What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 281 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #9801
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I don't know what of the sexes is more cruel women or men?
I do know by studies that more men kill themselves then women.
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #9802
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I think i read a study that showed more women killed their husbands than the other way around. I could be wrong. Maybe I just heard it on the news.

Either way, I hope that one day, people start to understand that life is too short to play with anybody else's feelings. If people don't want to be with other people, don't suck them in and use them. Be stand up. Tell them, I don't want u. Don't get what u can get and then be like, well, I'm goin back to my ex. I am a firm believer in how u treat people will always come back on u. U can't treat people like dirt and it not come back on u in one way or another.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #9803
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
I think i read a study that showed more women killed their husbands than the other way around. I could be wrong. Maybe I just heard it on the news.

Now that's creepy as heck, I know female species like crabs and insects the female kills them.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #9804
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
When i cant make up my mind...
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #9805
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
When i cant make up my mind...
That's good one!
If I was to choose from "one car" 1969 Shelby GT350 or 1971 Mustang Mach 1 I would freak out.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #9806
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordguy View Post

Now that's creepy as heck, I know female species like crabs and insects the female kills them.
Yeah I think the black widow does that.

Around here there are more of the men killing the wives then killing themselves. It's crazy!! But I've always said if you're gonna hit me you better make sure I don't get up because when I do I'm gonna be your worst nightmare.

That sucks for your grandpa!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #9807
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Yeah I think the black widow does that. Around here there are more of the men killing the wives then killing themselves. It's crazy!! But I've always said if you're gonna hit me you better make sure I don't get up. Bc I'm gonna be your worst nightmare when I do get up.
I think the whole world going crazy it's best to not get crazy with them
Old 04-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #9808
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:

I think the whole world going crazy it's best to not get crazy with them
Isn't that the truth but I think my ship on that has sailed hahaha
Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #9809
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Mustang hate, It seems like everyone here hates on mustangs. Also people saying I drive like a *******, I bought and mod my car to go fast why do you expect me to drive like I own a Prius?
It grinds my gears when idiots buy Prii. So, you spent 30k on a car to drive like an idiot?

You bought a Prius, race to 25 over the speed limit, then slam on your brakes.

I was driving yesterday, and a Volt is riding my butt. I am doing 63 in a 55.

So he races-well, as much a volt can- and gets around me, to slam on his brakes at the car in front of me. I coast, never use my brakes, and barely use any throttle. He races around that car, and a few hundred yards up, slows to terrible crawl to make a turn. Clearly there was no emergency, it was just an idiot.

So on my cruise, I got 34 mpg. That 40k+ volt probably still got the same or better, but why get that to drive like an idiot? I was speeding, driving intelligently, and watching the road. Driving like an idiot got no where, we were at the same streets, lights, and points at seconds a part.

Oh, that light has been green for a while, and the crossing light says stop.
I think, let's coast.
He thinks, DURR-Does the right pedal make me go slow?

And I coast to it, cross the light - at green - at 30 mph. He has to start from zero.

Wtf. Why? Why. Why do people think a volt, prius, other stereotypical eco car means drive like grand theft auto means pedal = on off switch.

People make no sense sometimes. Sorry redstang, nothing to do with you, your post just made me think of the idiots who buy eco cars as on/off switches.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #9810
Registered Member
Regular

Oh don't get me started on Prius topic or any hybrid, yet the Tesla Type S is the world's most powerful electric car with over 400 HP. It can outrun a BMW M5.

But yea hybrids are kinda pointless and a scam, Diesel cars cost the same as hybrid and get better MPG then gasoline cars.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #9811
Registered Member

Regular

The female praying mantis mates with her lover then rips off his head. That's love.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #9812
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
The female praying mantis mates with her lover then rips off his head. That's love.
Story of my life
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #9813
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep they do, they also look like aliens, sometimes I wonder if we was dropped off here by aliens because we on alien world, we was a test subject.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #9814
Registered Member

Regular

Yes! That sounds about right to me.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #9815
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Woman
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #9816
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post
Woman
That's why i don't deal with most of them :p
Old 04-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #9817
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:

Either way, I hope that one day, people start to understand that life is too short to play with anybody else's feelings. If people don't want to be with other people, don't suck them in and use them. Be stand up. Tell them, I don't want u. Don't get what u can get and then be like, well, I'm goin back to my ex. I am a firm believer in how u treat people will always come back on u. U can't treat people like dirt and it not come back on u in one way or another.
Exactly what happens to me. This girl pursued me for months. Finally she left her husband and filed for a legal separation. So I finally decided to take her out. We had an amazing couple of months. One morning a dozen roses shows up at her place with a letter 5 pages long. Next thing I know she won't answer my texts or calls. I find out through my cousin that she went back to him. A week later she is back talking to me, being sweet and flirting. My guess is so the next time she gets sick of her a** of a husband she can come to me for a good time. I got sucked right in. Lessons learned.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #9818
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh don't get me started on Prius topic or any hybrid, yet the Tesla Type S is the world's most powerful electric car with over 400 HP. It can outrun a BMW M5.

But yea hybrids are kinda pointless and a scam, Diesel cars cost the same as hybrid and get better MPG then gasoline cars.
I wouldn't say pointless, the cars are brilliant in many regards. Are you comparing hybrid vs diesel, or what? A diesel costing as much as a hybrid may get better fuel economy than a gas car, but not like a hybrid.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #9819
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post

Exactly what happens to me. This girl pursued me for months. Finally she left her husband and filed for a legal separation. So I finally decided to take her out. We had an amazing couple of months. One morning a dozen roses shows up at her place with a letter 5 pages long. Next thing I know she won't answer my texts or calls. I find out through my cousin that she went back to him. A week later she is back talking to me, being sweet and flirting. My guess is so the next time she gets sick of her a** of a husband she can come to me for a good time. I got sucked right in. Lessons learned.
Yeah, u don't want in the middle of all that. If u r meant to be with this person, it'll happen drama free. Anytime somebody else is involved, especially in a marriage, u have to know its never gonna be good and u will always have him to deal with until after they are divorced. Don't set yourself up to get hurt man. Don't let her use u. If she wants to be with you. Set stipulations. That being, not married. Don't settle. She's the one with major baggage. Don't let anybody ever treat u in a way you don't like. There are too many women who will treat you the way you should be treated.

I thank god for my wife.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #9820
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I wouldn't say pointless, the cars are brilliant in many regards. Are you comparing hybrid vs diesel, or what? A diesel costing as much as a hybrid may get better fuel economy than a gas car, but not like a hybrid.
Nope it's a scam to make more money it's not making the world better if anything it still the same as it was before but now it be harmful batteries throw out toxic stuff and things that was not environmentally friendly in the first place.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #9821
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah, I agree with that^ had a convo with the ford dealer about this same subject. Life expectancy of the batteries is 8 years. By the time you replace those (all the pollution) and buy new ones. You could have bought gas for a Shelby and paid the payment lol.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #9822
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:

Yeah, u don't want in the middle of all that. If u r meant to be with this person, it'll happen drama free. Anytime somebody else is involved, especially in a marriage, u have to know its never gonna be good and u will always have him to deal with until after they are divorced. Don't set yourself up to get hurt man. Don't let her use u. If she wants to be with you. Set stipulations. That being, not married. Don't settle. She's the one with major baggage. Don't let anybody ever treat u in a way you don't like. There are too many women who will treat you the way you should be treated.

I thank god for my wife.
Same thing a very good friend told me. Just sucks getting taken advantage of. Thanks for helping out. I'm working on moving forward. It's just not easy. It's hard to believe that all that was said and all that happened was for nothing.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #9823
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulls98GT View Post

Same thing a very good friend told me. Just sucks getting taken advantage of. Thanks for helping out. I'm working on moving forward. It's just not easy. It's hard to believe that all that was said and all that happened was for nothing.
Don't view it like that brother. It's never for nothing. It's for a lesson that it'll never happen to you again. As you go forward, set yourself up for success, not failure. That setup is always gonna be tough. Be you. Search or let naturally happen a relationship that is what u want with somebody who equally wants to or can be with you.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #9824
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I agree with that^ had a convo with the ford dealer about this same subject. Life expectancy of the batteries is 8 years. By the time you replace those (all the pollution) and buy new ones. You could have bought gas for a Shelby and paid the payment lol.
Yep and if all cars move to batteries we gonna encounter the battery environment issue, this why I don't trust government to make decisions like this for us. They been wrong before.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #9825
Registered Member

Regular

Where is the steam engine? Lol

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Do a search for wood gas technology or car that runs on garbage. Pretty interesting stuff there.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #9826
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where is the steam engine? Lol
I can tell you this though scientists at the University of Illinois have been developing microbatteries. Only a few millimeters long, these batteries may pave the way for electronics to become smaller and thinner, while still providing enough energy to be highly effective. The best part: it recharges 1000 times faster than current batteries.
Someday cars will run off battery that small as 12 volt that we use. But that day may not come until later in life but until then electric cars not needed it's a big waste on batteries and stuff that not necessary.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #9827
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Getting the run around on a job offer. They offered me the job based on background check and drug test. I've been following up because they didn't get my test results back supposedly. I called the lab, they said, we sent them 16 days ago. So I'm like are you wasting my time, or do I have the Job? I don't care if I don't, but stop wasting my time.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #9828
Registered Member
Regular

What else grinds my gears??
People that say they want to buy a car from me and don't show up.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #9829
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford
Getting the run around on a job offer. They offered me the job based on background check and drug test. I've been following up because they didn't get my test results back supposedly. I called the lab, they said, we sent them 16 days ago. So I'm like are you wasting my time, or do I have the Job? I don't care if I don't, but stop wasting my time.
Call the labor board, ther not allowed to test you with out hiring you.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #9830
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's why i don't deal with most of them :p
Haha i had to this time usually i just say sorry to end it so she will quit *****ing but this time i wasn't going to let it slide
Old 04-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #9831
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
What else grinds my gears??
People that say they want to buy a car from me and don't show up.
Oh man that sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Call the labor board, ther not allowed to test you with out hiring you.
Hmm I'll look into that.

Quote:

Haha i had to this time usually i just say sorry to end it so she will quit *****ing but this time i wasn't going to let it slide
Better to be wanted than not but some girls need to realize it.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #9832
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
I'm having more and more of those moments lately, which isn't to good considering I'm married. maybe my old lady will get the hint and figure a few things out. she's not a great "housewife" but when i have a job (now 2 jobs) and she has no job. Sorry, being a Housewife/mom is your full time job....

Maybe that sounds a bit sexist but that's how I view it. I'm out working a full time job to bring in money, you can work a full time job at home to keep the house together.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

In the effort of making it sound not as sexist, If she actually had a paying job it would be different and everything would be split up better, but she doesn't......yet.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #9833
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Oh man that sucks

Hmm I'll look into that.

Better to be wanted than not but some girls need to realize it.
Very true but sometimes it just needs to be said.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #9834
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post

I'm having more and more of those moments lately, which isn't to good considering I'm married. maybe my old lady will get the hint and figure a few things out. she's not a great "housewife" but when i have a job (now 2 jobs) and she has no job. Sorry, being a Housewife/mom is your full time job....

Maybe that sounds a bit sexist but that's how I view it. I'm out working a full time job to bring in money, you can work a full time job at home to keep the house together.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

In the effort of making it sound not as sexist, If she actually had a paying job it would be different and everything would be split up better, but she doesn't......yet.
I understand what you are saying i see it the same way even tho im only 18 haha
Old 04-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #9835
Registered Member
Regular

The fact that I have to sit here with this view because some douchbags decided it would be a good idea to steal the 10" steel drain covers to knock the cast aluminum lights off the side of the garage for scrap. We have been chasing this guy all f'ing night. He's part gazelle I tell ya...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1177457942.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	104458  

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar