What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 334 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #11656
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
When merging on the freeway & it says 3 cars per green light & only 1 mofo goes! WTF!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #11657
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
When merging on the freeway & it says 3 cars per green light & only 1 mofo goes! WTF!?
Excessively cautious drivers and those that aren't focused on their driving, I'd say.

Here in MO, I really get peeved at those that piddle around on the on-ramp and try to merge into 70-75mph traffic at 40-50mph. That puts everyone else stacked up behind them in a bind as well. Couple that with those on the road that won't merge left to let others in and the potential for getting ran over becomes much greater. Merge space seems to be rather short at the end of most on-ramps here.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #11658
Registered Member
Regular

Two more interstate problems are;

Governored trucks that are set well below normal posted speed limits. They are notorious for blocking both lanes, which piles up traffic for miles, when they know they can't fully get around one another. Speed governors should be outlawed for motor carriers.

Much like some truckers, auto drivers that hang in the left lane with cruise control engaged. "Keep right, except to pass" should be federal law and come with a stiff fine for those that refuse to comply. Either back off and move over or gas it and get around. Hanging beside a truck is dangerous.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #11659
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss View Post
Excessively cautious drivers and those that aren't focused on their driving, I'd say.

Here in MO, I really get peeved at those that piddle around on the on-ramp and try to merge into 70-75mph traffic at 40-50mph. That puts everyone else stacked up behind them in a bind as well. Couple that with those on the road that won't merge left to let others in and the potential for getting ran over becomes much greater. Merge space seems to be rather short at the end of most on-ramps here.
That's why I drive a Mustang. Whenever I get on an on ramp with 2 or more lanes I pass all the other cars on it.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote:

Governored trucks that are set well below normal posted speed limits. They are notorious for blocking both lanes, which piles up traffic for miles, when they know they can't fully get around one another. Speed governors should be outlawed for motor carriers.

Much like some truckers, auto drivers that hang in the left lane with cruise control engaged. "Keep right, except to pass" should be federal law and come with a stiff fine for those that refuse to comply. Either back off and move over or gas it and get around. Hanging beside a truck is dangerous.
I usually stick in the left lane when driving, but that's cause I'm passing all the other cars. But when someone is obviously speeding and comes up on my rear I move over and let them pass.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #11660
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:

The merge is not my problem, the person is getting on the interstate. Speed up or yield like your supposed to. I do move over when i got the room but if i cant and the person gets mad, GOOD learn how to got damn drive onto the interstate. It aint my responsibility to move over. I can have all the room in the world and i still dont have to lose momentum just because a got damn 4 wheeler is lagging *** (=] just saying)
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #11661
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

I hate when I'm on an onramp and the guy in front of me doesn't even give me space and there is a damn semi truck right next to me, they pretty much make me merge into the truck and there is someone behind me so I can't slow down to get behind it.

HID end all thread
Old 08-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #11662
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
That's why I drive a Mustang. Whenever I get on an on ramp with 2 or more lanes I pass all the other cars on it.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

I usually stick in the left lane when driving, but that's cause I'm passing all the other cars. But when someone is obviously speeding and comes up on my rear I move over and let them pass.
Then you do as I do. Be courteous. If you're the fastest thing around, stay out there. But when you're not, get out of the way at your earliest.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #11663
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

When to 18's top governers at the same place it hella annoying but funny at the same time. And yes some idiots dont know how to move over to the slow lane. Make us all look like rejects.

Couldnt of asked for a better example.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130827_173306.png
Views:	155
Size:	563.2 KB
ID:	126161

If fuel wasnt so damn expensive maybe companies wouldnt use governers but those ******** up top think its cute to tax the crap outta the most used fuel. Which in return powers ALL product transportation. Trucks, trains, boats. Fackin douch bags. Anything they eat, drive, wear etc got there by diesel power. This is why the system is a shizhole.
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #11664
Registered Member
Regular

Now that we're on topic. Do truckers a favor and #1 dont tailgate, #2 dont pass then brake, #3 SPEED THE HELL UP when passing dont lally gag like a bit**. When you take your got damn time and make me slow down you make me wanna run your dumb *** off the road so you can learn, #4 dont cut off an 18. How moronic do you have to be to cut off a 40ton machine¿ ive never understood how people can be so ignorant, do you not know what 40 tons railing at 70+ can do to your tiny micromachine of a car¿ #5 pay attention to turn signals asshats. You see me half turn lane half straight lane and think im being stupid¿ no duck face i needa take a wide turn you come bucket, there xalled TURN SIGNALS for a reason and thats why i use em. For now looks like that is all =]

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote:
I hate when I'm on an onramp and the guy in front of me doesn't even give me space and there is a damn semi truck right next to me, they pretty much make me merge into the truck and there is someone behind me so I can't slow down to get behind it.
Its your responsibility as a driver to slow down when going onto the interstate my dude. Your going into interatate lane of travel

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Its your responsibility as a driver to slow down when going onto the interstate my dude. Your going into interatate lane of travel. Who cares if there is someone behind you. Whats worse pissing someone off or getting nailed by some 22.5" big boys¿

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote:

Right on
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #11665
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
The merge is not my problem, the person is getting on the interstate. Speed up or yield like your supposed to. I do move over when i got the room but if i cant and the person gets mad, GOOD learn how to got damn drive onto the interstate. It aint my responsibility to move over. I can have all the room in the world and i still dont have to lose momentum just because a got damn 4 wheeler is lagging *** (=] just saying)
If I'm coming up on an on-ramp and someone is getting ready to merge, provided nobody is passing or beside me, I'll be courteous and move over. Many won't make the effort nowadays. IMO, that's rude and selfish. Those are the kind I make no special efforts to accomodate later on down the road. They shouldn't be too pissed if they receive doses of what they dish out. But most won't learn from that either. We're just supposed to alter our actions to ensure everything works out for THEM in their personal world.

One thing that should be changed is, on-ramp speed limits should be removed completely or match the interstate limit. All around here are 50mph. That puts us at 20mph below normal traffic flow. Of course, I'm usually a ball of fire when I come down the ramp to merge anyway. I look and choose an available right lane gap between vehicles (if there is one) and speed up to get in it, regardless of the ramp limit. Otherwise, I'll slow a bit to merge safely. But I don't drag *** all the way down the ramp and cause problems for eveyone else.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #11666
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Yeah driving courtesy is pretty much frowned upon now. Everytime i stop to let someone turn or in people beep an get pissed like im doing something wrong lol. Pisses me off.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #11667
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Now that we're on topic. Do truckers a favor and #1 dont tailgate, #2 dont pass then brake, #3 SPEED THE HELL UP when passing dont lally gag like a bit**. When you take your got damn time and make me slow down you make me wanna run your dumb *** off the road so you can learn, #4 dont cut off an 18. How moronic do you have to be to cut off a 40ton machine¿ ive never understood how people can be so ignorant, do you not know what 40 tons railing at 70+ can do to your tiny micromachine of a car¿ #5 pay attention to turn signals asshats. You see me half turn lane half straight lane and think im being stupid¿ no duck face i needa take a wide turn you come bucket, there xalled TURN SIGNALS for a reason and thats why i use em. For now looks like that is all =]

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Its your responsibility as a driver to slow down when going onto the interstate my dude. Your going into interatate lane of travel

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Its your responsibility as a driver to slow down when going onto the interstate my dude. Your going into interatate lane of travel. Who cares if there is someone behind you. Whats worse pissing someone off or getting nailed by some 22.5" big boys¿

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Right on
You don't have worry bout me on the truck thing!
I always pass them 80+mph till I'm at least 3/4 mile away.
Never tailgates truck before.
I understand how it feels, dumb bastard slapped on brakes in rain.
I was hauling *** on truck (heavy stuff) Truck wouldn't stop sliding even if I was about 5 cars space behind. (Not big truck type. Dodge truck hemi) was only going 45mph..

Good thing that car didn't call insurance. Because he knew he was at fault. Not me.
I had withness.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #11668
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I'm coming up on an on-ramp and someone is getting ready to merge, provided nobody is passing or beside me, I'll be courteous and move over. Many won't make the effort nowadays. IMO, that's rude and selfish. Those are the kind I make no special efforts to accomodate later on down the road. They shouldn't be too pissed if they receive doses of what they dish out. But most won't learn from that either. We're just supposed to alter our actions to ensure everything works out for THEM in their personal world.

One thing that should be changed is, on-ramp speed limits should be removed completely or match the interstate limit. All around here are 50mph. That puts us at 20mph below normal traffic flow. Of course, I'm usually a ball of fire when I come down the ramp to merge anyway. I look and choose an available right lane gap between vehicles (if there is one) and speed up to get in it, regardless of the ramp limit. Otherwise, I'll slow a bit to merge safely. But I don't drag *** all the way down the ramp and cause problems for eveyone else.
Oh yeah some people just dont give a damn. Dont get me wrong some ramps suck and you dont see the car till there right there, but that takes me back to there the ones that need to yield to interstate. I think all in all a whole lot of people need to lose their licenses and take the bus
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #11669
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper View Post

You don't have worry bout me on the truck thing!
I always pass them 80+mph till I'm at least 3/4 mile away.
Never tailgates truck before.
I understand how it feels, dumb bastard slapped on brakes in rain.
I was hauling *** on truck (heavy stuff) Truck wouldn't stop sliding even if I was about 5 cars space behind. (Not big truck type. Dodge truck hemi) was only going 45mph..

Good thing that car didn't call insurance. Because he knew he was at fault. Not me.
I had withness.
You are totally an A+ driver in my book. dammit man i just dont inderstand how people can be so dumb. It amazes me sometimes. Dammit all to hell when people brake while hauling cattle. Those dumb homo sex orgy having steak giving patty slappin steers shift all their weight to the front and man oh man that feeling really seperates the men from the boys.
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #11670
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Lol @ drivers getting all upset. We are just waiting for you to screw up so we can get our fat check...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #11671
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When to 18's top governers at the same place it hella annoying but funny at the same time. And yes some idiots dont know how to move over to the slow lane. Make us all look like rejects.

Couldnt of asked for a better example.

Attachment 126161

If fuel wasnt so damn expensive maybe companies wouldnt use governers but those ******** up top think its cute to tax the crap outta the most used fuel. Which in return powers ALL product transportation. Trucks, trains, boats. Fackin douch bags. Anything they eat, drive, wear etc got there by diesel power. This is why the system is a shizhole.
You are correct. The idiocy of some reflects negatively on you all. What makes it worse is, when they do finally get over, you roll up beside them and see a cellphone stuck to the side of their head or a mic in their hand and their lips are moving.

Yes, fuel cost is a negative for speed governor removal. But then in hilly country such as MO and others, do you really save that much fuel being restricted 5mph or more below the posted limit? I would think in some cases, downshifting and higher rpms, due to not being able to get over steep grades as economically as you may be able to ungovernored, consumes excess fuel too. But, I can see companies making overall fleet fuel consumption their priority, regardless of any one truck or specific region driven.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I gotta get out there among 'em. It's coffee time! I'll be back later and catch up. This is an intersting convo. Good opinions and views.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #11672
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
When you're driving on the Interstate and traffic backs up just after an exit you could have taken.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #11673
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:

My philosophy is that you should merge from the onramp above the speed limit and then settle into a speed. Not merge right in front of a guy going 30mph faster than you.

HID end all thread
Old 08-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #11674
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Lol @ drivers getting all upset. We are just waiting for you to screw up so we can get our fat check...
Careful. I heard some big company truck are adding camera? Not sure if I'm right though.
I'm thinking about getting a gopro to prevent me from getting screwed by low lives like you can't work for your own damn money. My god.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #11675
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper View Post

Careful. I heard some big company truck are adding camera? Not sure if I'm right though.
I'm thinking about getting a gopro to prevent me from getting screwed by low lives like you can't work for your own damn money. My god.
Look at accident footage on YouTube. Most of it is in Russia. Most drivers carry dash cams to prevent insurance fraud cause it is real big over there haha they're smart
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #11676
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

Look at accident footage on YouTube. Most of it is in Russia. Most drivers carry dash cams to prevent insurance fraud cause it is real big over there haha they're smart
Yeah, they even try scam. Fail ones, by walking across street. Even one guy driver got so pissed that he tried scam guy driver that he got out and beat the **** out of that low life scammer.
Lol
Old 08-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #11677
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are correct. The idiocy of some reflects negatively on you all. What makes it worse is, when they do finally get over, you roll up beside them and see a cellphone stuck to the side of their head or a mic in their hand and their lips are moving.

Yes, fuel cost is a negative for speed governor removal. But then in hilly country such as MO and others, do you really save that much fuel being restricted 5mph or more below the posted limit? I would think in some cases, downshifting and higher rpms, due to not being able to get over steep grades as economically as you may be able to ungovernored, consumes excess fuel too. But, I can see companies making overall fleet fuel consumption their priority, regardless of any one truck or specific region driven.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

I gotta get out there among 'em. It's coffee time! I'll be back later and catch up. This is an intersting convo. Good opinions and views.
So many drivers on there phone.

Yeah indeed on the hills. But yeah they look at it as a whole.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote:
---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

My philosophy is that you should merge from the onramp above the speed limit and then settle into a speed. Not merge right in front of a guy going 30mph faster than you.
:highfive:
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #11678
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

[/COLOR]

That's what I usually do. When I merge, I'm usually on the north side of 75 or so.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #11679
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper

Lol. I was simply stating the new American dream. Not mine personally.

I was, however, recently an eye witness to an 18 wheeler pit manuvering a rav4. His insurance quickly paid after my affidavit.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #11680
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Got damn man sorry to hear, be sure to let everybody know about his b!tch a$$...

here's the link to his ad, I posted a quick summary in the post, I just want my $130(what I paid for the lights shipped) back and I will return his lights, to which he refuses a refund:

Boss, Hurst, and Raxiom Parts for Sale!
Mr. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #11681
Registered Member
Regular

When your f*cking exhuast manifold stud snaps trying to put on an o/r h pipe in. And my dad is super pissed off at me bein a dick because "he told me it would happen" and no where in your town has any in stock so I have to sit and wait for one to ship.
C_Dailey95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #11682
beardless wonder
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post
When your f*cking exhuast manifold stud snaps trying to put on an o/r h pipe in. And my dad is super pissed off at me bein a dick because "he told me it would happen" and no where in your town has any in stock so I have to sit and wait for one to ship.
being a dick solves nothing!
Old 08-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #11683
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post

being a dick solves nothing!
I know haha. But now we can't even get the broken stud out. He even had to go buy carbon drill bits or something and it's not even making a dent. This is so irritating.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #11684
beardless wonder
Supporter
Staff

oh damn
Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #11685
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dailey95 View Post

I know haha. But now we can't even get the broken stud out. He even had to go buy carbon drill bits or something and it's not even making a dent. This is so irritating.
Did you try a tapper? I wanted to get some broken bolts out once and I got all my tools ready, bits, drill, tapper, etc and tapped on it once and the broken studs came loose and I took them off with my hand haha
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #11686
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I had something very similar to that happen to me when I was installing my h pipe on my 3.7. What year and model do you have? I ended up having the whole stud come out when only the nut was suppose to come off. I had to replace the stud BC I couldn't get the nut off of the stud. I actually broke a vice trying to separate them.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #11687
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
I had something very similar to that happen to me when I was installing my h pipe on my 3.7. What year and model do you have? I ended up having the whole stud come out when only the nut was suppose to come off. I had to replace the stud BC I couldn't get the nut off of the stud. I actually broke a vice trying to separate them.
I have an 06. We were trying to get the nut off of it because it stripped. Then it snapped off inside. He's been trying to drill through it so he can put something in to back it out with, I'm not sure what they're called haha. But not even that is working.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #11688
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Almost getting ran over by some dumb b!tch who ran a stop sign while I was going for my daily jog. Had to jump like 2 feet and the chick didn't even say anything, just sped off. Female drivers...not saying all are bad, but am saying MOST are.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #11689
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
Almost getting ran over by some dumb b!tch who ran a stop sign while I was going for my daily jog. Had to jump like 2 feet and the chick didn't even say anything, just sped off. Female drivers...
B1tches be crazy bro, b1tches be crazy
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #11690
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss

B1tches be crazy bro, b1tches be crazy
Truth
Advertisement

Lower Navigation