Open Letter To Huckabee Supporters - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Open Letter To Huckabee Supporters

An Open Letter to Huckabee Supporters in Behalf of Ron Paul by Bret McAtee

Thoughts.....?

Quote:
The observation about Huckabee is that he is slick the same way that Clinton was slick except that he has added a Jesus coating to his slickness.
I made a comment similar to that a while back.

He goes on to say:
Quote:
This is my chief reason for disliking Huckabee. It is my estimation that he is cynically using Jesus to get elected. Let's face it, if it weren't for Huckabee's ministerial ties and willingness to invoke Jesus at every turn he would be running neck and neck with Duncan Hunter and be easily dismissed as a center-left moderate Republican (what they call a Social Democrat in Europe). Recently, I am blaming him less and less for this and increasingly I am blaming the "Christian community" for being such willing naifs. Huckabee's "I am the Bible's candidate" spiel came out again in the few minutes that he spoke where he appealed to people to help him slay the giants he was facing in the Michigan primary the way that David slew Goliath. This was just more identity politics and more red meat for the Jesus people.
I agree completely. All one has to do is play the Jesus card in this country and the Christians will latch on to it. Huckabee went from nowhere to front runner not because of his record serving the United States but because he was a preacher. His one liner in the previous debate about Jesus would be too smart to run for President won him over with millions of conservatives. They have no interest in whether or not he will actually be worth a damn as President.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
Regular

Re: Open Letter To Huckabee Supporters

I also wanted to note this:
Quote:
My final observation is sociological and has reference to the way people treat those who are unwilling to drink the kool-aid. During the 36 hours when all this was unfolding I was told it was inappropriate for me to e-mail people to warn them about Huckabee. My son was told by someone that they "felt sorry for him that he had the father he had," and the most benign look I seem to get now is one that is quizzical as if somebody is looking at a hunchback cannibal with the remnants of dinner still wedged between his teeth. Like the human body, a community protects itself by attacking foreign elements that it perceives does not belong there. Much of the Christian community has decided that Huckabee is the man and woe unto those who suggest that a vote for Huckabee is a vote which is, in reality, precisely against their best interest.
I know that this doesn't apply to every person who calls themselves a Christian. I am not stereotyping an entire Religion. What I am saying is that there are FAR too many people calling themselves Christians that act in the way described above. A "I'm better than you because I have Jesus on my side" attitude. It's attitudes like that that drive me far away from organized religion.

Now I'm a big supporter of Ron Paul, as I am sure everyone is quite aware of right now. Why is Ron Paul not considered in the same light as Huckabee when it comes to Religion? Ron Paul is a Christian and is running for the same job Huckabee is. Is Huckabee more Religious than Paul, McCain and Romney? If so why? Is it because Huckabee is the only one that feels the need to use Jesus' name every chance he gets effectively exploiting Religion so that he can gain the office of Presidency an office that needs not someone who is the most religious person but someone that can actually take a country in the shape it is in now and improve it?

I guess I am just trying to figure out what makes Huckabee die hards tick. What makes you believe he will be the best person for the job? He has very controversial beliefs. He just recently stated that he would not put a stop to arresting cancer patients who use marijuana to improve their health. He recently said this:

Quote:
"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."
2: How is this acceptable? What standards in our constitution are not up to God's standards?

Please help me understand this.....

Reddit
Old 01-22-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
Regular

Not everyone at once now. Don't want to over load the server

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Who's huckabee Is he the guy that hung out with Tom Sawyer on the river

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
2: How is this acceptable? What standards in our constitution are not up to God's standards?

That is a scary statement. Now you understand.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I also wanted to note this:

I know that this doesn't apply to every person who calls themselves a Christian. I am not stereotyping an entire Religion. What I am saying is that there are FAR too many people calling themselves Christians that act in the way described above. A "I'm better than you because I have Jesus on my side" attitude. It's attitudes like that that drive me far away from organized religion.

Now I'm a big supporter of Ron Paul, as I am sure everyone is quite aware of right now. Why is Ron Paul not considered in the same light as Huckabee when it comes to Religion? Ron Paul is a Christian and is running for the same job Huckabee is. Is Huckabee more Religious than Paul, McCain and Romney? If so why? Is it because Huckabee is the only one that feels the need to use Jesus' name every chance he gets effectively exploiting Religion so that he can gain the office of Presidency an office that needs not someone who is the most religious person but someone that can actually take a country in the shape it is in now and improve it?

I guess I am just trying to figure out what makes Huckabee die hards tick. What makes you believe he will be the best person for the job? He has very controversial beliefs. He just recently stated that he would not put a stop to arresting cancer patients who use marijuana to improve their health. He recently said this:

I'm afraid I don't have an explanation for you Brent. As you eluded to earlier, just because a candidate plays the religion card, they get a lot of support. Granted, I've never seen a candidate go this far out on that Jesus limb, but I do remember Bush talking a decent amount about God in his election. I think for those that religion is important to, they will pick the candidate they see as most "in line" with God, and it's hard to beat a preacher there.

However, the big problem is that because the world isn't one religion, his views about how things should operate will be misguided. A Christian God can't tell you how to deal with people that worship a Muslim God. It can't tell you how to get through to terrorists. Religion has no part in politics and the sooner people get that through their heads, the better off this country will be. I just have a feeling people are too afraid to put someone in that doesn't have a strong belief in God

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
However, the big problem is that because the world isn't one religion, his views about how things should operate will be misguided. A Christian God can't tell you how to deal with people that worship a Muslim God. It can't tell you how to get through to terrorists. Religion has no part in politics and the sooner people get that through their heads, the better off this country will be. I just have a feeling people are too afraid to put someone in that doesn't have a strong belief in God
That's just it...God does tell us how to deal with other believers. Be accepting but firm. You don't have to force your beliefs on someone to get the point across. Alot of times just acting the way you should goes alot further than telling someone what they did wrong.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
That's just it...God does tell us how to deal with other believers. Be accepting but firm. You don't have to force your beliefs on someone to get the point across. Alot of times just acting the way you should goes alot further than telling someone what they did wrong.
True words of wisdom

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
so Bush ran on a decently religious platform... how is God guiding him?

Perhaps God suggested he do a pre-emptive firm yet "acceptive" attack.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

yea, now that thompson is out, looks like i'm voting for ron paul

i like his stance on almost every issue.. though i do think his foreign policy is a bit weak
Old 01-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
Regular

At first I was concerned with the drastic difference in Foreign policy as well. I mean it's the complete opposite of what we have been doing since WWII. Then I looked back at how much crap has happened since WWII and seen that we were right in the middle of it all and it suddenly dawned on me that he might be on to something.

It's not like he is advocating no national defense. I truly believe that if we pulled all our troops out from around the world and looked at how the last attack on us happened we would be much much safer in the end.

Reddit
Old 01-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

that's a very good point

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar