About to sell the tC! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
About to sell the tC!

Found me an 04 Competition Orange, Black top Convertible GT.

But here's the problem (rob will chime in soon):

I can either:

a.) Pay off my tC within 8 months, and buy a cobra. Keep the tC as a daily driver, and have the cobra as a toy.

b.) My dad buys my tC for 14,900 dollars, and I get the GT. I owe 12,900 on the tC so, I'd have to finance and start over on the GT.

What should I do.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 12:43 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: About to sell the tC!

Financing and starting over sounds like a bad idea.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

i can have the gt or the tC paid off in 9 months. my dad said, if i give him the paychecks he'll sort out the money and within the year ill be out of it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
i can have the gt or the tC paid off in 9 months. my dad said, if i give him the paychecks he'll sort out the money and within the year ill be out of it
In that case I'd get the GT

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
Road Trip!

oh more info on the gt: 5 speed, black top vert, comp orange. 30k miles.... 2004, they want 17,995.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Keep the Scion. Anybody that would trade up a Mustang for a Scion in the first place doesn't need a new Mustang, especially with a V8 in it.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

uhh...cobra.

but why can you sell the tc and buy a gt, or keep the tc and buy a cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #8
Road Trip!

didn't trade my v6, sold it, as it had a rebuilt motor in it and i didn't like that. had i gotten the motor i wanted to put in it, i'd still be in it.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
Road Trip!

i can buy the gt... pay it off in a year, get a cobra as well for weekend or whatever. or keep the tc and get the cobra in a year for weekend or whatever.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Keep the Scion. Anybody that would trade up a Mustang for a Scion in the first place doesn't need a new Mustang, especially with a V8 in it.
and the reason i want back into a mustang is cuz i hate the tC... i like the qwerks of it, but other than that, its not my mustang. the tc was mainly for gas at the time.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

GT now...you'll enjoy it more and not feel as funked in the *** about paying $1500 a month payments to pay it off in a year.

Since the TC is only 9 months old financing, and you have a chance to get out of it and not be upside down...in fact, be $1000 in the black on it...ditch it and get the GT.

GT can be your daily...with the distance you are driving to work, gas won't be that big of a deal...maybe 1 more fill up per week than you did with the TC...

You will enjoy the vert GT a billion times more than you will the TC.

After the GT is paid off...or mostly paid off...if you don't want to keep it anymore you can trade it or sell it and you will get a good bit more in either situation than you would for a boring TC...you saw what toyota had to say...12k on trade and it is only 9 months old...just imagine 18 months old...you will get jack ****.

GT...pay it off...get a cobra for a good weather/weekend warrior next summer or the following spring...

GT is the only option here...period...end of story...

/thread
Old 11-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
Road Trip!

arghhh theres the comment. i called my dad, looks like ima be doing it probably tonight.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
arghhh theres the comment. i called my dad, looks like ima be doing it probably tonight.
remove the probably and get the damn car...just imagine...cruising to NY next year with the top down all the way. Will be a **** ton more enjoyable than puttin along in the TC...

Plus, now I can shoot you the list of mods to do...what order to do them in...and we can cut your springs to lower the car.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:19 PM   #14
Road Trip!

yea, i was thinking about that. for the new york cruise, i may have a cobra as well... ****, let someone drive my gt and ill bring the cobra. lol.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #15
Road Trip!

garrr, i need to order me a shifter lmaooo i dont' want to row row row my boat
Old 11-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Financing and starting over sounds like a bad idea.
Here's the thing...financing and starting over is only wiping out 9 months of payments and increasing his financed about by about $3k. AND...he can get out of his current financing without being upside down...and move into a vehicle he will enjoy more and not ***** about missing his mustang all the time...which is plus cause then I won't have to listen to the *****ing.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
garrr, i need to order me a shifter lmaooo i dont' want to row row row my boat
Once you get the car...I will point you in the direction of shifters...

MGW or Steeda will be perfect for your car...the 5 speed triax is a ton better than the 6 speed version that I hated in the cobra. Loved the one I had in my GT...cobra...no.

There is also the UPR which I believe cody has in stock...will take us about 20 minutes to change yours out.

Get the car...then we will talk tomorrow or saturday and plan out your first couple tweaks.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:41 PM   #18
Road Trip!

sounds good, ima see if i can leave work early and go pick her up
Old 11-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #19
Road Trip!

so, do i just not put a down payment on it.... ?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
so, do i just not put a down payment on it.... ?
You do whatever...if have a DP to put on it...then do it. If you can get into it without one, and are going to truly pay it off in a year...then don't put one down and use the extra from your TC for the first couple mods..exhaust (I know where there is an offroad UPR x-pipe for sale cheap here in BR), shifter, and tune....and stockpile the rest...

Also, i need to talk to you about some graphics I need to have created...we can talk about it this weekend or tomorrow when you get a chance.

Are you going to be able to drive this car right away? I know you are very experienced with handling sticks...but what about driving a car with one?

Get the car...if it takes some dough down, and you have a certain amount you can put down...then do it. It won't hurt not to as long as you really pay it off in a year.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #21
Road Trip!

meebo rob, meebo
Old 11-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

My honest opinion is get something that you can pay for easy that doesnt take EVERY dime you have. At this point in your life you had best save every dime you can cuz when you get out of school you will need it to start your life... unless your parents like to buy you all kinds of **** you should be doing on your own like a house or what not~

Dont live from paycheck to paycheck and spend every dime on your car... when you hit hard times its very hard to recover if you dont have something to fall back on.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #23
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
My honest opinion is get something that you can pay for easy that doesnt take EVERY dime you have. At this point in your life you had best save every dime you can cuz when you get out of school you will need it to start your life... unless your parents like to buy you all kinds of **** you should be doing on your own like a house or what not~

Dont live from paycheck to paycheck and spend every dime on your car... when you hit hard times its very hard to recover if you dont have something to fall back on.

His payment on the TC is around $275 a month....that was financing ~$14k. His payment on this car will come in around $325-$350 a month with no money down...which is about what he was paying per month on the TC anyhow because he paid extra most months.

This opportunity puts him into a GT for basically the same payment as the TC...
Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #24
Road Trip!

and im working 3 jobs, on salary on one, and out of school... just livin gat home
Old 11-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

there isn't room for another comp orange stang on here

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
there isn't room for another comp orange stang on here
Hahahahaha if its not yours it can't be here, eh?

:pnoid:
Old 11-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

**** that.

id pay off the tC since you are so damn close. Then get a cobra.

17K for a GT is NOT worth it. its not even worth 12K. Pay off the tC and get a 03/04 Cobra later on.

btw how much money do you make that you can pay off new cars so quickly? or do you just put all your income towards a huge monthly payment? if i was able to put my full income towards my car, itd still take me ~12 months.

id seriously keep the tC. its reliable, relatively efficient, and paid off. and IMO its really not that bad of a car, surely alot better than most econoboxes out there. I cant wait till the day i finally have paid a car off after financing it.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:12 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Justin Send a message via Yahoo to Justin

Its been awhile since I been here but i have to chime in.... You wont be happy with the GT.... I know this is old but it wont lope like the tC... Just my 2cents.
Soon to come - UDPs, Off Road X-Pipe, A/T Cooler, and 03' Cobra Rims
Club - Tha Crew Leader of Muscle Car Division
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

It sounds to be like you just want to jump into anything and you really are not thinking about what you really want.. you just want a mustang anyway you can get it... save up and pay off the tc then sell it and buy a cobra or keep it as a dd. Dont jump into something cuz its all you can get right not... get what you want not what you have to settle for~ if you can help it that is.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #30
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

He wants a mustang because all his buddies have one and they give him **** about it all the time, and he isn't man enough to tell him he likes what the has so he has to go with what the crowd has, due mostly in part because he has low self esteem and needs to feel like he belongs.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
**** that.

17K for a GT is NOT worth it. its not even worth 12K. Pay off the tC and get a 03/04 Cobra later on.

btw how much money do you make that you can pay off new cars so quickly? or do you just put all your income towards a huge monthly payment? if i was able to put my full income towards my car, itd still take me ~12 months.

id seriously keep the tC. its reliable, relatively efficient, and paid off. and IMO its really not that bad of a car, surely alot better than most econoboxes out there. I cant wait till the day i finally have paid a car off after financing it.
OMG! I FREAKING AGREE!?

17K is NOT worth it for an used GT, even if with as few miles as it has. The TC will save you more money in the long run in gas. If you want you could even fix it up a bit to make more enjoyable to drive. Just pay it off and get the Cobra. Chances are you'll never want to drive the GT because the MPG is nearly identical. The only reason you'll drive the TC is for gas savings. The GT wouldn't get touched again. Plus for future credit, it looks very nice to have completely paid off a car and that will help with the interest rate on the Cobra.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
OMG! I FREAKING AGREE!?
no wai?

Old 11-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #33
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
**** that.

Um...he is not that close to paying off the TC. He is $13,000 away from paying off the TC. He is 9 months into the financing. He is no where near close to paying it off.

Buying this GT would put him into a situation of financing $16,000....and have a hell of a lot better car...not to mention it being something he enjoys instead of something he rides around in everyday kicking himself in the *** for selling his mustang.

He would add $3000 into his current financing....and a priceless amount of enjoyment over the lame *** TC he thought was once cool. Hell, even Jeremy has bailed on the TC and moved into build truck.

This isn't some whim he is acting on. This is a result of 9 months of watching every mustang go by wishing he hadn't sold his mustang....completely regretting his decision.

Since he can get out of his current car and not be upside down...it is the perfect chance.

What is going to be worth more in a year? A 2007 scion tC, or a 2004 mustang GT convertible? I am betting the mustang.

As for what he does....he is a drafter for engineers. But that doesn't matter. He could work at walmart for that matter...he lives at home and has 2 bills...the car payment and insurance. Therefore...he can apply a ton of money from the month to his payments and pay off the GT in the same amount of time he is thinking of paying off this limp wristed TC he is driving around.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Pay off my tC within 8 months, and buy a cobra. Keep the tC as a daily driver, and have the cobra as a toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Um...he is not that close to paying off the TC. He is $13,000 away from paying off the TC.
so umm :dunno: which one of you are the owner of the tC?

if he is right and can get the tC paid off in 8 months and THEN get another stang, thats the logical decision. id rather have a tC that i own outright (secondary vehicle just in case) and then have a primary vehicle (IE a Cobra) than just one car (IE a GT).

if he buys the GT at 17K and its really worth 12K, then he is instantly upside-down in the purchase, IE in the red, not a good place to be at. He probably owes less on the tC than he can sell the outright for, so he is in the green. a 2007 Scion tC is worth more than a 2004 Mustang GT. just cause one costs more up front than the other, does not mean its worth more.

in the end, even if he can pay off the GT in the same timeframe as the tC, he will still have just one vehicle, whereas if he keeps the tC, pays it off, and then gets a Cobra, he can have two vehicles. Id rather have a tC+Cobra than just a GT any ****ing day of the week and twice on sundays. and in the end, he STILL wont be satisfied since you will have a cobra and im sure ultimately the powah and allure of teh terminator will always make him jealous, months down the road he will go "dam, shouldve got a Cobra"

Old 11-09-2007, 10:51 AM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

I also have to agree with Thomas on this one.

If you keep the Tc you can have something to drive if your car is in the shop or god forbid someone old tbones you coming through a light.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar