NASCAR Fans ?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #1

Region: Virginia
NASCAR Fans ??

If your a fan then I'm sure your watching the Daytona 500 today.... I know I am !!!!

#17 Team Roush for the win
SNK3BTE04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
Re: NASCAR Fans ??

YEAAA BUDDY! i'm not the only one Go Roush Fenway Racing! I'm a Biffle fan, one of the few..lol but def. cheering on Edwards & Kenseth too!
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
I pull for 17 when I watch which is usually the last 50 laps or so lol only time I watch the whole thing is when I go. Never been to Daytona to watch, but have been on the tour, great venue.
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #4

I prefer watching Short tracks in person because of the close beating n banging style it provides. Although it would be sweet to visit Daytona during the 500

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6
YEAAA BUDDY! i'm not the only one Go Roush Fenway Racing! I'm a Biffle fan, one of the few..lol but def. cheering on Edwards & Kenseth too!
+100. Team Roush
Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Raining pretty hard…
Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Gotta pull for my boys, Johnson and Gordon!.. Hoping Danica Patrick does good but very doubtful she will!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner
Gotta pull for my boys, Johnson and Gordon!.. Hoping Danica Patrick does good but very doubtful she will!...
I'm enjoying the Danica interviews for sure ... Sexy woman in fast race car .... PRICELESS
Old 02-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
Ive only been to Taladega but loved it! Def love seeing it in person. The sounds and smells are irreplaceable. Hope the race starts soon.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK3BTE04

I'm enjoying the Danica interviews for sure ... Sexy woman in fast race car .... PRICELESS
That's why I'm hoping she will last!.. But I'm doubtful because no woman has lasted in this sport!..

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Ive only been to Taladega but loved it! Def love seeing it in person. The sounds and smells are irreplaceable. Hope the race starts soon.
Ya I'm getting restless with all these f***ing interviews and all!!... LETS GO RACING BOYS!!!..... lol
Old 02-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Now they are showing old Cheers reruns...
Yet another example of why I don't care too much for NASCAR. Basically every other form of major Motorsport race in the rain, including AMA SuperBike, WSB and Moto GP.. :rollseyes: guess considering they just are discovering fuel injection it may take a while to discover rain tires
Old 02-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Richmond is my fav by far. Best short track racing out there and even better in person.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Yet another example of why I don't care too much for NASCAR. Basically every other form of major Motorsport race in the rain, including AMA SuperBike, WSB and Moto GP.. :rollseyes: guess considering they just are discovering fuel injection it may take a while to discover rain tires
That's true BUT ..... No other racing division or knockoff can compete with NASCAR so they must be doing something right!!!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

F1, Moto GP and WSB are all world wide, and they turn right too...That's why Daytona is called 'the great AMERICAN race'.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #13

Quote:
F1, Moto GP and WSB are all world wide, and they turn right too...That's why Daytona is called 'the great AMERICAN race'.
NASCAR turns right also .... It's called road courses.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

NASCAR turns right also .... It's called road courses.
Twice a year don't count IMO..
It's fun cause it's home grown, but there are far more interesting and competitive forms of racing. I don't care much for drag racing either but I like it better then driving in circles lol don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those guys can't drive at all. Jimmie Johnson and a few others are great drivers, just saying it airs on the side of boring especially on tv, that's all.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Comparing any form of racing to another, is like comparing a Mustang GT to a Corvette, and then trying to argue which is better!!... Is stupid!.. Both are different style and in different classes!.. NASCAR is a different style and form of racing!.. It has it's own heritage than all the others!..
Old 02-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Comparing any form of racing to another, is like comparing a Mustang GT to a Corvette, and then trying to argue which is better!!... Is stupid!.. Both are different style and in different classes!.. NASCAR is a different style and form of racing!.. It has it's own heritage than all the others!..
NASCAR is stone age tech and boring. If bikes can run 200 in the rain, and knee drag in the rain there's zero excuse for the great American race being held on a Monday at noon, effectively killing and limiting both live audience and tv audience. I guess since all the tix are payed for its no skin off their ***...
Old 02-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

NASCAR is stone age tech and boring. If bikes can run 200 in the rain, and knee drag in the rain there's zero excuse for the great American race being held on a Monday at noon, effectively killing and limiting both live audience and tv audience. I guess since all the tix are payed for its no skin off their ***...
Once again your comparing apples to oranges!.. Two different sanctioning bodies!.. Two different racing styles!.. And not to mention two completely different kinds of vehicles!!... Lol. Trying to say what one thing should do based off of what some thing completely different, does and or can do, is just stupid!..
Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Blah blah blah………excuses excuses excuses……… there's is no reason why they can't race in rain other then they don't want too……simple as that....... Every other form of racing does……they adopted EFI, it's only a matter of time before they start racing more road courses and in the rain.......all sports evolve……eventually NASCAR will too……
Old 02-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Blah blah blah………excuses excuses excuses……… there's is no reason why they can't race in rain other then they don't want too……simple as that....... Every other form of racing does……they adopted EFI, it's only a matter of time before they start racing more road courses and in the rain.......all sports evolve……eventually NASCAR will too……
Your still comparing two different things!!... Lol. Me I love and respect all forms of racing just like I love and respect all forms of cars!.. I can sit and watch any and all forms of motor sports!.. Personally I don't consider it to be a real sport unless it has at least two wheels and a couple hundred HP!.. Of course NASCAR is my number one favorite closely followed by Drag Racing!..
Old 02-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Your still comparing two different things!!... Lol. Me I love and respect all forms of racing just like I love and respect all forms of cars!.. I can sit and watch any and all forms of motor sports!.. Personally I don't consider it to be a real sport unless it has at least two wheels and a couple hundred HP!.. Of course NASCAR is my number one favorite closely followed by Drag Racing!..
That explains it……
Old 02-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That explains it……
Explains what?....
Old 02-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Hell ya I'm ready for noon gonna call off work and drink some suds
Old 02-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #23

Quote:

Twice a year don't count IMO..
It's fun cause it's home grown, but there are far more interesting and competitive forms of racing. I don't care much for drag racing either but I like it better then driving in circles lol don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those guys can't drive at all. Jimmie Johnson and a few others are great drivers, just saying it airs on the side of boring especially on tv, that's all.
Lol, I hear ya man. I grew up on NASCAR w/ my father so it's grown on me over the years. I appreciate ALL forms of racing but def have my fav.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Lol, I hear ya man. I grew up on NASCAR w/ my father so it's grown on me over the years. I appreciate ALL forms of racing but def have my fav.
Grew up a summit point, VIR, and old Dominion watching my pop road and drag race bikes

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar