I. cant. believe. people. are. this. stupid. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I. cant. believe. people. are. this. stupid.

Guys, one of the best things about working in a shop are those awesome rare cars that a true enthusiast brings in, but to every good, there comes the bad. This car I was literally for the first time in my life, in true awe at how absolutely ridiculous someone treats their car.

the pictures are captioned... please enjoy

::WARNING: please place protection on your forehead as excessive facepalming will follow::

Boom look at my sweet primered honda civic! (each one of the coilovers, were set at different heights.)

Hoodpins that didnt work, 5hp. Awesome front grill, 10 hp. Primered car 1 color and then primer the hood black bc he wanted the carbon fiber look... 1000hp

I asked him if he knew it was unsafe to drive with his windshield like this... his honest to god answer.
him - "Oh, man I was at the track, and i was just goin to fast when I hit the nos, it just started to come off."
me - "you dont have nos"
him - "sure felt like it when i got goin fast."
me - "you dont have nos"

he said he thought a tree fell on his car or something, and he was doing body work to fix it. (so instead of a bodyshop, the guy has CAKED ON body filler... youve got to be ****tin me)

smh

exhaust TIP painted black, and it doesnt even line up right coming out of the cutout. and the fact that I could land a Boeing 747 on it based off of how much stands out, just... fail

more awesome ride height slammin on dose 14s dawg

hey, i think you were goin to fast again, your roof is peeling

seriously used tile calk to hold in his back windshield... said it saved him some pretty dough and it still holds up... the fack did he just say?

you cant just stop at cosmetics when it comes to this... here we have zipties holding on, what is that? oh nothin big, just my motor mountz G.

Can we say, fake drilled and slotteds? oh it gets better, look at the picture below.

he almost wore all the way through the insides of his rotors... comeon man.

I had to hear him talk about his car and how many parts he thought he had. (mind you he didnt have any of them) and then when he proceded to ask me what I drove, I told him I had a 1989 Mitsubishi eclipse. and he said he LOVED that car and his brother had one when he was growing up.

safe to say I had enough and told him I had work to do...

do tell of the experiences youve had with the less knowledgeable car folks please. tell me im not the only one who has to suffer!

My girl... ehh, cars never leave you! stick to cars!
My name is Josh, Whats yours?
Topless04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Re: I. cant. believe. people. are. this. stupid.

One time I sold a guy a civic for sticker price and held 6 grand on his trade in. That was cool.

Just like this cool story... bro.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I hate stupid people. I work in a shop too I can't say I saw something that bad, probably the most rigged thing I saw was a Lincoln ls that had a household light switch in the dash for 2 computer monitors zip tied to the headrest.that same car has the pcv pipe hot air kit and removed the sway bar links in the front but left the bar.simply wonderful.
Nicolosi11480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

I zip tight my Jeeps front sway bar to the body when I go off road...

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I would have bought his car and put it out of it's misery.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I would have bought his car and put it out of it's misery.
Why would you waste a $100 bucs.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

Why would you waste a $100 bucs.
What do you expect? Primer was dropped on his head one too many times as a baby. Haha
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless04GT
Guys, one of the best things about working in a shop are those awesome rare cars that a true enthusiast brings in, but to every good, there comes the bad. This car I was literally for the first time in my life, in true awe at how absolutely ridiculous someone treats their car.

the pictures are captioned... please enjoy

::WARNING: please place protection on your forehead as excessive facepalming will follow::

Boom look at my sweet primered honda civic! (each one of the coilovers, were set at different heights.)

Hoodpins that didnt work, 5hp. Awesome front grill, 10 hp. Primered car 1 color and then primer the hood black bc he wanted the carbon fiber look... 1000hp

I asked him if he knew it was unsafe to drive with his windshield like this... his honest to god answer.
him - "Oh, man I was at the track, and i was just goin to fast when I hit the nos, it just started to come off."
me - "you dont have nos"
him - "sure felt like it when i got goin fast."
me - "you dont have nos"

he said he thought a tree fell on his car or something, and he was doing body work to fix it. (so instead of a bodyshop, the guy has CAKED ON body filler... youve got to be ****tin me)

smh

exhaust TIP painted black, and it doesnt even line up right coming out of the cutout. and the fact that I could land a Boeing 747 on it based off of how much stands out, just... fail

more awesome ride height slammin on dose 14s dawg

hey, i think you were goin to fast again, your roof is peeling

seriously used tile calk to hold in his back windshield... said it saved him some pretty dough and it still holds up... the fack did he just say?

you cant just stop at cosmetics when it comes to this... here we have zipties holding on, what is that? oh nothin big, just my motor mountz G.

Can we say, fake drilled and slotteds? oh it gets better, look at the picture below.

he almost wore all the way through the insides of his rotors... comeon man.

I had to hear him talk about his car and how many parts he thought he had. (mind you he didnt have any of them) and then when he proceded to ask me what I drove, I told him I had a 1989 Mitsubishi eclipse. and he said he LOVED that car and his brother had one when he was growing up.

safe to say I had enough and told him I had work to do...

do tell of the experiences youve had with the less knowledgeable car folks please. tell me im not the only one who has to suffer!
Honestly, I would pay too dollar to have this car. It's definitely rare and exclusive. How much does he want? I've been looking for caulked windshields for a while now.
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii

Honestly, I would pay too dollar to have this car. It's definitely rare and exclusive. How much does he want? I've been looking for caulked windshields for a while now.
U can get some really good bath tub caulk at lowes. Lol
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Unf kinda looks like the same person might of had my car previously. Its primer grey, oversprayed over everything locks, don't have key for anyway. So no I can't lock doors and key needs to be on to pop trunk. Not that I use it there is a hole in it. Trim was in bad shape, oversprayed and did I mention they used masking tape to mask it. Uhh good thing I'm taking off all my trim. Half of its off need to get other side and all glue or whatever off. Seems to have a lot of bondo towards rear. No weatherstripping, fenders weren't attached at top of door or bottom only along under hood. Mech gerri rigged for now so don't have to lift up on to get in. Radio in car but ant wire cut. Seatback just broke just before transmision. Got back yesterday yay, mech gerri rigged seat. Told me when get seat(s) have to rip out carpet and weld sheet metal down. I knew there was small hole passenger side on lip of Sidewall. Think there is one at firewall. It is prob swiss cheese under carpet, which I was afraid of. Need to get new parts for shifter bezel. I can peel back boot and see outside. So I obviously get heat coming through. Hot in summer warm in winter lol. Speaking of trim any tips on how to get off easy aside from brute force and tearing off, also glue behind it. Plan on taking off and smoothing out w bad word bondo. I'm trying to bring back to life. Cosmetics is absolute last. Put about 6k into so far and mind you I'm poor as **** so that hurts bad. Even debating on keeping way is rat rod esque because its eating me alive. I'm sure everyone understands well its a Sickness. Prob wont ever be entirely happy or stop fixing up one way or Other.
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90fox
Unf kinda looks like the same person might of had my car previously. Its primer grey, oversprayed over everything locks, don't have key for anyway. So no I can't lock doors and key needs to be on to pop trunk. Not that I use it there is a hole in it. Trim was in bad shape, oversprayed and did I mention they used masking tape to mask it. Uhh good thing I'm taking off all my trim. Half of its off need to get other side and all glue or whatever off. Seems to have a lot of bondo towards rear. No weatherstripping, fenders weren't attached at top of door or bottom only along under hood. Mech gerri rigged for now so don't have to lift up on to get in. Radio in car but ant wire cut. Seatback just broke just before transmision. Got back yesterday yay, mech gerri rigged seat. Told me when get seat(s) have to rip out carpet and weld sheet metal down. I knew there was small hole passenger side on lip of Sidewall. Think there is one at firewall. It is prob swiss cheese under carpet, which I was afraid of. Need to get new parts for shifter bezel. I can peel back boot and see outside. So I obviously get heat coming through. Hot in summer warm in winter lol. Speaking of trim any tips on how to get off easy aside from brute force and tearing off, also glue behind it. Plan on taking off and smoothing out w bad word bondo. I'm trying to bring back to life. Cosmetics is absolute last. Put about 6k into so far and mind you I'm poor as **** so that hurts bad. Even debating on keeping way is rat rod esque because its eating me alive. I'm sure everyone understands well its a Sickness. Prob wont ever be entirely happy or stop fixing up one way or Other.
O.o you'd should probably invest in a new car man.
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

yeah....... that's special.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Missxalli..that prob should have been done long time ago if were. Got way to much money inyo now and I have a vision I want to see happen.
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like the beater I drive to work so I don't put miles on my Mustang. Maybe he has a second car. HaHa
"The true test of a leader is whether his followers will adhere to his cause from their own volition, enduring the most arduous hardships without being forced to do so, and remaining steadfast in the moments of greatest peril."

Xenophon
maltesefalcon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Heeeeellllllo......those rotors are slotted and dimpled.ROFL!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Wow! That's a beaut.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar