The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #141
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Results
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	18545   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	18546  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	18547   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	18548  

Click image for larger version

Name:	finish.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	18549  
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #142
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Ron Paul looks like he will finish 2nd in Nevada!

Election Center 2008: Primary Results - Elections & Politics news from CNN.com
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #143
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Glenn Beck Validates Ron Paul’s Income Tax Claim

Mike Huckabee and Rudy Giuliani campaigns almost tapped out | Red Pills
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #144
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

A lot of people have verified the claim by Ron Paul that if we got rid of the income tax today we would still generate the same money we did 10 years ago under the Clintons.

PolitiFact | It would be close to the same revenue
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #145
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Ron Paul 2008 Comprehensive Economic Revitalization Plan

Ron Pauls tax plan to stimulate the economy that doesn't just give you one lump sum.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:35 PM   #146
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

As far as economics, Ron Paul is the best option, but for everything else...he is insane.

With Thompson out, who never had a chance anyway, I'm disappointed in who we have left. I wont vote for McCain though, so I guess it's going to be Huckabee or Romney.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:14 PM   #147
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
As far as economics, Ron Paul is the best option, but for everything else...he is insane.
Explain
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #148
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Explain
What immediately jumps to mind is his foreign policy. There is now way in hell I'm voting for someone who thinks we brought 911 on ourselves. I can understand his view on us staying isolationist and keeping out of other country's businesses, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. Look at us before WW1, we were not a world power, we were not exceptionally prosperous compared to the rest of the world, but once WW11 came rocking along and we started getting involved in other world affairs, we became a super power. We can control a vast amount of trade throughout the world, we can impose sanctions and embargoes on countries that don't cooperate, and we can also call on favors from those who we help. You've got to give to get back. Granted we tend to give more than we get back, but a certain amount of world involvement is necessary. Look at our relationship with China right now. Everyone is all pitching a fit that we are trading with them, well I would rather be on speaking terms with the next emerging super power, then at constant tension with them like we were for 40 years with Russia. As things sit right now, if China got pissed enough, they would probably kick our ***, but if we keep trade nice and freed up, and keep relations amicable it will go a lot better for us. Don't forget, it will hurt them too if trade gets cut off by EITHER side.

Those are just a couple things I have a problem with him about, besides sounding like a child in political debates: "He's making fun of me!". Of course, a politician's ability in debates does not dictate his ability in office, but it's all we get to see of him in the mean time and he'd better learn to start shining in them. He is going to be under opposition no matter what he does if he becomes President. He'll need to learn to deal with it and not start whining like a kid. In post debate interviews there's always like one person who thinks he won the debate.

Additionally, looking more in depth at Romney's economic policies, he is all for private industry, so Paul doesn't have much on him as far as I'm concerned.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:05 PM   #149
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
What immediately jumps to mind is his foreign policy. There is now way in hell I'm voting for someone who thinks we brought 911 on ourselves.
No where as Ron Paul said we are to blame for 9/11. That's like saying a murder victim is to blame for their murder. People do look for cause when a murder takes place however.

You think these people blow themselves up because we are simply free and richer than them? Would it have anything to do with the United States screwing with the Middle East since the 50's? We have so many bases in so many countries it's insane. It's bound to happen when you start building up military bases and embassies in places you aren't welcome.

We sure as **** didn't like it when Russia put missiles and bases on Cuba did we?

Quote:
I can understand his view on us staying isolationist and keeping out of other country's businesses, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. Look at us before WW1, we were not a world power, we were not exceptionally prosperous compared to the rest of the world, but once WW11 came rocking along and we started getting involved in other world affairs, we became a super power.
Look at Russia before they collapsed. The only other super power besides us. We didn't use our military to win that battle. Their economy collapsed because they couldn't keep up with their military empire they were building.

Why is our economy in the tank right now? Why is our government spending more money than it is taking in? It's not because we are spending it here in America that's for sure. We send money to just about every country. We secure Iraq's borders before we secure ours. We rebuild their infrastructure while our bridges are falling down. Just a few days ago there was a news article stating how over 1400 bridges in the US have yet to be properly inspected because of money problems.

Quote:
We can control a vast amount of trade throughout the world, we can impose sanctions and embargoes on countries that don't cooperate, and we can also call on favors from those who we help.
That's all fine and dandy but do't sit there and tell me we can do all this without pissing people off. Right now we are pissing the entire middle east off and have been for decades. 9/11 was a direct response to us messing with their affairs. If it isn't then you tell me why they came over here and hijacked 4 planes and flew them into buildings. Or why they bombed our embassies in the 90's or bombed the USS Cole and the WTC in 93.

Quote:
You've got to give to get back. Granted we tend to give more than we get back, but a certain amount of world involvement is necessary. Look at our relationship with China right now. Everyone is all pitching a fit that we are trading with them, well I would rather be on speaking terms with the next emerging super power, then at constant tension with them like we were for 40 years with Russia. As things sit right now, if China got pissed enough, they would probably kick our ***, but if we keep trade nice and freed up, and keep relations amicable it will go a lot better for us. Don't forget, it will hurt them too if trade gets cut off by EITHER side.
It would hurt the U.S. much more if China cut trade with us. We don't "tend" to give more than we get back. We always give more than we give back. Period. We send 100's of billions to Iraq ALONE. That's not counting the 10 billion we sent to Pakistan that they can't account for. Or the money sent to Saudia Arabia and the other middle eastern countries. Add on the fact that we have to maintain bases in over 180 countries and I'd say America is setting its self up for a disaster economically.

This current adminstrations foreign policy sucks ***. We start **** with anyone that looks at us wrong and can't beat us up in return. That's bull****.

America can be a super power without threatening countries. WWI and WWII did not warrant us setting up shop in every major country in the world.

Quote:
Those are just a couple things I have a problem with him about, besides sounding like a child in political debates: "He's making fun of me!".
Uh yea give me a break. I've watched all of the debates either real time or online. Not once did he ever say anything like that. I guess you prefer to see McCain and Romney rehash stupid **** over and over again. Ron Paul sticks to his guns in debates and he says exactly what he believes whether it will be received well or not. There are some things I don't agree with him with but I do on all of his major points.

Quote:
Of course, a politician's ability in debates does not dictate his ability in office, but it's all we get to see of him in the mean time and he'd better learn to start shining in them.
I agree he isn't the greatest debater in the world but he is doing better than Bush ever did.

Quote:
He is going to be under opposition no matter what he does if he becomes President. He'll need to learn to deal with it and not start whining like a kid.
No one is whining like a kid. If you don't believe the odds are stacked against him in the media then you are wrong. The second to last debate we had Romney had 21+ minutes of talking time versus 6 minutes for Ron Paul. Give me a break. At least try to make it even. In the last debate he gets cut off and lied too. So don't give me this whining crap when everyone else has it out for him. When he does get his time to speak they almost always ask him stupid questions.

Quote:
In post debate interviews there's always like one person who thinks he won the debate.
Who cares?

Quote:
Additionally, looking more in depth at Romney's economic policies, he is all for private industry, so Paul doesn't have much on him as far as I'm concerned.
Yea except for Romney having a stick up his *** and acting like John Kerry. If you ever gave John Kerry **** about changing his mind I don't see how you can support Romney. Other than just because he has an "R" in front of his name. While I agree Romney doesn't have a bad economic plan the rest of his campaign sucks. He doesn't have a solid position on much more than economics. His voting record and past comments don't back up what he is running on now.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #150
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
No where as Ron Paul said we are to blame for 9/11. That's like saying a murder victim is to blame for their murder. People do look for cause when a murder takes place however.
Yes he has in so many words. He says because of our intervention in the Middle East we have brought the attack on ourselves. His whole spiel about "what if others built bases on our land?" is stupid. There is no reason for another country to do that to us because we don't need policing. Iraq was attacking an ally in Kuwait, so we went and took care of business. Iran has been a thorn in our side because of the Iatola. We are helping people in the Middle East right now who are thankful for it and want us there. As the same with in the states, there is a vocal minority who are not happy about it.

Quote:
You think these people blow themselves up because we are simply free and richer than them? Would it have anything to do with the United States screwing with the Middle East since the 50's? We have so many bases in so many countries it's insane. It's bound to happen when you start building up military bases and embassies in places you aren't welcome.
Nice near word for word quote from Paul BTW. Our prosperity, our involvement in the middle east, our bases around the world, and my grandmother all have one thing in common: none of them are the reasons why we were attacked on 9/11. We were attacked because we were targeted, like many other countries WITHOUT all of the above, by a radical group of Muslims (as we are finding out now not incredibly radical btw) who see all none Muslims as infidels. They believe if they kill an infidel, that they will go become one with Alla and live in Heaven. We are infidels and worthy of death because we do not, as a country, worship Alla. If you think Bin Laden had anymore motivation other than that, the man without a country, then you are mistaken. We aren't the only country with military bases all over the world. Wherever we go, our presence has helped people, for at least the amount of time we were there. You don't see countries AS A WHOLE, rising up and attacking our bases. You see these little bands of radical Muslims doing it. Embassies you say? Phht, there are foreign embassies all over our soil.

Quote:
We sure as **** didn't like it when Russia put missiles and bases on Cuba did we?
Nope, we sure didn't because at any given SECOND we would have been at nuclear war with Russia. Russia also did it as a clear and simple message to us. We have no such tendencies, and the world knows it. Russia said, "look here, we can put a missile base right here, 90 miles away from our most hated enemy in the world". What do YOU think that meant? So we put a missile base in Iraq? Who cares? We have a speaking relationship with all the other countries in that area besides Syria and Iran. Sure most of them are tenuous, but it's not like putting a missile silo across the Euphrates from Syria. The world knows we aren't going to just haul off and smack Saudi Arabia in the *** with a missile unless they do something to us FIRST.

Quote:
Look at Russia before they collapsed. The only other super power besides us. We didn't use our military to win that battle. Their economy collapsed because they couldn't keep up with their military empire they were building.
Do you have any idea how many natural resources are sitting under Russia's soil? More than America could ever hope to find. Russia collapsed because of their own arrogance and stupidity. Their very form of Government is what failed them. Mass scale Communism does not work as a viable, economically successful form of government.

Quote:
Why is our economy in the tank right now? Why is our government spending more money than it is taking in? It's not because we are spending it here in America that's for sure. We send money to just about every country. We secure Iraq's borders before we secure ours. We rebuild their infrastructure while our bridges are falling down. Just a few days ago there was a news article stating how over 1400 bridges in the US have yet to be properly inspected because of money problems.
Because it's not "in the tank" right now. If you think this is in the tank, you should have lived in the late 70's and early 80's (I'm not saying I did, because I didn't obviously). Because unfortunately, that is how our government has ALWAYS worked and how it will ALWAYS work and it doesn't matter what bright ideas Ron Paul thinks he has, one person will not change it. One complete cleaning house election, replace every single member of every single branch of government, and it will still operate the same way. Now I do agree we need to take care of things here in America before we go and start doing things over there. However, pretty much what happens when a country gets rebuilt is the Army Corps of Engineers oversees work being done by local CIVILIANS...OR...private industry who work as contractors working with our government and the foreign government. I know a man that is making 200,00 bucks a year working with a contractor for the government over in Iraq on the rebuild process. It stimulates their economy because people are working and surprisingly enough very little of the money we send goes to rebuilding. Don't ask me where it actually goes because I don't know. Like I said, we need to make sure things are hunkey dory here before we go outside the country.


Quote:
That's all fine and dandy but do't sit there and tell me we can do all this without pissing people off. Right now we are pissing the entire middle east off and have been for decades. 9/11 was a direct response to us messing with their affairs. If it isn't then you tell me why they came over here and hijacked 4 planes and flew them into buildings. Or why they bombed our embassies in the 90's or bombed the USS Cole and the WTC in 93.
I told you why above, because to them we are infidels and don't worship Alla so we are worthy of death. Just like all other people's who don't believe like them. You and Paul are very mistaken thinking that these are COUNTRIES attacking us. Like this is an organized war with a clear and present enemy that is targetable and tangible. This is not the case. We are fighting people who hide behind women and children who don't even know what the fighting is for. We are fighting not just people hiding in caves working on "dirty bombs" we are also fighting random innitaited goat herders. We are fighting a high prominence politician, we are fighting the guy who goes to Mosque one day and to his secret meeting the next. There is no title or label or description to put on these people, they are from all over and have no allegiance to a country, just an ideal and therefore don't care directly if we have a base in the country they happen to be in. They just care that we don't believe like them and that they will go to Heaven if they kill one of us. Sorry, but Paul is wrong on this.



Quote:
It would hurt the U.S. much more if China cut trade with us. We don't "tend" to give more than we get back. We always give more than we give back. Period. We send 100's of billions to Iraq ALONE. That's not counting the 10 billion we sent to Pakistan that they can't account for. Or the money sent to Saudia Arabia and the other middle eastern countries. Add on the fact that we have to maintain bases in over 180 countries and I'd say America is setting its self up for a disaster economically.
It would hurt both countries probably close to equal. Both countries have several other places they can boost trade with to make up the difference. Right now, we are China's biggest trading partner, and vice versa. Tell me again how China would not be hugely affected as well just like us until we make up the difference with someone else.

Quote:
This current adminstrations foreign policy sucks ***. We start **** with anyone that looks at us wrong and can't beat us up in return. That's bull****.

America can be a super power without threatening countries. WWI and WWII did not warrant us setting up shop in every major country in the world.
Wow, Brent, I'm really disappointed in you with this. When did you start listening to CNN? You know what? I am actually disgusted that you now think this, you didn't used to. Let me remind you why we did this. We went to war with Iraq because, not just ours, but Britain's secret service both said he has WMD's. Hussein didn't like us, he would not live under the sanctions that the UN placed on him, he was committing Genocide. The mass genocide has now stopped, we found WMD's, just ask people that actually served, and now a mass murderer is no longer in power. The people there appreciate it, sure some are ready for us to leave, but if we leave now, the government will be overthrown again and some new radical dictator will replace the current administration effectively wasting everything we fought and died for over there. Can I just say again how disgusted I am to see that you think we are playing world bully over there.

Quote:
Uh yea give me a break. I've watched all of the debates either real time or online. Not once did he ever say anything like that. I guess you prefer to see McCain and Romney rehash stupid **** over and over again. Ron Paul sticks to his guns in debates and he says exactly what he believes whether it will be received well or not. There are some things I don't agree with him with but I do on all of his major points.


I can't stand seeing routine slam fests between politicians. Yep I'll give you he says whatever comes to mind, no matter what it is. Doesn't mean I have to agree with him just because he says something stupid. "But oh he believes it and he'll stick by it!" And I have to say he has some of the weirdest things in the debates. The candidates look around at each other, the host looks around at everyone else, all perplexed as can be and go on and just ignore him like when Brit Hume called him out on misinterpreting what I think it was Romney said, I forget who or the exact incidence.



Quote:
I agree he isn't the greatest debater in the world but he is doing better than Bush ever did.
lol, Bush sucked at debates, but he was doing better than Paul is.

Quote:
No one is whining like a kid. If you don't believe the odds are stacked against him in the media then you are wrong. The second to last debate we had Romney had 21+ minutes of talking time versus 6 minutes for Ron Paul. Give me a break. At least try to make it even. In the last debate he gets cut off and lied too. So don't give me this whining crap when everyone else has it out for him. When he does get his time to speak they almost always ask him stupid questions.
The odds are stacked against him because when given time, he says something so completely off the wall that it takes everyone several minutes to even realize what he is talking about.

Quote:
Who cares?
I don't care who they think won the debate, I'm just saying I agree with all but the one person who says he did win it.

Quote:
Yea except for Romney having a stick up his *** and acting like John Kerry. If you ever gave John Kerry **** about changing his mind I don't see how you can support Romney. Other than just because he has an "R" in front of his name. While I agree Romney doesn't have a bad economic plan the rest of his campaign sucks. He doesn't have a solid position on much more than economics. His voting record and past comments don't back up what he is running on now.
Like I said, I'm not thrilled with any of our candidates. I just know I'm sure as hell not voting Obama or Clinton. If it's Paul that's wins the nomination, then i will vote for him. If it's McCain, I will vote for him. None of them are my favorite, mine was Thompson, but I will certainly vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

And I've already spent too much time on this response so I'm done with this. I've said my piece and I don't feel like arguing with a Ron Paul commercial.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #151
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

you guys should write books... you have enough material for it.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular
 
likwuddeath06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Region: Alabama
Posts: 8
Send a message via AIM to likwuddeath06
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

even if ron paul wasn't psycho, i'd still be afraid of him. he looks like he could die any second? PLUSSSS++++ Huckabee's got a ROCKBAND!!!
__________________
*BuyMyPaintballStuff*
*****XboxLive*****
****NotSoLucky ****
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:
HAMBURGERS!!!!....The Cornerstone of any Nutritional Breakfast!
likwuddeath06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #153
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourAverageAmerican
Because unfortunately, that is how our government has ALWAYS worked and how it will ALWAYS work and it doesn't matter what bright ideas Ron Paul thinks he has, one person will not change it.
And that, my friends, is why we are in the mess we are in.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #154
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
And that, my friends, is why we are in the mess we are in.
Our government is set up so that one person CANNOT make a difference, and one person is not going to change the minds of exactly 536 other people when they all have ulterior motives for keeping government the way it is. Oh, and there is convincing all the hangers on that are dependent on the free handouts that the government gives that keeps government big and in it's constant state of overspending.

Now if you were to put some points in the talent tree item of "Super Convincing Skill Rank 3" then you might have a chance...

But my bad, I see obviously now how one person can completely change the United States government single handedly without the aid of a majority. My bad.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #155
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Our government is set up so that one person CANNOT make a difference, and one person is not going to change the minds of exactly 536 other people when they all have ulterior motives for keeping government the way it is. Oh, and there is convincing all the hangers on that are dependent on the free handouts that the government gives that keeps government big and in it's constant state of overspending.

Now if you were to put some points in the talent tree item of "Super Convincing Skill Rank 3" then you might have a chance...

But my bad, I see obviously now how one person can completely change the United States government single handedly without the aid of a majority. My bad.
Just because you are too lazy and pessimistic to bring about change doesn't mean that others are. People have done it before, and they will do it again.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #156
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

We need a revolution!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #157
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Just because you are too lazy and pessimistic to bring about change doesn't mean that others are. People have done it before, and they will do it again.
And posting arrogant, condescending babble on a mustang forum must be as good a way as any to do your part for bringing about change right? I above most people I know believe one person can make the difference in many things. But I am not blissfully unaware enough to think that ANY of our current candidates has the power to change our government single-handedly.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #158
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
And posting arrogant, condescending babble on a mustang forum must be as good a way as any to do your part for bringing about change right? I above most people I know believe one person can make the difference in many things. But I am not blissfully unaware enough to think that ANY of our current candidates has the power to change our government single-handedly.
Hey, I never said I was any better. I'm just as useless as you are. If you want to talk about arrogant, how about "I above most people I know"...

As far as condescending... Yes. I was indeed condescending.

condescend: To descend to the level of one considered inferior

Now, that's me being arrogant.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #159
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Your words make me hurt down deep inside
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #160
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

I just posted this comment on a Fox news story about MTV's candidate forum last night. It should be fun to see whether or not it "passes the filters".

Here's a link to the story: Obama Reaches Out to Youth Audience - You Decide 08!


Quote:
This is indeed sad. The attempted censorship of Ron Paul continues.

Thankfully, there are plenty of young people out there who are smart enough to realize what is going on. The media will do all it can to continue filtering and skewing the facts so that our perception of reality is exactly what they want it to be. Unfortunately for them, the youth of America has found a new way to communicate with one another and the world. While it still may not be perfect (for instance, it's very likely that no one other than myself and our friendly "moderators" will ever see this message), it is much better then being spoon fed in front of a TV.

The reason the online support for Ron Paul has been so huge is simple. The Internet is where the people who are looking for real change come to get their facts and discuss the candidates with others in a free and open environment. The Internet does not squash the message of Ron Paul like other outlets do. Of course, the media would like you to believe that it's just the work of a much smaller group of "spammers". How convenient.

As far as Obama, he does sound like he has some very good ideas to solve issues that are very important to young people. The only problem is that he "sounds like" he has them, and that's it. Democratic plans such as government-funded universal health care and covering the costs of everyone's student loans only hurt young people.

Why? Because it is the young people who will pay for it. That money has to come from somewhere. Guess where? YOUR pockets. Whether you like it or not. And we will continue to pay for it for the rest of our lives.

Why can't I decide where my own money goes? If the government wasn't taking 1/3 of my income to fund their bloated bureaucracy, I'm sure I could afford my own education and health care just fine.

The fact is that as long as the government controls our income, we will never have true freedom. When you think about it, every cent you make on every pay check is theirs. They just choose to let you keep a certain amount. The worst part is, they have the power to change what that amount is at will, with absolutely NO input from you.

Ron Paul supports abolishing the plague that is the IRS, and that's why I'll continue to support him. I'm just glad to see that so many more of you feel the same. I feel very hopeful for our future when I see so many of us finally snapping out of the trance that the puppeteers have held us in for so many years.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #161
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

I'm not going to respond to all that you posted because I just drove 6 hours and it's quite obvious you have made up your mind that our current state of affairs is acceptable. You have no problem attacking countries unprovoked and turning a blind eye to the fact that every single reason that was given to go to war turned out to be wrong, removing leaders of countries from power only to put in ones that will end up screwing us over in the future and spending a trillion dollars a year on all the military bases we have in this world.

The facts are that the extremists use our excessive military presence and force to market their propaganda and recruit. They don't just recruit people to go blow up buildings and airplanes because we worship a different religion than they do. We are stepping on their soil, their religion and their way of beliefs. It's as simple as that.

Your comment on one person not being able to change anything is stupid as well. Ron Paul could do a lot to move this country to a more responsible government within the first year of being President.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #162
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwuddeath06 View Post
even if ron paul wasn't psycho, i'd still be afraid of him. he looks like he could die any second? PLUSSSS++++ Huckabee's got a ROCKBAND!!!
Huckabee's an idiot. He's the Republican version of Bill Clinton. Just a smooth talking politician.

"Hey look at me I say Jesus more than any other candidate."
"Hey look at me I can play a musical instrument."

There are only two candidates for the Republican side I would vote for. Ron Paul and John McCain. I'm voting for Ron Paul Tuesday. If John McCain gets the nomination I'll vote for him in November. If Romney or Huckabee gets it I'll be voting Libertarian or Independent depending on the candidates.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #163
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

I take back what I said about Huckabee. He said "Roll Tide" on national tv tonight
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #164
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I take back what I said about Huckabee. He said "Roll Tide" on national tv tonight
Well... as I said to you before. I wish I could go take my vote back.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #165
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Huckabee's only chance of getting elected is his push for ending the Income tax. Other than that he doesn't have much to stand on that other Republicans don't already agree on. I'm just terribly upset that the nominations came down to these three guys. I wish Fred Thompson hadn't screwed around and acted like he owned America.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:07 AM   #166
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

I hate California.
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #167
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I hate California.
concur. didnt see that one coming (IE Hitlery winning primary)...........

it saddens me the best candidate for presidency in almost half a century is the bottom of the barrel because his views are so "normal" compared to your standard politician. only guy so far (other than Huckabee's attempt at dissolving income tax) that truly realizes what ideals this country was founded on and how those ideals are key to taking back America, and bringing it up to the glorious nation it was post WWII.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #168
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
concur. didnt see that one coming (IE Hitlery winning primary)...........

it saddens me the best candidate for presidency in almost half a century is the bottom of the barrel because his views are so "normal" compared to your standard politician. only guy so far (other than Huckabee's attempt at dissolving income tax) that truly realizes what ideals this country was founded on and how those ideals are key to taking back America, and bringing it up to the glorious nation it was post WWII.
As long as McCain doesn't win, I'm happy.
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:05 AM   #169
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

as long as hillary doesnt win ill be ecstatic!

if she does, ill be rethinking my title as an american citizen.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:31 AM   #170
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

I want Hillary to get the Dem nod. That way, it is almost guaranteed that the Repubs will get the presidency this year.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #171
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Romney Drops Presidential Bid - You Decide 08!

wow... did not see that coming.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #172
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

It'll be McCain and Obama. The election will be close.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #173
Registered Member
Regular
 
Y2E0L0L5OGWT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Region: Maryland
Posts: 595
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

All the bickering, arguing, and bantering above is the precise reason why our current political structure sucks, and why several of our nation's "Founding Fathers" warned against the devolopment of such a political structure based on particular parties...
Voting in the current system as it is structured is nothing more than voting for the "lesser of two evils"...Take Brent for instance, He loves Rob Paul...which is fine...I dont have anything against Rob Paul...but Ron Paul will not nor will he ever get the Republican nod...which means McCain or Huckabee will get the Republican nod, both of which Brent probably hates (hypothetically speaking)...but, when it comes to the election time, Brent will end up voting for McCain or Huckabee because he really hates Hillary or Obama...That whole struture is just ridiculous to me...People would rather see their particular party win, even if they don't agree with who their party has elected to represent them just because they want the opposing party/candidate to lose...
I refuse to say that I am "Rep" or "Dem" because that is just assanine...I don't particularly care for or agree with much of any of the remaining candidates...so (1) I either will choose not to vote because our political system sucks or (2) I will simply write in my vote for Mickey Mouse again or maybe kermit the frog because they are nothing more than fictional characters/puppets opperated by whomever their owning group might be...in this case, it would be the Reps. or Dems...
People should have the genuine opportunity to vote for someone they truly believe in, someone they can trust, someone who is strong and will lead the country justly, passionately, and the way it was originally founded to be run...by strong (WO)MEN who have real values and aren't just elected because they are "less of a sh*thead than the other guy"...
/rant

Sorry for using you Brent, I was just trying to use you as a generalization...Not picking on you in the slightest...
__________________
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #174
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Huckabee does have some sense, anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
And unlike Romney, Huckabee is speaking out against Republicans who say they won't rally behind McCain if he's the nominee.

"There's no way that they can call themselves conservative and do that," he said on CNN's "American Morning."You know, some people need to switch to decaf."
Source
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #175
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: The Offical Election 2008 Debate Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
All the bickering, arguing, and bantering above is the precise reason why our current political structure sucks, and why several of our nation's "Founding Fathers" warned against the devolopment of such a political structure based on particular parties...
I agree. I hate the two party system.

Quote:
Voting in the current system as it is structured is nothing more than voting for the "lesser of two evils"...Take Brent for instance, He loves Rob Paul...which is fine...I dont have anything against Rob Paul...but Ron Paul will not nor will he ever get the Republican nod...which means McCain or Huckabee will get the Republican nod, both of which Brent probably hates (hypothetically speaking)...but, when it comes to the election time, Brent will end up voting for McCain or Huckabee because he really hates Hillary or Obama...
No, I'll end up voting Independent or Libertarian. I'm done supporting people I don't like just because I hate the other person more.

Quote:
That whole struture is just ridiculous to me...People would rather see their particular party win, even if they don't agree with who their party has elected to represent them just because they want the opposing party/candidate to lose...
There is a pretty drastic difference in John Kerry and George Bush in 04. It's not like they had the same issues and we had to choose which one we hated the most. So it's not that cut and dry.

Quote:
I refuse to say that I am "Rep" or "Dem" because that is just assanine...I don't particularly care for or agree with much of any of the remaining candidates...so (1) I either will choose not to vote because our political system sucks or (2) I will simply write in my vote for Mickey Mouse again or maybe kermit the frog because they are nothing more than fictional characters/puppets opperated by whomever their owning group might be...in this case, it would be the Reps. or Dems...
Instead of doing that why not just vote Independent or Libertarian? Just because all you see in the media is Rep and Dem doesn't mean there aren't other options. Not voting or voting for fictional characters is not going to change anything for sure. You might as well vote for something you believe in. If you tell me that you can't find a candidate out of the long list that ran, for example in 04, that I don't know what to tell you.

Quote:
People should have the genuine opportunity to vote for someone they truly believe in, someone they can trust, someone who is strong and will lead the country justly, passionately, and the way it was originally founded to be run...by strong (WO)MEN who have real values and aren't just elected because they are "less of a sh*thead than the other guy"...
/rant
and I plan to do that, whether or not that person has a chance to win or not.

Sorry for using you Brent, I was just trying to use you as a generalization...Not picking on you in the slightest...[/QUOTE]
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diebold Accidentally leaks 2008 election results Brent Pictures and Videos 2 02-25-2008 07:52 PM
New Poll Finds True Issue in the 2008 Debate Brent Pictures and Videos 3 10-23-2007 07:32 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:44 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.