In a chevy for the first time - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
In a chevy for the first time

So we're renting a new Chevy malibu as a rental car while we visit Texas. Been in it 5 minutes and the cup holder cover doesn't work (only 13k miles) the seats are hard as hell, and they awkwardly placed some of the controls like the cigarette outlet for our portable gps is right behind the auto "shifter" (don't know what you call that on an auto lol) anyone else have problems with Chevy cars? I don't know if it goes for all Chevy models but if this is how a camero is, then now I understand why mostly no one on here likes them
Whitestang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
well camaros outsell the stangs now but gross...and what year is the mailbu. my grandma drives a 07 mailibu v6 lol. i actullay enjoy driving it, very comfy and aint as slow as i thought it would be.

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yeah Chevy sucks. But so do rental cars in general lol unless u wanna spend a couple hundred a week
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
well camaros outsell the stangs now but gross...and what year is the mailbu. my grandma drives a 07 mailibu v6 lol. i actullay enjoy driving it, very comfy and aint as slow as i thought it would be.
If they do or did at one point we all know why. The transformer movies haha
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay
Haha well this headrest is literally like a thick piece of hard foam. It's really uncomfortable in this one. Not sure what year

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs

If they do or did at one point we all know why. The transformer movies haha
Haha exactly! And the interior is just plastic. At least the stangs are really nice on the inside and outside.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
My mom has an HHR an 07 i believe. I've grown up around Chevy all my life, and honestly, i like them. Learned to drive in them. But the quality on her car is So-So. Theres a couple little things that are wrong with it, but overall it's comfy as hell. I'm it gets decent gas milage, i've hit 33 mpgs on the highway. Plus, the seats fold down, and it's got plenty of room to move cargo. You guys need to admit, not all chevys are bad lol.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestang93

Haha well this headrest is literally like a thick piece of hard foam. It's really uncomfortable in this one. Not sure what year

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Haha exactly! And the interior is just plastic. At least the stangs are really nice on the inside and outside.
I got in a newer Camaro before ever seeing the inside of the 2011+ mustang interiors, and I just have to say the interior of those cameos are the worst god awful things ever haha. You can barely look out of the thing and the gauges are so dumb looking. Basically I didn't like it. Now I'm in a pony packages v6 2011 mustang. Interior is perfect in my opinion
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I could go on for days about the problems my moms 98 camaro z28 had (but it was the fastest stock car I've ever been in other than her new 07 vette and my buddies 03 cobra) her z hit a 12.7 stock btw

However both those cars had major annoying problems all the time... Motors r/were great but everything else sucked
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs

I got in a newer Camaro before ever seeing the inside of the 2011+ mustang interiors, and I just have to say the interior of those cameos are the worst god awful things ever haha. You can barely look out of the thing and the gauges are so dumb looking. Basically I didn't like it. Now I'm in a pony packages v6 2011 mustang. Interior is perfect in my opinion
Haha yeah like this was just crappy plastic side pieces and I've seen some pictures on here of the new mustang interiors. Wow they look like luxury cars. I don't know the quality but it sure looks good

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

And I have no problem admitting if the Chevy was nice. But this one is just terrible

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversky545
I could go on for days about the problems my moms 98 camaro z28 had (but it was the fastest stock car I've ever been in other than her new 07 vette and my buddies 03 cobra) her z hit a 12.7 stock btw

However both those cars had major annoying problems all the time... Motors r/were great but everything else sucked
Is that the race model for that year? Cause I've heard all those old model camaros are slow as molasses lol. That's pretty good for stock though
Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yea the Chevy guys called it "one of those factory freaks" supposedly they would grab a car off the assembly line an build it by hand (quality control... Not sure if this is true) but I beat lightly modded ws6 t/a on a regular basis back then
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

They aren't all that bad... My dad has an 03 Vette and it is actually very comfy inside. I do like Fords better but i'm not one of those people who just bashes every other manufacturer because they don't build mustangs lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:56 PM   #12

Region: Virginia
I actually have a 08 Malibu now I like it ok but I regret buying it. I bought it so I would have a car with good mileage and have room for my children I should have bought a 6 spd g8 gtp
poorstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
They aren't all that bad... My dad has an 03 Vette and it is actually very comfy inside. I do like Fords better but i'm not one of those people who just bashes every other manufacturer because they don't build mustangs lol.
Well I'm not bashing, I was just agreeing with most other people and supporting with evedence as to why people say they aren't as good as mustangs. And I have no doubt that the vette is extremely nice. Its like the shelby/super snake for ford. I'd love to own one. I've loved corvettes longer than mustangs but I feel I'll be a mustang owner for life now

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorstang
I actually have a 08 Malibu now I like it ok but I regret buying it. I bought it so I would have a car with good mileage and have room for my children I should have bought a 6 spd g8 gtp
Man that would have been one helluva grocery getter/safe for kids car lol
Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #14

Region: Virginia
It would have been a lot more fun than my 4 cylinder lol
poorstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar