Oh, why did I ever bother with a V6!?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
Oh, why did I ever bother with a V6!?!

Yeah, I'm killing myself for getting a V6. (I had the chance and money to get an 8, but I said to myself gas was cheaper and I didn't care for speed)

Sure, my car looks really nice (I'll have to show you guys pics sometime), but everytime I hear a V8 with a nice exhaust I get envious.
And then the speed sometimes kills me because sometimes it feels freakin slow! I wasn't a speed guy before, and I bought the Mustang because I wanted a convertible, not a fast car, but now... oh, I'm a scrub!

I've driven a Mach1 and GT, and something with that amount of torque is fine with me. It feels nice. I just want something faster. More driveable.

Since I just bought my 6 this August it, I would lose money trying to trade it in. Don't want to do that. I already know that my car has negative equity. But by next fall I could easily put a $5k downpayment.

Would you guys say it would be better to...

1) Don't bother modding my 6 for speed at all, stick with what I have now, wait until next fall, sell the car, and put down $5k for a new GT or used Cobra (99/01 because I probably can't afford an 03 Cobra)

2) Modify my 6 for speed (starting with CAI, exhaust, etc) little by little, save up the $5k, and by next fall throw in a turbo or supercharger.

(Yeah I know... I'm a geek for my b!tching)

audioqueso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Send a message via AIM to Junior2561
trade her in

Junior2561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:56 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
IF you are this unhappy with the v6, then just go ahead and trade her in for a GT that you can afford.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
If you know you're gonna trade in the 6, don't mod it. It'll be an excuse for a dealer to give you less money.
BlueDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar