What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 476 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:49 AM   #16626
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I can't think of a lie to leave work early today lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #16627
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by comporange View Post

Say your stomach hurts? I used to text people to call my place of work to say there was an emergency but then again that was way back in min wage days so might not work now
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 AM   #16628
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Shaking my fkn head, kids these days. " i want to work yes sir" 4 days later "I quit this work isn't for me"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 AM   #16629
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I can't think of a lie to stay at work today! Lol. The more overtime I get, the less the girlfriend can complain about dumping money into a brand new car.

Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #16630
Registered Member
Regular

I've been working 15 hour shifts the past 4 weeks, my check will have 170 hours for 2 weeks. I just wanna work a regular 8 hour shift today.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #16631
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I can't lie to my girlfriend about the mustang evolution app I just downloaded.

IS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #16632
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Attached Images

DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #16633
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've been working 15 hour shifts the past 4 weeks, my check will have 170 hours for 2 weeks. I just wanna work a regular 8 hour shift today.

Man. That's just straight abusive...

Old 08-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #16634
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post

No that's what I would call a easy 2 weeks.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #16635
Registered Member
Regular

It all depends on what a 15 hour work shift entails. If you're swinging a sledgehammer turning big rocks into small rocks, then yes, that's rough. If it's office work, then it's kind of whatever. You are going to be awake for that long anyways, might as well be getting paid for it. I, personally, do not feel that any job that can be accomplished sitting down can really be considered hard work or punishment.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #16636
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol I kno I needed the money, but I didn't have a life for those couple of weeks... I wanna go out for a few drinks tonite. They let me off anyway I just told them I was super tired

Old 08-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #16637
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
It all depends on what a 15 hour work shift entails. If you're swinging a sledgehammer turning big rocks into small rocks, then yes, that's rough. If it's office work, then it's kind of whatever. You are going to be awake for that long anyways, might as well be getting paid for it. I, personally, do not feel that any job that can be accomplished sitting down can really be considered hard work or punishment.

Dude some off the poops I have had make that statement false

badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #16638
Registered Member
Regular

Who is inside?
**** idk the last time I worked inside.

Just bc it's our company doesn't mean I sit on my ***, I'm out in the heat 100+ hours every week, Christmas, thanksgiving. Oilfield is a life, not for everyone. And being a business owner adds to it

Old 08-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #16639
Registered Member
Regular

Hard to find people nowadays that want to work

Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #16640
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Hard to find people nowadays that want to work

That is very true. I meant no disrespect by my comment, nor was I discrediting anyone's job or livelihood. I just have heard so many people refer to their desk job as hard work, and it makes me giggle a little on the inside. Because if they think that is hard, then an honest day's work would probably kill them.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #16641
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is very true. I meant no disrespect by my comment, nor was I discrediting anyone's job or livelihood. I just have heard so many people refer to their desk job as hard work, and it makes me giggle a little on the inside. Because if they think that is hard, then an honest day's work would probably kill them.
Oh I know that bud. I was responding more in a asking vs telling. Again hard to interpret on the Internet lol.

I know what you mean though. My dad's friend owns a different company than us. And his son sits on his *** everyday lol

Old 08-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #16642
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like a great life lesson for him...

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #16643
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I work at one of the nation's largest refineries as an engineer, and if I could make my same salary and have the same opportunities working in the field instead of the office, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You can say that my job is not as "hard" as the field guys but honestly I would much prefer the "harder" work...

Old 08-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #16644
Registered Member
Regular

There is something both satisfying and rewarding about good hard work. It's not for everyone, though. Some people are literally incapable of doing anything physically demanding without b!tching about it. They are infuriating to work with. But if you get a good crew that can crack jokes and still work like mules, then the field job is going to be the more gratifying choice. It's all about the company you keep. Give me the right group of guys to work with and I can truly enjoy just about any job.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #16645
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is something both satisfying and rewarding about good hard work. It's not for everyone, though. Some people are literally incapable of doing anything physically demanding without b!tching about it. They are infuriating to work with. But if you get a good crew that can crack jokes and still work like mules, then the field job is going to be the more gratifying choice. It's all about the company you keep. Give me the right group of guys to work with and I can truly enjoy just about any job.

Yep. And I sit in an office all day with no human contact. I think after this project is up in 2 years I may go try LWD where you're a field engineer on a rig..

Old 08-29-2014, 12:09 PM   #16646
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep. And I sit in an office all day with no human contact. I think after this project is up in 2 years I may go try LWD where you're a field engineer on a rig..

Sounds like repth David and I have the same problem we look at stuff like this all day Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1409332139.711132.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	584.8 KB
ID:	164677

Old 08-29-2014, 12:17 PM   #16647
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I totally agree with you on that, I do warehouse and office work. They say an office job is more mentally draining while obviously the physical job is more physical straining.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #16648
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I totally agree with you on that, I do warehouse and office work. They say an office job is more mentally draining while obviously the physical job is more physical straining.

I think every one agrees on that I like designing things but I would love to go out in build the thing I just designed

Old 08-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #16649
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsheep5.0 View Post
Sounds like repth David and I have the same problem we look at stuff like this all day Attachment 164677

Looks like ima be trading in my steel toes for my Steve Madden's soonishly...lol

Headed to the corporate office

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #16650
Registered Member
Regular

"Upgrading" from blue collar to white collar, huh?

Yeah, I would love to build what I design, and I can... not a damn thing stops me from walking out to the production floor and helping with assembly. But I want my own fabrication shop. Design and build custom car parts... and trucks, I'm from Montana, I know a thing or two about some four wheel drive. And I would have a little portion of my shop set up for gunsmithing and airsmithing, like I said, I'm from Montana (I like to shoot).

An airsmith is the paintball marker version of a gunsmith. I dig on some paintball action, as well.

But, until I get the experience and professional network required to even consider starting my own business, I am stuck here... not really stuck, I am a mechanical drafter for ISSPRO, I design fuel senders and aftermarket gauges.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #16651
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Sounds like repth David and I have the same problem we look at stuff like this all day Attachment 164677

Same here. To me I don't think it's hard work but it sycks not being able to talk to people
Quote:
That's what was great back when I did masonry work. Time flew cause the other 4 dudes in the crew were funny af.
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #16652
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
People who do not like nitrous. Yup that would be it, oh and smart cars.

I I hate people who say nitrous is cheating •__•
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #16653
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome to the forums, Judge.

And nitrous isn't cheating at all. But bottles are definitely for babies.

Don't get me wrong, I would have a lot of fun with nitrous. But I appreciate power you don't have to refill. I don't like meth either. I think it's a temporary fix to a permanent problem. I think that injecting windshield washer fluid into your intake is jerry-rigged fix to not properly setting up your supercharger system. And I look at nitrous as not properly setting up your naturally aspirated engine.

That's just my opinion on those two little subjects. And since I have convinced myself that my opinion always matters and that everyone around me always loves to hear it, I figured I would share that with you.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #16654
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I would have a lot of fun with nitrous. But I appreciate power you don't have to refill. I don't like meth either. I think it's a temporary fix to a permanent problem. I think that injecting windshield washer fluid into your intake is jerry-rigged fix to not properly setting up your supercharger system. And I look at nitrous as not properly setting up your naturally aspirated engine.

That's just my opinion on those two little subjects. And since I have convinced myself that my opinion always matters and that everyone around me always loves to hear it, I figured I would share that with you.
Every mustang I have owned had been supercharged. Untill my 5.0. Nothing is better than a 700hp nitrous coyote. And soon to bee 900 hp coyote with the new kit

Old 08-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #16655
Registered Member
Regular

I bet that thing is j!zz-in-your-F!cking-pants fun, too. I'm not saying that it's wrong for you to enjoy it. I'm just saying it's not my cut of tea... yet. Who knows? I haven't really ever played with it. I was gathering information about putting a nitrous kit on my CTS, but well, fate had other plans... not that I believe in fate, or destiny, or Jesus, or unicorns... just saying my car got totalled before I could ever put the bottle to it.

Rap, what's your Coyote pushing at the wheels without the spray?
Old 08-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #16656
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just feel bad for the guy with the supercharger who lost to someone whose power "isn't always on tap" lol. It obviously worked well in that run!
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:52 PM   #16657
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

auto cad! I'm a control systems designer
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #16658
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
auto cad! I'm a control systems designer
but im going to the site of the plant we are building for next week in La. yayy get to go outside!!!lmao
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:57 PM   #16659
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know why, I just feel that I wouldn't get the same sense of accomplishment using nitrous. That wouldn't keep me from enjoying it, by any means. But you build an 11-second all-motor car, and you want a 9-second car so you hook up some spray. You still have an 11-second car... the car is an 11-second machine.

I don't know what the F!ck I'm talking about. I just don't look at nitrous the same as boost. Boost is mechanical. It's built into the car. For some reason I appreciate that a lot more. You make provisions for boost from the beginning. It seems more thought out. More on purpose. For some reason I always think of nitrous as an after-thought... even if the plan was to use nitrous all along.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #16660
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
I I hate people who say nitrous is cheating •__•

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409346041.321930.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	124.0 KB