what if 20 million illegals went home? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
what if 20 million illegals went home?

Quote:
WHAT IF 20 MILLION ILLEGAL ALIENS VACATED AMERICA?
By Frosty Wooldridge
October 29, 2007
NewsWithViews.com

Tina Griego, journalist for the Denver Rocky Mountain News wrote a column titled, "Mexican visitor's lament" -- 10/25/07.
She interviewed Mexican journalist Evangelina Hernandez while visiting Denver last week. Hernandez said, "They (illegal aliens) pay rent, buy groceries, buy clothes...what happens to your country's economy if 20 million people go away?"

That's a good question – it deserves an answer. Over 80 percent of Americans demand secured borders and illegal migration stopped. But what would happen if all 20 million or more vacated America? The answers may surprise you!

In California, if 3.5 million illegal aliens moved back to Mexico, it would leave an extra $10.2 billion to spend on overloaded school systems, bankrupted hospitals and overrun prisons. It would leave highways cleaner, safer and less congested. Everyone could understand one another as English became the dominate language again.

In Colorado, 500,000 illegal migrants, plus their 300,000 kids and grand-kids – would move back "home," mostly to Mexico. That would save Coloradans an estimated $2 billion (other experts say $7 BIL) annually in taxes that pay for schooling, medical, social-services and incarceration costs. It means 12,000 gang members would vanish out of Denver alone.
Colorado would save more than $20 million in prison costs, and the terror that those 7,300 alien criminals set upon local citizens. Denver Officer Don Young and hundreds of Colorado victims would not have suffered death, accidents, rapes and other crimes by illegals.
Denver Public Schools would not suffer a 67 percent drop out/flunk out rate via thousands of illegal alien students speaking 41 different languages. At least 200,000 vehicles would vanish from our gridlocked cities in Colorado. Denver's four percent unemployment rate would vanish as our working poor would gain jobs at a living wage.
In Florida, 1.5 million illegals would return the Sunshine State back to America, the rule of law and English.
In Chicago, Illinois, 2.1 million illegals would free up hospitals, schools, prisons and highways for a safer, cleaner and more crime-free experience.

If 20 million illegal aliens returned "home"
If 20 million illegal aliens returned "home," the U.S. economy would return to the rule of law. Employers would hire legal American citizens at a living wage. Everyone would pay their fair share of taxes because they wouldn't be working off the books. That would result in an additional $401 billion in IRS income taxes collected annually, and an equal amount for local state and city coffers.
No more push '1' for Spanish or '2' for English. No more confusion in American schools that now must content with over 100 languages that degrade the educational system for American kids. Our overcrowded schools would lose more than two million illegal alien kids at a cost of billions in ESL and free breakfasts and lunches.
We would lose 500,000 illegal criminal alien inmates at a cost of more than $1.6 billion annually. That includes 15,000 MS-13 gang members who distribute $130 billion in drugs annually would vacate our country. In cities like L.A., 20,000 members of the "18th Street Gang" would vanish from our nation. No more Mexican forgery gangs for ID theft from Americans! No more foreign rapists and child molesters!
Losing more than 20 million people would clear up our crowded highways and gridlock. Cleaner air and less drinking and driving American deaths by illegal aliens!
Drain on America's economy; taxpayers harmed, employers get rich
Over $80 billion annually wouldn't return to their home countries by cash transfers. Illegal migrants earned half that money untaxed, which further drains America's economy – which currently suffers an $8.7 trillion debt.
At least 400,000 anchor babies would not be born in our country, costing us $109 billion per year per cycle. At least 86 hospitals in California, Georgia and Florida would still be operating instead of being bankrupted out of existence because illegals pay nothing via the EMTOLA Act. Americans wouldn't suffer thousands of TB and hepatitis cases rampant in our country—brought in by illegals unscreened at our borders.

Our cities would see 20 million less people driving, polluting and grid locking our cities. It would also put the "progressives" on the horns of a dilemma; illegal aliens and their families cause 11 percent of our greenhouse gases.

Over one million of Mexico’s poorest citizens now live inside and along our border from Brownsville, Texas to San Diego, California in what the New York Times called, “colonias” or new neighborhoods. Trouble is, those living areas resemble Bombay and Calcutta where grinding poverty, filth, diseases, drugs, crimes, no sanitation and worse. They live without sewage, clean water, streets, electricity, roads or any kind of sanitation. The New York Times reported them to be America’s new “Third World” inside our own country. Within 20 years, at their current growth rate, they expect 20 million residents of those colonias. (I’ve seen them personally in Texas and Arizona; it’s sickening beyond anything you can imagine.) By enforcingourlaws,we could repatriate them back to Mexico.
High integrity, ethical invitation

We invite 20 million aliens to go home, fix their own countries and/or make a better life in Mexico. We invite a million people into our country legally more than all other countries combined annually. We cannot and must not allow anarchy at our borders, more anarchy within our borders and growing lawlessness at every level in our nation.
It’s time to stand up for our country, our culture, our civilization and our way of life.

discuss

*note* transported from the tennesspeed.net forums. i thought it was a worthy topic, and a good summary
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: what if 20 million illegals went home?

obviously that article was written by someone who did a lot of research on statistics... there would be SEVERE economic reprocutions. imagine all the cheap labor that would be replaced by unionized workers. that alone would equate the extra cash saved.

if i recall correctly, illegal immigrants are almost required for a nation to function well economically... its just a matter of how many. while i agree that there is too damn many illegal immigrants in america, getting rid all of them would hurt more than it would help.

EDITED:

Ok so I googled it a bit and I found out that there isn't much of a difference whether immigrants come or go. Here is an excerpt:

Q: How do illegal immigrants affect the overall U.S. economy?

Illegal immigration has both negative and positive impacts on different parts of the economy. As noted above, wages for low-skilled workers go down. But that means the rest of America benefits by paying lower prices for things like restaurant meals, agricultural produce and construction. Another negative impact is on government expenditures. Since undocumented workers generally don't pay income taxes but do use schools and other government services, they are seen as a drain on government spending.

There are places in the United States where illegal immigration has big effects (both positive and negative). But economists generally believe that when averaged over the whole economy, the effect is a small net positive. Harvard's George Borjas says the average American's wealth is increased by less than 1 percent because of illegal immigration.

The economic impact of illegal immigration is far smaller than other trends in the economy, such as the increasing use of automation in manufacturing or the growth in global trade. Those two factors have a much bigger impact on wages, prices and the health of the U.S. economy.

Apparently there is only one group that would benefit from deporting all the illegal immigrants and that would be High School Dropouts that want to do low paying, ****ty jobs.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I keep saying I'll pay a few plane tickets on my own...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

its an interesting article, but i honestly think the problem is going to get worse in the country before it even has the chance to get better

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
its an interesting article, but i honestly think the problem is going to get worse in the country before it even has the chance to get better
I Agree 100%

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Send them back. We will deal with the "consequences" as they arrive, and then realize that our quality went up.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

heres a better question: what if 20 million liberals died off completely?

or if one Hillary died off?

oh how a beautiful place america would be!

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #8
Regular

There'd be 20 million less illegals in this country?

What do I win?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
There'd be 20 million less illegals in this country?

What do I win?
your country back :dunno:

Old 11-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
Regular

Yay!

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Screw an illegal.

*I wouldn't, I'm just saying...
Old 11-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

^uh huh sssuuurrrrreeeeeee

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:16 PM   #13
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Screw an illegal.

*I wouldn't, I'm just saying...
I would... if she was hot.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

if ALL of them went home...

No one would pick my strawberries for me when they're in season
Old 11-06-2007, 11:13 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
if ALL of them went home...

No one would pick my strawberries for me when they're in season
nope, we would build a machine that did it for us.

it amazes me we built a ****ing Cotton Gin way back when but we cant build such machines now to do even more remedial tasks.

or maybe its because the machines cost more? just think of the people that would have jobs if they made machines to do all the work the illegals did!

im drunk so if i dont make sense, nevermind this post.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar