What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 282 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #9836
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post

I'm having more and more of those moments lately, which isn't to good considering I'm married. maybe my old lady will get the hint and figure a few things out. she's not a great "housewife" but when i have a job (now 2 jobs) and she has no job. Sorry, being a Housewife/mom is your full time job....

Maybe that sounds a bit sexist but that's how I view it. I'm out working a full time job to bring in money, you can work a full time job at home to keep the house together.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

In the effort of making it sound not as sexist, If she actually had a paying job it would be different and everything would be split up better, but she doesn't......yet.
I understand your point exactly. My wife lost her job so I went out and got two....the house went to **** until recently when she pulled the stick out of her @$$ and cleaned the whole house up in a day and a half. Now her muscles are sore.... :,(

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #9837
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Our house is a disaster anyway because we went from a 1200sqft house to an 800sqfr apartment.... but still ridiculous. She's about sick of it now maybe soon she'll get it cleaned up. I keep trying to get her to understand that the last thing I want to do on my time off is clean the house. I'd rather spend the time with my family playing or out on the town

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #9838
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordguy View Post

Nope it's a scam to make more money it's not making the world better if anything it still the same as it was before but now it be harmful batteries throw out toxic stuff and things that was not environmentally friendly in the first place.
It's definitely not a scam. Formula one is basing technology off of a hybrid development, ever hear of KERS? We can recycle batteries. So true, if you throw it in the trash, it's wasted like petrol. If its recycled, it can be reused. So, since you are anti the waste of precious resources- except gas, how did you post this? Since computers, mobile phones, tablets, some light bulbs, televisions, so on, use the same resources.

Hybrids and electrics are exchanging one vice for the other, we stop using so much petrol, and use other materials. Personally, electric and hybrid is a waste. I am all for hydrogen fuel cells, and with enough solar, wind, and water power, it COULD actually be clean. But to say its a scam, when they are clearly way more efficient, is just not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Yeah, I agree with that^ had a convo with the ford dealer about this same subject. Life expectancy of the batteries is 8 years. By the time you replace those (all the pollution) and buy new ones. You could have bought gas for a Shelby and paid the payment lol.
Haha, nope. MAYBE a v6 that is modified and driven death fully slow could balance out in 10 years. MAYBE. This makes me think you don't know anything about ANY hybrids, or the GT500.

Fusion hybrid 27,200
GT500 54,650

F-47 mpg CITY and highway.
G-24 HIGHWAY.

So, if you drove TWICE as far in the Fusion as the GT500, and the battery cost 20,000 (they don't, closer to 5 or less.), then they would even out. So, no.

Quote:

Yep and if all cars move to batteries we gonna encounter the battery environment issue, this why I don't trust government to make decisions like this for us. They been wrong before.
Where did the government come into this? Lol, I sense the conspiracy theories coming....yes, if we as people are ignorant and throw away valuable precious metals and materials, then batteries will be extinct one day. I am not arguing for batteries or hybrids, I want hydrogen fuel cells- but the argument that hybrids are worthless, or a scam is ridiculous. I know someone with a first gen Prius for a company car. He drives like an a hole in it and attempts to get the WORSE mpg as possible. He has never had a tank under 31 mpg. It's almost 10 years old, original battery, and still puts out.

Quote:

I can tell you this though scientists at the University of Illinois have been developing microbatteries. Only a few millimeters long, these batteries may pave the way for electronics to become smaller and thinner, while still providing enough energy to be highly effective. The best part: it recharges 1000 times faster than current batteries.
Someday cars will run off battery that small as 12 volt that we use. But that day may not come until later in life but until then electric cars not needed it's a big waste on batteries and stuff that not necessary.
Do you have a link to their research? To me, electricity is a waste. HYDROGEN FUEL CELLS! Lol. Unlikely to happen. People want a quick fix, aka electric, not a complete overhaul of our infrastructure-which being clean and renewable, would last as long as we wanted it and maintained it.

But, of they build the perfect 500 hp 95 mpg car tomorrow that runs off water and never breaks, no one would ever buy anything else.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #9839
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

It's definitely not a scam. Formula one is basing technology off of a hybrid development, ever hear of KERS? We can recycle batteries. So true, if you throw it in the trash, it's wasted like petrol. If its recycled, it can be reused. So, since you are anti the waste of precious resources- except gas, how did you post this? Since computers, mobile phones, tablets, some light bulbs, televisions, so on, use the same resources.

Hybrids and electrics are exchanging one vice for the other, we stop using so much petrol, and use other materials. Personally, electric and hybrid is a waste. I am all for hydrogen fuel cells, and with enough solar, wind, and water power, it COULD actually be clean. But to say its a scam, when they are clearly way more efficient, is just not true.

Haha, nope. MAYBE a v6 that is modified and driven death fully slow could balance out in 10 years. MAYBE. This makes me think you don't know anything about ANY hybrids, or the GT500.

Fusion hybrid 27,200
GT500 54,650

G-24 HIGHWAY.

So, if you drove TWICE as far in the Fusion as the GT500, and the battery cost 20,000 (they don't, closer to 5 or less.), then they would even out. So, no.

Where did the government come into this? Lol, I sense the conspiracy theories coming....yes, if we as people are ignorant and throw away valuable precious metals and materials, then batteries will be extinct one day. I am not arguing for batteries or hybrids, I want hydrogen fuel cells- but the argument that hybrids are worthless, or a scam is ridiculous. I know someone with a first gen Prius for a company car. He drives like an a hole in it and attempts to get the WORSE mpg as possible. He has never had a tank under 31 mpg. It's almost 10 years old, original battery, and still puts out.

Do you have a link to their research? To me, electricity is a waste. HYDROGEN FUEL CELLS! Lol. Unlikely to happen. People want a quick fix, aka electric, not a complete overhaul of our infrastructure-which being clean and renewable, would last as long as we wanted it and maintained it.

But, of they build the perfect 500 hp 95 mpg car tomorrow that runs off water and never breaks, no one would ever buy anything else.
Ever heard of the 1962 Chrysler Turbine?
That could run on any fuel source, what happened to that?
We already knew about cleaner fuel sources but something held it back.
Yes when money and power comes in place conspiracy theories seem to rise, it's the fight for ideas and others try say the idea not good and buy the idea out and destroy it and use their idea. This was the car of the future and still is, what happen to ruining more efficient and running on better fuel? Why are we still on old tech from 1900's on fuel?? And to think 4 cylinder cars can be more powerful then bigger engines, V6 and V8 just burn extra fuel, thus why other countries have cut back on emissions. Why are we not doing that? Something not right here...
Why are we only with hybrids? The big makers not allowed to make cars like Tesla? It's all fishy if you ask me. I think if Tesla was big as Ford or GM something will happen to them just like this Chrysler Turbine?
This 2013 we should be more ahead by now.

Here is the link
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0416151929.htm
And
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0205115808.htm
Old 04-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #9840
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post

Fusion hybrid 27,200
GT500 54,650

G-24 HIGHWAY.

^ I don't think someone ate their wheaties. Pretty sure I know anything you could possibly need to know about my gt500. Pretty sure I know all I wanna know about any hybrid. Pretty sure I never asked your opinion. Pretty sure if they were given away a hybrid, id still be drivin my Shelby. The statement was not about mpg. It was about battery disposal as it relates to environmental waste and damage. If you want to debate it, call Morristown Ford and ask for Chris. He can explain to you that by the time you buy the hybrid and drive it 8 years and replace the batteries, it will cost you more to drive than your average car.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #9841
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^ I don't think someone ate their wheaties. Pretty sure I know anything you could possibly need to know about my gt500. Pretty sure I know all I wanna know about any hybrid. Pretty sure I never asked your opinion. Pretty sure if they were given away a hybrid, id still be drivin my Shelby. The statement was not about mpg. It was about battery disposal as it relates to environmental waste and damage. If you want to debate it, call Morristown Ford and ask for Chris. He can explain to you that by the time you buy the hybrid and drive it 8 years and replace the batteries, it will cost you more to drive than your average car.
The batteries are expensive, first you buy the car $40,000 then buy batteries later for $20,000+ in 8 years, plus the extra $10k you pay for the car, but most people are using cars as disposable transportation, likely most will not keep them for 8 years and they end up getting recycled and never used again, there be no history of cars after everyone dose this, they all be recycled and would be seen as disposables and no one would care for them anymore, I think this would change alot.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #9842
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Guess you any buy rechargeable duracells
08SteedaQ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #9843
Registered Member

Regular

That pretty much sums up the exact point. I agree with alternative energy sources but I think we are a long way from getting there. If battered were smaller and more efficient, that would be different. Not to mention cheaper.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #9844
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350 View Post
I used rechargeable AA batteries for my camera yes, too expensive to buy basic batteries.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #9845
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Lol. I do try to buy rechargeable when possible. I try to recycle. Lol. Reduce, reuse and recycle. The small city i live in is just putting a few things in place.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #9846
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-620689440.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	443.7 KB
ID:	104508

My $1,030 rental car fee for 2 weeks while dickheads take their time repainting and doing a few upgrades on my car.
'Done' date was pushed back from last Friday, to Wednesday, to yesterday, now I get it back today.
Not to mention, I spent $600 on shipping fees to get parts overnighted so they could start work immediately, only for them to not start work for 9 days after I sent my car to them. Then I pay for a rental car while my car isn't being worked on. And wasted $600 on overnight fees for my car to sit there for 9 more days.
That PISSES me off
Old 04-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #9847
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah, I'd Tellem that you paid for a rental according to the done date the shop gave you and nobody can afford to keep paying for a rental. If they tried to push it off another minute, I'd throw a fit.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #9848
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I'd Tellem that you paid for a rental according to the done date the shop gave you and nobody can afford to keep paying for a rental. If they tried to push it off another minute, I'd throw a fit.
I sent them a copy of the bill. And they know how pissed I am. And they know that they better have it back today. Anything less is unacceptable.
Especially when I paid for the entire job up front before any work was started
Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #9849
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 104508

My $1,030 rental car fee for 2 weeks while dickheads take their time repainting and doing a few upgrades on my car.
'Done' date was pushed back from last Friday, to Wednesday, to yesterday, now I get it back today.
Not to mention, I spent $600 on shipping fees to get parts overnighted so they could start work immediately, only for them to not start work for 9 days after I sent my car to them. Then I pay for a rental car while my car isn't being worked on. And wasted $600 on overnight fees for my car to sit there for 9 more days.
That PISSES me off
This why I need have friends, I happen to have rental discounts with the job I work for.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #9850
Registered Member
Regular

Damn. That was my discount I get thru my insurance too.
Feel like I just got beat over the head and my wallet stolen

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

And I still have to go have all my suspension work done. There is nothing wrong with it, I'm just upgrading all that too.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #9851
Registered Member

Regular

No doubt! If they have cash in hand for everything, there is no excuse for them not to be 24-7 to get it done and it done right. Do they guarantee there work?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #9852
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No doubt! If they have cash in hand for everything, there is no excuse for them not to be 24-7 to get it done and it done right. Do they guarantee there work?
Exactly.
Yeah lifetime warranty on all work.
Excellent body/paint guy. But they need to get things done.
If its gonna be Saturday, don't tell me it'll be Wednesday or Friday. Don't tell me what I wanna hear. Just be real and be up front. Then I won't be pissed. Ill just be bummed. But when you tell me one day, and then it happens 3-4 days later, it just leads me to believe that you aren't working on my **** while I'm paying for a rental
Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #9853
Registered Member
Regular

Know what really grinds our gears???
When you in parking lot and come back to find your car all beat up by other car doors.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #9854
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Know what really grinds our gears???
When you in parking lot and come back to find your car all beat up by other car doors.
I'd be knockin heads
Old 04-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #9855
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd be knockin heads
Yep and more likely get a car like this and stay in the car and if anyone hits it with their car door I just open my door when they leave and hit it a few times more and leave
This car be known as the spreading virus, hit it with your car door and your newer looking car be trashed too.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #9856
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yep and more likely get a car like this and stay in the car and if anyone hits it with their car door I just open my door when they leave and hit it a few times more and leave
Lol i never park next to someone that has damage and dents on their car. Cause it already shows what kinda damage they can inflict on someone else's car
Old 04-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #9857
Registered Member

Regular

^ awhhhhh what memories lol. Looks like the Abbott families first ride lol!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #9858
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason
I had someone slam their door into my car while I was sitting in it. I said something to them too, but they ignored me and walked off into the store. I made sure no cameras were looking, looked at the place they bashed my car, then carved I am a stupid **** who slams my door into others cars into their car door.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #9859
Registered Member

Regular

Cracks me up how we have this convo going on in 2 threads. Lmao
Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #9860
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cracks me up how we have this convo going on in 2 threads. Lmao
Haha it was from another forum I with, only has a few members I know the admin.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #9861
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Quote:
You would think cash in hand would make them want to work on it faster. Because the faster they get your car out the faster they can get another one in there....

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #9862
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post

You would think cash in hand would make them want to work on it faster. Because the faster they get your car out the faster they can get another one in there....
Yeah but they figured, 'we already have his money so well just work on some other stuff and get paid for that. Then do his'
Old 04-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #9863
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
I don't know about you guys but on my computer that POS car up a little bit, if you follow the antenna there is the laughing emoji literally at the end of it lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #9864
Registered Member
Regular

What else that annoys me?
People that have these and sound like overly loud motorcycles
Old 04-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #9865
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Exactly.
Yeah lifetime warranty on all work.
Excellent body/paint guy. But they need to get things done.
If its gonna be Saturday, don't tell me it'll be Wednesday or Friday. Don't tell me what I wanna hear. Just be real and be up front. Then I won't be pissed. Ill just be bummed. But when you tell me one day, and then it happens 3-4 days later, it just leads me to believe that you aren't working on my **** while I'm paying for a rental
I ran into the same problems with my car with my body shop. They tired to do a ****ty job wait they DID a ****ty *** job and was going to make me take it home i was so pissed they had my car for over a month. And it still was a ****ty job i ended up re doing all the work the did pretty much. All i can say is no one i know or friends of friends will never step foot in that **** hole
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #9866
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post

I ran into the same problems with my car with my body shop. They tired to do a ****ty job wait they DID a ****ty *** job and was going to make me take it home i was so pissed they had my car for over a month. And it still was a ****ty job i ended up re doing all the work the did pretty much. All i can say is no one i know or friends of friends will never step foot in that **** hole
These guys do excellent work but they aren't very punctual at all. They can't stick to their time line they gave me. I'm very much pleased with the work. Just not the time and money I spent on shipping for parts and rental costs
Old 04-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #9867
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

These guys do excellent work but they aren't very punctual at all. They can't stick to their time line they gave me. I'm very much pleased with the work. Just not the time and money I spent on shipping for parts and rental costs
The guy showed me cars they did and they do do good work but they just tried to play me because i was a teen i also did have to drive two hours both ways to a mustang shop to get a body part the one that goes between the rear window and trunk so they could paint my car. All the body work was fine they the paint was **** they didnt even sand the primer it was like a fing mountain range
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #9868
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

That PISSES me off
What kind of car did you rent? I had a 4 banger fusion for like 3 weeks and that body shop sounds sleazy
Old 04-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #9869
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

What kind of car did you rent? I had a 4 banger fusion for like 3 weeks and that body shop sounds sleazy
It's was a piece of crap 12-13 dodge avenger. They downgraded me to 1/2 the cylinders and 1/2 the hp of the mustang.
I hated it. I turned it in this morning.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #9870
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SteedaQ350

I sent them a copy of the bill. And they know how pissed I am. And they know that they better have it back today. Anything less is unacceptable.
Especially when I paid for the entire job up front before any work was started
This is why you don't pay for labor up front.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

« Pearl Harbor Day | - »