"Smoke 'em if you got em: Muscle cars are dead" - new legislation says 35mpg for 2011 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #36
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: "Smoke 'em if you got em: Muscle cars are dead" - new legislation says 35mpg for

On a related side note...Cali peeps dodged a close one...

FOXNews.com - EPA Denies California Bid for Tighter Greenhouse Gas Controls - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2007, 10:35 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: "Smoke 'em if you got em: Muscle cars are dead" - new legislation says 35mpg for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
and people wonder why I don't want to give this country over to a person like Hillary Clinton or Obama.
I thought W was supposed to keep this from happening? I hate him. He stands in the way of scientific progress by vetoing the stem cell research bills and rubber stamps bull**** bills like this one. I'm not even going to get into foriegn policy. As much as I hate the Democrats, I can understand why people might want to vote for them, after this debacle the Republicans have thrown at us.

Why can't we get decent candidates?

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #38
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
I thought W was supposed to keep this from happening? I hate him. He stands in the way of scientific progress by vetoing the stem cell research bills and rubber stamps bull**** bills like this one. I'm not even going to get into foriegn policy. As much as I hate the Democrats, I can understand why people might want to vote for them, after this debacle the Republicans have thrown at us.

Because there are no decent professional politicians...and those are all that run for office...or at least all that get their name out there to get recognized.

The next tea party is coming...you can see all the signs of it...Who wants to play the part of Paul Revere?
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

And, btw, the "average" statement means the average for the whole fleet sold.

Ex. Sell 5 cars that get 40 mpg, 2 that get 25, and 1 that gets 10. The "average" would be 32.5. So as long as you sell alot more high mileage cars, you can still get away with a few high performance models. They'll just be priced really high, since they can't sell but a handful of them.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:10 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Because there are no decent professional politicians...and those are all that run for office...or at least all that get their name out there to get recognized.

The next tea party is coming...you can see all the signs of it...Who wants to play the part of Paul Revere?
i dunno, but i definately want to be there to help write the revised Declaration of Independence.

i think youll have a full blown civil war first, the realists versus the rest of the idiots. shouldnt be hard to win, you have realists with guns, brains and trucks/hummers/suv's on the battlefield, versus the liberal ****tards and idiots with pens, nothing upstairs, are politically correct, and drive toyota prius's all around the battlefield. i truly believe i will see either the reform of the american way (IE a new revolution bringing us back to where we were post-american revolution with a mindset we had during WWII) or the collapse of our nation within my lifetime.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #41
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
toyota prius's

Ah ha...that's the car that West Coast Customs tricked out. Funny as hell.

No, what you are going to see is us moving more and more towards a "One world Government" ... and then, after that, then you will see some action.

The way this county is being pussified more and more each year, it will eventually collapse. Hopefully, those that haven't been brought up to be complete pansies, will be able to rebuild it.

However, nothing can happen until congress gets made up of Americans...and not professional politicians.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
i dunno, but i definately want to be there to help write the revised Declaration of Independence.

i think youll have a full blown civil war first, the realists versus the rest of the idiots. shouldnt be hard to win, you have realists with guns, brains and trucks/hummers/suv's on the battlefield, versus the liberal ****tards and idiots with pens, nothing upstairs, are politically correct, and drive toyota prius's all around the battlefield. i truly believe i will see either the reform of the american way (IE a new revolution bringing us back to where we were post-american revolution with a mindset we had during WWII) or the collapse of our nation within my lifetime.
I don't think there has to be some huge revolution made, but the States would definitely be better off if they had more than just two political parties to choose from - even if you had something like 10 parties to choose from election time (that's extreme, but you get my point), it's still a case of who is the lesser of the evils, but as it stands with a 50/50 shot, it doesn't really leave voters with much choice when both are useless candidates (ie: the last election of Bush vs. Kerry)

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:35 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

i think the cars we love will be fine though. the car companies will just have to find a way to meet the regulations. hybrid systems should be better and also the cylinder shut off systems. also it looks like 6 speed transmission will be the norm now. also if you take the engine in the current mustang and was to put it in a fox body then you should be able to get pretty great mpg so we need to just find ways to shave off the pounds.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:38 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania

With all the safety regulations that have to be met now it's hard to "shave off the pounds."

-Denver
2002 Mineral Grey GT, 5-speed: MGW short throw, JLT CAI: SOLD
2002 Electric Green V6, Auto: SOLD
greenpony02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

and this is another reason why the gov should leave the car companies alone. people are already buying cars that get better mpg but still other people will want their trucks, sports cars, and such. this is going to make the car companies sell a lot of ecnoboxes that won't make much profit.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania

Agreed. I think the *best* way to get fuel efficient cars is to make people demand it. Once fuel hits a certain price people will want to have efficient cars. If gas was $7 a gallon like it is in Europe then things would change. CAFE only makes vehicle more expensive and punishes those who are willing to pay for their gas guzzlers. Supply and demand. It works.

-Denver
2002 Mineral Grey GT, 5-speed: MGW short throw, JLT CAI: SOLD
2002 Electric Green V6, Auto: SOLD
greenpony02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

i think the next gen ford V8s will have a cylinder shut off system so i'm interested in seeing how well it can do.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:54 PM   #48

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Now that is the funniest thing I have heard all day. I don't think ford will be happy till the mustang weighs 5000 pounds.

Actually, more emissions restrictions will probably just add more emissions equipment to the car...and add more weight.
well here's a thought why don't they put in a Twin Turbo Powerstroke in the stang.i mean look at you'll have power,retarded torque and good economy plus there is the benifit of using at home machines you can buy and make ya own fuel plus make more power.i think a diesel option would only make sense if you think about it
EVILUTION GhosT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #49

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post

because W is an blithering idiot and 2 the day a decent or honest politician is in the white house is the day real aliens(not mexicans) come on tv and say we come in peace
EVILUTION GhosT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILUTION GhosT View Post
because W is an blithering idiot and 2 the day a decent or honest politician is in the white house is the day real aliens(not mexicans) come on tv and say we come in peace
Did you hear that on CNN?

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar