Girlfriends wreck - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Girlfriends wreck

Y gf just got into a wreck. Could you put full coverage on a car before there's an accident report and before a cop enters the scene?
Blackedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout
Y gf just got into a wreck. Could you put full coverage on a car before there's an accident report and before a cop enters the scene?
You could try it, but if you're found out be ready to suffer some major consequences, I don't know what exactly but that's falsified information and could lead to some serious penalties... I can't prove that there will be penalties but I can't imagine it would go well.

In the end it would probably be cheaper to just pay to fix it yourself.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

To be a little less confusing about it I just wouldn't try it. You will probably get f'ed in the a.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Road Trip!

This is what happened she wrecked. She ran into someone. And before the police got to the scene I put it on full coverage I'm keeping that way too anyway just incase it happens again bc her car sucks at breaking today it was just horrible especially with the morning dew and the tire shine I put on it late yesturday evening. She's upset she takes things too hard.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

And I asked my agent they said it wouldn't get me into trouble. Just that this accident wasn't covered by full coverage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Hmm, idk, I they decide to look at the time on the police report and the time you updated your insurance they may catch on... Dont get me wrong I hope it works out for you. Just don't be surprised if they come back and say something to you

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Well I'll let them do whatever. Bc I didn't even know in the first place.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Girlfriends wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
If you do that and try to file a claim on that accident and they catch you at it you could be arrested for insurance fraud which carries some pretty steep penalties and possibly jail time.
Another thing is that you might find it impossible to procure insurance after that because the insurance companies keep and share files on that sort of thing.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

If you do that and try to file a claim on that accident and they catch you at it you could be arrested for insurance fraud which carries some pretty steep penalties and possibly jail time.
Another thing is that you might find it impossible to procure insurance after that because the insurance companies keep and share files on that sort of thing.
I'm not claiming this accident for the full coverage. I just got scarred I didn't know where she was or anything so I put full coverage on it to keep it safe incase another accident occurs.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Girlfriends wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout View Post
I'm not claiming this accident for the full coverage. I just got scarred I didn't know where she was or anything so I put full coverage on it to keep it safe incase another accident occurs.
I didn't figure you had from your posts, I just wanted you to be aware of the possible penalties.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
Road Trip!

No didn't file that on the accident
Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Yeah. Most insurance companies require a 24-48 hour advanced notice before policy changes take effect.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout

Yeah full coverage is worth it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar