What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #106
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm04
People listening to talk radio so loud I can hear it
I don't mind if it's sports
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #107
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Not having an unlimited supply of red bull
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Not having an unlimited supply of red bull
Same!.. But with Mt. Dew Original Recipe!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
wereKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: California
Posts: 1,863
Re: What Grinds Your Gears?

ppl who drive at night with their brights on also ppl who think io want to hear the music they are listening to .
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #110
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by wereKEV
ppl who drive at night with their brights on also ppl who think io want to hear the music they are listening to .
Hahaha I do both of these..
W/O brights I'd crash.. Dingy headlights

I play music loud but can't be herd over the exhaust lol
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
mystang50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Hahaha I do both of these..
W/O brights I'd crash.. Dingy headlights

I play music loud but can't be herd over the exhaust lol
Hahahaha that's funny me too
__________________
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
Timm04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

I don't mind if it's sports
Ya I don't mind sports talk radio either lol
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #113
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50

Hahahaha that's funny me too
I want new housings but other priorities are first.. Daughters Bday's coming and after that I have a few things to get my bike on the road.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #114
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Backwards art lay out...
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 380
Folks who "pimp" around in a POS car w/ 26inch rims & tires that cost more than the car. Oh and they have a $300 Maaco special paint job and loud exhaust spitting our black smoke. That grinds my gears !!!
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #116
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
People that ride next to semi trucks!!!!

Just a heads up, most 18 wheelers are governed at or around 65 mph and weighing around 80,000lbs. When we try to climb a hill the weight slows the truck down sometimes below 50mph.
What really grinds my gears is when motorist are next to me or behind me when I start a hill climb and they get all pissy thinking that I am F-ing with them when my truck starts to slow down. So then get along side me, flip me the bird and then cut me off forcing me to slow down even more!

Treat every Semi truck on the road as if it was filled to the top with radio active material. Stay away from them and when you pass, do it quickly. I guarantee their would be less fatalities on the highway.
I'm sure I'm telling the wrong crowd but pass it on.

...end rant...
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #117
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
People that yell and beat on their tiny dogs! Picked up my kids from my sisters and on the way out to load them I hear her neighbors across the street yelling at this dog to get the eff back over here(15 cars parked in the driveway, garages packed to the brim), look up and it's like a little wiener/terrier running for it's life as the overweight owner chased it through the street when it was clearly terrified. Then they get it back over and proceed to yell and scream at the dog then I hear it yelping and hear the owners calling it a piece of ****. I didn't see them hit it but heard the smacking.grinds my gears!!!
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #118
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
My headache
Boo
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX
People that yell and beat on their tiny dogs! Picked up my kids from my sisters and on the way out to load them I hear her neighbors across the street yelling at this dog to get the eff back over here(15 cars parked in the driveway, garages packed to the brim), look up and it's like a little wiener/terrier running for it's life as the overweight owner chased it through the street when it was clearly terrified. Then they get it back over and proceed to yell and scream at the dog then I hear it yelping and hear the owners calling it a piece of ****. I didn't see them hit it but heard the smacking.grinds my gears!!!
Call the cops... cops go to bat for critters... and even if not much happens from it, the people get shamed for animal mistreatment. I agree for sure, animal abuse is disgusting. I dislike cats (also alergic) so ill chase one out of the yard with a bucket of water or a hose but id never kick one. And the more dogs the better imo haha. I miss having a dog living with me...
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
all the damn ricers i work with. every..single..day i get crap from them about me owning a mustang and blah blah blah..nothing but slammed fart cans around here smoking up the place..:p tell it to my tail lightss rice burners !!!god they grind my gears !!
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #121
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX
People that yell and beat on their tiny dogs! Picked up my kids from my sisters and on the way out to load them I hear her neighbors across the street yelling at this dog to get the eff back over here(15 cars parked in the driveway, garages packed to the brim), look up and it's like a little wiener/terrier running for it's life as the overweight owner chased it through the street when it was clearly terrified. Then they get it back over and proceed to yell and scream at the dog then I hear it yelping and hear the owners calling it a piece of ****. I didn't see them hit it but heard the smacking.grinds my gears!!!
I hit(punched) a dog ONE time a long time ago.. Learned a valuable lesson.. Broke my hand in three places... Will never raise a hand to animal that's not trying to kill me again... Got exactly what I deserved
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #122
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
I would but I don't want to start stuff between my sister/bro inlaw and their neighbors. They are kind of stuck there. They've been trying to sell and move but hard to sell a house still. Their neighborhood has kind of went downhill with all the foreclosures and people buying up houses for cheap.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
How about when you go to sent an email (that took a long time to write) and an "Error" happens and you loose the WHOLE THING. Fml............
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Re: What Grinds Your Gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
People that yell and beat on their tiny dogs! Picked up my kids from my sisters and on the way out to load them I hear her neighbors across the street yelling at this dog to get the eff back over here(15 cars parked in the driveway, garages packed to the brim), look up and it's like a little wiener/terrier running for it's life as the overweight owner chased it through the street when it was clearly terrified. Then they get it back over and proceed to yell and scream at the dog then I hear it yelping and hear the owners calling it a piece of ****. I didn't see them hit it but heard the smacking.grinds my gears!!!
boy i would chased that fatlard down after i saved little weiner and beat the tar out of him.... that was totally uncalled for as are thousands and thousands of incidents just like it... burns my azzz....
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Florida
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
People that ride next to semi trucks!!!!

Just a heads up, most 18 wheelers are governed at or around 65 mph and weighing around 80,000lbs. When we try to climb a hill the weight slows the truck down sometimes below 50mph.
What really grinds my gears is when motorist are next to me or behind me when I start a hill climb and they get all pissy thinking that I am F-ing with them when my truck starts to slow down. So then get along side me, flip me the bird and then cut me off forcing me to slow down even more!

Treat every Semi truck on the road as if it was filled to the top with radio active material. Stay away from them and when you pass, do it quickly. I guarantee their would be less fatalities on the highway.
I'm sure I'm telling the wrong crowd but pass it on.

...end rant...
Not a truck driver but respect them and have many in family and friends that drive. Most do not realize when climbing a nice grade the truck slows way down and then hauls *** down the down side sometimes getting momentum for the next one. Irritates me when people cut them off like they can stop as fast as a Kia rio can -_-
__________________
2005 Redfire GT - Mac LT's/prochamber, Pypes mid muffler, FRPP hotrods, 4.10's, Steeda tri-ax, JLT CAI, Bama tuned, Nitto nt05's 333/327 dynojet A little go go juice too
Southern stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX
I would but I don't want to start stuff between my sister/bro inlaw and their neighbors. They are kind of stuck there. They've been trying to sell and move but hard to sell a house still. Their neighborhood has kind of went downhill with all the foreclosures and people buying up houses for cheap.
Me & ex's has been on market since oct. 2010 ... Looks like we are goin to get our first offer ... Hopefully they don't try and lo ball it ...

Hope things workout for ur sis & bro in law real soon.. Its tough out there
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #127
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjunitalian

Me & ex's has been on market since oct. 2010 ... Looks like we are goin to get our first offer ... Hopefully they don't try and lo ball it ...

Hope things workout for ur sis & bro in law real soon.. Its tough out there
That it is, they've probably been trying to sell theirs for about the same amount of time. Had some offers but were just too low. They even had one couple offer and they said alright here, this is the absolute lowest offer we will accept, we cannot and will not go lower. Then they came back and said well could you take this amount, which was lower than what they just said they will not go any lower heh. People like that grind my gears as well, I mean I'm all for getting a good deal but don't try to screw people out of money when you know it's already worth more than their asking price.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular
 
78survivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 108
Cats...my girlfriends house has loads of them. Story is years ago apparently a stray Family came in. They made the dumb choice of feeding them. And now there are cats everywhere....well used to be. Through the cats dumb choices of laying in engines and on tires and such( she has two older sisters,along with parents) they have went from 20 to 8. But they let the cats jump all over the cars. Just got done washing my girls stang. Last summer and 5 minutes later....CAT PRINTS. I went to Wally world and bought a plastic bb pistol. When I start driving at the end of the month I'm not letting a cat 5 feet within the area of my car without getting a nice little thump of a plastic pellet. Could you tell I don't like cats?
78survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78survivor
Cats...my girlfriends house has loads of them. Story is years ago apparently a stray Family came in. They made the dumb choice of feeding them. And now there are cats everywhere....well used to be. Through the cats dumb choices of laying in engines and on tires and such( she has two older sisters,along with parents) they have went from 20 to 8. But they let the cats jump all over the cars. Just got done washing my girls stang. Last summer and 5 minutes later....CAT PRINTS. I went to Wally world and bought a plastic bb pistol. When I start driving at the end of the month I'm not letting a cat 5 feet within the area of my car without getting a nice little thump of a plastic pellet. Could you tell I don't like cats?
This dude wins, all the way!
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
78survivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 108
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-20450790.png
Views:	182
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	40247

My piece, call her....bessy
78survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #131
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Today... Today grinds my ****ing gears....
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular
 
03GT88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 532
i cant stand when people have super crew F150s with after market bumpers and shelby,cobra, and gt 500 painted or decaled all over them.and all the frickin emblems.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #133
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88
i cant stand when people have super crew F150s with after market bumpers and shelby,cobra, and gt 500 painted or decaled all over them.and all the frickin emblems.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Today... Today grinds my ****ing gears....
Aww, Cheer up man! Tomorrow can always be crapier.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
kjunitalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 308
Re: What Grinds Your Gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
That it is, they've probably been trying to sell theirs for about the same amount of time. Had some offers but were just too low. They even had one couple offer and they said alright here, this is the absolute lowest offer we will accept, we cannot and will not go lower. Then they came back and said well could you take this amount, which was lower than what they just said they will not go any lower heh. People like that grind my gears as well, I mean I'm all for getting a good deal but don't try to screw people out of money when you know it's already worth more than their asking price.
hey they made an offer ...20,500 less than asking and 30,500 less than appraised..... not going to give it away a counter offer coming there way shortly
kjunitalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #135
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

+1



Aww, Cheer up man! Tomorrow can always be crapier.
Damn it.. Your right
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #136
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

+1



Aww, Cheer up man! Tomorrow can always be crapier.
Funny how fast things change, found out we are getting a huge tax return and suddenly I'm in a great mood
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
2Greeny7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 776
Send a message via Skype™ to 2Greeny7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Funny how fast things change, found out we are getting a huge tax return and suddenly I'm in a great mood
Hey some stang money!
__________________
2001 V6
CAI, SF3/X3 Tuner, 4.10 Gears, Auburn lim-slip
GT4 Rims (Summer), Stock Rims (Winter)
2 Subs, New speakers all around
1 Great Car 1 Happy Kid
July '12 Mustang of the Month
2Greeny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #138
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny27

Hey some stang money!
Maybe a hood.. iPad3..
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhagan1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Maybe a hood.. iPad3..
Hood is what I bought.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular
 
fresh2death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,676
I hate parking next to people so i park as far as possible away from other cars but theres always that one ******* that still feels the need to park next to you.
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ok...3.55 vs 3.73 vs 4.10 Gears illestdomer2005 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 16 01-17-2015 10:17 PM
Gears alexak187 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 01-17-2012 10:34 AM
3:55 Gears vs 3:73 gears 06Blue 2005-2010 Mustang GT 19 01-04-2012 07:57 PM
Gears and t lock 98projectpony Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 13 12-31-2011 10:52 AM
Gears Jesse Bach General Car Discussion 2 08-11-2011 07:19 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:41 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.