Need everyones opinion..please take the time to read - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Need everyones opinion..please take the time to read

Im goin to try to make this short as possible. 4months ago i took my car to have a tranny and rearend upgrade. All the work gets done and it comes time to make the upgrades n the computer. The car is a 94with a v6 sc tbird engine. Well the changes r added car runs like crap so the tranny mechnic gets n touch with the mechanic who done all the engine and tuning origionally. And they decide that the chip needs to b redone so tranny sends it to the tuner , it is reloaded sent back but still runs like ****.
This has been goin on like this for a month. And when i ask the guy about it , he acts like i shouldnt b bothering him, the latest attempt at fixing it was on the 13th and it failed but i havent heard from him since. Keep in mind the car is ovr 100miles away at his garage in cincinatti oh.. The total cost of this build was $4200 and i have paid him $3000 of it . This guy came highly recommended . Ive been talking to my engine mechanic (who by the way lives just east of cleveland)and he thinks i should negoiate a discount for the charges that was bill for the tuning part of the build and bring the car to him. From my house to the tranny shop to the engine shop ans back to my house is 678miles round trip roughly 11hrs 32mins and will cost $115 in gas according to mapquest now that gas price doesnt factor that im towing the car and the time that it takes to drive which i feel should b worth something and ill probably have to get a room while he figures it out.

My question to u all is 1. How do i get my car back from the tranny guy while owing him $1200 2. How much of a discount should i go for 3. Can he refuse to give me my car4. Or em i going about this all wrong.
Arent u glad i gave u the short version lol seriously though its been 4months and he is not able to fix it and its going cost around $500 or more in expenses and paying the engine mech. to get it fixed
94sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Lol noone is going to touch this one with a 10foot pole
Old 04-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Ok. Well, i'm not a lawyer or anything, but i think a judge would agree with you, that you paid for something to be done, and he did not do his job correctly, and the car doesn't run properly. So imo, you dont owe him jack, until he does his job, and fixes it. I cant see someone honestly being like, "You owe me money on the car i have yet to fix for you." you know? This is all a matter of opinion, and in no way a court of law. BUT i think that this is america, and if you get paid to do something, do it right or dont expect to get paid. If A landscaper comes to your house, and mows half the lawn and expects to get paid, he's got another thing coming. I honestly would not pay that guy a dime of what you owe, before he gets it running properly. I wish you the best of luck, and hope everything turns out well on this.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well thanks ,, i have been more than patient . And i hope he see's that he has done all he can do and not make a big deal of it and realizes the cost envolve to make it right cause the car ran fine when i took it to him. Shot the engine only has about 4000miles on a complete rebuild
Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Ok I run a auto shop and I can tell you this from experience. Sounds like your tranny guy has put your car on the back burner cause he is completely lost on what to do to fix it. In a court of law they are going to look at the facts. You paid this much for this and this to be done. Being a tranny guy he shouldn't of even been messing with the engine side of it. Now if this guy wants to be a ****** he can put a mechanic's lien on your car for non payment but that's worst case. Talk to him about cutting what you owe in half cause if he honestly tried to make things right and fix the engine side of the problem then it's only fair you pay for the time he used to try to fix it. Now if you take it to your engine guy and he tells you that the tranny guy screwed it up then take him to court for what he messed up. But you may find that he will go the 600 dollar route to get out of the headache.
95v686gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to car him in a few and see what we can work out. The worse he can say is "your not getting your car till i get every dime"
Old 04-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Damm man. Hate to hear that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar