Creat a build up theard area? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Creat a build up theard area?

I'm not sure if we have a area for this currently, but I'm on my phone 90% of the time an haven't seen anything about a " build thread" or a "projects" area. I think it would be cool if we had one made to show pictures of currency projects an things we are currently working on. I know one of my forums has this. but it would be better as like we have are category separated by year and trim style.

Just a thought....
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I've noticed there isn't one on ME. I was just gonne strt a thread "My Build Thread". LoL
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
MiGT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGT01
I've noticed there isn't one on ME. I was just gonne strt a thread "My Build Thread". LoL
I know I've been a member of Sn95 forums for like 3 years and loved seeing a build thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
svo
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Re: Creat a build up theard area?

thats a good a idea
svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Bump this idea!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Going to bump this idea!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995boss View Post
Going to bump this idea!
Ill bump it witcha! lol
Eibach pro kit,Tokico shocks/struts,BBK CAI,75mm TB/ Plenum,4.10 FRPP gears,BBK o/r X pipe,Magnaflow Catback,SCT Tuner running 91 Tune,Bama Tunes for Life Member,RAM HD Clutch,BM shifter with MGW "GT" knob,AM smoked Headlights/Sylvania zXe bulbs,VHT smoked tails/3rd brake,Redtop Optima,Mach 1 grille delete,Mach 1 chin spoiler,BULLITT Pedals,20% tint all round,4.6 High Performance Badges
Old 03-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGT01

Ill bump it witcha! lol
Thank you. Hopefully we can get a lot of people that want something like this.

It will for sure be well worth all the effort to have a dedicated spot for a build page!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

I'm pretty sure that is what the Garage is for, isn't it?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
I'm pretty sure that is what the Garage is for, isn't it?
Yeah but I'm saying there is a lot of other junk in there. We should just have it to be like we have it divided now by years. Then just for showing current progress on people's builds only not anything else. It would look a lot better and be nice to see people progress without having to dig for one thread.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah but I'm saying there is a lot of other junk in there. We should just have it to be like we have it divided now by years. Then just for showing current progress on people's builds only not anything else. It would look a lot better and be nice to see people progress without having to dig for one thread.
Also would prevent a lot of other threads frombeing duplicated. "Show pics of your ride" type threads. Also customized work could be helpful for others when seen on ppls builds
Old 03-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, but that's the idea of the Garage, a place to showcase your ride, build, etc..
I suppose the Garage could maybe be sectioned?
Ask Brent to be sure, but I don't think he'll want to add another section for it.
Pictures, extra pages and posts eat up a lot of server space and it isn't cheap.

Not trying to be a party pooper, just trying to explain the probable negatives for the guy who pays the bills.

He might be more for doing something like that if it was by membership and people paid dues so he could recover his hosting costs, if there were enough participants?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, but that's the idea of the Garage, a place to showcase your ride, build, etc..
I suppose the Garage could maybe be sectioned?
Ask Brent to be sure, but I don't think he'll want to add another section for it.
Pictures, extra pages and posts eat up a lot of server space and it isn't cheap.

Not trying to be a party pooper, just trying to explain the probable negatives for the guy who pays the bills.

He might be more for doing something like that if it was by membership and people paid dues so he could recover his hosting costs, if there were enough participants?
Give me some rough estaminets due to cost and I'll see what I can come up with. I'll get something figured up. I know hosting cost more money and I'll that so I understand the gist of it.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #14
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Give me some rough estaminets due to cost and I'll see what I can come up with. I'll get something figured up. I know hosting cost more money and I'll that so I understand the gist of it.
I don't know what he's paying. That info would have to come from him, then you would have to estimate how many GB of space you'd need. Text doesn't use much space, but pictures, videos and documents eat it up quickly.

Just PM Brent and talk with him about it.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't know what he's paying. That info would have to come from him, then you would have to estimate how many GB of space you'd need. Text doesn't use much space, but pictures, videos and documents eat it up quickly.

Just PM Brent and talk with him about it.
What's his user name?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
What's his user name?
Brent
Old 03-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Brent
Haha simple enough.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #18
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Haha simple enough.
You thought I would steer you wrong?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You thought I would steer you wrong?
Well shoot thought everyone's been calling him by his real name not a user name haha
Old 03-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #20
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Well shoot thought everyone's been calling him by his real name not a user name haha
Yep, It confused me at first too.
Using his real name for a username.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
The thing about just using the garage to showcase your build is you can't access yours or anyone else's garage from the app.and I am willing to bet that a good percentage of users use mostly just the app.I am one of those people.now every once in a while I do get my laptop out to check garages and update mine.

My solution would be to give us app users access to garages through the app.I think that would be bad a$$.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #22
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
The thing about just using the garage to showcase your build is you can't access yours or anyone else's garage from the app.and I am willing to bet that a good percentage of users use mostly just the app.I am one of those people.now every once in a while I do get my laptop out to check garages and update mine.

My solution would be to give us app users access to garages through the app.I think that would be bad a$$.
You have a point there.
I hate cell phones in general and small screens with a passion, so issues like that never occur to me and I don't know anything about them. Sorry guys.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar