What Grinds Your Gears? - Page 599 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2016, 02:49 PM   #20931
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
There are a lot of precincts that leave a vest to the officer's disgression. Then you have cheap vests, decent vests, and vests that might actually stop a handgun's bullet. A 9mm, .40, .45, 357, and 44 mag can all be stopped with a vest, especially if the slug is a hollow point.

However, a vest is not much help against a rifle. I don't care if it is a 5.56, 243, 308, 30.06, 270, or other caliber. The velocity a rifle round has will punch through ceramic and Kevlar. I would rather have something vs nothing though.

I enjoy shooting sports, including archery. I can promise you that an arrow within 50 yards from a modern compound bow can punch through a vest. Kinetic energy is an amazing thing.

With that very dangerous knowledge, it is left to the individual officer many times as to whether or not they want to sweat it out in a heavy, restrictive vest.

https://youtu.be/4itldinl-s0


Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Incorrect about ceramic. Level IV plates are ceramic and will stop AP 308 rounds.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-25-2016, 05:17 PM   #20932
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tyoung68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: concord
Region: California
Posts: 3,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
lol i shattered my ipod when i got my earphone cord caught on the shopping cart handle @ the grocery store...
How did u shatter it lol


Sent from my iPad using iOS X beta 2

It slid off the top of my jeep when I was camping, landed face down on gravel.
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-25-2016, 06:14 PM   #20933
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Incorrect about ceramic. Level IV plates are ceramic and will stop AP 308 rounds.
I wonder what kind of static shock happens to the body when that round round comes to a brutal stop?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:12 PM   #20934
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I wonder what kind of static shock happens to the body when that round round comes to a brutal stop?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
That's why you wear trauma pads behind the body armor.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:36 PM   #20935
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I wonder what kind of static shock happens to the body when that round round comes to a brutal stop?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Bruising, getting the wind knocked out of you, but you get to live.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:04 PM   #20936
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_13 View Post
Bruising, getting the wind knocked out of you, but you get to live.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That^ the trauma pads help a lot in that regard, but it's still like being hit with a sledgehammer most likely.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #20937
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,030
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
(sorry to interject, but I post & a serious (wtf?)
question about my hair,
& Twitter does this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1469665359.314157.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	203801


Sent from my Samsung RF22K9581SGG/AA via iOS
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:48 PM   #20938
Registered Member
Regular
 
king_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Clarksville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
That^ the trauma pads help a lot in that regard, but it's still like being hit with a sledgehammer most likely.
Agreed, I've never been shot at while wearing a vest with plates. But watching YouTube videos where it does happen, at the very least the receiver is temporary immobilized while they recover and thank whoever they believe in that the armor stopped the bullet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2014 Oxford White 5.0 Premium

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:26 AM   #20939
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
(sorry to interject, but I post & a serious (wtf?)
question about my hair,
& Twitter does this:
Attachment 203801


Sent from my Samsung RF22K9581SGG/AA via iOS
You do realize that this stuff stays on the WWW forever, yes?
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:02 AM   #20940
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,030
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
You do realize that this stuff stays on the WWW forever, yes?

haha. it's cool. you know what kind of person i am😂


Sent from my Samsung RF22K9581SGG/AA via iOS
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:51 AM   #20941
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shane Bales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Region: Missouri
Posts: 340
A cop close to my home got drunk and started driving around in his cop car (he eventually totaled the car). Evidently he just started full time not long ago so I'm thinking it's a younger guy. We just had a killing at the school there, two teens fighting over a girl. One kid shot the other kid three times, then ended his own life. Makes me wonder if the guy seen some things he can't forget, trying to drink them away? It's also worrying me that stuff like this keeps getting closer to where I live. In very low population areas.
Shane Bales is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:22 PM   #20942
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,030
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
What Grinds Your Gears?

^ these issues are the types i have to put up with all day at work, (i'm not trying to seem rude or ignorant to the real issues everyone else posts, you guys are a major source of stress relief for me,
so please ignore me if i grind your gears, because i really don't want to come off as a self-entitled idiot,
but... sitting on a hot belt buckle & burning my fat *** grinds my gears.


Sent from my iPad using iOS X beta 2
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:05 AM   #20943
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,639
No doubt the police work a stressful job. But drinking to the point of being drunk and then driving...something an officer should be well aware of that takes innocent lives is just plain stupid.

I'm happy to see that our local news is setting aside a few minutes each night to cover stories about the good things police officers are doing in our area.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #20944
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Bales View Post
A cop close to my home got drunk and started driving around in his cop car (he eventually totaled the car). Evidently he just started full time not long ago so I'm thinking it's a younger guy. We just had a killing at the school there, two teens fighting over a girl. One kid shot the other kid three times, then ended his own life. Makes me wonder if the guy seen some things he can't forget, trying to drink them away? It's also worrying me that stuff like this keeps getting closer to where I live. In very low population areas.
People are unpredictable despite their environment.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #20945
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 00
Region: Other
Posts: 1,198
Received my NRA knife today and had this on the package
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #20946
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Received my NRA knife today and had this on the package
There is nothing like saying "thank you for supporting America's rights" like a gift outsourced to China. They support our right to bear arms, but could care less whether or not we have a job to purchase a weapon.



Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:02 PM   #20947
twk
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
twk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Harrisburg
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 101
I get really tired of seeing that too. It's everywhere. /sigh
twk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:52 PM   #20948
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,030
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
So... schools in Texas are going to allow students to have guns in class.


Sent from my iPad using iOS X beta 2
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:13 PM   #20949
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
So... schools in Texas are going to allow students to have guns in class.


Sent from my iPad using iOS X beta 2
You don't live in TX, get over it.

I am quite proud of the rights I have. The 2nd Amendment clearly states, "shall not be infringed".


Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #20950
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
You don't live in TX, get over it.

I am quite proud of the rights I have. The 2nd Amendment clearly states, "shall not be infringed".


Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

+11

Besides!.. Who the hell said kids are getting guns in schools?!?... Lol


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:28 PM   #20951
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
+11

Besides!.. Who the hell said kids are getting guns in schools?!?... Lol


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
If you are an adult in college, you have the right to defend yourself in this crazy world we live in. I don't plan on being involved in the next cowardly terrorist attack because I am in a soft target environment. Has anyone noticed the BS in France and Germany lately? Those people likely would have liked a fighting chance.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #20952
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
If you are an adult in college, you have the right to defend yourself in this crazy world we live in. I don't plan on being involved in the next cowardly terrorist attack because I am in a soft target environment. Has anyone noticed the BS in France and Germany lately? Those people likely would have liked a fighting chance.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

If your talking about those of age and have a CPL then yes!.. Personally I stress training for those who have little to none!.. And not the self taught kind!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:51 PM   #20953
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
If your talking about those of age and have a CPL then yes!.. Personally I stress training for those who have little to none!.. And not the self taught kind!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
That could turn into a huge political debate.

I grew up shooting everything from archery to full military grade artillary. Training doesn't happen the way it used to. Where are today's parents?

I will agree that children and young adults today are much different than they once were. I may be getting old, but I have to wonder at times if common sense is becoming extinct.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #20954
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,548
Gravy, you are from canada, so you are not aware of how many people in Texas carry, probably not aware of how many Americans concealed carry. This is not going to be a problem. Other states allow this, or let the colleges choose. If campus carry was an issue, it'd be all over the news. You still have to be 21 and have a Concealed Handgun Permit. If you would like to debate with me, PM me.

Or we can debate this here if you don't PM me.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:59 PM   #20955
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Gravy, you are from canada, so you are not aware of how many people in Texas carry, probably not aware of how many Americans concealed carry. This is not going to be a problem. Other states allow this, or let the colleges choose. If campus carry was an issue, it'd be all over the news. You still have to be 21 and have a Concealed Handgun Permit. If you would like to debate with me, PM me.

Or we can debate this here if you don't PM me.
Concealed carry means concealed. If I have a weapon you will never know unless I need it.


Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:19 AM   #20956
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
There is nothing like saying "thank you for supporting America's rights" like a gift outsourced to China. They support our right to bear arms, but could care less whether or not we have a job to purchase a weapon.



Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Do they make knives like that in the United States of America?

Sent from a non car enthusiast V6 mustang owner's cell phone.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:20 AM   #20957
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Concealed carry means concealed. If I have a weapon you will never know unless I need it.


Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Exactly. I don't understand why people freak about this.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:29 AM   #20958
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Do they make knives like that in the United States of America?

Sent from a non car enthusiast V6 mustang owner's cell phone.
We make better knives. Take a look at KaBar or Ontario Knife Co. Both are in NY, and both make some of the world's greatest cutting steel.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:33 AM   #20959
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Exactly. I don't understand why people freak about this.
Unless you're Project Pony. Every time we are together he ends up in the driver's seat of my car doing something. He always has to climb over some type of projectile firing toy that rides with me.

No, I don't keep weapons in the car when I'm at a show, or not in the car. I drive a convertible, and that is already an attraction for a thief.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:56 AM   #20960
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
We make better knives. Take a look at KaBar or Ontario Knife Co. Both are in NY, and both make some of the world's greatest cutting steel.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

CRKT is another!.. Cold Steel is one too, but only their Fixed Blades are!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:32 AM   #20961
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,639
Great, just what we need...more guns being carried, and now in the schools.

Can see it now; some student is not happy with his/her grade, and pops the teacher. Then another teacher pops the student for popping the teacher, the police are called, and start shooting anyone else that remains.

I'm all for preserving our rights, but the 2nd Amendment deal has gone way too far.

Afraid to go to school? Buy a gun. That will solve everything.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:37 AM   #20962
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Great, just what we need...more guns being carried, and now in the schools.

Can see it now; some student is not happy with his/her grade, and pops the teacher. Then another teacher pops the student for popping the teacher, the police are called, and start shooting anyone else that remains.

I'm all for preserving our rights, but the 2nd Amendment deal has gone way too far.

Afraid to go to school? Buy a gun. That will solve everything.

While gun sales have gone up, violent crime has also gone down!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:00 AM   #20963
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
While gun sales have gone up, violent crime has also gone down!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..������
Where are you living? Here in central Florida, deaths from shootings/violent crime has risen more than double over last year at this time.

In any event, its sad that we have to be having these conversations.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:36 AM   #20964
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Where are you living? Here in central Florida, deaths from shootings/violent crime has risen more than double over last year at this time.

In any event, its sad that we have to be having these conversations.

How about you check actual facts!.. Before you start spewing opinions!..


Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:41 AM   #20965
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 00
Region: Other
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Concealed carry means concealed. If I have a weapon you will never know unless I need it.


Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
+1 on the concealed quote!! Me, my wife, and two of our best friends are going to get our CCP on the 20th of this month. And as stated above only if needed.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ok...3.55 vs 3.73 vs 4.10 Gears illestdomer2005 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 16 01-17-2015 10:17 PM
Gears alexak187 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 01-17-2012 10:34 AM
3:55 Gears vs 3:73 gears 06Blue 2005-2010 Mustang GT 19 01-04-2012 07:57 PM
Gears and t lock 98projectpony Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 13 12-31-2011 10:52 AM
Gears Jesse Bach General Car Discussion 2 08-11-2011 07:19 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:24 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.