What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 104 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #3606
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Earning over $600 in the last few days just to turn around and have to but the complete a/c setup for my car...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #3607
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Waiting for my burrito to cool.
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #3608
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Having my jeep catch on fire
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #3609
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66
Having my jeep catch on fire
Nooooo! R u OK, is the Jeep OK?
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:44 AM   #3610
Registered Member
Regular

I'm fine. The jeep.... Idk the it's confined to the passenger area under dash but all the wires Are melted all because I didn't put a fuse for my off road lights. It's a powered antenna that caused it. It won't go up and down and the motor kept going and I didn't notice till I came back to my car and saw all the smoke. It got hot hot and melted the wire going into my car. It was red hot when I ripped it off the battery
Old 08-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #3611
Road Trip!

Quote:
I'm fine. The jeep.... Idk the it's confined to the passenger area under dash but all the wires Are melted all because I didn't put a fuse for my off road lights. It's a powered antenna that caused it. It won't go up and down and the motor kept going and I didn't notice till I came back to my car and saw all the smoke. It got hot hot and melted the wire going into my car. It was red hot when I ripped it off the battery
Dang dude at least you're OK
Old 08-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #3612
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah true. It's not as bad as I thought it was
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1402304773.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	62204   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1581851479.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	348.2 KB
ID:	62205  

Old 08-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #3613
Road Trip!

Quote:
Yeah true. It's not as bad as I thought it was
Cool is it still drivable?
Old 08-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #3614
Registered Member
Regular

I drove it home but I took it all apart to re-wire it lots of bare wires under
Old 08-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #3615
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Liars!

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

And free loaders! And in general cheap people.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #3616
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
Liars!

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

And free loaders! And in general cheap people.
Funny thing i learned about cheap people is that theyre normally very wealthy people and if you get tipped/whatever it comes from the people who dont have much
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #3617
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

Funny thing i learned about cheap people is that theyre normally very wealthy people and if you get tipped/whatever it comes from the people who dont have much
+1
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #3618
Pete Jones
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

Yep, got a buddy like that. Went to eat at a chinese place with him and his wife once. The waitress was there refilling our drinks and checking on us like she should. After we got the checks I threw a 5 dollar bill on the table.

My friend and his wife were like what are you doing? I said leaving a tip? They said don't give her 5 bucks! Leave like 2 bucks she didn't do anything.... Im like seriously? I still left the 5 on the table and they put in like a dollar. Kinda pissed me off.

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #3619
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX

Yep, got a buddy like that. Went to eat at a chinese place with him and his wife once. The waitress was there refilling our drinks and checking on us like she should. After we got the checks I threw a 5 dollar bill on the table.

My friend and his wife were like what are you doing? I said leaving a tip? They said don't give her 5 bucks! Leave like 2 bucks she didn't do anything.... Im like seriously? I still left the 5 on the table and they put in like a dollar. Kinda pissed me off.
Like a boss, cheapers
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #3620
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX

I always tip well, it seems like people appreciate it and when I return I get great service. The last time I got my hair cut, it was the guys birthday and he did a pretty good job so I gave him a 5. I think for a $12 haircut that is pretty good.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #3621
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

I always tip well, it seems like people appreciate it and when I return I get great service. The last time I got my hair cut, it was the guys birthday and he did a pretty good job so I gave him a 5. I think for a $12 haircut that is pretty good.
I try to tip well. I just don't have a lot of extra money. So, I tip what I can. But I try to tip 15% at least. Sometimes I tip the guy at great clips $5 if funds allow. No less than 2 usually 3. But here and there $5. Especially during the holidays.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #3622
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Sometimes good service goes a long way... I have 5 kids, 3 boys the lady that cuts my boys hair always gets a good tip, every once and a while she only charges me for cut instead of four... Good things come back to you
Nicks86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #3623
Registered Member
Regular

alright so if your at the store getting food and you have a massive cart and the bagger asks if you want help out and you say yes, atleast give the poor kid a $1.. don't be that prick. lol working in the 105 heat and having to push carts around outside sucks. if your not gonna tip, don't take the help out! we're getting minimum wage and a $1 tip makes anyone of our days! especially during the holidays, when it's really busy, it sucks. so be nice and give the poor kid a $1. NOT CHANGE. WE HATE IT.
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #3624
Registered Member
Regular

This doesn't really grind my gears but I could tell it did to the guy that worked at gamestop, this woman and her son where checking out and she asked " can you print me off a list of the ps2 games yall have" the guy said well there are about 1200 or more of them, she says okay and the guy kinda pauses, he says " well okay it will about 20 minutes" and she says "that's fine" and the guys face is just like wow really. I really don't think her 7 year old son has the attention span to read through at least 1200 game titles. It may not sound bad bad but if you were there you could tell the tension in there voices
dray492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #3625
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Re: What Grinds Your Gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dray492 View Post
This doesn't really grind my gears but I could tell it did to the guy that worked at gamestop, this woman and her son where checking out and she asked " can you print me off a list of the ps2 games yall have" the guy said well there are about 1200 or more of them, she says okay and the guy kinda pauses, he says " well okay it will about 20 minutes" and she says "that's fine" and the guys face is just like wow really. I really don't think her 7 year old son has the attention span to read through at least 1200 game titles. It may not sound bad bad but if you were there you could tell the tension in there voices
That sounds terrible!!! And yes tipping does go a long way, i work at an ice cream place as a buss boy, the waiters are required to tip us out a certain %, it may be only $5 that i leave with per day but it makes me feel better. Now what grinds my gears is when the waiters don't tip us out what they are supposed to, and they get over $200 in tips a day and only give me a $1, thats kind of like a slap in the face imo
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #3626
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
That sounds terrible!!! And yes tipping does go a long way, i work at an ice cream place as a buss boy, the waiters are required to tip us out a certain %, it may be only $5 that i leave with per day but it makes me feel better. Now what grinds my gears is when the waiters don't tip us out what they are supposed to, and they get over $200 in tips a day and only give me a $1, thats kind of like a slap in the face imo
that sucks man, but it does feel good to have just that much more money.
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:03 AM   #3627
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
ALLERGIES!!!! and the fact that i live beside a cornfield only makes them 10x worse. I literally can't breathe through my nose at all
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #3628
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483
alright so if your at the store getting food and you have a massive cart and the bagger asks if you want help out and you say yes, atleast give the poor kid a $1.. don't be that prick. lol working in the 105 heat and having to push carts around outside sucks. if your not gonna tip, don't take the help out! we're getting minimum wage and a $1 tip makes anyone of our days! especially during the holidays, when it's really busy, it sucks. so be nice and give the poor kid a $1. NOT CHANGE. WE HATE IT.
When I was a bagger at my store we weren't allowed to accept tips, I did anyway because if they fired me for that I wouldn't want to work there anyway, nothing ever came of it. The 3 months that I was a bagger (oct.-dec.) I probably got 40-50 bucks total. It isn't much, but it makes a huge difference. One person gave me $10, a five and five ones, so that really made me happy.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #3629
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dray492
Oh I know!!!!!!!! It's already grinding my gears, just reading it. I've worked in retail for almost 5 years.

It's the attitude like somehow since I work here,so you can treat me like a pile of dog crap! It really doesn't matter country, or gender. Men are just as rude less of them shop.

Like I'd never go through a store and just destroy their isles.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote:

When I was a bagger at my store we weren't allowed to accept tips, I did anyway because if they fired me for that I wouldn't want to work there anyway, nothing ever came of it. The 3 months that I was a bagger (oct.-dec.) I probably got 40-50 bucks total. It isn't much, but it makes a huge difference. One person gave me $10, a five and five ones, so that really made me happy.
I never get offered. But I'd give em $1 to bag $1 to walk it to the car, and $5 to load it up. That's almost an hours wage.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #3630
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

What grids my gears is that I came back from camp but my sister had 2 more weeks after me do she has my truck and let's just say that we already have a list of things to fix when she gets back.

1. Huge dent in driver side quarter panel
2. Broken driver side tail light
3. Broken passenger side mirror

I hope the list doesn't get any bigger than that, I'm already going to have to do my best to fix these before school starts 3 days later. I'm the guy at school that's known for being a car guy who has a nice and clean truck every day for school, having these problems isn't going to look good.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 08-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #3631
Registered Member
Regular

The temporary work permit Immigration plan requirements
In US before age 16
Under age 30
Must lived in US for at least 5 years
Must have gone to school or military
This is so stupid, allow anybody to get the work permit, your already charging $465 for only 2 years.
This is freaking ridiculous

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote:
What grids my gears is that I came back from camp but my sister had 2 more weeks after me do she has my truck and let's just say that we already have a list of things to fix when she gets back.

1. Huge dent in driver side quarter panel
2. Broken driver side tail light
3. Broken passenger side mirror

I hope the list doesn't get any bigger than that, I'm already going to have to do my best to fix these before school starts 3 days later. I'm the guy at school that's known for being a car guy who has a nice and clean truck every day for school, having these problems isn't going to look good.
Dude that definitely sucks
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #3632
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch
In US before age 16
Under age 30
This is so stupid, allow anybody to get the work permit, your already charging $465 for only 2 years.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

How's tht stupid? Allowing workers or underprivileged to get work. And to get it you must have no criminal background as well.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #3633
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

How's tht stupid? Allowing workers or underprivileged to get work. And to get it you must have no criminal background as well.
Underprivileged, to me the plan should allow anybody to obtain a permit. And no not ones with criminal records, idiots who come to this country to be idiots don't deserve it but the ones who come to have a better life YES
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #3634
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Underprivileged, to me the plan should allow anybody to obtain a permit. And no not ones with criminal records, idiots who come to this country to be idiots don't deserve it but the ones who come to have a better life YES
Sorry I read it wrong I thought you were against it. Yea for people to get a better life
Old 08-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #3635
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sorry I read it wrong I thought you were against it. Yea for people to get a better life
Jaja it's all good
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #3636
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
In US before age 16
Under age 30

I'm pretty sure the dent doesn't have a crease so we might be able to pop it out, the other stuff is just cheap parts that have to be ordered and replaced.... But still lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 08-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #3637
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the dent doesn't have a crease so we might be able to pop it out, the other stuff is just cheap parts that have to be ordered and replaced.... But still lol
True but that's money spent that could've been used for umm anything else ;>„ glad it wasn't terrible
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #3638
Registered Member
Regular

So I talked to my buddy the mechanic and he said to not go higher than 3.73 he says tht 4.10 will make a wine noise above 65 and tht I will loose top end. Is it true about the noise?

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote:
So I talked to my buddy the mechanic and he said to not go higher than 3.73 he says tht 4.10 will make a wine noise above 65 and tht I will loose top end. Is it true about the noise?
Shoot sorry wrong thread
Old 08-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #3639
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Shoot sorry wrong thread
They make noise only when installed incorrectly.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #3640
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Redundant threads...
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar