Texan Kills 2 Suspects While On Phone With 911 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Texan Kills 2 Suspects While On Phone With 911

cbs2.com - Texan Kills 2 Suspects While On Phone With 911

abc13.com: Dramatic 911 call from right before shooting released
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: Texan Kills 2 Suspects While On Phone With 911

good for him, two less deadbeats in the world, the penelty for burglary is death if you pick the wrong house in texas

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

hmm... i think he should have a sentence but it should be a very short sentence..

i mean.. he did the right thing, but killing someone over a bag of loot is a bit excessive IMO. maybe a month or two? maybe community service? id like to hear what he gets (if anything).

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

The penalty is death in any state if you pick the wrong house.

If I saw someone stealing **** from my neighbors house and I had a gun I wouldn't even call the cops. I'd just go out there and shoot their asses. Once their dead they can't be witnesses. I wish someone would have saw the guys stealing my stereo from my car and shot them.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

texas is the only state where what he did is legal 100%

proof Texas>*

Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 PM   #6
Regular

You're an idiot if you think Texas is the only state where Self Defense is legal.

Reddit
Old 11-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

No i'm not brent, he was defending ANOTHER persons property thats where the difference lies

Old 11-19-2007, 10:27 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You're an idiot if you think Texas is the only state where Self Defense is legal.
not really though. welcome to PC America. if someone enters your house to burglarize it, and you shoot them, if you dont get thrown in jail, it wont matter because the "Victims" family (ie you are not the victim, the ****tard who entered your house to steal your **** and got shot now is) will sue you and win. everywhere but Texas. Texas knows what the **** is up, thats why. in Texas, you step foot on someone's property, they have all the legal rights to KILL YOU.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #9
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslotsofnumbers
not really though. welcome to PC America. if someone enters your house to burglarize it, and you shoot them, if you dont get thrown in jail, it wont matter because the "Victims" family (ie you are not the victim, the ****tard who entered your house to steal your **** and got shot now is) will sue you and win. everywhere but Texas. Texas knows what the **** is up, thats why. in Texas, you step foot on someone's property, they have all the legal rights to KILL YOU.
OMFG Texas is not the only state in this country where if someone steps inside your house and you shoot them it's considered Self Defense.

Step outside of California for a second plz.

Quote:
No i'm not brent, he was defending ANOTHER persons property thats where the difference lies
Quote:
A state senator who authored a law passed this year giving Texans stronger rights to defend themselves with deadly force said he did not believe the legislation he spearheaded would apply to the Pasadena case, based on the sketchy facts that have emerged so far.

Sen. Jeff Wentworth, a San Antonio Republican, said the so-called castle doctrine law he wrote doesn't apply to people protecting their neighbors' property.

The measure "is not designed to have kind of a 'Law West of the Pecos' mentality or action," Wentworth said. "You're supposed to be able to defend your own home, your own family, in your house, your place of business or your motor vehicle."

Reddit
Old 11-19-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OMFG Texas is not the only state in this country where if someone steps inside your house and you shoot them it's considered Self Defense.

he was NOT INSIDE his house, he was in his neighbors lawn running away

Horn fatally shot the two men Wednesday afternoon with a 12-gauge shotgun after he saw them breaking into a neighbor's house. He confronted DeJesus and Ortiz as they were leaving the home through a gate leading to the front yard.

Horn called 911 first, and told a police dispatcher that he planned to kill the two men -- just moments before he opened fire. "I'm not going to let them go. I'm not going to let them get away with this," Joe Horn tells the dispatcher.

Moments later, Horn tells the operator: "I'm gonna shoot. I'm gonna shoot."

"Stay inside the house and don't go out there," the dispatcher tells Horn in a calm, measured voice. "I know what you're feeling, but it's not worth shooting someone over this."

The neighbors, who Horn told the dispatcher he did not know well, were not at home.

During the 911 call, which runs about six minutes, the dispatcher repeatedly tells Horn not to go outside or use his shotgun.
"Mr. Horn, I want you to listen to me carefully, OK? I've got officers coming out there. I don't want you to go outside that house and I don't want you to have that gun in your hand when the officers are poking around out there."
But Horn, who tells the operator that he is upset by a robbery happening in daylight, seems to brush those instructions aside, telling the dispatcher:

Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor View Post
he was NOT INSIDE his house, he was in his neighbors lawn running away
I was responding to Thomas' post. I'm well aware of where he shot them. Somehow my quote got screwed up and quoted you. That's why I said step outside of california.

Reddit
Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

^oh okay nevermind then

Old 11-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

I think it's grand. If I were to see someone breaking into my neighbors' house and I had a firearm and ammo, I'd stop them. I hope that he would do the same for me. (and I don't even like my neighbor)

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
I think it's grand. If I were to see someone breaking into my neighbors' house and I had a firearm and ammo, I'd stop them. I hope that he would do the same for me. (and I don't even like my neighbor)
+1...and since a dead man can't sue or testify...well...I would make it a good stop.

And, in NY State, it is also 100% legal to stop anyone that has entered your home without your permission...felon or not....it is falls under self defense...
Old 11-19-2007, 11:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
+1...and since a dead man can't sue or testify...well...I would make it a good stop.

And, in NY State, it is also 100% legal to stop anyone that has entered your home without your permission...felon or not....it is falls under self defense...
but thats not what happened

Old 11-19-2007, 11:34 PM   #16
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
I know...I was just addressing what brent had said above as well...

however, if you drag the body back in the house, then it would be legal.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:36 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
A state senator who authored a law passed this year giving Texans stronger rights to defend themselves with deadly force said he did not believe the legislation he spearheaded would apply to the Pasadena case, based on the sketchy facts that have emerged so far.

Sen. Jeff Wentworth, a San Antonio Republican, said the so-called castle doctrine law he wrote doesn't apply to people protecting their neighbors' property.

The measure "is not designed to have kind of a 'Law West of the Pecos' mentality or action," Wentworth said. "You're supposed to be able to defend your own home, your own family, in your house, your place of business or your motor vehicle."
Obviously the guy that wrote the law you are talking about didn't design it the way you are claiming it is designed.

Reddit
Old 11-20-2007, 12:10 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Obviously the guy that wrote the law you are talking about didn't design it the way you are claiming it is designed.
he may have written the law, but laws get changed between being written and being passed

Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
and actually thomas in tx they can still sue you but unless you are in Austin or Houston they will lose

the law in Texas protects from criminal suits not civil

Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwithnonumberskthxbye View Post

sure it isnt, and i am right with you. if anyone comes on your property, you have every right to defend yourself, and thats the way it should be. even if they just look suspicious, BOOM, headshot, looks like someone picked the wrong property to look suspicious on.

however it still does not protect you from getting sued by the families of the deceased, in which case even though you didnt get prosecuted for any criminal charges, the likelyhood that you wont owe some asshats for the rest of your life is low. just the way it is. which is what i think is total bull****, because once the family is done with you, you might as well just handed the guy all your **** cause you wont have anything left once its all said and done.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #21
Regular

Quote:
he may have written the law, but laws get changed between being written and being passed
Yes but this amazing state that you claim to be so awesome because it currently has laws that protect you from going to your neighbors house and killing people breaking into it..... doesn't really have laws that can do so.

Just laws that can be rewritten. Just like the other 49 states.

Reddit
Old 11-20-2007, 06:04 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

oh well.. two less criminal illegal immigrants

hmm, criminal illegal... is that a double negative? or just redundant?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:49 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Give that man a metal !!!!! I like the florida self defence law Florida's New Self-defence Law

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:09 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

+1. I totally agree, if they weren't breaking in someone's house, they wouldn't have been shot and killed in the first place. don't mess with people! lol.

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT ~Dominic~
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

i dont blame him, i dont think he should have any sentence or charges, i'm glad he did something.

i think i would personally have shot them from a distance with the shotgun, so it wouldn't kill em, but just incapacitate em...i know you can't know how far away to be etc...but i doubt i would have been closer than 15 feet as the report says. but i guess shooting from farther away could have had some shot potentially hit an innocent person...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #26

Region: Illinois

That man has my vote for neighbor of the year! i got to listen to the call on the radio yesterday, at the end i was wishing he was my neighbor
Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #27
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF View Post
i dont blame him, i dont think he should have any sentence or charges, i'm glad he did something.

i think i would personally have shot them from a distance with the shotgun, so it wouldn't kill em, but just incapacitate em...i know you can't know how far away to be etc...but i doubt i would have been closer than 15 feet as the report says. but i guess shooting from farther away could have had some shot potentially hit an innocent person...
Then they can testify in court against you...just like that piece of garbage did when those INS officers shot him in the *** and they ended up in prison for DOING THEIR JOBS!

Had they killed him, he couldn't have taken the stand against them and come off looking like a victim.

If you are going to take someone down for entering your property, or any property you feel the obligation to protect, rule #1 is to take them out. A dead man can not testify against you. Otherwise, you leave it open for them to claim you misunderstood their reason for being there.

In regards to the concept of the family suing for wrongful death, no court of law, nor jury, will rule against an individual protecting themselves. If the court does hear the case, because the person is dead, no one will be able to substantiate any claims other than self defense. Reason number 2 for making sure you take them down. I wouldn't do it with a head shot so at least the family could have an open casket...plus, a head shot will paint you in a negative light. With a shotgun, a 1 oz slug to the chest...or 00 buckshot to the chest will certainly take care of any worries you have about their survival.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Dead men tell no tales!

Old 11-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to likwuddeath06

legal or not, my family has some really good ties to the sherriffs department over here im limestone county, and Mike Blakely himself told all of us that if anyone ever tried to steal or do anything to your property that you feel was a threat to your life or the life of others, to SHOOT THEM DEAD AND DRAG THE BODY INSIDE, he then said- when i get there i'll overlook the blood trail :ar15: thats why mike blakely will be king of limestone county until he dies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
HAMBURGERS!!!!....The Cornerstone of any Nutritional Breakfast!
likwuddeath06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:09 PM   #30
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwuddeath06 View Post
legal or not, my family has some really good ties to the sherriffs department over here im limestone county, and Mike Blakely himself told all of us that if anyone ever tried to steal or do anything to your property that you feel was a threat to your life or the life of others, to SHOOT THEM DEAD AND DRAG THE BODY INSIDE, he then said- when i get there i'll overlook the blood trail :ar15: thats why mike blakely will be king of limestone county until he dies.
We were told the same thing by our local cops and the state troopers back in NY.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

the Update Texan Cleared in Controversial Shooting - AOL News
Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i actually got to hear that 911 call, they use it for training now

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Do they tell y'all that you should encourage such behaviour?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #34
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
i actually got to hear that 911 call, they use it for training now
They played it on the intrawebs too

Reddit