About to sell the tC! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:03 AM   #36
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: About to sell the tC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
so umm :dunno: which one of you are the owner of the tC?

if he is right and can get the tC paid off in 8 months and THEN get another stang, thats the logical decision. id rather have a tC that i own outright (secondary vehicle just in case) and then have a primary vehicle (IE a Cobra) than just one car (IE a GT).

if he buys the GT at 17K and its really worth 12K, then he is instantly upside-down in the purchase, IE in the red, not a good place to be at. He probably owes less on the tC than he can sell the outright for, so he is in the green. a 2007 Scion tC is worth more than a 2004 Mustang GT. just cause one costs more up front than the other, does not mean its worth more.

in the end, even if he can pay off the GT in the same timeframe as the tC, he will still have just one vehicle, whereas if he keeps the tC, pays it off, and then gets a Cobra, he can have two vehicles. Id rather have a tC+Cobra than just a GT any ****ing day of the week and twice on sundays. and in the end, he STILL wont be satisfied since you will have a cobra and im sure ultimately the powah and allure of teh terminator will always make him jealous, months down the road he will go "dam, shouldve got a Cobra"
Dude...he just bought the TC in february. He is 9 months into his financing. Him and his dad sat down and figured out a budget that will pay off the 13k he owes in 9 months. This same budget can also be applied to the GT to pay off whatever he finances within 10-12 months.

If he buys the GT and pays it off in the same time as he does the TC, why wouldn't he also then be able to go ahead and buy a cobra at that point? Your argument makes no sense...or am I missing the rule that if you own one mustang outright you can't buy another? OR if you have a GT you can't use that as a daily driver while still owning a cobra?

Next, you need to figure out how to use this interwebz a little better. There is this magical site...it is called kelly blue book....the address is New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site. It asks you some questions and then it magically comes up with some numbers.

Well, I went to said website and answered the questions and was in awe of the way it put numbers on the screen.

Mustang GT Vert - Private party value, good condition, 35k miles - $17,655
Scion tC Coupe - Private party value, excellent condition, 14k miles - $16,530

Mustang GT Vert - Trade in value, good condition, 35k miles - $15,805.
Scion tC Coupe - Trade in Value, excellent condition, 14k miles - $14,575

Now...which one is worth more? And which one will be worth more next year?

So...with those magical numbers, if he finances $16,900 on a car he loves, which is a mere $3,900 more than he currently owes on a car he can't stand and regrets buying...how again will be be automatically upside down, which, as you so wonderfully cleared up for everyone, means in the red?

Normally when you buy a car, you can't get out of it within the first year or two without being upside down. In this case, he can get out of it and pull some money out of it as well....$1000. He made a mistake buying the turd and has a chance to get out of it positively.

So, again why shouldn't he do this? I realize you are from cali and all, but damn, how does this not make sense?

The only negative in this entire situation is the slight loss in gas mileage. However the number of positives blow that away a thousand fold, IE a thousand times over.
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #37
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Buy a boat...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Dude...he just bought the TC in february. He is 9 months into his financing. Him and his dad sat down and figured out a budget that will pay off the 13k he owes in 9 months. This same budget can also be applied to the GT to pay off whatever he finances within 10-12 months.

If he buys the GT and pays it off in the same time as he does the TC, why wouldn't he also then be able to go ahead and buy a cobra at that point? Your argument makes no sense...or am I missing the rule that if you own one mustang outright you can't buy another? OR if you have a GT you can't use that as a daily driver while still owning a cobra?

Next, you need to figure out how to use this interwebz a little better. There is this magical site...it is called kelly blue book....the address is New Car Prices | Used Car Values - Official Kelley Blue Book Site. It asks you some questions and then it magically comes up with some numbers.

Well, I went to said website and answered the questions and was in awe of the way it put numbers on the screen.

Mustang GT Vert - Private party value, good condition, 35k miles - $17,655
Scion tC Coupe - Private party value, excellent condition, 14k miles - $16,530

Mustang GT Vert - Trade in value, good condition, 35k miles - $15,805.
Scion tC Coupe - Trade in Value, excellent condition, 14k miles - $14,575

Now...which one is worth more? And which one will be worth more next year?

So...with those magical numbers, if he finances $16,900 on a car he loves, which is a mere $3,900 more than he currently owes on a car he can't stand and regrets buying...how again will be be automatically upside down, which, as you so wonderfully cleared up for everyone, means in the red?

Normally when you buy a car, you can't get out of it within the first year or two without being upside down. In this case, he can get out of it and pull some money out of it as well....$1000. He made a mistake buying the turd and has a chance to get out of it positively.

So, again why shouldn't he do this? I realize you are from cali and all, but damn, how does this not make sense?

The only negative in this entire situation is the slight loss in gas mileage. However the number of positives blow that away a thousand fold, IE a thousand times over.
it doesnt matter what you say. Darkshadow agrees with me and thats all that matters. when something as epic as someone else agreeing with me occurs, it definately means something is either very wrong or very right in the universe.

2 cars > 1 car. tC+Cobra>GT.

thats what im seeing. however if he can, a GT+Cobra would be even more awesome.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
however if he can, a GT+Cobra would be even more awesome.
He said that on his 5th post in the thread before you chimed in. Learn to read n00b lol
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

Boys, boys...lol. I have to say I agree with Rob on this one, as long as he can afford it and is on the positive side, getting out of the tC and getting something he really wants, is a ton more fun to drive AND can easily afford, why not?? I think being able to pay if off that fast is steep, but the sooner, the better obviously.

So, Michael...are you getting the GT or what...haha! It sounds really nice, love the comp. orange, I know Rob is pulling for you. Just trust your instincts. IMO, you are still young, there is plenty of time to get a Cobra later (just like Kyle will end up in one ). I would definitely go with the GT, you know how much you miss your v6 and even though it's a little more in gas with the GT, I LOVE mine and wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm going FOBRA, btw! Anyway, good luck!!! I hope things work out.
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #41
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
He said that on his 5th post in the thread before you chimed in. Learn to read n00b lol
And just so he doesn't have to try and figure out what you mean by 5th post...here it is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
i can buy the gt... pay it off in a year, get a cobra as well for weekend or whatever. or keep the tc and get the cobra in a year for weekend or whatever.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

And I was saying the GT would probably not be touched again. The TC would have insentive because of teh cheeper gaseszz
Old 11-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #43
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Well, none of this matters now. His mommy said he can't get rid of the TC that is titled in his name so this is no longer an option.

2: :lame:

/thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar