What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 319 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #11131
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blovett55 View Post
I don't know, the story that really gets me in the heart, is on Christmas day when the Nazis and the allies both came out of their trenches, walked across no mans land, and shared Christmas together, exchanging stories, jokes, cigarettes
They went against their superiors, once word that back to superiors that they did this, they were pissed

That just really gets me, that they could stop war for one day, and basically become a family
Yeah that gets me too!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post
Having a bunch of foreign students in my class ***** about our government.... I said if our government is so ****ty why did you all come here? Like your government is any better if your home country is so much better go back. Im an american and damn proud of it! And then we started talking about gun control i had to leave i couldn't even handle all the retardedness in this class room
People like that really bug the hell out of me
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #11132
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post
Having a bunch of foreign students in my class ***** about our government.... I said if our government is so ****ty why did you all come here? Like your government is any better if your home country is so much better go back. Im an american and damn proud of it! And then we started talking about gun control i had to leave i couldn't even handle all the retardedness in this class room
Sounds almost as bad as Michigan fans on osu vs Michigan game day
Lol
; )-

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

Yeah that gets me too!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

People like that really bug the hell out of me
My history teacher and I would talk about this kind of stuff all the time
My dad is a history channel buff, and when I was little I would sit there and watch hours and hours of war history and stuff like that and economic history and all this stuff

So my teacher and I would talk all period
Blovett55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #11133
Road Trip!

Quote:

Sounds almost as bad as Michigan fans on osu vs Michigan game day
Lol
; )-

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

My history teacher and I would talk about this kind of stuff all the time
My dad is a history channel buff, and when I was little I would sit there and watch hours and hours of war history and stuff like that and economic history and all this stuff

So my teacher and I would talk all period
Wow that's great!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #11134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

Wow that's great!
I know, it's like when you're in elementary, your teachers care, and take the time to learn everything about you, but as you get older, and those few bad eggs of students start making teachers mad, they just stop caring about kids at all, but then you have a couple teachers that actually still care, and you can form bonds with them
I mean my history teacher was invited to my graduation party, and showed up even
Old 07-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #11135
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:

Alien or foreign
Lol
Hmm if it was foreign we would be like the game freedom fighters. If it was alien we would be sold off by the gov so umm lets flip for it
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #11136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post

Hmm if it was foreign we would be like the game freedom fighters. If it was alien we would be sold off by the gov so umm lets flip for it
LOL, well I was thinking if it's foreign, not everyone is going to be united, you need some kind of outer interference, like aliens, but then it goes back to all that junk
I get the feeling it would be like District nine, people out there with signs telling the government and people to leave the aliens alone
Kind of like the leave Britney Spears alone guy
Old 07-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #11137
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I don't know, the story that really gets me in the heart, is on Christmas day when the Nazis and the allies both came out of their trenches, walked across no mans land, and shared Christmas together, exchanging stories, jokes, cigarettes
They went against their superiors, once word that back to superiors that they did this, they were pissed

That just really gets me, that they could stop war for one day, and basically become a family
I remember a coworker telling me about that story it was a good heart warming story, but it just goes to show the senselessness of war to me. If you can find enough god in you heart to stop for one day what makes the other 364 any damn different? Common sense is a hidden attribute that alot of people didnt use in yesterday's world and history does nothin but repeat itself.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

It's like saying "you know what.... since it's Christmas ima put away this here grenade, but come Tomorrow morning your a$$ is grass buddy". "?" {•_•}
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #11138
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Headaches.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #11139
Registered Member
Regular

People who don't know how to play UNO!!! Why would you reverse back to somebody that has two f'n cards left? Smh
Old 07-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #11140
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
People who don't know how to play UNO!!! Why would you reverse back to somebody that has two f'n cards left? Smh
So you have to pick up the stack !
Tyoung68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #11141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
What grinds my gears in the ME app on android. Constant crashes, timeing out, force closing. Not android friendly, you Ios nazis.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #11142
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I remember a coworker telling me about that story it was a good heart warming story, but it just goes to show the senselessness of war to me. If you can find enough god in you heart to stop for one day what makes the other 364 any damn different? Common sense is a hidden attribute that alot of people didnt use in yesterday's world and history does nothin but repeat itself.

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

It's like saying "you know what.... since it's Christmas ima put away this here grenade, but come Tomorrow morning your a$$ is grass buddy". "?" {•_•}
Yeah, I mean that part was kind of crazy, but the part where there was a cease-fire, I thought was pretty cool
Old 07-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #11143
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I mean that part was kind of crazy, but the part where there was a cease-fire, I thought was pretty cool
I hear ya bro
Old 07-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #11144
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I hear ya bro
Like it's really hard to believe nowadays, like say in Iraq that people would just stop fighting for a day and be friends, it's just not in our nature I guess
Old 07-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #11145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Lmao.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #11146
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Like it's really hard to believe nowadays, like say in Iraq that people would just stop fighting for a day and be friends, it's just not in our nature I guess
The rest of the world doesn't like the U.S.Government telling them what to do anymore than we do.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #11147
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post
What grinds my gears in the ME app on android. Constant crashes, timeing out, force closing. Not android friendly, you Ios nazis.
Ha it's not much better on the iPhone it constantly crashes on me
Old 07-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #11148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

LOL, well I was thinking if it's foreign, not everyone is going to be united, you need some kind of outer interference, like aliens, but then it goes back to all that junk
I get the feeling it would be like District nine, people out there with signs telling the government and people to leave the aliens alone
Kind of like the leave Britney Spears alone guy
Indeed im pretty sure there would be people with signs amd banners
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #11149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Indeed im pretty sure there would be people with signs amd banners
Leave aliens alone...I mean it
Lol
Old 07-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #11150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Leave aliens alone...I mean it
Lol
Jajaja, as long as i get to use their weapons there will be a hot meal and warm bed in my house
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #11151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Jajaja, as long as i get to use their weapons there will be a hot meal and warm bed in my house
Hahahahaha
Old 07-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #11152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But you have to be mutated
Lol
Old 07-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #11153
Registered Member
Regular

What grinds my gears, would have to be all the stupid hotels not letting you rent a room from them until you're 21, I'm trying to rent a room so I can go to the American muscle car show, even a hotel in media, I even ask the guy, I'm like, you have a car show there that I'm trying to go to, and you won't let me rent a room
It's like, hello I'm 18, I can legally buy cigarettes, vote, move out
But even if I put my cash up front for you, I can't rent a room
So basically I get to miss out on a car show with all my Mustang brothers Because hotels think that 18-year-olds are too immature to rent a hotel room
Old 07-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #11154
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Where at? Maybe that is some crazy state law cause i never had a problem getting a hotel from 18-20. Thats dumb though, what does the guy at the desk care? Its ultimately his paycheck lol
Kevo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #11155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevo91 View Post
Where at? Maybe that is some crazy state law cause i never had a problem getting a hotel from 18-20. Thats dumb though, what does the guy at the desk care? Its ultimately his paycheck lol
Well in ohio you have to be 21, so I asked and in pa it's the same I guess
I don't think it's necessarily a state law, I think it's more of the hotels themselves
Old 07-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #11156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But you have to be mutated
Lol
Hmm seems like an awesome improvement to me

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote:
What grinds my gears, would have to be all the stupid hotels not letting you rent a room from them until you're 21, I'm trying to rent a room so I can go to the American muscle car show, even a hotel in media, I even ask the guy, I'm like, you have a car show there that I'm trying to go to, and you won't let me rent a room
So basically I get to miss out on a car show with all my Mustang brothers Because hotels think that 18-year-olds are too immature to rent a hotel room
Hmm looks like reserve from home with a credit card, pay with cash when you get there. Worked for me a few years back, was 19/20 around there
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #11157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hmm seems like an awesome improvement to me

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Hmm looks like reserve from home with a credit card, pay with cash when you get there. Worked for me a few years back, was 19/20 around there
LOL yeah, but if you saw District nine, eventually he turned into an alien

I thought about paying with my card, then going down there, and if they asked for ID I give it to them, and if they say I can't get the hotel because I'm 18, ask for my refund back and just have a huge deal about it
I mean technically, I could rent the room and do that, because there's nothing on their website saying that 18-year-olds cannot get a room, so if I did go there and they say they can't let me have the room, I want some compensation for it

I had to actually call the hotel to ask them
Old 07-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #11158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

LOL yeah, but if you saw District nine, eventually he turned into an alien

I thought about paying with my card, then going down there, and if they asked for ID I give it to them, and if they say I can't get the hotel because I'm 18, ask for my refund back and just have a huge deal about it
I mean technically, I could rent the room and do that, because there's nothing on their website saying that 18-year-olds cannot get a room, so if I did go there and they say they can't let me have the room, I want some compensation for it

I had to actually call the hotel to ask them
Damn true, well then i could go visit another world and not be stuck i this hell hole.

If you did get a room that way then they say no when you get there just make a huge deal and tell em now youll have to sleep on a park bench and ask em where the nearest less rapey park is. If they say well sleep in your car just start crying and roll in a ball on the floor, or yell i still have my dignity and walk out
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #11159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Damn true, well then i could go visit another world and not be stuck i this hell hole.

If you did get a room that way then they say no when you get there just make a huge deal and tell em now youll have to sleep on a park bench and ask em where the nearest less rapey park is. If they say well sleep in your car just start crying and roll in a ball on the floor, or yell i still have my dignity and walk out
You better hope they have flying mustangs then, or your life there will be hell also

LOL, I think you lose the dignity when you curl up in a ball
But I mean technically if I go through the steps to get the hotel room, and they take the money out of my account for a room, they have two choices, which is refund my money, which would piss anyone off, or two just let me have the room, because I paid already
I mean, when you go to reserve a spot, that for your card, and I'd imagine your%
Old 07-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #11160
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You better hope they have flying mustangs then, or your life there will be hell also

LOL, I think you lose the dignity when you curl up in a ball
But I mean technically if I go through the steps to get the hotel room, and they take the money out of my account for a room, they have two choices, which is refund my money, which would piss anyone off, or two just let me have the room, because I paid already
I mean, when you go to reserve a spot, that for your card, and I'd imagine your%
Jaja, ill take a mustang emblem just in case.

Jaja eh maybe true, but your far dar away and they dont know you, plus who the hell cares what they think or say. As long as you get your room you can dance around buck as naked in the room, at least thats what i would do, or the lobby. Your choice
{Never Enough HP}
Old 07-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #11161
Registered Member
Regular

Lol

The hotel is 8 minutes from the car show too
I was telling the guy how If I wer going I'd be in the car show so I just need somewhere to stay and it was a no go
I'm like f^ck!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #11162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hahaha it's called " growing" pains kiddo ... Trust me don't rush it you should cherish these years bro
Old 07-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #11163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hahaha it's called " growing" pains kiddo ... Trust me don't rush it you should cherish these years bro
Lol
Has nothing to do with growing up, I was planning to be at the show this year at 18, and can't because hotels won't rent to me, not saying can't wait to be 21, but I'm saying they shld let 18 yo rent hotels, I'm old enough to vote, and did(not like it helped, but beside the point)
If I'm old enough to go to war, I shld be about to atleast rent a hotel if I pay in ful up front
Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #11164
Registered Member
Regular

Well you said Hotel, I'm sure a Motel will let you rent out, atleast the one by my house when I was growing up did. They would let's us rent out the whole night for like $40
Old 07-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #11165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well you said Hotel, I'm sure a Motel will let you rent out, atleast the one by my house when I was growing up did. They would let's us rent out the whole night for like $40
I might need to look
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar