What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 395 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #13791
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
+1 I worked crap retail for 12 years (including every Black Friday and x-mas eve). I was paying my way SLOWLY and PAINFULLY through college on my own. (Working 40+ hours found to school off and on part time). I eventually earned a degree and found a great paying job. It isn't fair for the lazy, non educated to demand $15-$20 an hour for flipping burgers or working a register. Otherwise why the f did I spend all the time and money getting a degree? Also note, for the first 2 years working in IT operations once I had a degree, I STILL WORKED EVERY HOLIDAY. 13 hour shifts. And my luck my shifts fell on thurs - Sunday each thanksgiving... Same for Xmas eve/day. That job, salary. No double time or holiday pay. So people *****ing about pay or wanted days off. STFU. If you don't like it, work your *** off to change your life.
u mad cuz somebody worked smarter not harder?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #13792
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm not saying that they should be paid enough to to buy a new lexus. I'm saying, if you work 40 hours a week, it should at least be paid enough to eat and have a place to stay.

Sure, it's easy to say, "Get a real job." But let's face it. Not everyone can have one. There aren't enough "Real Jobs"for everyone. Someone has to be the ones on the bottom. But i don't think the bottom should be doing a 10 hour shift, and going home to an empty fridge. I'm not talking about welfare queens here. I'm talking about hard working people, who struggle day to day. I believe in working hard, as much as the next person.

I spent my first job working Minimum wage, 65 hours a week, no overtime. No lunch breaks. No breaks in General. Does that make me lazy? I. Don't think so. I was still paid less than i could live iff of, for busting my ***.

But that's just me. I feel as though all Legal, working individuals are entitled to eat, and a place to stay, without working themselves to absolute death. I might be in the minority here, though.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #13793
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
What Grinds my Gears, is Black Friday. Which i Guess is now Black Thursday. My problem in Particular, being Wal-Mart. Sales start at 6 pm, Thanksgiving day. Not only, do most of their employee pool, Qualify for government assistance due to Wal-mart paying crap, but now they Force their employees into giving up a day of thanks with their families. I read an Article that there were several Wal-marts that have actually held Food drives, within the last few weeks, To Raise food for their own employees. Yet they still pay them Minimum wage. No offense to anyone here, if you DO choose to go to wal-mart. BUT, anyone in my life that i know, that goes to wal-mart for a 6pm sale, they lose major respect in my eyes. Hopefully people stop letting Corporations dictate our lives. I mean, if you think about it, what are we getting that's so important that we ourselves can't spend an evening with our families? I totally support black Friday. I have no problem sitting out in the freezing cold at 4 am, trying to get my mom the gift she wants. But when you start pulling people away from their thanksgiving dinner, that's when it get's out of line In my opinion.
i totally agree with you
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #13794
beardless wonder
Supporter
Staff

Region: Texas
IM GONNA be at my grandmas!! what what?? getting fatter. I will however be online buying a thing or two
Old 11-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #13795
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
IM GONNA be at my grandmas!! what what?? getting fatter. I will however be online buying a thing or two
Just make sure you can still fit in the mustang! Lol
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #13796
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post
+1
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #13797
beardless wonder
Supporter
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
thatll be okay! Slide that ***** all the way back!!
Old 11-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #13798
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6
I'm not saying that they should be paid enough to to buy a new lexus. I'm saying, if you work 40 hours a week, it should at least be paid enough to eat and have a place to stay.

Sure, it's easy to say, "Get a real job." But let's face it. Not everyone can have one. There aren't enough "Real Jobs"for everyone. Someone has to be the ones on the bottom. But i don't think the bottom should be doing a 10 hour shift, and going home to an empty fridge. I'm not talking about welfare queens here. I'm talking about hard working people, who struggle day to day. I believe in working hard, as much as the next person.

I spent my first job working Minimum wage, 65 hours a week, no overtime. No lunch breaks. No breaks in General. Does that make me lazy? I. Don't think so. I was still paid less than i could live iff of, for busting my ***.

But that's just me. I feel as though all Legal, working individuals are entitled to eat, and a place to stay, without working themselves to absolute death. I might be in the minority here, though.
There are plenty of jobs out there. Not enough people willing to work. I've been trying to hire for two full time positions starting at $13/hr for over a year. I've finally given up and am downsizing my customer base. Can't find anyone willing to show up on time and work.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #13799
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

There are plenty of jobs out there. Not enough people willing to work. I've been trying to hire for two full time positions starting at $13/hr for over a year. I've finally given up and am downsizing my customer base. Can't find anyone willing to show up on time and work.
What kind of qualifications are you looking for. Hopefully not much at those wages.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #13800
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

What kind of qualifications are you looking for. Hopefully not much at those wages.
Wages vary all over the country. The cost of living here is extremely low. $40k/yr is a good living...

I manage a lawn spray company. I expect my guys to show up on time and do their job. The last guy I fired kept telling me how bad off he was but would never show up on time and never willing to work overtime. Some people you just can't help.

He had a big *** house, brand new car, 3 kids and his wife didn't work. He was not living within his means.
Our's:
Old 11-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #13801
Road Trip!

Quote:
Wages vary all over the country. The cost of living here is extremely low. $40k/yr is a good living... I manage a lawn spray company. I expect my guys to show up on time and do their job. The last guy I fired kept telling me how bad off he was but would never show up on time and never willing to work overtime. Some people you just can't help. He had a big *** house, brand new car, 3 kids and his wife didn't work. He was not living within his means.
people that don't live within their means... Let repo guys and banks keep THEIR jobs so they should be thanked too
Old 11-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #13802
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
40k a year is living good, I need to move out of MD I wish that would work out here...
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #13803
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

I'd work for you in a heart beat. I'm working two dead end jobs for $9 hr but I get no government assistance for me or my daughter. I was taught to handle my own
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #13804
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wages vary all over the country. The cost of living here is extremely low. $40k/yr is a good living...

I manage a lawn spray company. I expect my guys to show up on time and do their job. The last guy I fired kept telling me how bad off he was but would never show up on time and never willing to work overtime. Some people you just can't help.

He had a big *** house, brand new car, 3 kids and his wife didn't work. He was not living within his means.
Ya that would be a good wage anywhere for the skill level. Average income here is 25k, many 3rd gen welfare recipients. I finally quit contracting roofs due to lack of labor. I was paying $100 day for unskilled, $200 day for skilled. They get a little money an go on a dope binge and you never see them again. I finally started subbing to the Mexicans, not that I'm proud of it, but when you have someone's roof open you have no choice.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #13805
Legacy Member
Legacy

That's the problem with my generation and younger. They think jobs are underneath them.

I worked through college on 7.25/hr. Between that and keeping scholarships I graduated with no debt. Out of college I started at the bottom at 10.50/hr and worked my way up to management. Got sick of corporate bs and started over here at the bottom and now manage this department. People are no longer willing to put in the time to move up. Fresh college grads are expecting to start at 60k/year with no real world experience.
Our's:
Old 11-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #13806
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, my ex brother-in-law graduated and was making 60k a yr selling car's. The the economy took a chit and he got laid off. Everything out there was below him. I even offered him work knowing he'd never had a callous on his hands, he laughed at me. I got the last laugh every time I see him, when he's not in jail for child support. The guy lost his family, a beautiful home and nice cars all over not helping sis pay the bill's.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #13807
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I moved into a 2 story duplex/apartment. The people to my right, which consists of 6 people, I never hear a peep out of. The people to my left, 4 mexicans which really love their music, are the noisiest people I've ever heard. I'm on the verge of hooking up my 2 12s and aiming it at their wall with death metal blaring. This is ridiculous.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #13808
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post
I moved into a 2 story duplex/apartment. The people to my right, which consists of 6 people, I never hear a peep out of. The people to my left, 4 mexicans which really love their music, are the noisiest people I've ever heard. I'm on the verge of hooking up my 2 12s and aiming it at their wall with death metal blaring. This is ridiculous.
welcome to life at an apt complex.

My current neighbor to my left is a stripper with 3 kids. To the right is a hound couple with a lil girl.
When I first got here it was a black dude who smoked so much weed we had to keep our windows closed because my mom would get allergies from it. I got a crackhead with no teeth a couple doors down who smokes cigarettes and scares people all day, and old Mexican with lady who reads tarot cards tells peoples fortunes and gives the cats outside car food and water every night so they always come back. Also lots of random little kids running around all day.

So many different types of people it's not even funny. Never boring though that's for sure
Old 11-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #13809
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
welcome to life at an apt complex.

My current neighbor to my left is a stripper with 3 kids. To the right is a hound couple with a lil girl.
When I first got here it was a black dude who smoked so much weed we had to keep our windows closed because my mom would get allergies from it. I got a crackhead with no teeth a couple doors down who smokes cigarettes and scares people all day, and old Mexican with lady who reads tarot cards tells peoples fortunes and gives the cats outside car food and water every night so they always come back. Also lots of random little kids running around all day.

So many different types of people it's not even funny. Never boring though that's for sure
Sounds like my mom's apartment complex. I had my own for a year and it was ALWAYS quiet and never a problem. To be honest I saw maybe a family or two plus mine. Everyone else seemed like they were in their 20's lol cool hip people
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #13810
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
welcome to life at an apt complex. My current neighbor to my left is a stripper with 3 kids. To the right is a hound couple with a lil girl. When I first got here it was a black dude who smoked so much weed we had to keep our windows closed because my mom would get allergies from it. I got a crackhead with no teeth a couple doors down who smokes cigarettes and scares people all day, and old Mexican with lady who reads tarot cards tells peoples fortunes and gives the cats outside car food and water every night so they always come back. Also lots of random little kids running around all day. So many different types of people it's not even funny. Never boring though that's for sure
"allergies". Wink wink, nudge nudge. Jk man.
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #13811
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotkllz View Post

Sister took it when she broke the mazda. I finally got the mazda sold for the payoff, so I'm building a down payment. Probably a little 4x4. But having to rely on mom for transportation sucks.

Meanwhile my sister and her bf decided to rebuild the stang. Failed horribly and must do it all over again. Now they have to bore the block from never doing it right to begin with. Piston rings never seated and has oil on 6 of the plugs.

His excuse "I've never built a ford motor before". That explains it all lol
So he says its different to build different motors why now¿ I'm no expert but to me a piston is a piston, they both go in holes with a rubber ring around em.
But chale homes. Was the try to fix a gesture or because had to¿
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #13812
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post

So he says its different to build different motors why now¿ I'm no expert but to me a piston is a piston, they both go in holes with a rubber ring around em.
But chale homes. Was the try to fix a gesture or because had to¿
That's what I said, haha. Well, it needed it. The timing chain tensioners, let's say, "obliterated", blown head gasket, oil seals leaking, holes in passenger header. I told him to pick up a used 4.6 motor for 250 $ on clist, but he disregarded that. But, found out it needed new heads since the previous owner never torqued them right. The cam was literally bouncing around. His brother is a mechanic and neither one of them knew whar the hell they were doing lol
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #13813
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What Grinds my Gears, is Black Friday. Which i Guess is now Black Thursday. My problem in Particular, being Wal-Mart. Sales start at 6 pm, Thanksgiving day. Not only, do most of their employee pool, Qualify for government assistance due to Wal-mart paying crap, but now they Force their employees into giving up a day of thanks with their families. I read an Article that there were several Wal-marts that have actually held Food drives, within the last few weeks, To Raise food for their own employees. Yet they still pay them Minimum wage. No offense to anyone here, if you DO choose to go to wal-mart. BUT, anyone in my life that i know, that goes to wal-mart for a 6pm sale, they lose major respect in my eyes. Hopefully people stop letting Corporations dictate our lives. I mean, if you think about it, what are we getting that's so important that we ourselves can't spend an evening with our families? I totally support black Friday. I have no problem sitting out in the freezing cold at 4 am, trying to get my mom the gift she wants. But when you start pulling people away from their thanksgiving dinner, that's when it get's out of line In my opinion.
Quote:

Lol. Those evil corporations forcing ppl to work for low wages...

If the employees weren't so lazy and worthless they could probably get a real job.

This entitlement generation grinds my gears. It's nobody's job to make sure you are taken care of. If you want better wages go find a job that pays more. If you don't want to work holidays go find a job that is off. The pay and schedule is not hidden at time of hiring...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

+1

I worked crap retail for 12 years (including every Black Friday and x-mas eve).

I was paying my way SLOWLY and PAINFULLY through college on my own. (Working 40+ hours found to school off and on part time).

I eventually earned a degree and found a great paying job.

It isn't fair for the lazy, non educated to demand $15-$20 an hour for flipping burgers or working a register. Otherwise why the f did I spend all the time and money getting a degree?

Also note, for the first 2 years working in IT operations once I had a degree, I STILL WORKED EVERY HOLIDAY. 13 hour shifts. And my luck my shifts fell on thurs - Sunday each thanksgiving... Same for Xmas eve/day. That job, salary. No double time or holiday pay.

So people *****ing about pay or wanted days off. STFU. If you don't like it, work your *** off to change your life.
Yalls right on it. Work for what you want you sons of should've been anal.
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #13814
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

One that pays the bills and doesn't lead to taking gov assistance. It's called living within your means. It ended with my parents' generation.
Ended¿ more like jumped off the empire state building face first into a bottomless pit. Better make that thrown, these frackin kids with their swag and pants half off their asses are real pieces of work. Never knew how many homosexuals were in my generation till now. (Swag Secretly We Are Gay). Pants off your *** means you like it in the bum, prison style.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote:

So if there not "legal" they shouldn't be entitled to food or shelter¿ but its fine for the not "legals" to work in **** conditions

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote:

People are to stupid and lazy to find a good thing. Sometimes the shiz you do prevents you from seeking elsewhere BUT that's a whole personal ordeal.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote:
people that don't live within their means... Let repo guys and banks keep THEIR jobs so they should be thanked too
Frack the banks. Thieving *** bass turds

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Ya that would be a good wage anywhere for the skill level. Average income here is 25k, many 3rd gen welfare recipients. I finally quit contracting roofs due to lack of labor. I was paying $100 day for unskilled, $200 day for skilled. They get a little money an go on a dope binge and you never see them again. I finally started subbing to the Mexicans, not that I'm proud of it, but when you have someone's roof open you have no choice.
Why no proud of the Mexicans¿
{Never Enough HP}
Old 11-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #13815
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Ended¿ more like jumped off the empire state building face first into a bottomless pit. Better make that thrown, these frackin kids with their swag and pants half off their asses are real pieces of work. Never knew how many homosexuals were in my generation till now. (Swag Secretly We Are Gay). Pants off your *** means you like it in the bum, prison style. ---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ---------- So if there not "legal" they shouldn't be entitled to food or shelter¿ but its fine for the not "legals" to work in **** conditions ---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ---------- People are to stupid and lazy to find a good thing. Sometimes the shiz you do prevents you from seeking elsewhere BUT that's a whole personal ordeal.
i'm not saying that they're not entitled to it, per say. It is a basic human right to food and shelter. But legal workers vs Illegal workers is a totally different thing.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #13816
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6
i'm not saying that they're not entitled to it, per say. It is a basic human right to food and shelter. But legal workers vs Illegal workers is a totally different thing.
See I disagree. Food and shelter are not a right unless a person is physically unable to provide. By physically unable I mean can not function at all.
Our's:
Old 11-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #13817
Road Trip!

The fact that I can't post a new thread -_- oh well
Old 11-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #13818
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wages vary all over the country. The cost of living here is extremely low. $40k/yr is a good living... I manage a lawn spray company. I expect my guys to show up on time and do their job. The last guy I fired kept telling me how bad off he was but would never show up on time and never willing to work overtime. Some people you just can't help. He had a big *** house, brand new car, 3 kids and his wife didn't work. He was not living within his means.
****. I'd do anything for a $13 an hour job. I live with my parents and working $8 an hour does not cut it. I worked 40-50 hours a week and my paycheck averaged $260 a week. Here in Cali, that's nothing. An hour if work buys you a hamburger at a fast food joint
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #13819
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The fact that I can't post a new thread -_- oh well
Why?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #13820
Road Trip!

Probably a certain post in a certain closed thread. But idk and don't want to get this one messed up lol
Old 11-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #13821
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Probably a certain post in a certain closed thread. But idk and don't want to get this one messed up lol
Wow, you can't post new threads because of that. Sheesh.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #13822
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
****. I'd do anything for a $13 an hour job. I live with my parents and working $8 an hour does not cut it. I worked 40-50 hours a week and my paycheck averaged $260 a week. Here in Cali, that's nothing. An hour if work buys you a hamburger at a fast food joint
the struggle is real, bro. I'm in that same boat. 60+ hours at a pizza place at 8.25 an hour with no overtime pay. In the Northern suburbs of chicago, that money is gone like THAT.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #13823
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Wow, you can't post new threads because of that. Sheesh.
Yup pretty sure, like I said oh well
Old 11-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #13824
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the struggle is real, bro. I'm in that same boat. 60+ hours at a pizza place at 8.25 an hour with no overtime pay. In the Northern suburbs of chicago, that money is gone like THAT.
And still going to school at the same time..

You know what really grinds my gears also? So called "illegals" call me what you want but technically I'm "illegal" I was born in Mexico and my parents came to the US when I was 3 my dad came with nothing but the clothes on his back to start working in the US and got us a place to live. We literally started from the bottom. I mean sharing a one bedroom apartment to owning a 3 bedroom house. And it only took my parents 17 years while raising me and my brother. And they are still "illegal" in the eyes of the law an the government, paying their taxes and never relying on the government for handouts. I am or was illegal my whole life until I turned 20 where I got authorization to work and go to school. From age 17-20 I worked illegally but paying taxes. Now I got the opportunity to work legally without fear of anything. Can't say the same about my parents though. And I really want to join the military but can't due to my legal status. So when people call Mexicans lazy bums who don't want to work, here's your proof. Also, when's the last time you've seen a Mexican begging for change in the street?
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #13825
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
See I disagree. Food and shelter are not a right unless a person is physically unable to provide. By physically unable I mean can not function at all.
So, i assume that you do not approve of soup kitchens, for the homeless? People fall on hard times, bud. I respect that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but i'm not going to look a starving homeless Veteran in the face, with Debilitating PTSD, and tell him to pull himself up by the bootstraps. Last month while in Las Vegas, I saw a woman on the streets, that looked like death. She was just walking down the street, minding her own business. I was on my way into McDonalds so i Bought her a couple burgers, fries and a drink. Brought it out to her, along with 10 bucks. That woman sobbed. She was so thankful all she did was thank me continuously, and cry. She was on the verge of starvation, and yet, still was too proud to beg for food. Point is, y'never know what someone's going through. So i can never pass judgement onto someone, to deem them "worthy" of food and shelter. All i'm sayin' bro. I respect your right to an opinion, regardless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar