What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 483 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #16871
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
Cocked off to someone on a face book group for a car club where I live.
They all ganged up on me and before I know it my car is being threatened. Apparently like 60 people plan to **** my car up once they see it all because of a comment I made towards someone and the rest got drawn rite out.
what would you guys do? I blocked some of the people and removed myself from the group and made sure any photo's of my cars are not visible to EVERYONE. Great, cars going to get ****ed with all because someone could dish it but cant take it.
Dip it a different color and Peel off once the heat dies
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2014, 10:04 PM   #16872
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tyoung68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: concord
Region: California
Posts: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
Cocked off to someone on a face book group for a car club where I live.
They all ganged up on me and before I know it my car is being threatened. Apparently like 60 people plan to **** my car up once they see it all because of a comment I made towards someone and the rest got drawn rite out.
what would you guys do? I blocked some of the people and removed myself from the group and made sure any photo's of my cars are not visible to EVERYONE. Great, cars going to get ****ed with all because someone could dish it but cant take it.

Get a camera, they said they would, you have them on video, you get new parts for your car and they go to jail
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2014, 10:28 PM   #16873
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
Cocked off to someone on a face book group for a car club where I live.
They all ganged up on me and before I know it my car is being threatened. Apparently like 60 people plan to **** my car up once they see it all because of a comment I made towards someone and the rest got drawn rite out.
what would you guys do? I blocked some of the people and removed myself from the group and made sure any photo's of my cars are not visible to EVERYONE. Great, cars going to get ****ed with all because someone could dish it but cant take it.
You're a little paranoid. People in car groups will NOT mess with your car... Trust me on that. Also, Really? You made all the pics of your car private? LOL.

Maybe try being nicer next time... If they resorted to that, I'm sure you said something really bad.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #16874
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Parniak
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 618
Maybe I am paranoid, Maybe they are all talk and yes I did make all my facebook car pictures private because they were making posts about my car(s) saying "wonder how fast a cobra is with a gas tank full of water" another guy said " you don't need to worry about tint anymore, I plan to smash all your windows" and others commented with stuff like Yeah, if I see that car around I will be sure to throw a handful of change at it. LOTS of comments and threats lol
All I did was post a comment that said
When VTEC kicks in, it feels just like a turbo
and then like 100 ricers jumped all over it. More was said on my part later in the comment's but ahhh

I see a lot of the cars in that group on a daily basis just around town. It is just a matter of a couple days before someone spots me.
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:17 PM   #16875
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ela
Region: California
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Dip it a different color and Peel off once the heat dies

Bahaha this made me bust up laughing lol
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #16876
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixBanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mount Rainier, MD
Region: Maryland
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
Maybe I am paranoid, Maybe they are all talk and yes I did make all my facebook car pictures private because they were making posts about my car(s) saying "wonder how fast a cobra is with a gas tank full of water" another guy said " you don't need to worry about tint anymore, I plan to smash all your windows" and others commented with stuff like Yeah, if I see that car around I will be sure to throw a handful of change at it. LOTS of comments and threats lol
All I did was post a comment that said
When VTEC kicks in, it feels just like a turbo
and then like 100 ricers jumped all over it. More was said on my part later in the comment's but ahhh

I see a lot of the cars in that group on a daily basis just around town. It is just a matter of a couple days before someone spots me.

Two things:

1. You're comment was correct. VTEC gives you a similar feel to a turbo. Idk what's so bad about saying that.

2. They all have a lot more courage on their laptops sitting at their mom's house than they would in the real world. You'd call it "keyboard courage."
__________________
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:26 AM   #16877
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
Keyboard courage... I like that. Well, I like the way you describe it. I don't like the phenomena of people thinking it's ok to say what they want just because they are allowed some level of anonymity. When people are willing to run their mouths simply because they know that they will not be held accountable for what they say, it is a level of cowardice that truly bugs the $#!+ out of me.

It really makes me think about Jay and Silent Bob, when Jay prints out the list of comments and goes house to house beating up kids for talking $#!+. I know I shouldn't condone beating up children, but I think it would teach those particular kida a valuable lesson. And they would grow up into much more reserved and responsible adults because of it.

Personal responsibility is something lacking in this day and age.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #16878
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,113
Wasting time

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #16879
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
If they do anything its premeditated. I doubt they would do anything but if they come close to your property defend it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Mustang wanted for here...
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:04 AM   #16880
Registered Member
Regular
 
satin06silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
Things that grind my gears... how women piss and moan about wanting equality and yet it's still socially acceptable to complain about men leaving the toilet seat up. Why do we have to be the only ones who have to put in a little effort to take a piss? If you want to be equal, get used to doing a tiny bit of work every time you pee, and quit b!tching about it.

Or how everyone with a hybrid or electric car gets all snobby about it. As if they are suddenly better than us dinosaur-burners. As if the electricity used to charge their cars doesn't come from fossil fuels. Or like the manufacturing/disposal of lithium ion batteries is so great for the environment. Or buying a new car every 10 years because the electric motors don't have the durability of other cars is so darn responsible. Your Prius takes just as much fresh water and energy to produce and drive and maintain as the next car.

People who are willing to pick up a sword (gun, suicide vest, etc) in the name of a deity... they are missing the F!cking point.

And, last but not least (for now), people who say "I could care less"... the F!cking phrase is "I couldn't care less"... as in, I am not capable of caring any less. I don't care at all. None. Nothing. No caring whatsoever. When you say "I could care less", that means you care. However remotely small the amount of caring may be, you still care. So when you are trying to tell someone how you don't give a $#!+, and you say "I could care less", you are actually saying that you do give a $#!+... it's called grammar, and they teach it to you at a young age, on purpose, for free. There is a diffence between could and could not.

this guys is effing winning right now


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
“I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”

Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC (Ret.)
satin06silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:32 AM   #16881
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
I win? Do I get a prize?
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #16882
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tyoung68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: concord
Region: California
Posts: 3,375
What Grinds Your Gears?

People who back in to diagonal parking spots.
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #16883
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoung68 View Post
People who back in to diagonal parking spots.

So much this


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #16884
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
How about when someone aske a specific question, and everyone chimes in with totally unrelated answers?

Like what's better GT40 heads or GT40P heads, and someone says get Trick Flows...

That wasn't part of the question, @sshole!
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #16885
Registered Member
Regular
 
comporange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: glen burnie
Region: Maryland
Posts: 880
When I'm at work, and out of the half empty lot someone wants to park there daily beater next to mine


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #16886
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Going through this thread where a guy trolls on facebook. Holy ****. Its YOURE. 1 extra letter. They always start the "well maybe if you could spell. Your such a"

Exact reason I stopped getting on facebook. Too many stupid people.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #16887
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ela
Region: California
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
Going through this thread where a guy trolls on facebook. Holy ****. Its YOURE. 1 extra letter. They always start the "well maybe if you could spell. Your such a"

Exact reason I stopped getting on facebook. Too many stupid people.


You have to put a comma before the quarto on mark you little dip poop piece of poop.
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #16888
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tyoung68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: concord
Region: California
Posts: 3,375
That i leave studying to the last minute
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #16889
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
You have to put a comma before the quarto on mark you little dip poop piece of poop.

Whats a quarto? Is that spanish? Im not fully fluent yet no mames.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoung68 View Post
That i leave studying to the last minute

Thats how youre supposed to do it.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

^sorry. *your
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #16890
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
You have to put a comma before the quarto on mark you little dip poop piece of poop.

Yea I think Ill pass on doing that. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410839952.132582.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	166187
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #16891
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ela
Region: California
Posts: 185
What Grinds Your Gears?

H
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410839962.741219.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	166188  
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #16892
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post

Watchout your comments bro.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:46 PM   #16893
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ela
Region: California
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
Watchout your comments bro.

What about them!
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:54 PM   #16894
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
What about them!

Start on page 1 btw.
clflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #16895
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
You stopped going on Facebook because you cannot spell correctly?

Or because the other kids were mean to you on the playground?

Facebook is nothing but drama. I don't blame you for leaving Facebook at all.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #16896
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
Getting a no from a job that would have really helped my family with benefits and pay.
__________________
Mustang wanted for here...
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #16897
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vic14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Donna
Region: Texas
Posts: 651
People that stop way to close to you when your at a light, might as well go over me!
Females who are putting their makeup while driving, as if they don't have enough time to do that. If they don't get up earlier, simple as that.
People on their cellphones; talking on the phone, texting or on Facebook, twitter any social media. Once saw one guy taking a "selfie" while driving, wtf!
__________________
"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine." -Pearl Jam
Vic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #16898
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,547
Girls
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #16899
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
People that stop way to close to you when your at a light, might as well go over me!
Females who are putting their makeup while driving, as if they don't have enough time to do that. If they don't get up earlier, simple as that.
People on their cellphones; talking on the phone, texting or on Facebook. Once saw one guy taking a "selfie" while driving, wtf!
+1 on the first one and +.5 on the last cause I'm guilty at using the phone (GPS, Pandora) while driving
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #16900
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vic14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Donna
Region: Texas
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
+1 on the first one and +.5 on the last cause I'm guilty at using the phone (GPS, Pandora) while driving
Haha. Well when you include GPS and Pandora, I'm guilty also. But I'm always at a complete stop, if skipping a song on Pandora or w/e and same with GPS (only use it on long trips) if needed only. (If I'm not traveling alone: ) When using GPS and I need to check stops, nearest gas station, stuff like that, I have someone else do that for me so I won't check myself...in the end I still have to check due to some incapable companions

But I guess we're all guilty of at least using the phone (GPS and Pandora) while driving
__________________
"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine." -Pearl Jam
Vic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #16901
Road Trip!
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, Az
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,037
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411002034457.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	749.7 KB
ID:	166331Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1411002081329.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	166332
I ****en hate laundry day
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:56 PM   #16902
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
ISO 8 update not supporting the old ME app that I had been used to all these years. Now I'm forced to conform with the app that was rebuilt last year. I hate it.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #16903
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
ISO 8 update not supporting the old ME app that I had been used to all these years. Now I'm forced to conform with the app that was rebuilt last year. I hate it.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
My upgrade is next month and i'm not going with iPhones anymore, so i'm not updating this time lol.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #16904
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 205
Oh man, the only thing worse than a person on their cell phone while driving (no matter what reason) is a cop on the in-car laptop while driving (no matter what reason). Who gives them the ticket for not using hands-free communication?

I would rather see a woman putting on her makeup in the car, rather than seeing a cop d!cking with their onboard computer.

I don't know why it bugs me so much, but it really does. I am a big fan of fairness across the board. No one gets special treatment or is excluded from the law, not even those who are supposed to be upholding it. Especially not those upholding the law. There is no difference between a 16 year old girl Facebook'ing while driving and a 40 year old cop laptop'ing while driving.

To the high school girl, she is conducting very serious official business. And that's the same excuse the cop would use.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #16905
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,113
Shady a$$ carpenters ... My parents paid CARPET GIANT for work to be done on the floor mind you everything is perceived to be "Paid In Fulll" ... The crew comes out and starts hacking on the tile then mid point after yjr floor it all hacked up they come to my mother and say its gonna be an additional $400 !!! "Are you f'cking serious" then we make CARPET GIANT and reduce by a good $250 ....hmmm I wouldn't have paid them anything but my mother chose to but that really got under my skin, I hate when people try to play my family for fools don't ever insult my intelligence you liable to get your a$$ handed to you...

Black 2008 GT "to punish and enslave" edition
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ok...3.55 vs 3.73 vs 4.10 Gears illestdomer2005 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 16 01-17-2015 10:17 PM
Gears alexak187 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 01-17-2012 10:34 AM
3:55 Gears vs 3:73 gears 06Blue 2005-2010 Mustang GT 19 01-04-2012 07:57 PM
Gears and t lock 98projectpony Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 13 12-31-2011 10:52 AM
Gears Jesse Bach General Car Discussion 2 08-11-2011 07:19 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:29 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.