What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 481 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #16801
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
http://m.swtimes.com/sections/sports...tling-win.html
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #16802
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
I mostly did it for the fun. I didn't really care too much about winning lol. I didn't give a whole lot of effort during practice. Yea i was one of those guys lmao.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #16803
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I mostly did it for the fun. I didn't really care too much about winning lol. I didn't give a whole lot of effort during practice. Yea i was one of those guys lmao.

I was the same in football. Didnt care about playing just liked being on the team and wearing the jersey and pads. Sure wish I wouldve tried harder, but I probably wouldnt have made it to the nfl ha so oh well.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #16804
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
This is my favorite thread please don't close it soccer

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #16805
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
This is my favorite thread please don't close it soccer

Won't happen this is one of those permanent thread like the what are you listening thread
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #16806
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

WTF so I'm back home this weekend and the scheduled delivery for my shocks and struts is Monday, when I'm BACK AT SCHOOL!!! **** you UPS!!!

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 09-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #16807
Road Trip!

The fact that some car parts cost more to install than what they're worth!!! (Headers?!?!).

My suspension stuff came close, $950 to get it installed was the cheapest I could find at a respectable place with a large reputation.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:53 PM   #16808
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
The fact that some car parts cost more to install than what they're worth!!! (Headers?!?!).

My suspension stuff came close, $950 to get it installed was the cheapest I could find at a respectable place with a large reputation.

Gear installs

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 09-10-2014, 12:41 AM   #16809
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

F'ing right man i never did get thsy concept but you pay to play so...lol

Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:43 AM   #16810
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Buy a set of tools and do it yourself!
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #16811
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Something that bothers me, and really shouldn't, is when people say thank you for your service and I don't know what to say back. It doesn't bother me that people are thankful. It bothers me that I don't know what to say to it in response. Saying "you're welcome" seems so arrogant and pompous, but what else do you say to someone saying thank you?
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #16812
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Something that bothers me, and really shouldn't, is when people say thank you for your service and I don't know what to say back. It doesn't bother me that people are thankful. It bothers me that I don't know what to say to it in response. Saying "you're welcome" seems so arrogant and pompous, but what else do you say to someone saying thank you?

•no problem
•my pleasure
•SMD if you're really thankful
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #16813
Registered Member
Regular

^SMA works too
Old 09-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #16814
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

I just woke omg I want more sleep time

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
IS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #16815
Road Trip!
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410395913415.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	165706sigh
Old 09-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #16816
Registered Member
Regular

The miss use of "and me" and "and I"
Like my sister and me went to the store. If you take sister out does me went to the store make sense ? No so its My sister and I went to the store.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #16817
Registered Member
Regular

And yes i suck at all other grammar and don't have really the right to ***** about this but it just makes me mad haha
Old 09-11-2014, 07:53 AM   #16818
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Accidentally sent my alarm for 7pm instead of am and I will now be verrrrry late for work.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #16819
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Accidentally sent my alarm for 7pm instead of am and I will now be verrrrry late for work.
That sucks, brother. I have been there.

As for all the grammar hatred that keeps appearing in this thread... what we hate is laziness. People are too lazy to use proper grammar, and other people are too lazy to correct the use of improper grammar. We have done it to ourselves. We allowed this to happen to us.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #16820
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That sucks, brother. I have been there.

As for all the grammar hatred that keeps appearing in this thread... what we hate is laziness. People are too lazy to use proper grammar, and other people are too lazy to correct the use of improper grammar. We have done it to ourselves. We allowed this to happen to us.

I don't want to come across like an *** hole when I clearly understood what the person was trying to say. If we all corrected every language-based mistake that our peers made, we'd never get a single thing done. Hell, we'd probably end up correcting corrections. I can't stand it when people correct grammar unless the improper usage actually led to a lack of understanding for the point the person was trying to get across.

Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:36 AM   #16821
Registered Member
Regular

No, I am not saying that we should all be grammar Nazis. I am trying to say that most people do not take the time to properly articulate their thoughts using the correct grammar. It has become socially acceptable to use incorrect English, regardless of whether or not it subtracts from the ability to be understood.

This pandemic of laziness is so widespread, that you will find instances in which using proper grammar actually causes confusion.

Take the word sneaked, for example. Most people say "snuck"... but snuck is not a word in our language. I have had people "correct" me for saying sneaked.

I am as guilty as the next person. I get lazy or careless and disregard common rules of grammar. We all do, I suppose. It doesn't make it right.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #16822
Registered Member
Regular

What Grinds Your Gears?

Quote:
No, I am not saying that we should all be grammar Nazis. I am trying to say that most people do not take the time to properly articulate their thoughts using the correct grammar. It has become socially acceptable to use incorrect English, regardless of whether or not it subtracts from the ability to be understood.

This pandemic of laziness is so widespread, that you will find instances in which using proper grammar actually causes confusion.

Take the word sneaked, for example. Most people say "snuck"... but snuck is not a word in our language. I have had people "correct" me for saying sneaked.

I am as guilty as the next person. I get lazy or careless and disregard common rules of grammar. We all do, I suppose. It doesn't make it right.

And yet language is fluid and if "snuck" is actually not in the dictionary, it will be one day.

Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #16823
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I hate to burst the bubble of "snuck" here but snuck and sneaked are equivalent, at least according to dictionary.com.

cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #16824
Registered Member
Regular

I haven't looked it up in a dictionary since high school. I just remember being shown/taught that sneaked is the proper way to say snuck, and have just used sneaked ever since.

Granted, I went to school before everyone had the internet in their pocket, and when dictionaries were actually printed in book form, not found on 5" led/lcd screens.

It is probably a lot easier to update a database and POOF, we have a new word, rather than printing a new edition of the dictionary. So, I have no doubt in my mind that snuck is a word these days.

Language is fluid and is constantly evolving. Pretty soon enough will be spelt enuf and because will officially be spelt bc, and all the other lazy short-hand that texting/instant messaging has inspired will just be the way.

I may be a dinosaur in comparison to a lot of this lol generation, but I still actually spell out every word in text messages.

I may not use proper grammar all the time, but I will be damned if I let myself butcher the English language just so I can say something in 160 characters or less.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #16825
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
On the whole age thing, I'm 19 and have a 2003 eclipse and a 2003 mustang gt, with only 60,000 on it now, I got it with 49,000 I paid a pretty penny, but I worked my *** off for it, not all young guys got stuff jut handed to them, I've been working as a railroad laborer for about a year and a half, and before that I was working full time at a gas station, and before that I worked on a farm my whole life to e able to have the stuff I do. I grew up in a below average income household. Not All young guys are driving daddy's mustang
Blackedout03gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #16826
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I haven't looked it up in a dictionary since high school. I just remember being shown/taught that sneaked is the proper way to say snuck, and have just used sneaked ever since.

Granted, I went to school before everyone had the internet in their pocket, and when dictionaries were actually printed in book form, not found on 5" led/lcd screens.

It is probably a lot easier to update a database and POOF, we have a new word, rather than printing a new edition of the dictionary. So, I have no doubt in my mind that snuck is a word these days.

Language is fluid and is constantly evolving. Pretty soon enough will be spelt enuf and because will officially be spelt bc, and all the other lazy short-hand that texting/instant messaging has inspired will just be the way.

I may be a dinosaur in comparison to a lot of this lol generation, but I still actually spell out every word in text messages.

I may not use proper grammar all the time, but I will be damned if I let myself butcher the English language just so I can say something in 160 characters or less.

I must say that as being of the older crowd as well I agree with you. Being the same type of dinosaur that spells out the words While texting. Grammar was taught differently back then meaning that it was important to spell and use the language properly.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #16827
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout03gt View Post
On the whole age thing, I'm 19 and have a 2003 eclipse and a 2003 mustang gt, with only 60,000 on it now, I got it with 49,000 I paid a pretty penny, but I worked my *** off for it, not all young guys got stuff jut handed to them, I've been working as a railroad laborer for about a year and a half, and before that I was working full time at a gas station, and before that I worked on a farm my whole life to e able to have the stuff I do. I grew up in a below average income household. Not All young guys are driving daddy's mustang

Good for you! I bought my first three cars (apparently not the best driver ever) with my own money having worked since. I was 13 yrs old.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:42 PM   #16828
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm not as blessed to have a Mustang but regardless of someone's age either 18 or 81 I'm happy for them. Maybe one day God will bless me with the means to obtain a Mustang but until that time I'm going to be happy for those whom have them, unless it's either a V6 or automatic....lol
Old 09-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #16829
Road Trip!

When people talk **** about the V6 or Automatic and they drive a 90's honda civic or honda accord.

Or just a plain **** car.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #16830
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
I'm not as blessed to have a Mustang but regardless of someone's age either 18 or 81 I'm happy for them. Maybe one day God will bless me with the means to obtain a Mustang but until that time I'm going to be happy for those whom have them, unless it's either a V6 or automatic....lol

Amen!

Old 09-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #16831
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
AND NOW I HAVE A $250 PARKING TICKET!!! Dear god if this day gets any worse I'm not getting out of bed tomorrow.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #16832
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
I'm going to be happy for those whom have them, unless it's either a V6 or automatic....lol
This guy
Old 09-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #16833
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
When people talk **** about the V6 or Automatic and they drive a 90's honda civic or honda accord.

Or just a plain **** car.
I drive a V6 Taurus wagon as a daily driver but the reason I so strongly prefer a manual transmission in a car is control and fuel economy. The reason I drive the Taurus it gets better mileage than my F250.

Sorry not a Honda I'm a Ford guy.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #16834
Registered Member
Regular

Woman
Old 09-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #16835
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoung68 View Post
Woman
+ Fu*king 100
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar