Cloverfield - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Cloverfield

Just got back from seeing it....

and i thoroughly liked it. actually, it was so well done that it made you think it actually happened....and it kinda freaked me out.

i would love to see more to this, for instance, more background or something....but i really liked it

anyone else see it?

oh an apparently this has something to do with the movie Slusho! - You Can't Drink Just Six.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02
Re: Cloverfield

oh my gosh girl! we went to the movies last night and saw "bucket list" (very good movie, but sad in parts) and cloverfield was still playing on the way out and it sounded kinda scary!! i really want to see it, it sounds really good, but i'm sure it's a little freaky. glad you liked! hopefully next weekend. it sounds really interesting and from people that i know that have seen it, they really liked it too.

it sounds good anyway! i'll have to let you know later.

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT ~Dominic~
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

I liked the choice of cars in Bucketlist
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I heard a review from someone here locally and they said it thoroughly sucked balls. No real beginning, no real end, no real story, and motion sickness because of the lame attempt to make it look like a home movie.

Needless to say, from the first lame preview on...it was one I had no intentions of seeing. I've read a lot of reviews similar to the above mentioned....so it looks like I will definitely be saving my DVDR for another movie.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

The race track scene was awesome, specially with those 2 actors, lol. Don't wanna give too much away, but it was really good for the most part!

And listen to you, Pure. lol. It was a GREAT movie. Definitely a great ending. It was a little sad and serious, but really good. It's definitely a movie you can appreciate, I really liked it for the most part.

No hotties or steamy scenes tho, sorry. lol.

EDIT: Rob was talking about cloverfield, not bucket list as i first thought, haha! Just to clear that up! lol

MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #6
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
Just got back from seeing it....

and i thoroughly liked it. actually, it was so well done that it made you think it actually happened....and it kinda freaked me out.

i would love to see more to this, for instance, more background or something....but i really liked it

anyone else see it?

oh an apparently this has something to do with the movie Slusho! - You Can't Drink Just Six.
thats what she said...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:43 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

i thought Cloverfield thoroughly kicked ***. because of seeing things from almost a "first person view" through the camera it sucked me in like no other movie could, there were times where my heart was racing pretty good. it really made you feel like you were there, seeing things through the eyes of the people living it. i didnt get motion sick at all, and i was actually expecting it because lately my stomach and others driving habits have not gotten along.

this was the first movie that i have felt was worth the money. it sucks you in and you see things from a different perspective, because literally you are seeing what the guy holding the camera is seeing and what he wants to see. i left the movie theatres pretty satisfied, feeling as though someone has finally made a movie that takes FPS shooters and puts them in movie form.

i hope to see a Cloverfield 2 that shows another sequence of events from someone elses point of view as well. would be pretty sweet IMO, an entire franchise based on one type of event, but seen from many perspectives and sequences.

for those saying there is no beginning and no end: there isnt supposed to be. its a movie based on a sequence of events, through one group of people's perspective. its a science fiction documentary in essence. there isnt a plotline or point, its just to show what people who experience this kind of tragedy and situation do in it, how they succeed and fail at the same time.

Spoiler Below (in white, highlight to see):

the part that truly got me is when he had to tell his mom his brother died, i think i shed a tear or two. a pretty gripping scene. how about walking on rooftops of toppled buildings? thats pretty sick as well!

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

yeah, i heard it was super good too.

the mist was good too and gave me the same feeling lol... i was depressed for a few hours afterwards lol (saw it a month ago or so).

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Black95GT

I haven't seen it yet. Reading other forums, too many people don't like it because they dont know whats going on or the background. I guess they seem to forget, thats how the film is. I mean, the people in the film are just recording a party, and **** hits the fan, you know as much as they do, and it makes you feel like your there.

Anyways I cant wait to check it out.
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:02 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, I have to see it. lol

Old 01-22-2008, 09:18 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Every person that I've heard talk about seeing this movie has either loved or hated it.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i loved it--i'm going to see it again on friday especially after researching it all over the net now i want to find the hidden stuff

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

I loved it. walked out just like you thomas, feeling very satisfied. I can't wait for the sequal to come out.

Did anyone wait to hear the sound at the end after the credits??

Anyone else researching this movie all over the net? visit 1-18-08news.com/forum
There are so many websites and videos put out by JJ abrams. Good to see a director go all out and put his all into a movie like this.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

JJ puts his all into everything.

i cant wait to see how he reimagines the star-trek franchise when he does the next movie, as much as i am a fan for the current trek lore, i have a feeling its gonna be like Battlestar Galactica for the big screen.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar