP!... Claimed he had a fully built motor!... Even listed off every thing he had done to it!... Sounded right!... Said he runs low 11s!... That sounded possibly!... Said he had it up on a dyno and was pushing 350hp!!!... I asked him 350hp??.... (just to confirm what I heard). He said yes!... I guess those who like to talk big come in all shapes and sizes!... Lol
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Lmao! Don't u just love weed eater motors! One guy told me he had a quad turboed Honda del sol that had 600 HP and that with his tires that look like a spare donut could run a 10sec 1/4 mile! I started laughing uncontrollably and got in my car and drove off. Think his poor lil emotions were hurt from the look on his face

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3to5.0
Thought I would share a verbal standoff I had with a local "Rice Burner"

I was at the gas station minding my business and a coffee can exhaust Scion pulls in behind me. The guy gets out of his car and starts drilling me on what mods I have done and what I should do. I am patiently watching the dials turn on the pump and half heartly giving the guy the occosional," Really? Oh !!! COOL" comments. I am not a mechanical wizard and I down played what I do know to complete the entire "Ignorance package" I was trying to present. I guess it worked. This guy literally told me he had a "Back Flanged rev matching poly-carbon fiber thottle body" a custom tune from Japan that increased his HP buy 123 HP and 80 Ftlbs, and a 94mm turbo direct from Mokigi racing. I asked to see it all and he said it was "Hidden from plain site" I asked him what it cost and what his dyno numbers were...... get this now.... He says he put 22k into the engine alone ( a scion only costs ... what like 6 dollars and 27 cents?) and he was pushing 340 hp with 23 lbs of boost. I shook my head in utter ignorant amazement and told him I had a CAI I paid 200 bucks for and I was putting out 400 hp....... he looked completely dumbfounded and quit conversing with me, got in his car and drove off.......... guess he did not really need gas.
I laugh at people like that! Ignorance is one thing but stupid u just something u can't get rid of!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

most ricers are idiots but honda guys are the worst.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I find it entertaining when I talk to these people. In fact I work with one. He has a 1.8 jetta and thinks it's the hottest **** in town. He apparently chipped and put slotted rotors which are like 8" in diameter and on backwards as well. Everytime he leaves work he floors just to get one os his wheels to spin. Now he tells me he's getting a stage 3 turbo kit for it. Iust nod and smile and wait for the day he wants to race and I can show him what a fast car is.
On an aside, does anyone know definitively if drilled an slotted rotors have a direction. I was under the impression they do. BMW has left and right side rotors so spin is clockwise on the driver side and counter on the passenger. However AMG Mercedes only have one universal drilled rotor so one side looks wrong and the other looks right. I guess it must not make a difference if Mercedes does it.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbullit
I don't usually have conversations with these characters-but I do, enjoy, 'dusting them off'..
+1. Lol
Old 12-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Old 12-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I dont think you guys are grasping the enormity of this conversation......... This guy claimed to have things that DO NOT EVEN EXIST>>> a Back Flanged REV MATCHING Poly Carbon Fiber Throttle Body!!!! I Googled it just to be sure that no such Animal existed. And a 94MM TURBO.... I doubt a standard Scion Engine could produce a enough power to even spin the blades on a turbo that large. I am actually a little offended that the guy assumed me THAT stupid.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I dont think you guys are grasping the enormity of this conversation......... This guy claimed to have things that DO NOT EVEN EXIST>>> a Back Flanged REV MATCHING Poly Carbon Fiber Throttle Body!!!! I Googled it just to be sure that no such Animal existed. And a 94MM TURBO.... I doubt a standard Scion Engine could produce a enough power to even spin the blades on a turbo that large. I am actually a little offended that the guy assumed me THAT stupid.
+1. That was why I said he must of had a flux capacitor. Lol
Old 12-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster

+1. That was why I said he must of had a flux capacitor. Lol
Lmao! And I bet his car time travels to!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Some of us run into these idiots often!!... Lol
Old 12-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt
I find it entertaining when I talk to these people. In fact I work with one. He has a 1.8 jetta and thinks it's the hottest **** in town. He apparently chipped and put slotted rotors which are like 8" in diameter and on backwards as well. Everytime he leaves work he floors just to get one os his wheels to spin. Now he tells me he's getting a stage 3 turbo kit for it. Iust nod and smile and wait for the day he wants to race and I can show him what a fast car is.
On an aside, does anyone know definitively if drilled an slotted rotors have a direction. I was under the impression they do. BMW has left and right side rotors so spin is clockwise on the driver side and counter on the passenger. However AMG Mercedes only have one universal drilled rotor so one side looks wrong and the other looks right. I guess it must not make a difference if Mercedes does it.
Yes there arw left and right side slotted rotors. However the actual intended direction can varry based ob manufacturer...
Old 12-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Yeah his Turbo was developed by NASA! What a clown.Glad I do not deal with these idiots.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:30 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Gotta give credit where credit is due though... His car looked pretty cool.... Orange with a black roof and black rims.... until you looked at the rear end and there was a Folgers can sitting where the exhaust is supposed to be.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gotta give credit where credit is due though... His car looked pretty cool.... Orange with a black roof and black rims.... until you looked at the rear end and there was a Folgers can sitting where the exhaust is supposed to be.
What?!?!.... Don't you like coffee?!?!.... Hahahaha
Old 12-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Yes there arw left and right side slotted rotors. However the actual intended direction can varry based ob manufacturer...
That's right it depends upon the manufacturer - and even then it might not matter. What you look at is the vanes themselves. Put a pencil in one and if the vane is straight, then it doesn't matter which way the slots go. If they angle, then follow the angle forward regardless of which way the slots face (I think, now I will have find the notes to double check again because I can't remember if it is angle back or angle forward, mine were straight so it didn't matter and I put that piece of info out of my memory).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf

Priceless!

I literally live in tunertown... every other car has a spoiler 3x bigger than the engine, an exhaust larger than the tires, and a bulky 90's body kit larger than the lane its driving on.. Dont even get me started!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #24
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

I honestly have never been approached by any ricer or idiot asking about my car or spewing BS about his. I've been told that I'm not very approachable,lol.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #25
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
I honestly have never been approached by any ricer or idiot asking about my car or spewing BS about his. I've been told that I'm not very approachable,lol.
Well ****, just look at your avatar. I wouldn't mess with a guy that looks like that either.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well ****, just look at your avatar. I wouldn't mess with a guy that looks like that either.
+1...times a thousand lol
Old 12-19-2011, 11:38 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Haha I'm not gonna lie I've seen some of those ricers actually take my friends 06 gt more than a few times. Ricers around here really know their stuff. Friday nights is where most young people in my town go to show off there cars and and hang out and stuff. we meet at the local In n out parking lots (only large parking lots on my small town) And theres usually just big trucks, all kinds of mustangs and camaros and of course always the rx8s hondas etc. there's this white integra around town though that just rips on most of the cars average cars. Not to mention the few sti's lol. Amazed at how fast those things can take turns. Havent had a chance to take my Cobra tho. I really want to take that integra to the track tho. Seems like it would be fun to hopefully smoke him.
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt View Post
Haha I'm not gonna lie I've seen some of those ricers actually take my friends 06 gt more than a few times. Ricers around here really know their stuff. Friday nights is where most young people in my town go to show off there cars and and hang out and stuff. we meet at the local In n out parking lots (only large parking lots on my small town) And theres usually just big trucks, all kinds of mustangs and camaros and of course always the rx8s hondas etc. there's this white integra around town though that just rips on most of the cars average cars. Not to mention the few sti's lol. Amazed at how fast those things can take turns. Havent had a chance to take my Cobra tho. I really want to take that integra to the track tho. Seems like it would be fun to hopefully smoke him.

Hence the difference between a "RICER" and a "TUNER". I hold no ill will towards the guys/girls that don't BS their way through a conversation and actually know what they are talking about, and have cars... any kind..... that can back up their claims.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:47 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hence the difference between a "RICER" and a "TUNER". I hold no ill will towards the guys/girls that don't BS their way through a conversation and actually know what they are talking about, and have cars... any kind..... that can back up their claims.
I absolutely agree. Still nothing like a mustang IMO though
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:35 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC

That's right it depends upon the manufacturer - and even then it might not matter. What you look at is the vanes themselves. Put a pencil in one and if the vane is straight, then it doesn't matter which way the slots go. If they angle, then follow the angle forward regardless of which way the slots face (I think, now I will have find the notes to double check again because I can't remember if it is angle back or angle forward, mine were straight so it didn't matter and I put that piece of info out of my memory).
Some are designed to angle forward and some back
If the slots are cut at an angle to the rotor surface there is a difference. Its usually not brain surgery to find out.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:01 AM   #31
Road Trip!

The idiots that talk about cars come in all kinds of cars when they know jack. I know guys with vettes, mustangs, imports that are so clueless you could change the oil for them and they think they gained 50hp. I also know import guys that know more about mustangs then most mustang owners and vise versa. Not to mention the. 10 or so imports that would make 600-700whp mustangs/camaro's look stupid here. They don't talk crap or nothing. Just let people run their mouth. Then next thing you know the guy in this big bad muscle car gets raped with his GF/wife with him by a little old 4cyl. What's better is when it's for money.

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Have also seen it go the other way though.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:23 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I was at the car wash washing my car and had just finished waxing it and vacuuming and about ready to drive off when a bagged civic hatchback(strangely I really liked its look) flew in front of my car and parked so I couldn't leave. He got out to talk about my "Cobra". He was tearing it apart then when he finished I politely told him it was actually a GT. he became cocky and started boasting about all he has done as how it would smoke my GT. so I told him his car was really nice and seemed impressive. He then said something about racing for money and started drilling me for my mods. So I told him it was relatively stock(because it is) and he asked me to follow him to 1088 for a run. So I politely declined and started my car to let it warm up before I drive home; it roared to life and the reverberation in the car wash made it sound deadly. He shut up, and told me he didn't want to waste his time if there was no money involved. I told him to have a good night. Haha.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post
I was at the car wash washing my car and had just finished waxing it and vacuuming and about ready to drive off when a bagged civic hatchback(strangely I really liked its look) flew in front of my car and parked so I couldn't leave. He got out to talk about my "Cobra". He was tearing it apart then when he finished I politely told him it was actually a GT. he became cocky and started boasting about all he has done as how it would smoke my GT. so I told him his car was really nice and seemed impressive. He then said something about racing for money and started drilling me for my mods. So I told him it was relatively stock(because it is) and he asked me to follow him to 1088 for a run. So I politely declined and started my car to let it warm up before I drive home; it roared to life and the reverberation in the car wash made it sound deadly. He shut up, and told me he didn't want to waste his time if there was no money involved. I told him to have a good night. Haha.

I have rev'd my engine at a couple of ricers on the street lined up next to me at a light and they always gun it when it turns green, squealing through the intersection........ as I casually drive off. When I get to the next intersection I look over at them and give em' a thumbs up, and point at the permantently emplaced traffic camera that just took their picture.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
Priceless!

I literally live in tunertown... every other car has a spoiler 3x bigger than the engine, an exhaust larger than the tires, and a bulky 90's body kit larger than the lane its driving on.. Dont even get me started!

I hear you "JetWolf", we have Ricers here in Miami also, But you know what? It does not matter, what they have, cause Mine is a "MUSTANG", And nothing else needs to be said. I look pass them, like they do not even exist, and they notice that. It's nothing worse than someone acting as if "Your not even worth me waisting my GAS".
Old 12-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

You got to remember with these idiots that your car caught their eye not the other way around. So we know we have awesome cars. We don't need to prove anything to them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar