What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 212 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #7386
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
Son of a *****!!!!
Nooooooo!!!!! What happened?!
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #7387
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post

Nooooooo!!!!! What happened?!
See my above post, I smacked the corner of a huge railroad tie bridge, think I'm gonna be sick...
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #7388
Registered Member
Regular
 
1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Benito
Region: Texas
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post

See my above post, I smacked the corner of a huge railroad tie bridge, think I'm gonna be sick...
Sorry to hear that. But remember a jeep is replaceable your kids are not
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #7389
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Hmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post

See my above post, I smacked the corner of a huge railroad tie bridge, think I'm gonna be sick...
Sorry I didn't see that ... sorry
__________________
VOTE For MOTM!!!!!!
Hmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #7390
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
Son of a *****!!!!
Sorry to see that. 1998 is right, but it still sucks.
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #7391
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,415
Realizing I will need to go through car washes during the winter, if I want to get the salt off my Mach. I just can't dry it fast enough to keep the water from freezing. Plus, I'm freezing my giblets off!
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #7392
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Realizing I will need to go through car washes during the winter, if I want to get the salt off my Mach. I just can't dry it fast enough to keep the water from freezing. Plus, I'm freezing my giblets off!
I bought a used chevy to beet the crap out if this winter! The stang is tucked away in a climate controlled storage unit lol

I feel your pain tho last winter all I had to drive was my stang.
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #7393
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Stumbling upon a jersey whore pic on instagram :fail: :horrible: :eyegouging:
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #7394
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post

I bought a used chevy to beet the crap out if this winter! The stang is tucked away in a climate controlled storage unit lol

I feel your pain tho last winter all I had to drive was my stang.
I wanna pickup a beater so bad, but just can't do it right now. I really need to get my wife a new car. Hopefully we can do that in a year or two and I'll drive her old car.
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #7395
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

I wanna pickup a beater so bad, but just can't do it right now. I really need to get my wife a new car. Hopefully we can do that in a year or two and I'll drive her old car.
I got me a 2002 chevy venture for $1,000 and it runs great haha
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #7396
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post

I got me a 2002 chevy venture for $1,000 and it runs great haha
But it's a MINIVAN!!!!!! :O
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #7397
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

But it's a MINIVAN!!!!!! :O
I'd drive one if keep my baby away from the yuk in the winter. Anything but a Prius
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #7398
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

I'd drive one if keep my baby away from the yuk in the winter. Anything but a Prius
I agree!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #7399
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

I'd drive one if keep my baby away from the yuk in the winter. Anything but a Prius
Oh come on you know you love prius'
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #7400
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
When hoes drink all my drink and dont even say thank you
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #7401
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

Back away.
Yeah its looking that way =\
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #7402
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tyoung68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: concord
Region: California
Posts: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Dude your paying into his benefits, you just might need your own someday.
I didnt mean to use my mom gave me my number years ago and i never thought to check it till now
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #7403
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66

I didnt mean to use my mom gave me my number years ago and i never thought to check it till now
Got ya, I'd contact social security and explain it to them. They might be able to recoup your money. When I wasn't working out of the union hall when younger, I worked for cash a lot. I'm paying for it now.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #7404
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Everytime I look at it I just get more and more pissed....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2998955750.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	487.4 KB
ID:	84123   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-823701410.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	393.2 KB
ID:	84124  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-197391673.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	388.8 KB
ID:	84125   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2061196218.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	84126  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1409678049.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	460.1 KB
ID:	84127  
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #7405
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
Everytime I look at it I just get more and more pissed....
Dude, you have insurance....it could have been a lot worse like my dads jeep accident out on 72 outside Wilmington...your kids are safe..
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #7406
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
On a side note saw this guy a little while ago on my way home...wish I was on the stang..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4089547937.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	84139  
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #7407
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post

Dude, you have insurance....it could have been a lot worse like my dads jeep accident out on 72 outside Wilmington...your kids are safe..
That I do but I have to get an estimate from my body shop before I decide to make a claim, I really don't want it totaled out( the tub is ripped open at the firewall seam) but I also want to buy it back if they do, only problem is nowadays you can't buy a vehicle back for $500 bucks and I still owe some dough. Just afraid I won't be able to get it back if they do.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #7408
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #7409
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
^^^ my dog says that a lot
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #7410
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcoyotepony
^^^ my dog says that a lot
Lol, so that's how you pronounce that.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #7411
Registered Member
Regular
 
cheelyb09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,262
People who cant say my name right or spell it right.ughhhhh.its spelled racheel not rachel and its pronounced racheel(rachelle) not rachel.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #7412
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post

That I do but I have to get an estimate from my body shop before I decide to make a claim, I really don't want it totaled out( the tub is ripped open at the firewall seam) but I also want to buy it back if they do, only problem is nowadays you can't buy a vehicle back for $500 bucks and I still owe some dough. Just afraid I won't be able to get it back if they do.
Why can't you?? Two years ago in Chilli they told me it was between 2-5% of what they paid me to buy the car back...
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #7413
Registered Member
Regular
 
Saucywalnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 239
The hospital giving me drugs to give me heartburn without telling me
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #7414
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post

Why can't you?? Two years ago in Chilli they told me it was between 2-5% of what they paid me to buy the car back...
Thing is I don't know how much they would actualy give me for the jeep, it's an 04 with 86k miles, lifted on 33s, I would just hate them to be like ok well give you 14 for it and if you want it back it'll be 5 grand, buddy of mine totaled his superduty a few years back got 15 for it and they told him 5-6k to buy it back and it was beyond drive able. One new tie rod on mine and I can drive it again.

Insurance advised me I go get a quote before claiming so I guess I'll try to get to a ship before they close after work and see what they say.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #7415
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post

Thing is I don't know how much they would actualy give me for the jeep, it's an 04 with 86k miles, lifted on 33s, I would just hate them to be like ok well give you 14 for it and if you want it back it'll be 5 grand, buddy of mine totaled his superduty a few years back got 15 for it and they told him 5-6k to buy it back and it was beyond drive able. One new tie rod on mine and I can drive it again.

Insurance advised me I go get a quote before claiming so I guess I'll try to get to a ship before they close after work and see what they say.
But even if they gave you 14 for it and it cost you 5 to get it back, that leaves you 9k. A new tub is what 2-3? Another 1 max for paint....wait till summer and do it all yourself and you just made 6k..
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #7416
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
I hate it for you bud, I know it sux. But that thing is far from totaled. Repairs must exceed 70% of value in order to total.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #7417
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post

But even if they gave you 14 for it and it cost you 5 to get it back, that leaves you 9k. A new tub is what 2-3? Another 1 max for paint....wait till summer and do it all yourself and you just made 6k..
Nah, from firewall to tail lights it's under a grand through daveys jeeps, I still owe on the jeep, I think it's under 10 as I've ha it for roughly 2 years which leaves me. 2 years left. I'm gonna see what the body shop says and if its not totaled ill just go buy a new fender and have my buddy get the damage out of the tub.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #7418
Registered Member
Regular
 
roushcoyotepony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Region: Arizona
Posts: 134
Trying to go on a little scenic drive on a lovely winding road with no shoulder and having to repeatedly deal with bikers riding two deep and without respect for cars. You guys have like five thousand miles of bike trails in the area and I pay taxes to maintain this road I would just like to leisurely and safely drive the speed limit on it thank you!
roushcoyotepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #7419
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by roushcoyotepony View Post
Trying to go on a little scenic drive on a lovely winding road with no shoulder and having to repeatedly deal with bikers riding two deep and without respect for cars. You guys have like five thousand miles of bike trails in the area and I pay taxes to maintain this road I would just like to leisurely and safely drive the speed limit on it thank you!
Dang I hate that!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #7420
Registered Member
Regular
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 1,653
Accident debris crap on the road, pick that shiz up,, :double-facepalm:
__________________
I love speed and Nascar driving,,,
killing gears and dodging traffic,,,
-----NEHP---
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ok...3.55 vs 3.73 vs 4.10 Gears illestdomer2005 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 16 01-17-2015 10:17 PM
Gears alexak187 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 01-17-2012 10:34 AM
3:55 Gears vs 3:73 gears 06Blue 2005-2010 Mustang GT 19 01-04-2012 07:57 PM
Gears and t lock 98projectpony Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 13 12-31-2011 10:52 AM
Gears Jesse Bach General Car Discussion 2 08-11-2011 07:19 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:16 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.