Mustang Stories (All Mustang Owners) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #36

Region: New York
Damn. That's one heck of a story there...
2indachest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2indachest
Damn. That's one heck of a story there...
Praise if you actually sat through that... I left majority of it out... lol
Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #38
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Jet: That's actually more like 10 minutes of my life that I used to read it lol... It's still an amazing and inspirational story you told.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

I wish I could have a story like that.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #39

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf

Praise if you actually sat through that... I left majority of it out... lol
Wasn't that bad, I'm a fast reader lol
2indachest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Jet: That's actually more like 10 minutes of my life that I used to read it lol... It's still an amazing and inspirational story you told.
Lol! Thanks love, I tried to cut out as much as I could XD
Old 05-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #41
ME Bloodhound
Staff

It may not have been 10 minutes, but I read it on my phone so all the scrolling made it seem longer lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 05-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Nice ahahaha
Old 05-13-2012, 11:50 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii

Jesus. You sure the shop just wasn't messing with you? & hell yeah! You won't catch me driving an automatic! (except right now cause my car got hit.). Really though, I drove an automatic to work today and I was just depressed the whole time. I felt extremely tall, no system, ****ty brakes, no shifting. I drive like an ******* when I drive automatic because I still think there's a clutch sometimes and my foot just smacks the floor lol.
Haha I know! I drive my moms Honda sometimes and there's been a few close calls of me slamming the shifter into reverse lol cause its an auto and I keep reaching for the clutch. And yes I don't go to that shop anymore...thought they were messin with me since I'm only 18 and "wouldn't know the difference in what they were doing" they kept it for a week or so to fix a little problem and I'm pretty sure the guys took it for some test drives.

Oh and layala, I love my v6, she's my baby. And I'll probably keep her as an antique like the 60's mustangs are today. I was just saying id rather pour 4k into supercharging a v8 than fixing all these little problems on a car we honestly shouldn't have bought. But I still love her and I know where you're coming. I hate it when people are like oh that's just a v6? I'm like hey it sounds like an 8 and it's still pretty slick lol
Whitestang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #44
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Re: Mustang Stories (All Mustang Owners)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii View Post
Jesus. You sure the shop just wasn't messing with you? & hell yeah! You won't catch me driving an automatic! (except right now cause my car got hit.). Really though, I drove an automatic to work today and I was just depressed the whole time. I felt extremely tall, no system, ****ty brakes, no shifting. I drive like an ******* when I drive automatic because I still think there's a clutch sometimes and my foot just smacks the floor lol.
Sounds like what happened when my dad tried to sell his 83 Mustang... It was an auto and a guy was test driving it (never driven an auto before) so whenever he went to "shift" he would take his foot off the gas but instead he would accidentally slam on the brake.

As far as my Mustang story goes... I'm still saving up and looking for my first lol.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
alright here we go

ever since i was born, i had loved the deep rumble of an engine, i fell asleep to it every night and woke up to it every morning. Sometimes they would put me on the dryer or such because the vibration and the rumble like the cars would put me to sleep, and Lord knows i always cuddled up with my hot wheels and dinosaurs. My dad has his own Porsche he built and paid for at 19, he was always a car enthusiast, being out of Belgium he was more into foreign cars though, but it was evident i had gasoline for blood. When i was young, the Mustang was the only car that was very recognizable to me, it was bored into my brain, you couldnt forget the name, in my eyes it was a true muscle car, from its curves to its roar. when i came of age to drive, i was looking for a big ol four door truck that was easy to modify (i had always loved custom cars), i only dreamed of having a hot muscle car ride but thought my parents would NEVER allow me to have one. well surprise surprise my dad could not find one truck so he said, how about a Mustang..? my blood froze and tears came to my eyes, i had NEVER thought a day like this would come, and off to the miami dealerships we went in search of a beast. He wouldnt let me have a GT or a stick, which i was not happy about, but non the less i wanted that muscle car, and absolutely refused to look at any others not settling for less (im not a brat its just my passion lol). we couldnt find any Mustangs in great shape in florida so i flew back home to Arizona (where im at now) and immediately hit the lists. First day i got back and the first car we looked at i bought. absolutely beautiful beast, 2004 redfire 40th anniv. 3.9L V6 mint condition interior and mechanic owned, less than 50K miles, remarkable beast for $8k. the day i drove it i was in love, i asked my parents if i could sleep in it but they refused every free moment i could get was spent cleaning him, polishing, lovingly putting every little ounce of my soul into him, he was mine and i was his, and that first car bond was inseparable. one day i drove down to the gas station near my house to fill up before school the next day, it was sunset and the rich arizona flames covered the sky. Getting out of the car i looked out to see the most remarkable breathtaking colors intermixed with his paint, hence the name RedWolf. Red as arizona rock, with a beastly bite, a true wolf in sheep's clothing. the name stuck and people really liked it, folks at school were eternally jealous, and mods began to flow onto him as i got more and more money. life was good and i had saved up over 1k to put into him, i had planned a trip to california to a customs shop the next week. Unfortunately after a night of hanging out with one of my best friends Emily, we were headed off to ASU, ironically during sunset, we got into an accident. At 6:28 pm April 29, 2011 a black F150 cut me off and slammed on the brakes, i had absolutely no time to humanly react and smashed into his hitch. no more RedWolf. i even had new parts in the back seat i was going to install that morning. we were able to pull off to a side street and get my friend some help since she hurt he ankle when the airbags deployed, i had to pull her out of the window because the door was warped and she couldnt crawl out the otherside, i wrapped her up in blankets and laid her on the grass as i waited for the firemen and tow truck, there wasnt a single scratch on that goddamn F150s hitch, yet my entire front end was destroyed, (but my brand new halos i had just installed 3 days ago were fine woo!) when the firemen got their they sat down on both sides of me and put their arms around me, watching me go into a deep depression as i watched the sun fade over his rich paint, the life literally seeping out of him. I really do appreciate those guys, wish i could bake them all cookies if i knew what department they were in! lol. With the tow truck taking RedWolf away to the shop i was left with my worried parents. the next day at school i was screaming my head off on the phone in tears saying they absolutely could NOT have Red totaled no matter what, they would HAVE to fix him. after weeks of battling the insurance company totaled him, and i was left alone, having nightmares of RedWolf (as weird as that sounds it was scary as ****!)

3 months of searching and every single Mustang i went to buy was either sold or the owner stopped replying, just weird stuff was happening every time i tried to close a deal something stopped it. July 29 9:28 pm i signed the papers for my 2006 Black on black Mustang 4.0L V6 after 3 hours of battling the price down from 15K to 9.3K. funny thing is we agreed on 9.6k yet the guy actually wrote it down as 9.3k which is what we had our fingers crossed for, so we hustled off that lot before they noticed! the change within the performance and handling was amazing, and soon i already had a name picked for this beast, JetWolf, the Jet black beast, that handled like a Jet, a true wolf in sheep’s clothing. in under four days i already had the headlights/fog lights/tail lights/side markers/turn signals alllll tinted black, the grill, rims, badges, and rear decklid badge painted black as well. and all in 125+ degree heat, i had to wipe the area down after working because the sweat would drip off of my face onto his paint, and thats no bueno,as well as the tools slipping out of my hands as well, it was a pretty funny sight, but i was dedicated, i couldnt loose another. Many shows, photoshoots, awards and cruises later, he has came to what he has been today, a true beast, and i truly love him, a lot of people dont understand the bond that happens, but that bond is inseparable, its such a beautiful thing, these cars, so remarkable. id type all the funny stories id have with Jet but that would takes days ha! props to you if you read all of this, youre a trooper, damn, youre still reading, high five! thats 5 minutes of your life youll never get back.. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA
It would have sucked if your phone froze and it didn't let u post this. Lol. Cool story
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

It would have sucked if your phone froze and it didn't let u post this. Lol. Cool story
I had to get on my laptop to type it my thumb joints were worn out after 2 mins XD
Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I had to get on my laptop to type it my thumb joints were worn out after 2 mins XD
Haha. That's about how much I type for my class essays! Lol. On a good day!!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #48
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt View Post
Haha. That's about how much I type for my class essays! Lol. On a good day!!
You my friend have it easy... During english class for me i had to write (handwrite) at least 2 pages every single day on different topics analyzing different sources and comparing them also explaining the use of different rhetorical devices they used and why they used them. All in 30 minutes every day, sometimes we had 40 on a good day.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You my friend have it easy... During english class for me i had to write (handwrite) at least 2 pages every single day on different topics analyzing different sources and comparing them also explaining the use of different rhetorical devices they used and why they used them. All in 30 minutes every day, sometimes we had 40 on a good day.
Damn that's just way too much. Lol. We used to get quizzed on rhetorical devices and connotations and stuff like that all the time but the only writing we ever really did was for essays or taking notes (if your smart enough to take the notes). I just spend most of the period writing notes. Lol
Old 05-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

My paper on Mustang's was over 48 pages long... lol
Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh my god. Hahaha. That's over 1/5 of a book. Lol. You should have kept going.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #52
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

Damn that's just way too much. Lol. We used to get quizzed on rhetorical devices and connotations and stuff like that all the time but the only writing we ever really did was for essays or taking notes (if your smart enough to take the notes). I just spend most of the period writing notes. Lol
Guess what you don't see much of it in upper level English.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #53
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf View Post
Sounds interesting... I kinda want to read it now lol

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
This was AP English 11 (College Level English)... But then again i've always heard that AP Classes even though college level are more difficult than actual college classes.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I did get incredibly better at writing because of it.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Are u referring to all those literary devices?
Old 05-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I am going to finish it eventually, and it's not even covering every single Mustang, mainly the history
Old 05-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #56
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Sounds interesting... I kinda want to read it now lol

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

This was AP English 11 (College Level English)... But then again i've always heard that AP Classes even though college level are more difficult than actual college classes.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I'm not gonna lie, I did get incredibly better at writing because of it.
I think they are because I've finished all my journalism classes and upper level English courses, and we didn't go into much of it. Then again it all depends on the professor.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

I'll publish my creative non fiction story on our blog soon. Trying to get a nice feature about Carroll Shelby out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar