A little request. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02
Unhappy A little request.

Hey y'all. I have some bad news about Rob (A.K.A. PureVenom). I just wanted to let you all know that Rob's Mom had a massive heart attack tonight (somewhere around 6:30 PM) and is in emergency surgery right now. It's a long story, I'm sure Rob will fill you all in later, but I'll try to give you the details. Basically, she was at work and wasn't feeling good, but refused to go to the hospital to get checked out. She started feeling worse and had called Rob and he went to the store (she works at a gas station) to try to get her to go home or go to the hospital (I don't think he knew how serious it was at the time). While he was there at the store, the EMT's arrived and were doing some tests and told her she needed to get to the hospital because she was having a heart attack. Shortly after, she collasped and dropped to the floor (while still at work) and her heart stopped. She had to be resitiated and was taken to the hospital. From what I heard from Rob, she died twice, but they were able to bring her back both times.

As of right now: Rob is still at the hospital. I talked to him a little while ago. From my understanding, she has 100% blockage in the artery/vein(??) behind her heart. I just learned that his Mom apparently made it though the surgery and is stable for now, but I'm not sure how true that statement is yet because I haven't been able to talk to Rob again as of yet. He is apparently waiting to talk to the doctors to get an update another update. I just know that she is moving to the ICU after surgery and it's obviously very serious.

Please keep him and his mom in your thoughts and prayers. He should be in touch later tonight or tomorrow. For his sake, hopefully she comes through this and makes it through. I know it's really tough for him, especially with everything he is going through with his Dad. When I talked to him last, he was being strong about it and seems to be okay right now, I know it's hard difficult for him.

He knows we're all here for him. I just wanted to let you all know and like I said, he should be in touch sometime tonight or tomorrow, depending when he gets home from the hospital and has a few minutes to breathe on his own.

Thanks everyone!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: A little request.

The first thing he needs to do is have himself checked over now. All this crashing down on him is bad enough, but with his parents both having blockage problems, he needs to start worrying about himself too.

We're all thinking about him.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Holy ****!

Rob is having one of the worst times of his life right now id imagine!

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

Thanks you guys! And yes, I agree with both statements. He actually mentioned getting checked out on his own (just to be safe and take precautions) after he found out what was going on with his Dad.

Unfortunately, everything bad seems to be happening at once. But he's tough and I think he'll be okay. It's so difficult though. Hopefully things turn out okay!

I know how much you guys mean to him, that's the only reason I said anything before he did. It sounds like he's going to be tied up for a while at the hospital. We're all pulling for him. I'm sure he'll fill you in with all the details as soon as he can.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #5
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Rob I hope everything works out for you in the end man. Too much bad **** is happening to good people right now. I'm not even going to pretend like I understand what you are going through because I don't have the slightest clue. Please let us know if we can help in anyway.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I'm home now...not feeling up to writing much, but thanks to everyone that has had a chance to read this and replied so far.

This is ****ty...I was holding up fine until I heard the paramedics say "clear"...and then that wonderful "thump" sound....I lost it at that point...and am not really all that great still.

My mom is sedated and in ICU right now...she woke up once and tried to rip the restraints off...so they basically knocked her out for the rest of the night. She is on a respirator...but is breathing faster than it is set to so they said that is a good thing.

However, she isn't out of the woods by a long shot yet...hopefully we will know more tomorrow...

I will say, the level of stress right now has reached an all time high with my dad, the job, my mother, and soon to be rent. I'll be the first to say, I am sure I am next with all this stress.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

been there done that with my dad so many times... until... we lost him this last time.
I know what you're going through Rob... you're definitely in my prayers.

God bless you and your family.
*hug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to A5295

Rob, I know you really dont know me, but you are most definately in my thoughts and prayers - and that says a lot, considering me and the man upstairs really dont talk like we should. My dad has had a lot of trouble in times past, and its always nerve-racking (sp). Sounds like shes in good shape for what she's been through. My prayer is that it will continue to go that direction.

+1 on what everyone else has said - make sure you get checked out ASAP. Ive become more mindful myself, from all the stuff my fam has been through in the last few years with my dad, who has an enlarged and weakened heart, been running on a pacemaker for years, and was just diagnosed diabetic, and just got back from his second round of heart caths. It has all pushed me to start paying attention to my body, and even if i dont like the way things are, i know they are that way for a reason - don't forget that through the course of all of this.

There is often much that is unseen by you and I in these situations, and sometimes, its better to take a breath and reflect, ya know? All you can do is trust the man upstairs, and leave it in his more than capable hands.
A5295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #9
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Man, I am so sorry to hear that. Your family is in my prayers.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:06 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

I'm sorry to hear that Rob. I know exactly what your going through. I almost lost my dad last year to a massive heart attack. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts man. Just try and take it easy and definately once things settle down get yourself check out. The earlier you find out the better.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:15 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

This is terrible news to hear Rob, I hope everything turns out alright and you get back on your feet soon.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:21 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

dude, avoid the lottery for rent. I'm not sure if you could win at a change machine the way things are going. But keep your head up dude, this **** has to stop some time. Maybe it'll make you stronger as a person or something.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:21 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

rob--you and your family are both in my prayers....hope everything turns out okay

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:23 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Good luck to you and your family, Rob, I hope everything works out for yall...Just for you, I will make sure to drink an extra beer each for you, your mom and your dad this weekend...

Damn, that'll make 3 beers on top of the 10 or 12 that I was going to have anyway on Friday...:drinkbud:
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:10 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

best of luck

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:11 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

you and your family are definitely in my prayers

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I almost lost my Dad in a motocycle accident this past May, I`ll be praying for you.
Try to take care.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

good luck rob, hope you don't have to lose a parent, its not a fun experience

Best of luck and prayers for your mom, yourself and your family..
Old 11-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers everyone! I talked to Rob this morning and he was planning to go to the hospital around 12:00 today (visiting hours are very limited with her being in the ICU) and should be able to talk to her actual doctor today. So he should know more soon. To clear up what was first said, the procedure she had last night was to have to stint put in to clear up area with the blockage to improve blood flow. He should have more information and know where things currently stand soon. Our prayers are definitely with him and his family. Thank you so much for all your support!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

jeez dude. I hope she gets better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #21
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
I'm not sure if you could win at a change machine the way things are going.
no **** right....i'd prolly ask for quarters, get nickels instead, and they would get jammed up in the machine and it would catch fire....same with an atm...
Old 11-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Hang Tough and Stay Strong big Guy !!! They say bad things happen in 3's So your *** is covered !!!! It's all up hill from here

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Haha...I love that, Herb! lol. That's often very true.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

rob make sure you call me today and let me know whats up. i didn't hear back from ya after the doctor walked in.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

hang in there man, hope it gets better
Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #26
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
rob make sure you call me today and let me know whats up. i didn't hear back from ya after the doctor walked in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
I'm home now...not feeling up to writing much, but thanks to everyone that has had a chance to read this and replied so far.

This is ****ty...I was holding up fine until I heard the paramedics say "clear"...and then that wonderful "thump" sound....I lost it at that point...and am not really all that great still.

My mom is sedated and in ICU right now...she woke up once and tried to rip the restraints off...so they basically knocked her out for the rest of the night. She is on a respirator...but is breathing faster than it is set to so they said that is a good thing.

However, she isn't out of the woods by a long shot yet...hopefully we will know more tomorrow...

I will say, the level of stress right now has reached an all time high with my dad, the job, my mother, and soon to be rent. I'll be the first to say, I am sure I am next with all this stress.

There, you're up to date....with the exception that they can't get the insertion point where they go in to put the stent in to stop bleeding due to the blood thinners and because she would wake up and move around because she has complete memory loss of everything back to an unknown point....she remembers us, but doesn't remember anything after being told anything. However, they need to stop the bleeding because if they don't, it's a main artery and she will bleed out internally.

So there...you are as up to date as we are now....just without the complete exhaustion.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:55 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

your in my thoughts and prayers bro
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:36 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

holy **** man... i saw u pass by the job wed. nite man, ure more than welcome to stop by or call, or if u wanna chill lemme know dude...

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:54 PM   #29
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by modular2valve View Post
holy **** man... i saw u pass by the job wed. nite man, ure more than welcome to stop by or call, or if u wanna chill lemme know dude...

Yeah, was on the way to the hospital...waiting for the ambulance to catch up so I could burn through that traffic...once it caught up...I jumped behind them. We left 15 minutes before they did...and they passed us up.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:23 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

jesus dude i seriously hope things start getting better.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

so, i'm sure almost everyone has heard, but your mom got to go home, you got an awesome new job with the state, things are definitely looking better!!!! hopefully no more bad news for a while...lol...

so, does getting a few drinks sound good right about now? lol. hopefully things will calm down, but it's definitely looking a lot better!

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT ~Dominic~
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #32
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyStang02 View Post
so, i'm sure almost everyone has heard, but your mom got to go home, you got an awesome new job with the state, things are definitely looking better!!!! hopefully no more bad news for a while...lol...

so, does getting a few drinks sound good right about now? lol. hopefully things will calm down, but it's definitely looking a lot better!
If my balance in my checking account wasn't -$1300 right now, I would definitely be getting a 6 pack....or two...or thirty.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:52 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

dude, the state will take care of you..........work there for like 30 yrs and draw 100% of your pay when you retire........i think its 30yrs, may be 35. my mom works for the state, i'll ask her
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #34
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
dude, the state will take care of you..........work there for like 30 yrs and draw 100% of your pay when you retire........i think its 30yrs, may be 35. my mom works for the state, i'll ask her
It's not actually directly for the state. I Will be working for a company in Pennsylvania that has the contract with the state to create this software. They don't have anyone here in LA to work directly with the Dept of Ed so that is where I will fit in. I will be working downtown in the state administration building...but won't be working directly for the state.

BTW...I think you should buy me a case.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

ive paid for a few before, but i'd be down with throwing some money up for some booze rob. this weekend?
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar