Mustang Stories (All Mustang Owners) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Arrow Mustang Stories (All Mustang Owners)

Share your story here.

Mine's a 1999 Mustang Gt Convertible 35th Anniversary Edition. His/her name is Zeus. I found it on CL almost a year ago for just $4k. I couldn't resist buying it since I had just sold my 2001 V6 Mustang for $4200..I figured I'll upgrade to a Gt and save $200. Why not? lol So I drove 3 hours to pick it up in California, It was love at first site..I drove it home with no issues what so ever..It ran great, the only thing I had go wrong with it was it broke 3 serpentine belts..I finally bought a "gator belt" and it's been on there ever since. After about 4k miles, I was driving home after work when the engine blew on the freeway..So I towed it to my uncles house and took it apart..I soon found out why the guy sold it to me for $4k, he had taken the engine apart and realized that the pistons were coming apart in the cylinders so he put it all back together with silicone..I mean there was silicone on the head gaskets, intake..everything. I bet he didn't even replace the head bolts when he threw it back together. I'm amazed that it lasted 4k miles..But I ended up keeping it and rebuilding it for just over $3k and it runs like a champ with just 5500 miles on the new engine.

Whats your story?
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14
Share your story here.

Mine's a 1999 Mustang Gt Convertible 35th Anniversary Edition. His/her name is Zeus. I found it on CL almost a year ago for just $4k. I couldn't resist buying it since I had just sold my 2001 V6 Mustang for $4200..I figured I'll upgrade to a Gt and save $200. Why not? lol So I drove 3 hours to pick it up in California, It was love at first site..I drove it home with no issues what so ever..It ran great, the only thing I had go wrong with it was it broke 3 serpentine belts..I finally bought a "gator belt" and it's been on there ever since. After about 4k miles, I was driving home after work when the engine blew on the freeway..So I towed it to my uncles house and took it apart..I soon found out why the guy sold it to me for $4k, he had taken the engine apart and realized that the pistons were coming apart in the cylinders so he put it all back together with silicone..I mean there was silicone on the head gaskets, intake..everything. I bet he didn't even replace the head bolts when he threw it back together. I'm amazed that it lasted 4k miles..But I ended up keeping it and rebuilding it for just over $3k and it runs like a champ with just 5500 miles on the new engine.

Whats your story?
I had been searching for a stang for about a year and a half. Finally picked one out and drove 5 hours to Pennsylvania to a town called Beaverdale to get her. $13,999 with 39k miles 2010 v6 manual. Completely stock. My absolute baby. I've always wanted a grabber blue mustang. She was just in the shop for two days because I had this awful grinding when j went into 5th. 5th synchro was shot and my transmission was leaking. I finally got her back wednesday. BUT. Unfortunately on thursday, an ******* hit her yesterday and she needs a good amount of body work. I'm incredibly upset because now if I ever trade her in or sell her for a new stang she won't be worth as much. Pictures are when I bought her, after the work and pictures of the damage now.



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4079277931.png
Views:	225
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	50319
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3015353814.png
Views:	221
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	50318
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1698273431.png
Views:	196
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	50320
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2364494231.png
Views:	196
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	50321
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4208994490.png
Views:	211
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	50323
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2060787797.png
Views:	171
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	50322
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Mustang Stories (All Mustang Owners)

90 LX (7up car)
Friend of mine put it up for sale, at the time I had my 02 V6 and a ranger. Went and drove it and decided to pick it up. History of the car is it was sold new in Pennsylvania, sold to a person in Michigan, then sold to a person in Mississippi. Went through about 6 of my friends before I bought it. I gutted the interior and made it look good as new, went through a few different wheel/tire combos, and left our wedding in it doing a burnout...

03 Cobra
Decided I wanted a sonic blue convertible cobra with low mileage and no mods. Spend 8 months looking nation-wide and found this one in Alabama. 2 previous owners, 24,500 miles, and only mods were stiffening and exhaust. Bought it Dec 07 and have spend lord knows what on mods. Everything done to it was done by myself and my wife in the garage.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Re: Mustang Stories (All Mustang Owners)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
90 LX (7up car)
Friend of mine put it up for sale, at the time I had my 02 V6 and a ranger. Went and drove it and decided to pick it up. History of the car is it was sold new in Pennsylvania, sold to a person in Michigan, then sold to a person in Mississippi. Went through about 6 of my friends before I bought it. I gutted the interior and made it look good as new, went through a few different wheel/tire combos, and left our wedding in it doing a burnout...

03 Cobra
Decided I wanted a sonic blue convertible cobra with low mileage and no mods. Spend 8 months looking nation-wide and found this one in Alabama. 2 previous owners, 24,500 miles, and only mods were stiffening and exhaust. Bought it Dec 07 and have spend lord knows what on mods. Everything done to it was done by myself and my wife in the garage.
That's awesome! It's always nice to do my own work on my car, if I have the tools to do it, I always try before going to a shop, they simply want way to much to even look at a car. And as soon as they see that they will be looking at a Mustang, the price seems to go up because it's a "sports car"

And beautiful cars btw

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii View Post
I had been searching for a stang for about a year and a half. Finally picked one out and drove 5 hours to Pennsylvania to a town called Beaverdale to get her. $13,999 with 39k miles 2010 v6 manual. Completely stock. My absolute baby. I've always wanted a grabber blue mustang. She was just in the shop for two days because I had this awful grinding when j went into 5th. 5th synchro was shot and my transmission was leaking. I finally got her back wednesday. BUT. Unfortunately on thursday, an ******* hit her yesterday and she needs a good amount of body work. I'm incredibly upset because now if I ever trade her in or sell her for a new stang she won't be worth as much. Pictures are when I bought her, after the work and pictures of the damage now.



Attachment 50319
Attachment 50318
Attachment 50320
Attachment 50321
Attachment 50323
Attachment 50322
I'm sorry man
I'm sure you won't sell it anyways, I mean you seem to be in love with it, so that's out of the picture lol Sweet car though, I love the new bodystyle.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14

That's awesome! It's always nice to do my own work on my car, if I have the tools to do it, I always try before going to a shop, they simply want way to much to even look at a car. And as soon as they see that they will be looking at a Mustang, the price seems to go up because it's a "sports car"

And beautiful cars btw

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------



I'm sorry man
I'm sure you won't sell it anyways, I mean you seem to be in love with it, so that's out of the picture lol Sweet car though, I love the new bodystyle.
Thank you. :/. It does suck. I may have traded it in when the 50th comes out. You never know!
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 143
Well I am only 18 and was a total mustang nubie so I know I got screwed don't bash me lol. Here's my story. I just wanted a nice car for my first car and wing an only child I though it would be a decent Honda or something that would last. One day I saw an 04 gt pass me on the road and from then on begged my parents for a stang. I got it for my last semester of senior year in highschool. Bought a white 99 v6 with 113k miles for $4500. (yes we got totally screwed I know now, but then we knew nothing about mustangs and had never heard of kbb lol) anyways got it from a young guy who claimed to take care of it and when checked at the mechanics it checked out fine. Well we bought it and month later all hell breaks loose. Basically in the span of 6 months we got new tie rods, new ball joints, new shift fork (it broke in the transmission) entire new clutch, entire new suspension, new tires (old were bald) had to re-bend all the dual exhaust cause the tard that put it in made it smack the driveshaft at every bump, new headlights, the motor mounts were shot and the engine was leaning over to one side, had to get that fixed. It was about 4k in repairs. Oh and the best part of the whole story... The only other car we looked at before this one was a white 04 gt 5 speed with 60k for only $7500. Dad said it was too expensive so we passed. Well we ended up paying more than that total in a "dumpy" v6. The car is nice but if I'm gonna dump that much I'd rather do it to a gt v8. So I've learned its better to spend more on a nicer car all at once rather than cut corners and get royally f***** a few months down the road
Whitestang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestang93
Well I am only 18 and was a total mustang nubie so I know I got screwed don't bash me lol. Here's my story. I just wanted a nice car for my first car and wing an only child I though it would be a decent Honda or something that would last. One day I saw an 04 gt pass me on the road and from then on begged my parents for a stang. I got it for my last semester of senior year in highschool. Bought a white 99 v6 with 113k miles for $4500. (yes we got totally screwed I know now, but then we knew nothing about mustangs and had never heard of kbb lol) anyways got it from a young guy who claimed to take care of it and when checked at the mechanics it checked out fine. Well we bought it and month later all hell breaks loose. Basically in the span of 6 months we got new tie rods, new ball joints, new shift fork (it broke in the transmission) entire new clutch, entire new suspension, new tires (old were bald) had to re-bend all the dual exhaust cause the tard that put it in made it smack the driveshaft at every bump, new headlights, the motor mounts were shot and the engine was leaning over to one side, had to get that fixed. It was about 4k in repairs. Oh and the best part of the whole story... The only other car we looked at before this one was a white 04 gt 5 speed with 60k for only $7500. Dad said it was too expensive so we passed. Well we ended up paying more than that total in a "dumpy" v6. The car is nice but if I'm gonna dump that much I'd rather do it to a gt v8. So I've learned its better to spend more on a nicer car all at once rather than cut corners and get royally f***** a few months down the road
Damnnnn. D: you should just bought a new stang! Or put a downpayment atleast. I got mine 2010 with 39k miles for $13.9k. :p.
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Topless04GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Ohio
Posts: 903
Re: Mustang Stories (All Mustang Owners)

lets see... my story. lol where to begin. I searched and searched for a new edge for almost two years. I finally found what I wanted. A black on black on black ZVert 40th anniversary. I paid 8k for her with 40k miles and bone stock. I have gone through more wheel and tire setups than most if not all the people on here lol, perks of where I work. Other than that I have added things such as 03-04 cobra spoiler, 03-04 cobra wheels (staggered) drag radials, cams, intake, custom exhaust, pioneer pb8000 head unit, short shifter, slammed at 2.5 inches around, mach grill delete, mach chin spoiler, custom blue housed headlights, ice headlights, and so on and so forth. I have also used my car as a project for anyone who has wondered how to do something. When plastidip become popular, i said F it and did the entire car. I added my own custom graffiti to the car when I was bored. I did the wheels the same way. I have since then depleted every last bit of plastidip and have started the latest, and last color combo for the vehicle for SURE! I will be revealing it sometime within the nest month when everything is said and done, but intul then, you all must suffa!

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii View Post
Damnnnn. D: you should just bought a new stang! Or put a downpayment atleast. I got mine 2010 with 39k miles for $13.9k. :p.
and no one likes grabber blue 2010's... they suck
__________________

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii

Damnnnn. D: you should just bought a new stang! Or put a downpayment atleast. I got mine 2010 with 39k miles for $13.9k. :p.
Haha yeah I know but new things broke every time we got it back from the shop. It wasn't like all at once. Dang are you kidding me! That's an awesome deal. Is it a manual too?
Whitestang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestang93

Haha yeah I know but new things broke every time we got it back from the shop. It wasn't like all at once. Dang are you kidding me! That's an awesome deal. Is it a manual too?
Jesus. You sure the shop just wasn't messing with you? & hell yeah! You won't catch me driving an automatic! (except right now cause my car got hit.). Really though, I drove an automatic to work today and I was just depressed the whole time. I felt extremely tall, no system, ****ty brakes, no shifting. I drive like an ******* when I drive automatic because I still think there's a clutch sometimes and my foot just smacks the floor lol.
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
I bought my first mustang a few years ago, a manual 01 blck sixxer. I knew I wanted a mustang and picked up an auto trader and picked up my mustang that night after trading in my Sentra.

Mom couldn't stop me this time.... After a year or so and a few problems with replacing the clutch and messing up my transmission i got a brand new black Focus hatch (07) and put black wheels on it. Loved the rally suspension but really missed mustangs.

After I had the focus for awhile and putting 40k miles on it, I found an 04 sonic blue (just the color I was looking for!) with 40k on it, same as the focus. Went and traded it in for my second Mustang... Didn't care that it was a V6 too...

Now after being so in love with mustangs and actually having a job that revolves around mustangs (and hopefully soon another one with MM&FF magazine/fingers crossed)

My whole world is mustangs.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Nothing wrong with autos or V6s, just my two cents

It's still a mustang

Hate when people put them down.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
Nothing wrong with autos or V6s, just my two cents

It's still a mustang

Hate when people put them down.
I'm not saying there are anything wrong with auto's they're just not my cup of tea. I have a V6 though and I'm very proud. . What do you do for a living? I think after owning a mustang I'll forever own only mustangs.
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Its all good, i was just sayin lol. I have owned many manual cars I have an auto right now after tranny issues with my other manual mustang that would turn my hand raw trying to get into first, and then second. (I would have to shut it off at the stop right just to get it into first gear) the shop fixed it after who knows how much $ and it went right out again and they said they couldnt fix it again. Now I have the auto. I do miss manual a lot. My old focus was fun to drive with the manual and rally suspension. Zippy little thing... I do love manual cars.

Right now I write for AmericanMuscle and StangTv.com. I just interviewed a couple weeks ago for an editor position at Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine in Tampa. I think it went really well.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Was like 19 years old, i had just gotten my G.E.D and was planning on going to school. Had gotten a little bit of cash, so i was looking for a beater. Was shopping around on craigslist, seeing a few beaters in my area. My grandma stepped in, said she'd help me out on a car. Ended up looking at both camaros, and mustangs. Camaros are Much much cheaper in my area, but i saw my soon to be car, on craigslist, printed out the ad, and went to buy it 2 days later. Originally i wanted to work on cars as a career, but my dad talked me out of it. As a kid my dad had some of the nicest cars to ever be built in an american Factory. It's been just over a year since i bought it, and my dad and i have had loads of fun working on it. He's taught me alot, and i've never really had an opportunity to bond with my dad. He compliments it all the time, and loves to drive it. I actually feel really lucky when i see my friends, and kids i grew up with driving in the cars they drive. I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a mustang as my first car, and quite honestly i don't think i have an interest in buying a different car outside the mustang family for quite awhile. That's my story.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla
Its all good, i was just sayin lol. I have owned many manual cars I have an auto right now after tranny issues with my other manual mustang that would turn my hand raw trying to get into first, and then second. (I would have to shut it off at the stop right just to get it into first gear) the shop fixed it after who knows how much $ and it went right out again and they said they couldnt fix it again. Now I have the auto. I do miss manual a lot. My old focus was fun to drive with the manual and rally suspension. Zippy little thing... I do love manual cars.

Right now I write for AmericanMuscle and StangTv.com. I just interviewed a couple weeks ago for an editor position at Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine in Tampa. I think it went really well.
Wow that's awesome! Hook me up with a job! Haha. I had a problem with getting mine into first and fifth was grinding so bad. I took it to Ford because I'm still covered under my warranty. My transmission was leaking, 5th synchro was shot and they had to replace the block rings. Ran so smooth after that too bad I had it for less than a day and then someone hit me. .
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii

Wow that's awesome! Hook me up with a job! Haha. I had a problem with getting mine into first and fifth was grinding so bad. I took it to Ford because I'm still covered under my warranty. My transmission was leaking, 5th synchro was shot and they had to replace the block rings. Ran so smooth after that too bad I had it for less than a day and then someone hit me. .
Hahaha as soon as I get hooked up I'll see what I can do! It's in Tampa, FL still near the ocean, thank god!

Your car looks so new to have that happen, glad it was still under warranty! That was mine too! 1st, 2nd and third! It was awful to drive.

1 day?!? Girl, you sound like you have my luck! That sucks. Hope you can get her back to shiny and new soon.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

Hahaha as soon as I get hooked up I'll see what I can do! It's in Tampa, FL still near the ocean, thank god!

Your car looks so new to have that happen, glad it was still under warranty! That was mine too! 1st, 2nd and third! It was awful to drive.

1 day?!? Girl, you sound like you have my luck! That sucks. Hope you can get her back to shiny and new soon.
Do you have to work on location? And I'm under power train until 60k miles so I lucked out in that area. But yeah 1 day! And everything was going great that day until then. Was coming home from a car meet.
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
vinnygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: California
Posts: 666
96 gt- I turned 15 and I wanted to get rid of my ugly lifted 97 dodge ram so I started looking on craigslist for another car. Was looking into a BMW and then a g35 but then I drove my brother in laws mustang and I fell in love. I was stuck on mustangs and I couldn't think of another car to get. I fell in love with a buddies 96 gt. it had a Saleen kit with original saleen rims and I talked him into selling it to me for 4k. I got the car but I wanted more speed......

98 cobra- I wasnt fulfilled 100% with my gt so I got my 98 cobra that I saw at a dealer ship. I got it for 12k. Vortech supercharged and only 39k miles. Full Griggs racing suspension and a lot of other good stuff. Now I'm in love. I'll never get rid of this one!
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii

Do you have to work on location? And I'm under power train until 60k miles so I lucked out in that area. But yeah 1 day! And everything was going great that day until then. Was coming home from a car meet.
Yeah, I'm on the east coat of FL and if I get it I'll be moving to Tampa since it is on location.
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
geez mine will take up a whole page on it's own. I'll type it when I get home instead of on my phone... lol
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #22
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetWolf
geez mine will take up a whole page on it's own. I'll type it when I get home instead of on my phone... lol
When you do, type one up about how I got mine too. I can't remember, just make it action packed with ninja's and mention how debonairly handsome I am about every 2nd or 3rd sentence.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

When you do, type one up about how I got mine too. I can't remember, just make it action packed with ninja's and mention how debonairly handsome I am about every 2nd or 3rd sentence.
Oh you, stop reading my mind, it's creeping me out
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #24
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
When in fact it was you, who read, my, mind... :O
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #25
Registered User
Newbie
 
2indachest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 11
All this mind reading is starting to freak me out man....
2indachest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #26
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
When in fact, it was you, who, was, freaking, out, man...
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Bro...
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #28
Registered User
Newbie
 
2indachest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 11
The snozberries taste like snozberries!
2indachest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #29
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Meow
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

Yeah, I'm on the east coat of FL and if I get it I'll be moving to Tampa since it is on location.
Lucky! I'm stuck in jersey.
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii

Lucky! I'm stuck in jersey.
I lived in cherry hill and moorestown as a kid and still have family there love LBI
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla

I lived in cherry hill and moorestown as a kid and still have family there love LBI
I uses to work in moorsetown! Not a bad area.
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
Lalayla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,066
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii

I uses to work in moorsetown! Not a bad area.
My mom and dad met at that HS lol
__________________

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Camo1967Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Re: Mustang Stories (All Mustang Owners)

I had wanted a mustang since I was 13 and saw a red with black racing stripes 1967 fastback sittin in my friends driveway
My dad and everybody else knew how much I wanted a mustang and when I was 17 me and my dad started looking around for a car for me
I figured I would get a little beater since I didnt have much money but when we started looking my dad kept asking every dealer we went to for mustangs
We finally found my baby, a 2001 v6, completely stock for $7000, which I didnt have but my dad went home and got the money and talked the guy down to $6800 and told me it was a graduation/birthday present

And ever since then I have done most of the maintenance/work and upgrades to my baby girl and have loved every day with her
__________________

Adrian
2001 Mustang

--AM CAI, BBK Headers, Dual exhaust, Billet grille, hood and side scoops, Sequential tail lights,
AM Headlight covers, Fog lights, Chin spoiler, H&R Lowering Springs, KYB Shocks and Struts

January 2012 StangAlley ROTM
Camo1967Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
JetWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Arizona
Posts: 2,087
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
Re: Mustang Stories (All Mustang Owners)

alright here we go

ever since i was born, i had loved the deep rumble of an engine, i fell asleep to it every night and woke up to it every morning. Sometimes they would put me on the dryer or such because the vibration and the rumble like the cars would put me to sleep, and Lord knows i always cuddled up with my hot wheels and dinosaurs. My dad has his own Porsche he built and paid for at 19, he was always a car enthusiast, being out of Belgium he was more into foreign cars though, but it was evident i had gasoline for blood. When i was young, the Mustang was the only car that was very recognizable to me, it was bored into my brain, you couldnt forget the name, in my eyes it was a true muscle car, from its curves to its roar. when i came of age to drive, i was looking for a big ol four door truck that was easy to modify (i had always loved custom cars), i only dreamed of having a hot muscle car ride but thought my parents would NEVER allow me to have one. well surprise surprise my dad could not find one truck so he said, how about a Mustang..? my blood froze and tears came to my eyes, i had NEVER thought a day like this would come, and off to the miami dealerships we went in search of a beast. He wouldnt let me have a GT or a stick, which i was not happy about, but non the less i wanted that muscle car, and absolutely refused to look at any others not settling for less (im not a brat its just my passion lol). we couldnt find any Mustangs in great shape in florida so i flew back home to Arizona (where im at now) and immediately hit the lists. First day i got back and the first car we looked at i bought. absolutely beautiful beast, 2004 redfire 40th anniv. 3.9L V6 mint condition interior and mechanic owned, less than 50K miles, remarkable beast for $8k. the day i drove it i was in love, i asked my parents if i could sleep in it but they refused every free moment i could get was spent cleaning him, polishing, lovingly putting every little ounce of my soul into him, he was mine and i was his, and that first car bond was inseparable. one day i drove down to the gas station near my house to fill up before school the next day, it was sunset and the rich arizona flames covered the sky. Getting out of the car i looked out to see the most remarkable breathtaking colors intermixed with his paint, hence the name RedWolf. Red as arizona rock, with a beastly bite, a true wolf in sheep's clothing. the name stuck and people really liked it, folks at school were eternally jealous, and mods began to flow onto him as i got more and more money. life was good and i had saved up over 1k to put into him, i had planned a trip to california to a customs shop the next week. Unfortunately after a night of hanging out with one of my best friends Emily, we were headed off to ASU, ironically during sunset, we got into an accident. At 6:28 pm April 29, 2011 a black F150 cut me off and slammed on the brakes, i had absolutely no time to humanly react and smashed into his hitch. no more RedWolf. i even had new parts in the back seat i was going to install that morning. we were able to pull off to a side street and get my friend some help since she hurt he ankle when the airbags deployed, i had to pull her out of the window because the door was warped and she couldnt crawl out the otherside, i wrapped her up in blankets and laid her on the grass as i waited for the firemen and tow truck, there wasnt a single scratch on that goddamn F150s hitch, yet my entire front end was destroyed, (but my brand new halos i had just installed 3 days ago were fine woo!) when the firemen got their they sat down on both sides of me and put their arms around me, watching me go into a deep depression as i watched the sun fade over his rich paint, the life literally seeping out of him. I really do appreciate those guys, wish i could bake them all cookies if i knew what department they were in! lol. With the tow truck taking RedWolf away to the shop i was left with my worried parents. the next day at school i was screaming my head off on the phone in tears saying they absolutely could NOT have Red totaled no matter what, they would HAVE to fix him. after weeks of battling the insurance company totaled him, and i was left alone, having nightmares of RedWolf (as weird as that sounds it was scary as ****!)

3 months of searching and every single Mustang i went to buy was either sold or the owner stopped replying, just weird stuff was happening every time i tried to close a deal something stopped it. July 29 9:28 pm i signed the papers for my 2006 Black on black Mustang 4.0L V6 after 3 hours of battling the price down from 15K to 9.3K. funny thing is we agreed on 9.6k yet the guy actually wrote it down as 9.3k which is what we had our fingers crossed for, so we hustled off that lot before they noticed! the change within the performance and handling was amazing, and soon i already had a name picked for this beast, JetWolf, the Jet black beast, that handled like a Jet, a true wolf in sheep’s clothing. in under four days i already had the headlights/fog lights/tail lights/side markers/turn signals alllll tinted black, the grill, rims, badges, and rear decklid badge painted black as well. and all in 125+ degree heat, i had to wipe the area down after working because the sweat would drip off of my face onto his paint, and thats no bueno,as well as the tools slipping out of my hands as well, it was a pretty funny sight, but i was dedicated, i couldnt loose another. Many shows, photoshoots, awards and cruises later, he has came to what he has been today, a true beast, and i truly love him, a lot of people dont understand the bond that happens, but that bond is inseparable, its such a beautiful thing, these cars, so remarkable. id type all the funny stories id have with Jet but that would takes days ha! props to you if you read all of this, youre a trooper, damn, youre still reading, high five! thats 5 minutes of your life youll never get back.. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA
__________________
2006 JetWolf Gilbert, AZ. Come race me, I dare you. ASU!
JetWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:11 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.