Happiest moment of my life! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Happiest moment of my life!

I'm 20 years old and just last week experienced the most happy moment of my life.

In high school I was a strait A student and never had a challenge in my life. Everything came so easy to me. I was on top of the world. Except when it came to college. I applied to a few colleges but there was only one that I wanted to go to, Cal Poly SLO, aka the best undergrad engineering school in the country. I got denied. I then appealed and got denied again. I was crushed. My dad blamed me for my inability to "work hard" for not getting in.

I proceeded to pick up the pieces of my life with a new attitude. I went to community college. I got a job at a fast food restaurant( in n out). I bought my mustang with the money I was earning from my new job.

Last week I went to the school library to do homework and checked on my application for cal poly to transfer as a junior. I was Accepted! The first thing I did was call my dad. I told him and he started to cry. I was standing on top of the steps to library but might has well of been Mt. Olympus. I'm going to go the best college, I'm driving the fastest car on campus and working for one of the best companies. I have never been happier in my life.

Moral of the story, don't give up on your dreams. What's your happiest moment in your life?
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
congratulations man.thats awsome.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
Verrry nice! Hard work pays off! Congrats!
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Sweet man! Congrats! American Dream in motion!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys. This last week has really been blissful for me. My future is unfolding before my eyes. An I get to race my dad this month at a local autocross event. He has an m3 so I'm going to lose but it will be fun anyway. Were hopefully drag racing soon so I should win that. The mustangs stomping grounds.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
WOOT WOOT!!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Congrats man!!!!! That's huge!!!!!!
I'm still working on getting into college, with graduation in 85 days, working 2 jobs, insane parents, a wild pony to take care of plus Highschool its a crazy ride, but I cannot wait for it to pay off!

So proud of yoouuuu! Lol but really, Congrats

Hmmmm proudest moment of my life.. when my hard work on cars is recognized, like when people take pictures of Jet, gather around him or point and gawk it makes me beam like no other it makes working 4 days straight in 125 degree heat where it all began sooo worth it...!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Congrats

Skydiving with my dad, my daughter, and some other things and getting recognized for work.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf
Congrats man!!!!! That's huge!!!!!!
I'm still working on getting into college, with graduation in 85 days, working 2 jobs, insane parents, a wild pony to take care of plus Highschool its a crazy ride, but I cannot wait for it to pay off!

So proud of yoouuuu! Lol but really, Congrats

Hmmmm proudest moment of my life.. when my hard work on cars is recognized, like when people take pictures of Jet, gather around him or point and gawk it makes me beam like no other it makes working 4 days straight in 125 degree heat where it all began sooo worth it...!
Were identical! I have two jobs, in n out and I'm a tutor on campus, I am taking 18 units and spending every bit of spare time on my stang. Search the 2011 gt threads for "trunk lid gt badge" to see what I'm making right now. Have fun with graduation! High school grad is a blast.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta vt

Were identical! I have two jobs, in n out and I'm a tutor on campus, I am taking 18 units and spending every bit of spare time on my stang. Search the 2011 gt threads for "trunk lid gt badge" to see what I'm making right now. Have fun with graduation! High school grad is a blast.
Twinninnggg! Lol
I work for two different autoglass shops as well as doing custom work on cars on the side, its a hell of a schedule to balance ha
I saw that! With the formula, genius. I'm doing a snarling wolf on mine, just haven't gotten around to it yet
Oh trust me I will, ill be heading out to Italy for two weeks right after then ill be moving to Miami, FL so life is gunna be perfect! Cannot wait, soooo close!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar