Whats the worst car deal you've ever had? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Whats the worst car deal you've ever had?

Tell me a story about the most BS car deal or how much of a pain it was to sell you car or buying one. And I'll tell you mine.
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I paid 1600 for a 1972 gran Torino which when i finally got it home, found how many holes it had and upon research and looking at looking junk yards found out that parts for it, are extremely hard to find, and i sold it not to long ago for a wonderful 500 bucks....worst deal I have ever made was wasting my money on that car...i loved the body style just wish i would have done a bit more searching before buying it...
96gt014.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96gt014.6
I paid 1600 for a 1972 gran Torino which when i finally got it home, found how many holes it had and upon research and looking at looking junk yards found out that parts for it, are extremely hard to find, and i sold it not to long ago for a wonderful 500 bucks....worst deal I have ever made was wasting my money on that car...i loved the body style just wish i would have done a bit more searching before buying it...
Man now that's a tough story to hear. I wish people would be more truthful about their cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
When I first went to buy my 2011 grabber blue gt I went to a dealer and told them exactly what I wanted and they said ok, they found one out of state they will have to get shipped here. They insisted that I do the paperwork that day instead of waiting for the car to come in. I expressed my worry for doing the paperwork so soon and they assured me, they guaranteed me, that there would be no issues and that the car would be there the next day. I called the next day and they said it would be there in 2 more days...... Ok, I'll wait a few more days, stuff happens right? So 2 more days go by and I call them again. They tell me that the car is NO LONGER AVAIlBLE and that is had been sold to someone else. They didn't call me to tell me, they didn't even care that the deal had fallen through. WORST DEALER EVER!!!!!!!!!! They sold me a car that was already sold and didn't even care to let me know when they screwed up. They didn't even try to fix their mistake. They didn't care. Needless to say I told them where they can put their paperwork and their car and I refuse to ever do business with them again.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
When I first went to buy my 2011 grabber blue gt I went to a dealer and told them exactly what I wanted and they said ok, they found one out of state they will have to get shipped here. They insisted that I do the paperwork that day instead of waiting for the car to come in. I expressed my worry for doing the paperwork so soon and they assured me, they guaranteed me, that there would be no issues and that the car would be there the next day. I called the next day and they said it would be there in 2 more days...... Ok, I'll wait a few more days, stuff happens right? So 2 more days go by and I call them again. They tell me that the car is NO LONGER AVAIlBLE and that is had been sold to someone else. They didn't call me to tell me, they didn't even care that the deal had fallen through. WORST DEALER EVER!!!!!!!!!! They sold me a car that was already sold and didn't even care to let me know when they screwed up. They didn't even try to fix their mistake. They didn't care. Needless to say I told them where they can put their paperwork and their car and I refuse to ever do business with them again.
Woe! I'd kill them!

Here in Venezuela, cars get overvalued once its yours. In 2008, i bought a fusion for 10.600$ and sold it last year with 45k miles in 20.000k. With that money, bought my 2007 gt. Initialy, it costed 10.000K fron dealer in 2007.

Here, buying and selling cars is a really big move
MustangCaracas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangCaracas

Woe! I'd kill them!

Here in Venezuela, cars get overvalued once its yours. In 2008, i bought a fusion for 10.600$ and sold it last year with 45k miles in 20.000k. With that money, bought my 2007 gt. Initialy, it costed 10.000K fron dealer in 2007.

Here, buying and selling cars is a really big move
Wow!!! That's amazing. If I was you I would keep buying and selling my way up into something crazy like a Porsche turbo or Ferrari 458 or something lol

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995boss
Tell me a story about the most BS car deal or how much of a pain it was to sell you car or buying one. And I'll tell you mine.
Was yours worse than mine?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Man now that's a tough story to hear. I wish people would be more truthful about their cars.
It is a bit a tough. And yeah same here. What's your story
96gt014.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Worst experience I had was when I bought a nicely overhauled older mid 70s super crew F250 super duty. The truck was nice, had a 460 with granny first gear, I was going to pull the world with that truck. Bought it for a good price and began the hour drive home. Fat dumb and happy on the highway 10 minutes from home the truck overheats and I had to pull over. Checked the fluids and stuff, and they were all good. Tried to get it restarted and it would not move. Come to find out distributor was loose and turned on its own. Motor seized, I cried.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Worst buy= 20% interest rate v_v.... Just a few more months before I can refinance!
Babystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Wow!!! That's amazing. If I was you I would keep buying and selling my way up into something crazy like a Porsche turbo or Ferrari 458 or something lol

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Was yours worse than mine?
Those cars are unreachable here! Aint any dealer here. Just mercedes, audi and bmw. No more than that
MustangCaracas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
So, I wrote a novel...

When I was 22 I bought my first brand new truck. I was stupid. I had no idea I could negotiate the price/options. I basically was waiting to get phucked! I told them what I wanted, a black, 5.4, SuperCrew, 4x4, dark interior and a sunroof. I ended up with a black, 4.6, SuperCrew, 2wd, light gray interior and no sunroof.

I paid retail and it was almost as much as the loaded f150 that I really wanted. I didn't even know how much I was paying or what my APR was when I signed the paperwork! I was a fool and they took advantage of that. I was $6,000 upside down on that truck when I traded it in 3 years later.

I learned a hard lesson over that truck. The dealer/salesman is not your friend. You can joke and have a good time shopping for cars but once you cut through the BS the smiles go away and they try to take you for everything.

Getting ripped off so young has made me a great negotiator. I love car shopping now. I don't even look at the MSRP or give a flying puck about their cash back rebates. I shoot them a extremely ridiculous offer and watch them get all red and huff and puff, I've even walked out on a salesman that told me I'm wasting his valuable time with such a weak offer just to have him call me back before I even got on the highway sayin, let's work on the numbers a little more.

Lol, I've bought several new vehicles for myself and I've negotiated several other deals on behalf of my friends and family.

My biggest moment was negotiating the purchase of my Dad's 2010 F350. I remember sitting with the finance manger and my Father and I laid the deal out for them and displayed my skills before my Dad. He gave me this look, I honestly think it was the proudest he had ever been of me. He looked like he was about to tear up. I tear up just thinking about it.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Tried to get into a KB supercharged Mach 1 and they had us sign paperwork for two days and then told us we needed $5k down cash because it had a supercharger.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Dang guys sounds like everyone's had a pretty harsh deal through the years. My story's about me selling my old truck I had.

This truck was an 1982 Chevy K10

To start to off I was about 17 at the time when I was planing to get ready to go to college the following year. I needed a car that I could drive a few hours away for school and not kill me in gas money. I didn't have my parents to lend me money so I could keep my truck and have a car. 2 cars on insurance SUCKS FYI, but I made the decision to sell the truck and get another Sn95. I had the truck on Craig's list for about a day and got a crazy amount of calls on it and told people they could come take a look. I got offers let and right but all were lowballers I know what it was worth and wasn't setting for any less. So long story short my neighbor come over and I tell him I wanted $7,500 for the truck and he said this
"hey I know your going to need money for college so I'll give you 9 for the truck. I was shocked and said year I'll see the truck to you. Took down all the listings and was going to change all the fluids for him. Changed all the spark plugs and me an my dad were all happy and he revved up the truck and BOOM. The trany went out. Paid about another grand for the trany to get rebuilt we pulled it an put it back in. Then I go to the house tell him he's getting a tranny with brand new parts and he offered to pay even more!!! I said no its fine. He's come the next day to pick it up and my dad said just make a bank check to me and he said no I have the money in the house WTF who just has $9,000 just laying about. He's comes back and tried to give me $900 bucks for a truck well worth $7,500 all day. I told him are you serious he's said
" I thought you mean 750?" I told him to GTFO

I might add the guy was well into his 40's

Ended up selling it to an actor in New York

Some pics of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2543311524.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	318.7 KB
ID:	42365

Name:	image-3552761865.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	42366

Name:	image-751721142.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	42367

Name:	image-1747950172.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	42368
Old 03-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Dang guys sounds like everyone's had a pretty harsh deal through the years. My story's about me selling my old truck I had.

This truck was an 1982 Chevy K10

To start to off I was about 17 at the time when I was planing to get ready to go to college the following year. I needed a car that I could drive a few hours away for school and not kill me in gas money. I didn't have my parents to lend me money so I could keep my truck and have a car. 2 cars on insurance SUCKS FYI, but I made the decision to sell the truck and get another Sn95. I had the truck on Craig's list for about a day and got a crazy amount of calls on it and told people they could come take a look. I got offers let and right but all were lowballers I know what it was worth and wasn't setting for any less. So long story short my neighbor come over and I tell him I wanted $7,500 for the truck and he said this
"hey I know your going to need money for college so I'll give you 9 for the truck. I was shocked and said year I'll see the truck to you. Took down all the listings and was going to change all the fluids for him. Changed all the spark plugs and me an my dad were all happy and he revved up the truck and BOOM. The trany went out. Paid about another grand for the trany to get rebuilt we pulled it an put it back in. Then I go to the house tell him he's getting a tranny with brand new parts and he offered to pay even more!!! I said no its fine. He's come the next day to pick it up and my dad said just make a bank check to me and he said no I have the money in the house WTF who just has $9,000 just laying about. He's comes back and tried to give me $900 bucks for a truck well worth $7,500 all day. I told him are you serious he's said
" I thought you mean 750?" I told him to GTFO

I might add the guy was well into his 40's

Ended up selling it to an actor in New York

Some pics of it.
Wow I got scared there for a minute.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Lol long story. But it all worked out.

Rule of thumb never say you've sold it till you get the money in hand. Just reposted the listings and sold it about a week later.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
So, I wrote a novel...

When I was 22 I bought my first brand new truck. I was stupid. I had no idea I could negotiate the price/options. I basically was waiting to get phucked! I told them what I wanted, a black, 5.4, SuperCrew, 4x4, dark interior and a sunroof. I ended up with a black, 4.6, SuperCrew, 2wd, light gray interior and no sunroof.

I paid retail and it was almost as much as the loaded f150 that I really wanted. I didn't even know how much I was paying or what my APR was when I signed the paperwork! I was a fool and they took advantage of that. I was $6,000 upside down on that truck when I traded it in 3 years later.

I learned a hard lesson over that truck. The dealer/salesman is not your friend. You can joke and have a good time shopping for cars but once you cut through the BS the smiles go away and they try to take you for everything.

Getting ripped off so young has made me a great negotiator. I love car shopping now. I don't even look at the MSRP or give a flying puck about their cash back rebates. I shoot them a extremely ridiculous offer and watch them get all red and huff and puff, I've even walked out on a salesman that told me I'm wasting his valuable time with such a weak offer just to have him call me back before I even got on the highway sayin, let's work on the numbers a little more.

Lol, I've bought several new vehicles for myself and I've negotiated several other deals on behalf of my friends and family.

My biggest moment was negotiating the purchase of my Dad's 2010 F350. I remember sitting with the finance manger and my Father and I laid the deal out for them and displayed my skills before my Dad. He gave me this look, I honestly think it was the proudest he had ever been of me. He looked like he was about to tear up. I tear up just thinking about it.
The reason the dealer wins often times is people get emotional about the deal. Like you did at first. They know this and they can play a game. But it's up to you the individual to do your home work.
I got lucky and found a deal at CarMax. It was a smooth sale. Though I know I could've got 300 to 500 more for the old Chrysler. I used to believe mechanics and dealers oil change places when they said the car needed all this stuff. One day I got burned by just brakes, $800 brake job for crappy pads and rotors. From then on I got wiser and wiser.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Eww 800$ that sucks.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03GT88
Eww 800$ that sucks.
Yeah it did. I was young and stupid they took me for a ride, but as I've got older and learned I'm much more hesitant to say ok!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I went to look at a new edge I found on craigslist for 2k at a used car lot

But when I got there and asked the guy where the car was I just called about the guy told me he just sold it

The car supposedly had 200k and I had talked to the guy a half hour before I got there so it's impossible that he sold it, and it was a sunday so how could they have taken it off the lot?

I was beyond mad especially when the guy tried to sell me a red 95 mustang that looked like it was beat up and the paint falling off so the whole ad was a joke for them to get buyers for there lemon cars.

A few months later I found another new edge for 2k this time with 126k and this one was legit and ended up driving home with it so in the end I got a better deal but just that I fell for a fake ad I wasn't to happy

After about a year of the car scam i find out that the guy was going to lose his dealers license for doing the same thing to other people
znpzmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Re: Whats the worst car deal you've ever had?

I was 15 and started looking for mustangs

Found this sonic blue 02 v6 on autotrader...it was about 20 miles east of where I lived, so easy enough. Went with my mom lol, my dad was out of town for work. Suprisingly, and new to me she knew quite a bit about cars.

So we start looking the car over...the seller is this kid in his early 20's..bought it new after he got a job at the prison and wanted a more "winter friendly" car. So we take it out for a test drive..he drives first then let's my mom drive. Everything seems fine minus the sh*tload of dog hair in the car...so while we're test driving we asked him if it was in any accidents or had any repairs. He quickly said no, and my mom knew something was up. She asked him about his prison job, started small talk and then mentioned that she worked at the local police department as a guard and had a bunch of cop friends etc. etc. Then he hesitantly says that he did have a slight "incident" the previous winter. Slid into a pole and needed a new bumper, radiator support, repainted hood, new headlight lol. Funny how we was quick to be super honest after the mention of friends in law enforcement.

So we come down to talking money and we asked him to see the title...stupid bastard couldn't find the title in his house. His girlfriend was just shaking her head...he seriously couldn't find it..so what does he say next..."well you could still write me a check, take the car and I'll mail you the title when I find it"

Needless to say I didn't end up with that car (thank god) and a week later my mom found my current stang online, I left school early the next day and drove 2+ hours to see it, drove it home that evening and I was one happy sumb*tch ...so glad I didn't buy that 02..my current one was cheaper and had 17k miles vs his 29k.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

« Dont lie(: | help »